PDA

View Full Version : You can't just make problems disappear.

ADE
Apr 17, 2006, 07:16 AM
I sent a PM to a user who was acting in a very irritating manner. I raised logical points that demonstrated this his behavior was unacceptable.

Rather than address any of my points, he simply blocks me.

Ignoring a true statement doesn't make it any less true. It just makes you an idiot.

Daikarin
Apr 17, 2006, 07:37 AM
When you corner someone to the wall with arguments, few are those who acknowledge their mistake. They rather stick to their pride instead, unfortunately.

BogusKun
Apr 17, 2006, 07:49 AM
Think of it like this... if life was a forum board... you'll either get banned or blocked. Like they can't see you but everyoen else can.

Those it's pretty off the wall to get BANISHED in reality... the only human thing you can do is ignore him ignore his ignorance... however the subject is always there.

Or you could simply meet him at a 7-11 and PK him when you see him.

navci
Apr 17, 2006, 10:03 AM
Just let it go man. You let the internet bother you too much.

Maridia
Apr 17, 2006, 04:14 PM
When someone behaves in such an irritating manner, and never backs off or shuts up or moves ON, people tend to not want to listen to a thing someone has to say. Perhaps he got your point of view AGES ago when you FIRST proclaimed "whatever it was you did", and simply didn't care. You seem to forget that while a true statement remains true, it doesn't matter much at all if nobody gives a crap except for you. If I was that person, I would have done the exact same thing because frankly, Ade, you are annoying. You let things get to you way too much. Quit fighting for morals on the internet and go volunteer somewhere or something. Do something CONSTRUCTIVE and HELPFUL with your time. Seriously. <_<

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 17, 2006, 04:18 PM
He might be thinking you are the idiot and blocked you.

Just a thought.

But with the ability to use PM's comes the ability to block others from sending you PM's.
You just found this out?

Skorpius
Apr 17, 2006, 04:27 PM
You actually can make these particular problems disappear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/xxx.png

Balthor
Apr 17, 2006, 04:49 PM
lol, forum police.

PhotonDrop
Apr 17, 2006, 05:58 PM
People hate it when someone tries to correct them. Thats why there are moderators.

PJ
Apr 17, 2006, 06:37 PM
It's hard to reply, since I support ADE, but I also support who he's talking about.

Talking about putting myself in a corner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If you find someone annoying, you have the ability to block them. It's annoying to the person being blocked yes, but they also have a right to if they don't want to listen.

And it's kinda cool to see the green box under posts of people, the, "Unblock Private messages from so and so," I dunno why http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif They're like, marked XD

navci
Apr 17, 2006, 07:26 PM
On 2006-04-17 16:37, PJ wrote:

And it's kinda cool to see the green box under posts of people, the, "Unblock Private messages from so and so," I dunno why http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif They're like, marked XD

I didn't know that so I had to block PJ and reload this to see what he is saying. XD

You seem to forget that while a true statement remains true, it doesn't matter much at all if nobody gives a crap except for you.

QFT.
Of course, normally you can't ignore something so it will go away. But since this is the internet, it is in your full power to not deal with someone should you desire to. It's just the way it works!

KodiaX987
Apr 17, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-04-17 05:16, ADE wrote:
I sent a PM to a user who was acting in a very irritating manner. I raised logical points that demonstrated this his behavior was unacceptable.

Rather than address any of my points, he simply blocks me.

Ignoring a true statement doesn't make it any less true. It just makes you an idiot.

Dude, you're on the Internet. What did ya expect?

I see a user who is acting in a very irritating manner. He raises hell and high water that demonstrate that his behavior is unacceptable.

Rather than lose my precious time trying to convert a spineless idiot who would kill himself on runways playing chicken anyway, I simply kick him.

ADE
Apr 17, 2006, 08:03 PM
What pisses me off is that he is able to continue onward in his dishonest and boastful manner here on the BOARDS and I HAVE to read some of his posts if they are part of the topics I want to read. If I want to call out his bullshit on the boards, I get a warning. So I take it to the PMs and then I can't even speak to him there. It's just stupid.

I recommend that people who play PSO simply for reasons of bragging receive warnings if their boasting and gloating reach irritating levels. Especially if these people "bend the rules" to get where they want to.

And a few people here irritate the fucking piss out of me. "Finding" new uber rares every 100 gameplay hours when we all know that cannot continue to happen consistently. Then posting screenshots of their characters in these "cool poses with such great weapons" and receiving all sorts of amazing compliments which I am sure they masturbate to. Oh it just annoys the crap out of me, and I wish that some hammer of justice would knock these wretched folk off of their high horses.

And this has gone from one specific person to a small group of people who play PSO this way.

I want so badly to call this person out by name, but then Ryna or some other person who views truthtelling as flaming will come out and give me a warning. This is a completely unfair situation in which the person who is in the right has no voice. Just stupid.

KodiaX987
Apr 17, 2006, 08:18 PM
If getting warning without, burn him you can't, more work on burns then you must do. </Yoda>

There is an art wherein one is able to effectively corner a dude publicly, smooth like butter and without ever going on the wrong side of the law. It's such a fine skill that you can train it in Elder Scrolls IV. And it takes many years to train, yes!

Lux
Apr 17, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-04-17 18:03, ADE wrote:
This is a completely unfair situation in which the person who is in the right has no voice. Just stupid.

This is life, sadly.

At least you don't need to care about obviously stupid people who're making you look bad on the internet, it's got no impact on your life. Would be different if this happened in life. Well, just tell those people "yeah you won", let them keep boasting and die stupid, that's my life's philosophy. As long as you don't allow them to change your view you'll do okay.
Long story short: shit on them, therefore they're not popular in real life.

Eihwaz
Apr 17, 2006, 08:39 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, for I'm fairly sure I know who you're talking about, based on your last post in this thread.

No one is MAKING you to read his posts, seriously. Even if it's in a topic you're reading, you can just scroll past it. If you are talking about the person I think you are, I honestly haven't seem him "bend the rules" either. >_>;

Further, I don't see this guy ever bragging, gloating, or boasting. He posts screenshots of his characters with items equipped and such. People think these screenshots are cool, and praise him for it. I don't see why this bothers you so much, seriously. If he's found all those uber rares, good for him. If not, well, that's not so cool.

You strike me as the one being on a high horse. You seem to be thinking you're totally right about something so utterly pointless.

Seriously. If this person/group of people bugs you so much, LEAVE. Just log off of PSOW, delete your cookies, and never come back here. You can go off wherever, and think whatever you want. If you're convinced you're right, you can go be right somewhere else. Why, if seeing all this perceived boasting and such pisses you off, do you continue to COME HERE?

No one is making you stay here and read PSOW. If the person in question's behavior ticks you off so much that you constantly complain about it, what the hell's the point of you staying around? Why subject yourself to all that?

Instead of complaining about how unjust all this is, why not go do something productive? Instead of complaining, why not go volunteer, donate some blood, or something? You're a big strong guy, I know someone could really use your help somewhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-04-17 18:58 ]</font>

navci
Apr 17, 2006, 08:39 PM

I want so badly to call this person out by name, but then Ryna or some other person who views truthtelling as flaming will come out and give me a warning. This is a completely unfair situation in which the person who is in the right has no voice. Just stupid.

Do you really need to name this person? I think not. By now everytime you rant about a person it is always about the same person really.

I think you just need to get over it because no one else is really giving a fuck, most certainly not this person you are mentioning.

It is the internet, and it is a game. Don't build you life around it.

Maridia
Apr 17, 2006, 09:02 PM

Like any of us who know anything about you don't already know EXACTLY who you're talking about, silly. And look, Ade, I sympathise about the irritation, and having to "play nice" and "be civil" around people you don't really like at all, but sadly, if you wish to continue being here, it's something you'll have to do. We all have to attempt to get along. And if you can't move past it, the least you could do is try to ignore it.

You know, sometimes the things you're talking about bother me too. A lot. But I don't think those people are in it quite for the reasons you think they are, but I also don't think they're totally innocent and misunderstood. I used to get really pissy about seeing so and so with uber weapons ALL THE TIME. I'd go into the screenshot thread and it would be "Oh look, so and so found ANOTHER rare that few people have. There's a surprise." But I kept it to myself as it really wasn't any of my business, and it wasn't effecting my game in any way. The only thing it was doing was making me grumpy sometimes, so I just ignored it. Or when I'd see something that irritated me a bit, I'd just kind of roll me eyes, laugh/shrug it off, and move on.

You can't be this crusader, Ade, and you can't change anyone. Especially with your methods. I wish you could accept it and try to get past it. It's fine to be irritated and annoyed and envious or even suspicious. But keep it to yourself and try to focus on things that really matter. Face it, everyone is beyond tired of hearing this crap. You're not only irritating the people you're trying to "change" or "call out", but you're irritating EVERYONE AROUND YOU. For everyone's sake, quit it.

Ryna
Apr 17, 2006, 09:05 PM
I left this thread open at the start since it was rather generalized. Now that it is becoming more personal, I am going to lock it.