PDA

View Full Version : SHOW SUPPORT!!!!!

k0olaid305
Apr 14, 2006, 01:06 PM
Any 1 wit a 360 has 2 be wanting PSU... Nd it only makes since that they put tha best rpg on tha best console wit tha best internet service. But idk wutz wrong wit SEGA so I say if we just show them how from many ppl, different ppl, from diferent places really want it 2 come to tha 360!!! Hopefully some 1 from SEGA will read this. List your name, where your from, nd if you want PSU 2 come 2 tha 360... I'll start it...

BJ Gonzalez,
Miami, FL
PSU 4 XBOX 360!!!

LocWolf
Apr 14, 2006, 01:25 PM
It'd be nice if they released it on the 360, but I honestly doubt this thread will make any difference.

coomdoom
Apr 14, 2006, 02:02 PM
oh and k0olaid305, please type clearer, maybe using proper english so we can understand what you are saying and don't have to decrypt it. Thanks. back on topic, we don't know if it is a yes or no yet, so maybe if we acctually know weather it is a no then you could start a petition.

FayteEternal
Apr 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
As I stated before in an earlier thread (my opinion of course) I don't believe Sega sees an overall profit margin for PSU on 360. Sure, they'd sell but the question is would they sell enough for Sega to make a profit. Sega would have to deal with another extremely popular franchise being released with 3 years worth of expansions and content - that being FFXI. So, be that as it may, perhaps it's just not the right time and/or maybe Sega and Microsoft do not have any plans for such a possibility. Of course I also stated how cool it would be though to see PSU on 360 in HDTV spendor^^;;

maoZedong
Apr 14, 2006, 02:15 PM
shut dowwwnnn!....lol

I want it for 360 too but...I don't care...just get it for PC and hook an X-Box controller to the usb lol...

k0olaid305
Apr 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
easy 4 you 2 say... my pc is a piece of crap nd im way 2poor 2 get another rite now... nd after this post i'll type normal... sorry bout that lol

FayteEternal
Apr 14, 2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I read a review about how the new 360 controller doubles as one of the best PC controllers available. I think it was in CGM from maybe a month or two ago.

voxie
Apr 14, 2006, 03:05 PM
Set up a petition or something, then get Sega to take a look at it. Not sure how, email them, post on the official Sega forums, something like that I guess...

There were rumours of PSU on the 360 anyway, so you could just wait it out. Or save up for a new PC!

LocWolf
Apr 14, 2006, 05:24 PM
I don't really think that ST would have a problem making money by putting PSU on the 360, almost anybody who knows anything about mmos should know not to join the fun 3 years later. Not only is FFXI old and played out, but the economy is ruled by people who purchase virtual money, leaving the legit players in the dust.

So I'd say that most people who make educated purchases with games that require monthly fees will stay far, far away from FFXI and go for PSU. A new game that focuses more on having fun and socializing than trapping people in time/money sinkholes in order to keep them paying that monthly fee.

The 360 owners need a decent mmo, I wouldn't expect them to drop PS2 for 360, but having it on both would be fine with me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LocWolf on 2006-04-14 15:26 ]</font>

Sev
Apr 14, 2006, 06:37 PM
All monthly fees take tolls. There aren't alot of new people coming into FFXI on a whim or because it's for Xbox 360. They're mostly aware that the game is on 2 other platforms, and that it has been out for a long amount of time. Bringing it to the 360, was just a way to get them to upgrade if they were already on PS2 and bought a 360. Other then that, it does not serve any other purpose.

Educated Purchases would lead you away from monthly fees in general. So that's not really much of a reason to pick up PSU instead of FFXI. And the simple fact of the matter is, there won't be any real getting PSU over FFXI. It will simply be getting PSU, because you like the game. They aren't the same type of game, that's obvious, so try not to randomly compare them. Xbox 360 owners will buy what they want to buy, "Educated Purchases" or not. The point here, is whether or not Xbox 360 owners will make it worth Sega's time to port the game to that system. That's simply how it is.

The fact that I play FFXI, made me interested in your particular post. Every game has it's faults... I've played just about all of 'em, and I always come back to this one.

That being said, even now, the only 2 games I have activated after all of those, is FFXI, and PSO:BB.

Kayai
Apr 14, 2006, 06:50 PM
you cant afford a new computer...but you can afford a 360? OK....

OdinTyler
Apr 14, 2006, 06:54 PM
On 2006-04-14 16:50, Kayai wrote:
you cant afford a new computer...but you can afford a 360? OK....

Some ppl won't go for a bargain. They have to have a top of the line system (which naturally costs thousands). If you're going to spend that much on a PC, let it be like a car. Your first should be ok, enough to satisfy your needs. In a few years, THEN upgrade to a nicer one only when you absolutely have to.

FayteEternal
Apr 14, 2006, 07:11 PM
My desktop PC, currently getting serviced, is only 1 year old and is barely able to run Oblivion under 'recommended' settings. I chose Oblivion for the 360 rather than upgrade my processor and video card on PC because my desktop can run everything else just fine. With HDTV becoming more common and an accepted medium by which to create games, it made sense for me to put my money there rather than have to have the latest PC specs. Having a top of the line PC is fine if that's your cup of tea but playing the same games available in 720p (or higher) from your couch seems a joyous bliss that's also welcome.

lostinseganet
Apr 14, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-04-14 11:06, k0olaid305 wrote:
Any 1 wit a 360 has 2 be wanting PSU... Nd it only makes since that they put tha best rpg on tha best console wit tha best internet service. But idk wutz wrong wit SEGA so I say if we just show them how from many ppl, different ppl, from diferent places really want it 2 come to tha 360!!! Hopefully some 1 from SEGA will read this. List your name, where your from, nd if you want PSU 2 come 2 tha 360... I'll start it...

BJ Gonzalez,
Miami, FL
PSU 4 XBOX 360!!!

I still can not get my hands on an xbox 360. I am just about ready to wait for the others to strut their stuff. Also I plan to buy it for the PC the xbox version would need something extra to get me to buy it.

maoZedong
Apr 14, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-04-14 13:05, voxie wrote:
Set up a petition or something, then get Sega to take a look at it. Not sure how, email them, post on the official Sega forums, something like that I guess...

There were rumours of PSU on the 360 anyway, so you could just wait it out. Or save up for a new PC!

yeah I came up with that idea earlier...nobody bought it...who cares

on a further note...my p/c is a piece of crap too...I might "soup it up" hehehe...supposedly you can make your own that's pretty good for pretty cheap...like as "cheap" as an XBox 360

k0olaid305
Apr 15, 2006, 10:56 AM
FFXI is nothin compared 2 PSO... not 2 metion PSU... 360 needs a good online rpg with expirence... FFXI in my mind wasnt that good... nd oblivion is 2 long nd 2 hard... but it is a good game though... i'll give it that... but in my opinion PSU is capable of being tha best rpg ever!!!

Kayai
Apr 15, 2006, 12:48 PM
but ya see the thing is 360 sold for crap in Japan so Sonic Team isnt gonna waste there time on making a game for a system that didnt sell in Japan? (rhetorical question)

hypersaxon
Apr 15, 2006, 02:02 PM
Nice thread, although somewhat hard to read, but anyway I definitely support PSU coming to Xbox 360, cuz I certainly don't wanna be stuck playing Final Fantasy XI.

zandra117
Apr 15, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-04-15 10:48, Kayai wrote:
but ya see the thing is 360 sold for crap in Japan so Sonic Team isnt gonna waste there time on making a game for a system that didnt sell in Japan? (rhetorical question)

But it sold like crazy in the US and UK which has more population than Japan so if they put it on the 360 they would most likely get more profit.

Rubesahl
Apr 16, 2006, 11:16 AM
I'm not as desperate for a 360 version cause my PC is a nice one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif But if it were up to me, let PSU be on all consoles, and everyone sharing servers. A 360 version would be nice for the soundtracks and maxed graphics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Maybe they'd take out the voice chat like in FFXI but it'd still be nice. Plus in my house there are 3 who like online games and one of us has a crappy pc, so console versions are more than welcome for me.

Sev
Apr 17, 2006, 03:50 PM
FFXI for Xbox 360 has nothing to do with PSU for Xbox 360... Why can't you understand that? They're not the same game, they're not really that similar at all.

And to say FFXI is nothing compared to FFXI is strictly opinion, and at that, not a great one. I've played both, and can't see how you would begin to compare them. Maybe it's because I just play games and enjoy them, rather then trying to disect and raise one game above another. It's much more enjoyable when you just don't care and play what you play.

If you don't have FFXI... And you buy it just because it's out for Xbox 360... No, that's not a smart buy. I don't really think to many people have, as if they wanted it enough they would've gotten it for PS2 way back when.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole point is that the Xbox 360 is doing crappy in Japan. That's all of it. It's hard for ST to develop a game for a system that's doing so poorly in it's own home country when they really have no ground established like FFXI did. If it does come out, I wouldn't think it would be right away. I barely think it'll happen at all.

You also gotta remember that the majority of people that bought an Xbox 360 didn't buy it with much intent to play an RPG. I guess we'll see if they do it or not, I just highly doubt it.