PDA

View Full Version : Check your emails (Official

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2006, 06:39 AM
The first batch is out (2000 accounts)

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/

And no, i didn't get in...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-19 08:19 ]</font>

coomdoom
Apr 18, 2006, 07:01 AM
thank goodness it is only 2000 so far, it means i still have a chance, when i didn't get an email i felt dissapointed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: coomdoom on 2006-04-18 05:01 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Apr 18, 2006, 07:25 AM
Damn didn't get it, and neither 2 of my friends. Did they say if they did a lottery or not?

DarK-SuN
Apr 18, 2006, 07:29 AM
Didn't get in in this first batch... dangit... but, the download is there!!!
Time to start digging the files for music stuff...!

Edit: Only to then realise you need an accepted Segalink username and password to download it... oh well, it was a nice try anyway.

Edit 2: Received an email from Segalink, I was all filled with hope!
Alas, my hope was crushed like a prune, it was just an email from Segalink about some gachapons now available for purchase at the website. >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2006-04-18 05:45 ]</font>

Ryna
Apr 18, 2006, 07:31 AM
According to the mail I received, they had to use lottery. In the email, you will receive a username and password. You will then go to the site Jonanthan_F linked and download "Downloader_PSU_Beta.exe" (it is about 300 KB). Once you execute the downloader, it will ask you for the username and password from the email. It will then begin downloading the exe (555 MB). That is as far as I have made it.

qoxolg
Apr 18, 2006, 07:57 AM
haha, I also got some stupid stupid mail from segalink about Clay and stuff xD I hope enough people will get trough it so I can see some nice content of the game.

I was asking myself: why is sega not checking what country your from by checking you IP?

Parn
Apr 18, 2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I'm also downloading the 555 MB installation file. Right now, I'm browsing around, trying to find out if there's any NDA. Might not be one until you start the beta client. We'll see.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2006, 08:16 AM
So you two are in then?

By the way, it seems like servers are only going to be up for like 6 hours a day, starting at like 4 AM Eastern Time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-18 06:17 ]</font>

Parn
Apr 18, 2006, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I'm in. First time in my life that I've ever won any kind of prize amidst a crowd. This includes bingo games and everything else.

oShojino
Apr 18, 2006, 09:34 AM
To those who made it in, congratulations.. may I ask when you entered? Id like to see if they are running the lottery on everyone who registered or just picking certain registration dates.

vox3om
Apr 18, 2006, 09:40 AM
this beta being released...although I'm sad that as a US resident I can not participate...has made my excitement level for PSU skyrocket. It's actually happening!

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 09:45 AM
Do you guys know how to take videos from your play? Cuz I'd really like to see TRUE gameplay videos from PSU, not those trailers we've already seen 50 times

Parn
Apr 18, 2006, 09:50 AM
I applied on day one. Heh.

Currently, you can't do anything on the beta since the servers aren't up until Thursday. First option menu is blocked out (I think that's for story mode), second option is network mode, and the last option is to exit the game. Title screen music is very nice... it's pretty lengthy. I'm going to record it in a bit.

Ryna
Apr 18, 2006, 10:00 AM
I think I applied within the first couple of hours.

Like Parn said, you really can't do anything at the moment. However, I did snag a few screencaps of the title screen. Would people be interested in seeing them?

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 10:02 AM
I got an email from sega too....OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG GUYS!!!!

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
I wanna see screens from Title PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
I didn't finish downloading it yet, but you can be sure I will show everyone. I need help on like everything....Japanese impaired I am...

SSNX
On 2006-04-18 08:00, Ryna wrote:
Would people be interested in seeing them?

Yes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, and I got an e-mail about clay. :/

Kyunji
On 2006-04-18 08:00, Ryna wrote:
I think I applied within the first couple of hours.

Like Parn said, you really can't do anything at the moment. However, I did snag a few screencaps of the title screen. Would people be interested in seeing them?

Most defenitely, yes.

I elected not to even try to join the closed beta in this, primarily because of the "Japanese residence" part. Of course, that didn't stop anyone else, but hey. I doubt I'd have time to do much anyways. If this goes into open beta, I'll almost defenitely sign up.

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
What is the process for actually sending in bugs to sega while we play? Cause I want to actually earn my keep on this game. Maybe we could get one of our japanese speakers, readers, a list and they can email sega when we all find bugs...maybe

Ryna
Apr 18, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-04-18 08:05, scott1114 wrote:
I wanna see screens from Title PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Here is the title screen (press Print Screen to take pics - just like BB):
*links removed for now*

On 2006-04-18 08:13, therealAERO wrote:
What is the process for actually sending in bugs to sega while we play? Cause I want to actually earn my keep on this game. Maybe we could get one of our japanese speakers, readers, a list and they can email sega when we all find bugs...maybe

There will be a BBS opening in a few days where people will be able to post bugs (in Japanese of course).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-18 14:39 ]</font>

Parn
Apr 18, 2006, 10:17 AM
It's Christmas in April. Game music lovers rejoice, there's 7+ minutes of orchestrated goodness here. Right click and save (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/music/psutitle.ogg) for the game's title loop. This is in .ogg format by the way, as that's the format I encode all my music into. The music for the game is not in an easily accessible format this time around, as I had to record it the old-fashioned way.

vox3om
Apr 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
Question: People in the US cannot participate in the beta? or they can't participate because we won't understand anything since its JP?

I don't really care if it's JP I just wanted to see some more video about what the game will look like.

qoxolg
Apr 18, 2006, 10:44 AM
For some reason the music reminds me of Skies of Arcadia

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 10:54 AM
Hey Jonathan do you know what time the servers start in California, and what time it ends? I have school today, but I want to know if I should come home early in order to have some time to play today.

Also um are the servers up now or are we all just waiting? Also how long does our beta time last?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: therealAERO on 2006-04-18 08:57 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2006, 11:03 AM
1 am I think. Speaking of which, if you are unable to play during this short stretch of time due to sleep, you should pass it onto someone who will be able to play. (unfortunately it seems like only insomniacs and those living on the east coast will be able to participate this time, I'm not in yet but i'd like to look at those files and see if i can make heads or tails out of what's inside them.)

Also servers don't go up until the 20th. Lasts until may 10th.

Anyway, just gotta love the Warsaw Philaharmonic. We've heard snippets from this piece before, in the worldofcharactersof and E3 2005 video.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-18 09:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-18 09:06 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Apr 18, 2006, 11:07 AM
On 2006-04-18 08:17, Parn wrote:
It's Christmas in April. Game music lovers rejoice, there's 7+ minutes of orchestrated goodness here. Right click and save (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/music/psutitle.ogg) for the game's title loop. This is in .ogg format by the way, as that's the format I encode all my music into. The music for the game is not in an easily accessible format this time around, as I had to record it the old-fashioned way.
Parn, I love you, man! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for recording this song for us. I'm really looking forward to hearing some other songs once the servers are open and network gameplay can start.

Oh, Ryna. I'll translate those title screenshots for you.

Screen 1:

Story Mode
Network Mode
End Game

Screen 2:

Network Mode

Searching for latest patch files.

[BS] To title screen

Screen 3:

Network Mode

You will return to the title menu. Is this OK?
Yes
No

===

If there are any other screen you need translated, you know where to find me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Edit: Decided to remove the links for now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-18 14:42 ]</font>

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 11:21 AM
Um what time does it start in the Pacific? And you are crazy if you think I am going to give this to anyone else. ^_^

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 11:23 AM
I think the game will b realeased in japan not late after E3, since the Beta stops May 10th

Wavey
Apr 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
I am so excited now. That music *love*

oh and first post by the way! hey all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
hope I get in the second batch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
i want in too i got a clay email whats the topic of the email suppose to look like so we can look forward to it

Eihwaz
Apr 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
Ah, the title screen music is lovely and epic. It seems to be a slower, calmer version of the orchastrated version from earlier trailers.

Once someone gets into the game, can they please tell me if that crappy "Save This World" song plays during an opening FMV or something?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-04-18 09:53 ]</font>

Fryetholly
Apr 18, 2006, 11:48 AM
I got the Clay mail too. What does it mean ? Is this just a regular newsletter, or do we receive it instead of being accepted ?

Still, I'm d*** nervous to get in the game ! I hope I'll be accepted !
Servers will be open from 5pm to 11pm, japan hour, is that right ? I'm french, so it'll be from 10am to 4pm ! I'm on holidays, so it'd be the per-fect hours !!

*prays*

coomdoom
Apr 18, 2006, 11:50 AM
come on, if the title music is this good they would have made an effort with the opening FMV at least.

Eihwaz
Apr 18, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the title screen music has calmed some of my fears that PSU would have a crappy soundtrack.

Still, I don't want my hopes crushed if "Save This World" shows up. >_>;

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2006, 11:54 AM
The pacific time frame is 1 AM to 7 AM.

Fryetholly
Apr 18, 2006, 11:57 AM
Wow, it's going to be hard for you to play guys. Only hardcore gamers are to play I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fryetholly on 2006-04-18 09:58 ]</font>

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 11:58 AM
SWEET!!!! That is the time I stay up every night...whooo!!! I'm wearing my PSU T shirt right now and I am so happy I could cry. I can't wait till it starts up!!

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 11:58 AM
what about eastern time when will servers be up and close ?

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 12:00 PM
i hate this clay mail i was so excited and then when i checked it i cried and cried on my desk hitting it with my hand saying NO ! NO ! NO ! NO ! until i read this forum when it was only 2k people then that cheered me up a little bit i hope i get it i can play it the whole time the server is up yay !

coomdoom
Apr 18, 2006, 12:08 PM
what would the time frame for GMT? i don't know how many hours ahead Japan is of the UK.

Fryetholly
Apr 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
For the UK... One hour less than France, right ? So it'll be from 9am to 3pm.

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
and est time ?

coomdoom
Apr 18, 2006, 12:45 PM
i will only be able to play psu on the weekends because of school

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 12:48 PM
lol i do home shcooling so im totally fine with my time ^_^

voxie
Apr 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
OMG I'm sooooo jealous of all those that got it! Waaah, I'm in the UK... ;_;

Do keep us informed you guys, some of have PSU news on the drip ya know... haha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 12:56 PM
i know i wish i got in too but good luck to all i say ^_^

Fryetholly
Apr 18, 2006, 12:59 PM
You're just gonna play on weekends ? So you're just gonna play 3 week ends ? Enjoy it, it's going to be short http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

By the way, does someone know when the second "wave" of mails will be sent ? Or maybe they have already been sent...

DarK-SuN
Apr 18, 2006, 01:32 PM
That gaming period is well within the time I'm still up (or waking up, depending on the work schedule I have for the day), I hope I'm selected in the next batches.

PhotonCat
Apr 18, 2006, 02:02 PM
Congrats to those who did get into beta!

And about the NDA and being in Japan....
Sega isn't gonna ban you because your not from Japan. They wouldn't even know and I doubt they care. They don't come to PSO-World. Not to mention they can't tell who you are from screen shots/forum names.

Also I doubt they would even know you posted pics and stuff from the game. This is an AMERICAN site. They aren't gonna keep tabs on it.
The WORSE that can happen is that you get banned from the beta only. You cannot get arrested or anything silly like that.

For those of you with beta, when the servers are up--- only thing I am concerned about is the "naming policy" thing. I want to know if it is "1st come, 1st serve" with names (like in MMORPGS) or can anyone have the same name (like in PSO).

oShojino
Apr 18, 2006, 02:11 PM
I applied on the first day as well, I'm hoping I get picke in the next round of batches. I'm up during all hours of play during everyday.. so if I do get picked I can bring you to the minute coverage (Hell Ill even get fraps).

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 02:12 PM
Why would they even get arrested because they are not from Japan?
It's like, Sonic Team will come to your house and destroy everything? I doubt they care, as long as you can find bugs

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 02:14 PM
hey what program do u need to run an .ogg file? coz my comp wont let me

Alisha
Apr 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
On 2006-04-18 12:14, scott1114 wrote:
hey what program do u need to run an .ogg file? coz my comp wont let me

DavidNel
Apr 18, 2006, 02:22 PM
Should we start a new thread that just gives screenshots and the like?

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 02:25 PM
k I got it it's winamp

Alisha
Apr 18, 2006, 02:28 PM
nevermind i did a google file search and quickly found a program to play the file

Wavey
Apr 18, 2006, 02:31 PM
maybe they will let more people in when the game is live. Like most stress tests.. they add more every few days after it goes live. I don't mind if I get in or not. Please someone just rip the music, post screens.. and maybe for the last few days of beta share your id's? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

qoxolg
Apr 18, 2006, 02:36 PM
Not to mention they can't tell who you are from screen shots/forum names.

They can see your IP-adress, why do you think google is always in your native langauge? and why lots of other sites are in your own langauge? Sonic Team could easely ban everyone thats not in japan, but I don't think they'll bother

Para
Apr 18, 2006, 02:48 PM
Anyone got a screenshot of how the acceptance email looks like?

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
They won't bother cuz they think the ppl who join in speak japanese, so they can report bugs

scott1114
Apr 18, 2006, 03:18 PM
For the ones who get into the beta: Plz guys send us screenshots, or videos if u can, i've been waiting this game for too long now and when they make a beta it's only for PC...... been waiting 2 years..... Well minimum of 5 more months to wait, think i'll survive

Tycho
Apr 18, 2006, 03:30 PM
♡ *happy*

Wavey
Apr 18, 2006, 03:44 PM
scott know what ya mean! but whats with all the double posting! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mewn
Apr 18, 2006, 03:47 PM
No mail for me yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

But I hold out hope, after all only 1/5 of the invites have gone out. Good to see some people here have got in, that means we will have a good stream of pictures, information and hopefully videos too coming out of this beta.

Even if I don't get into the beta, I've gotta get my RAmarl to 200 anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Apr 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-04-18 13:18, scott1114 wrote:
For the ones who get into the beta: Plz guys send us screenshots, or videos if u can, i've been waiting this game for too long now and when they make a beta it's only for PC...... been waiting 2 years..... Well minimum of 5 more months to wait, think i'll survive

They really can't. There's a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreenment) that they have to sign to participate. That means if they show off a lot of screenshots or videos of the game, they can get into real serious legal trouble with Sega.

Someone posted some screenshots of the title screen and opening menus, that'll have to be good enough.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
someone asked about EST, 4AM to 10 AM.

Honestly, please if you don't have the ability to stay up that whole time from 1 AM to 7 AM PST, agree to share your account with someone on the east coast so time doesn't go to waste.

maoZedong
Apr 18, 2006, 04:43 PM
yeah if you break sega's code, your house and PC will face severe kamikaze attacks

j/k...whoa, I can't wait...who cares about laws, we want pics and vids ASAP!

Eihwaz
Apr 18, 2006, 04:50 PM
Who cares about laws? What an idiot. -_-

Unlike you, apparently, I can wait to see images and videos from PSU. I'd rather have to wait to see the images, than to risk PSOW getting sued or even shut down by Sega.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2006, 04:57 PM
Last I checked, forums can't get shut down by the actions of one of its users.

maoZedong
Apr 18, 2006, 05:03 PM
haha, yeah lighten up, nothing will happen...

Ryna
Apr 18, 2006, 05:10 PM
On 2006-04-18 14:57, Jonathan_F wrote:
Last I checked, forums can't get shut down by the actions of one of its users.

In severe cases, companies have been known to shutdown an entire forum.

We'll try making some inquiries to see if there would be any problem in posting a reasonable number of screenshots and translations.

PhotonCat
Apr 18, 2006, 05:10 PM
Who cares about laws? What an idiot. -_-

Unlike you, apparently, I can wait to see images and videos from PSU. I'd rather have to wait to see the images, than to risk PSOW getting sued or even shut down by Sega.

That can't happen.

"User Agreements" for games aren't "legal contracts" with laws.
If you break the "User Agreements" or "Terms of Service"(ToS) the only thing game companies can do is ban your account. They cannot take legal action against you.

Tomeeboy
Apr 18, 2006, 05:14 PM
Let's not spiral this topic into legal speculation debates. We're going to find out the facts and handle things accordingly, no need to worry about anything... yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryna
Apr 18, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-04-18 15:10, PhotonCat wrote:
That can't happen.

"User Agreements" for games aren't "legal contracts" with laws.
If you break the "User Agreements" or "Terms of Service"(ToS) the only thing game companies can do is ban your account. They cannot take legal action against you.

This opinion has yet to be fully tested in court. I've read several essays on whether User Agreements should be viewed as legally-binding contracts. The consensus seems to be "yes". At best, this is a legally-gray area right now.

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 05:20 PM
i hate it when people worrie this much turn that frown upside down !!!!! now !!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarK-SuN
Apr 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
Let's all relax and take several deep breaths.
There's still another 8000 Beta accounts waiting to be sent, some of us who weren't selected yet may strike lucky and be one of the remaining 8000 Beta players.
I know I'm eagerly praying I'm one of them. ^_^;;

PhotonCat
Apr 18, 2006, 05:28 PM
Let's not spiral this topic into legal speculation debates. We're going to find out the facts and handle things accordingly, no need to worry about anything... yet

Wasn't trying to start up a big debate, just trying to clear some things up.

It's your guys site and you can post on it what you want and don't want, so if you guys don't want to post any PSU beta stuff that is fine.

I am just saying because most all companies will not take any action against "rule breakers" because it's more than a hassle for them. They will just close accounts.

And as far as I know and heard, games' "UA"s and "ToS" don't hold in court. Only big thing you can get sued and/or jailed for is if you where distributing illegal copies of the game and/or CD-keys.

Tomeeboy
Apr 18, 2006, 05:45 PM
Heh, nobody ever said anything about us not wanting to post beta content http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif We'll hopefully be getting tons of a new content and information from this beta.

vitius137
Apr 18, 2006, 05:55 PM
I applied 1st day, really hope i get in. grats to everyone who got in so far. send me media to fulfill my PSU cravings T_T

ulyoth
Apr 18, 2006, 06:01 PM
I really hope i get in, even though ill probably end up giving it away because my PC is not good enough yet...

vitius137
Apr 18, 2006, 06:07 PM
OMG I'M SOO JEALOUS T_T
OK, only 2000 people selected out of 10000. thats 1/5. still a chance I'll be accepted....

ulyoth
Apr 18, 2006, 06:09 PM
Oh and Thankyou Parn for the Title Music, i was a little underwhelmed but im warming to it.

DizzyDi
Apr 18, 2006, 06:36 PM
I'm a lil regretfull that I didn't take the time to apply for the beta but I really didn't feel like downloading a japanese font and what not. I didn't actually think they'd let non-japanese residents in anyway. But anyways I can't wait to see screenshots and videos and some real info on the game.

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 06:46 PM
i hope those 8,000 accts left go to just PSOW people that would be somthing special now wouldnt it eh ?
hehe

vitius137
Apr 18, 2006, 07:13 PM
maybe i would have a better chance of getting into beta if i DIDNT use random katakana characters for my name.....

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 07:26 PM
lol i did the same thing and i regret it now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 07:27 PM
my name in katakana was Mi(tsu)-ka-ru A-ku-ma-n. I'm pretty sure that was it.

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 07:29 PM
dont rub it in..... bastard......

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry!!! Please forgive me!! Don't give up hope!! If you cry you'll make me cry cause I am very empathetic like that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 07:41 PM
i was kidding silly......

beatrixkiddo
Apr 18, 2006, 08:06 PM
=/ All I have is the stupid CLAY thingy, and the reply email I got when I applied for the beta.

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 08:14 PM
same here the clay message is a way of saying u didnt get in
[SegaTeam] lol they actually beleive this crap [Clay] lol were genious !

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2006, 08:17 PM
now now, priority must be given to those who can make videos.

so gimme gimme gimme.

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 08:23 PM
lol i fi got in id make videos for u guys if i knew how

Ryna
Apr 18, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-04-18 18:17, Jonathan_F wrote:
now now, priority must be given to those who can make videos.

so gimme gimme gimme.

Have some patience. There will be a few more rounds of acceptance letters sent out.

butzopower
Apr 18, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-04-18 16:46, Ludian wrote:
i hope those 8,000 accts left go to just PSOW people that would be somthing special now wouldnt it eh ?
hehe

How many people in the PSOW community could actually post bugs. Maybe 10?

I made my name Ryo Hazuki.

Nisshoku
Apr 18, 2006, 09:00 PM
Well, I applied just to see if I vould even get in... I must admit, it's almost like christmas, as we get to try out a game we've all been waiting for since like what, 2003? I'm almost quite giddy to re-create Nisshoku again, this time continuing him in PSU...

Well, here's hoping myself and others here make it to the beta trial!

Dertia
Apr 18, 2006, 09:26 PM
KJgyug.
Tired, need sleep. Have class tomorrow...Must wait for mail....

DarK-SuN
Apr 18, 2006, 09:29 PM
Dertia, I can sympathyse with your predicament... XD

Amen to that, Nish!

I think it's quite fitting to say "may the Photon be with us for the next beta player batch", considering what Photon is in the PSU mythos. ^_^

butzopower
Apr 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
So can it be assumed that Sonic Team will continue to release accounts in 2000 intervals as not to cause too much strain to their download server. Or could these first 2000 be a test for the download server before they unleash it onto the rest of the testers?

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 18, 2006, 09:45 PM
if only they had an english beta that would have been awesome!

vitius137
Apr 18, 2006, 09:49 PM
Email of salvation!!!!!! save me!!!!! I wont give up.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ludian
Apr 18, 2006, 10:25 PM
if you dont hope for it all day everyday it will pop up unexpectedly so i try not to keep this mail in my thoughts as much and i might happen to check my mail one day and see it then i can only cry with joy ^_^

Iecur
Apr 18, 2006, 11:15 PM
Ahh I'm scared...some of you seem ready to start throwing chairs and whatnot at each other!! Hmm...I signed up as well and got the Clay email....Now with family visiting even if I get in I won't be able to play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So, I suppose if I win I shall have no choice but to give it away....If I do though it shall be in secret I'd be too scared to receive a bomb in the mail from one of you being angry that you didn't get it to you lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iecur on 2006-04-18 21:16 ]</font>

vitius137
Apr 18, 2006, 11:52 PM
i havent gotten an email at all. no clay thing or beta news...... i got so upset when i found out im not picked so far that i smashed my fist on the desk and it went numb for a few minutes.... it felt weird....
anyway im not sure if no clay mail means i still have a chance, it may just mean they forgot me altogether... it happened to me before T_T

EDIT: I got dibbs on Iecur's account if he gets accepted ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-18 21:53 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 19, 2006, 12:02 AM
vitius, you might want to check you put your email in right.

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 12:06 AM
i checked.... it's the right one.

OMG im so exited about the next batch of announcements. I cleaned out 40GBs of stuff for this game. dont let my awesome 3.2GHz go to waste >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-18 22:14 ]</font>

Lux
Apr 19, 2006, 12:20 AM
Are the graphics even that overwhelming? They don't look so to me. I mean they look decent but I'm not fearing that my computer is too slow in any way (radeon 9800pro 128mb, athlon 1.73ghz, 512mb ram - should work great though).

butzopower
Apr 19, 2006, 12:24 AM
OMG ITZ A CARD GAME NO WAY I WANNA PLAY THAT BETA, LAME OMG.

Man, I'm realizing PSU being on the PS2 and PC is really gonna take away from it.

ANIMEniac
Apr 19, 2006, 12:27 AM
ok well sorry for net reading the whole post but i got something as well... but it was just about clay and some masked wrestling thing. is that the "here u go" mail or do u get that one if u dont make it?

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 12:50 AM
On 2006-04-18 22:24, butzopower wrote:
OMG ITZ A CARD GAME NO WAY I WANNA PLAY THAT BETA, LAME OMG.

Man, I'm realizing PSU being on the PS2 and PC is really gonna take away from it.

no idea what you just said... are you thinking of PSO III?

GaijinPUnch
Apr 19, 2006, 01:38 AM
Does the email come from [email protected] ?
So wrong... I signed up on hour one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

voxie
Apr 19, 2006, 03:15 AM
Thanks Parn, for the OGG file. It just brings that much closer (and it's beautiful) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

For the lucky ones, please report back when news get! *salutes!"

Wavey
Apr 19, 2006, 07:16 AM
is their any chance of ripping the game music some more once you have downloaded the game? of is it not available?

Ryna
Apr 19, 2006, 07:55 AM
On 2006-04-18 23:38, GaijinPUnch wrote:
Does the email come from [email protected] ?
So wrong... I signed up on hour one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

My email came from a sega-pc.jp address.

Parn
Apr 19, 2006, 08:02 AM
On 2006-04-19 05:16, Wavey wrote:
is their any chance of ripping the game music some more once you have downloaded the game? of is it not available?
The music is hidden amidst a bunch of data files and there is no obvious file for it like the .ogg files in PSO Blue Burst. Since we don't know what audio codec they're using for PSU, and that I don't see any real reason to start pouring through the files, the most I can do at the moment is record music on the fly. I can record the menu system music if you'd like to hear it, but it's fairly generic menu music, much like PSO's was.

EspioKaos
Apr 19, 2006, 08:26 AM
On 2006-04-19 06:02, Parn wrote:
I can record the menu system music if you'd like to hear it, but it's fairly generic menu music, much like PSO's was.
I'd love to hear it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 08:30 AM
i would like to hear it too i mean anything you got even if its the little sound you here when you scroll down a menu bring it out! im serious.

DarK-SuN
Apr 19, 2006, 08:48 AM
I'd love to hear it as well, Parn.
Like Ziro said, I think most of us are up for listening to anything PSU related, even the slightest of ingame and menu "bleeps". XD

Ryna
Apr 19, 2006, 08:55 AM
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but don't become overzealous on posting recordings of the game's soundtrack. A few songs and brief samples are fine. Just don't post the entire soundtrack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Parn
Apr 19, 2006, 09:37 AM
As requested, here is the menu music (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/music/psumenu.ogg).

DarK-SuN
Apr 19, 2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks a bunch, Parn.
Sounds like something out of PSO Episode 2's Seabed and PSO Episode 3's many menus, nice.

Right, the entire soundtrack would be bad for several reasons. ^_^;;
Blast you, eagerness...

Wavey
Apr 19, 2006, 09:47 AM
yeh it really reminded me off Seabed... really at the beginning lol.
Its v nice but sounds a bit out of place for a menu screen? i dunno http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 09:50 AM
yeah this is some great music! its very suitable and expected for a phantasy star game. thanks a lot parn! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EspioKaos
Apr 19, 2006, 09:53 AM
On 2006-04-19 07:37, Parn wrote:
As requested, here is the menu music (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/music/psumenu.ogg).
Sweet. Thanks, Parn! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

chichiri99
Apr 19, 2006, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know at what time yesterday the e-mails were recieved ao we know roughly when to expect them in the following days?

Saiffy
Apr 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
On 2006-04-19 07:37, Parn wrote:

It has that PSO theme to it. While still being different. Though maybe not that great of a track, it is just the menu. ST has always been good with their music, so this just gets me excited.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 19, 2006, 10:15 AM
if someone would be willing to send me their setup.exe, i could try pouring through the raw files to see if i can find anything.
Send me a PM if you're willing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-19 08:15 ]</font>

InitialCat
Apr 19, 2006, 10:28 AM
; ; What player do you need for the .ogg format??

EGO-BOT
Apr 19, 2006, 10:36 AM
Winamp plays .ogg files.http://www.winamp.com/

And thanks to Parn for the music. I honesty can't wait to play this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EGO-BOT on 2006-04-19 08:38 ]</font>

InitialCat
Apr 19, 2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks EGO-BOT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I had no idea I didn't have winamp on this computer >.> Congrats to all who got in, I know everyone here will be anxious to here all the info you can spare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nai_Calus
Apr 19, 2006, 11:00 AM
Just make sure you get the full version, since unless something has changed since last time I tried, the 'lite' version of winamp... Doesn't play .ogg. -_-;;; Rather annoying since a good 80% of my music files I listen to on a regular basis are .ogg. >_>;;;

The menu music is OK, nothing spectacular. The title screen music... Uh, yeah. The heck? O_o; I hope this isn't the actual title music they're going to use... It's not really particularily inspiring, even taken as classical music and not video game music, and who the heck sits at a title screen for seven minutes?(OK, OK, so I've left PSO's sound test on for an hour or so listening to Alonging to ancient times part1, but that's different, since the entire point of a sound test is to sit around listening to the game music without having to change the track on a CD/winamp or playing to a particular point)

Meh, it's better than PSO's, but still an odd choice. And certainly not up there with the list of Games That Have Awesome Title Screen Music like say, Megaman 2 or Phantasy Star IV...

*cheers people on for getting into the beta* I'd have entered, but this computer doesn't even have a real graphics card, and the closest thing to broadband out here is fragging expensive wireless that's not even as good as DSL for speed. XD

Rubesahl
Apr 19, 2006, 11:06 AM
-jumps with excitement- This is just like the GC episode 1 & 2 days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I remembered I eagerly imported a modded gamecube, bb adapter and PSO and I loved the experience of playing the import version.

I really do hope more ppl from here in the forum get picked, as long as people here share some bit of media and information I won't suffer too much for not getting picked. 8,000 to go huh? I wonder how much time the last batch will have to play. Fortunately I have two friends that live nearby that also applied so if I don't get picked but they do, I'll go over to their house XD don't give up everyone! and if you're an importer like me, the release date should be just around the corner, with a nice vacation to be able to enjoy it to the max!

Thanks a lot parn for the sound rips http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm glad you got picked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-04-19 09:07 ]</font>

qoxolg
Apr 19, 2006, 11:56 AM
I think the music is compressed in a format that the PS2 is able to use, you might try to search for what codecs the PS2 uses for compressed music.

physic
Apr 19, 2006, 12:37 PM
i think maybe the first 2000 is all we will see for awhile, perhaps this whole part of the beta will only have 2000 people. Maybe they want to do this beta and then will do a less restricted one later with more people

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 01:12 PM
hopefully they come out with the engish beta not too far after e3.

scott1114
Apr 19, 2006, 01:17 PM
I would prefer a release than a beta. I don't care bout beta since my comp sux, but I want it to come for PS2 as soon as possible

Kyunji
Apr 19, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-04-19 11:17, scott1114 wrote:
I would prefer a release than a beta. I don't care bout beta since my comp sux, but I want it to come for PS2 as soon as possible

There's no problem with that... if you don't mind a game with dialog like, "You foolish ray of bright sunshine! My brade of smacking wirl be smacking you now!!"

Seriously, though, without a beta, all sorts of nasty things can slip through, be it horrendous graphical glitches or major cheats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-04-19 12:27 ]</font>

coomdoom
Apr 19, 2006, 02:43 PM
does anyone know roughfly when the next batch is getting sent out?

Eihwaz
Apr 19, 2006, 03:19 PM
Ah, man, this menu music definetly has that kind of PSO feel to it, like Saiffy said. :D

voxie
Apr 19, 2006, 04:07 PM
The servers are on tomorrow everyone, be afraid! Be very afraid!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(Afraid of dying from an excitement and envy implosion!!) Can't wait to hear what it plays like! :3

(I had a dodgy source say the controls were bad...!)

Wavey
Apr 19, 2006, 04:36 PM
who from Voxie??

and what time will they be up gmt time tommorow? tommorow at 9am? screens... ooo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lord_DS
Apr 19, 2006, 04:54 PM
The menu music reminds me a lot Easter from the CD1 of Phantasy Star Online Songs of Ragol. Its the same type of sounds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-04-19 15:04 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Apr 19, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-04-19 13:19, Eihwaz wrote:
Ah, man, this menu music definetly has that kind of PSO feel to it, like Saiffy said. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I know, gets me sentimental. Yesterday I played my XB version of ep 1 & 2 and I got emotional when playing Spaceship ><; That's my favorite stage dammit and I love the music -plays the bgm again...-

I do wonder though... english translation in the jpn version is still kinda of a mystery. I remember the gamecube beta was japanese only but the release had a language setting. The exceptions to these rules have been all releases after Episode 3, followed by Blue Burst... I still hope for language switching but it won't stop me from importing. Plus I know some Japanese to be able to know what's basically going on ^_^

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 05:58 PM
i still dont have any email from sega/sega link.... did the email get mesteriously deleted? T_T i feel sad and excited

kyori
Apr 19, 2006, 06:01 PM
Well I got in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But what's the word on this NDA in detail?

Wavey
Apr 19, 2006, 06:09 PM
grats Kyori! was the email delivered to you just now?

kyori
Apr 19, 2006, 06:53 PM
No, I got it yesterday. Tho it sure caught me out of nowhere as I didn't even check my email that day until I read the PSOW update.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 08:49 PM
april 20th will be an exciting day for sure! it feels like its goin to be a holiday. psu beta opening day! lol

Rubesahl
Apr 19, 2006, 08:52 PM
Yes it seems so, even if I'm not in the beta, I'll be hovering the forum in college once I finish my music exam at 11 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif exciting indeed~

kyori
Apr 19, 2006, 08:57 PM
Ziro: In theory, it is april 20th in Japan. So tonight, the PSU-ing begins.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 09:16 PM
yup kyori youre right and i bet everyone in japan is havin a blast right now!

kyori
Apr 19, 2006, 09:18 PM
Not yet.. still about 6 hours left. Starts @ 1AM PDT, currently 7:19 PM PDT

Getintothegame
Apr 19, 2006, 09:27 PM
Hey, just because I'm a SEGA Music lover, I'm almost 100% sure that Hideaki Kobayashi & Fumie Kumatani wrote the music for PSU.

I should do some research. It sure sounds like they composed the menu music.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 09:29 PM
yeah but there is probly goin to be kind of pre-party or count down i mean japanese gamers take these kind of things seriously.

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 09:31 PM
lemme get this straight... servers for closed beta are going up soon and only 2,000 people have been accepted so far?
then again this kinda makes sense. if they sent out all the mails before the servers launched it would be hell at first. imagine almost 10,000 people trying to log on as soon as the server goes up. i bet they're going to release the emails everyday after the server launches in waves of 2,000.

so im guessing the next wave will be late tomorrow or early the day after and they will keep coming every 24 hours till all 10,000 people are informed.

therealAERO
Apr 19, 2006, 09:50 PM
so close.... Damn you 1 am!!! Damn you and your being...5 hours away

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: therealAERO on 2006-04-19 19:51 ]</font>

zandra117
Apr 19, 2006, 10:09 PM
i hope there is a live video stream somewhere

EspioKaos
Apr 19, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-04-19 19:27, Getintothegame wrote:
Hey, just because I'm a SEGA Music lover, I'm almost 100% sure that Hideaki Kobayashi & Fumie Kumatani wrote the music for PSU.

I should do some research. It sure sounds like they composed the menu music.
We can at least confirm Kobayashi's involvement as a composer. When SonicTeam had that live stream from their offices back in December, there was a point where Sakai (I think) gave us samples of a number of songs. Before that, he wrote on his little Magna-Doodle-like thing that Kobayashi composed the music that he played. (The menu theme was among one of the songs he sampled.) I guess we can assume he meant Hideaki Kobayashi since he was the lead composer for the previous PSO titles, and Sakai more than likley figured fans would know who he meant by just giving his last name. I really do hope that Fumie Kumatani was involved with the soundtrack, too. She's done some really amazing work with the previous games' soundtracks.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 20, 2006, 01:20 AM
There are 19 music tracks

Inazuma
Apr 20, 2006, 01:35 AM
yea the music is very similar to pso's. but since there isnt much, i get the feeling the beta is just the city and 1 area w/ boss.

*edit* i got 20 music tracks here -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2006-04-19 23:35 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 20, 2006, 01:38 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/18464391/parumgrasslands.mp3.html

This one went wild into the public at Digital Life and has popped up on various recordings.

Wavey
Apr 20, 2006, 05:48 AM
wow Johnathan_F nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lord_DS
Apr 20, 2006, 07:39 AM
Omg ty for the song really nice. So it is the raphon plains music?

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 20, 2006, 07:48 AM
Ya. It very much is the song.

DarK-SuN
Apr 20, 2006, 09:10 AM
Very nice song.
The pain to see if I got in the remaining 8000 is becoming overwhelming...

Nisshoku
Apr 20, 2006, 09:12 AM
You'd think they'd do this -before- the Closed beta begins. >_>

Wavey
Apr 20, 2006, 09:32 AM
whats that Niss? the other 8000? well they will want to graudual fill the servers

and does anyone think that music reminds them of old-school rpg's?

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 20, 2006, 09:33 AM
this sounds more like a boss fight (especially at the beginning) but its still nice!

coomdoom
Apr 20, 2006, 10:04 AM
has the other 8000 emails been sent out yet?

Nisshoku
Apr 20, 2006, 10:05 AM
Not to my knowledge. Even then, I'm still waiting eagerly. >_>

DarK-SuN
Apr 20, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-04-20 07:32, Wavey wrote:
whats that Niss? the other 8000? well they will want to graudual fill the servers
Hopefully sooner than later... the others might only be announced next week though. >_<

and does anyone think that music reminds them of old-school rpg's?
Old-school RPG music is always good. ^_^

Kupi
Apr 20, 2006, 10:34 AM
The Parum Grasslands theme reaffirms one of the myriad reasons I love PSO/PSU as an online RPG far more than any other: the music is active and engaging. It's fun to listen to, upbeat, intrusive even. It's part of the experience. While I like Guild Wars for its design philosophy, the music is completely forgettable. I couldn't hum you a single tune from the game except the title theme; everything else is so muted that you can barely acknowledge its existence. Hooray for PSU's music!

voxie
Apr 20, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-04-19 14:36, Wavey wrote:
who from Voxie??

and what time will they be up gmt time tommorow? tommorow at 9am? screens... ooo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Someone in the Ep1&2 lobbies, really. lol but I think he was bluffing... Don't care what he has to say 'til I've played it myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Adin-
Apr 21, 2006, 12:31 AM
I think a second batch came out. I just got another email from my 2nd entry I now have two log in i'ds

Velocity_7
Apr 21, 2006, 12:35 AM
Serious? Would be nice if I could have an account... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Adin-
Apr 21, 2006, 12:36 AM
Yes ima wait and see if my buddy has his yet and if so ill see how ill give my 2nd account away.

Velocity_7
Apr 21, 2006, 12:50 AM
Do you have AIM or MSN? (PM it if you wish to avoid posting it publicly)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-04-20 22:50 ]</font>

Somah
Apr 21, 2006, 01:02 AM
I know it's pretty much useless to ask, but if anyones willing to share an account please IM me... my PC > 360 and I have the full version of fraps (if you want me to take screens/vids). I also don't have school and a crapload of bawlz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

sn: somah kruz

well, at least I tried http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
edit- if I manage to get an email I will share on days too, to be fair

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Somah on 2006-04-20 23:04 ]</font>

ulyoth
Apr 21, 2006, 05:23 AM
On 2006-04-20 22:31, -Adin- wrote:
I think a second batch came out. I just got another email from my 2nd entry I now have two log in i'ds

You...got...two....*dies*

Wavey
Apr 21, 2006, 06:05 AM
wish I had signed up with loads of emails now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif so not fair lol

DarK-SuN
Apr 21, 2006, 06:13 AM
Lucky you, with two login accounts. o_o
*hopes he's in the remaining 6000*

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 21, 2006, 08:26 AM
thats not very fair you know, but to be honest i would have done it too, you are so lucky.

Jools
Apr 21, 2006, 08:54 AM
No luck for me yet, hopefully in a later batch....

I live in Japan so if anybody wants to share an account with me I'd be happy to pick up the Sega Direct version of the game for them with all the Japan exclusive goodies in return.

-Jools

voxie
Apr 21, 2006, 08:59 AM
I didn't apply at all, as it stated you had to be resident in Japan. But some gaijin have got it so... Oh well :/

Dertia
Apr 21, 2006, 09:19 AM
Total crap. I forgot to even try to sign up multiple accounts. Then again, I just barely made one account before the registration period ended.

Zeota
Apr 21, 2006, 09:21 AM
Though not exactly a new tactic, I think it's genius.

When people want something bad enough (especially something of ths nature), the whole concept of ethics goes completely out the window.

Wavey
Apr 21, 2006, 11:33 AM
lets hope the ones who got it this way are TESTING the game as well... and not just playing it for free

shinobu_seta
Apr 21, 2006, 12:38 PM
I hardly ever pay attention to the front page, so of course I missed the opportunity to even sign up. So those who knew about it and knew how are lucky anyway ^_^

I'd mainly like to just try someone's log in so I could be able to download the game and try to find the music. Also to play for just a bit to see if my computer's gonna be all right running it.

If it can't, then I want to have this time to be able to prepare for upgrades and such ^_^

vitius137
Apr 21, 2006, 10:30 PM
not fair at all. i bet everyone who applied would get in if everyone didnt sign up with more than one account. think about it. if everyone only used one account then theres a good chance the 10,000 wouldnt be reached and everyone would have an account. but because of people who use multiple accounts, lots of people are left out and some people get spares to give away to people who may have not even applied...

-Adin-
Apr 21, 2006, 10:57 PM
Well yes I do have two accounts but I can't use any of them. So im just were you are now, not on PSU. I get stuck at the part where it asks you to enter the ID and Pass that Sega sent me. I hit enter, see the cursor blinking but thats it ......nothing gets typed into the field. Ive tried to get on the past two nights, installing the language for Japanese but that didn't work I tried the different input styles the Japanese have. But nothing worked. Im still not on the beta playing. Untill I find out a way to get the text enterd into the field.

vitius137
Apr 21, 2006, 11:04 PM
could you PM me the name and password so i can try? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
anyway if you havent tried yet, sometimes the thing only works if you click the ok button instead of pressing enter. try pressing the one you think is ok with the mouse, that might work (but im pretty sure you have already tried that)

if not, i would be more than happy to try it out and tell you what i did to get it working (and i would give the account back if you got yours working) i just wanna at lease tell my friends "guys, i got on the PSU beta, im seriously"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-21 21:05 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Apr 21, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-04-21 06:54, Jools wrote:
No luck for me yet, hopefully in a later batch....

I live in Japan so if anybody wants to share an account with me I'd be happy to pick up the Sega Direct version of the game for them with all the Japan exclusive goodies in return.

-Jools

I'll be sure to message you if I do *__*

Sappharad
Apr 22, 2006, 12:23 AM
On 2006-04-21 20:57, -Adin- wrote:
I get stuck at the part where it asks you to enter the ID and Pass that Sega sent me. I hit enter, see the cursor blinking but thats it ......nothing gets typed into the field.
They've had that problem since the Japanese open beta of Blue Burst. It really bugged the heck out of me.

How to fix for BB, I would hope that it works for PSU as well:
1. Make sure Japanese language pack is installed. (Not related to the problem, but good to have anyway, I'm guessing you do)
2. In the Regional and Language Options, goto the Languages tab, click Details under Text services and input languages. Add Japanese as an input language.
3.Start the game in windowed mode. Get to the username input box, and press the left Alt and shift keys at the same time. (You can change this keyboard shortcut, but you probably wont have done that) Some Japanese text may appear to the left of the input userID box (Probably PSOBB only) and you'll be able to type in your username and password. (Remember, this ONLY works in Windowed mode) If you have save username and password turned on in PSO's options, you'll never have to do this again.

Once in-game, you should be fine, I'd guess. In BB's case, it was not switching the login box to Japanese input, so you needed to run in Windowed mode to tell it to. After getting in-game, it actually would switch to Japanese mode on it's own, so you wouldn't need to do that to actually type.

I hope this helps you fix your problem. Obviously I can't try it myself as I'm still waiting for an e-mail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sappharad on 2006-04-21 22:29 ]</font>

-Adin-
Apr 22, 2006, 02:18 AM
thanks ill give that a try tonight

NiuBalkrye
Apr 22, 2006, 04:02 AM
Hiya guys. Adin asked I also post this here, so I will. I found out the possible problem behind logging in. Long way to fix it here: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110996&forum=20&5

Short way, if your familar with IME. you have to have your Compatibility Configuration "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs" active...or else you can't type into the login screen.

Niu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-04-22 02:03 ]</font>

-Adin-
Apr 22, 2006, 05:06 AM
Thanks that worked NiuBalkrye.