PDA

View Full Version : PSO-World Wants You! - Part 2

Ryna
Apr 18, 2006, 12:20 PM
With the release of the PSU JP Closed Beta, PSO-World is going to need a lot of help compiling information (if we are allowed to). Here are the key areas that have been identified as needing the most help:

1. Translations - At the beginning, PSO-World hopes to start providing translations for the basic menus and gameplay elements. This will definitely make life easier for everyone involved.

2. Guides - We'll need guides for the following:
-How to raise a Partner Machinery
-Race/Gender Stats
-Individual Quest/Side-Quests
-Almost anything else associated with the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-21 18:42 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Apr 18, 2006, 12:22 PM
Heh, you know I'm more than willing to help with translations. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Parn
Apr 19, 2006, 01:29 PM
I'll contribute what I can.

Ryna
Apr 19, 2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Faltz
Apr 20, 2006, 07:23 PM
I think if In a little while, I can contribute to the beginning stage stat differences of each race/gender. I mean, I love trying classes out, so it'll be fun!

Tigereye
Apr 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
Should I decide to ditch WoW for PSU, I'll consider it. However, for the time being, my mind is in disarray regarding my decision as I continue to gather more info on PSU. Main thing for me is the char customization for each of the races, as well as how all the abilties work. That said, there's quite a bit of info here already but I'd like to see the whole picture before I make my final decision.

Mitz
Apr 24, 2006, 03:31 PM
At the times that I can be online, I will gain info.

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 07:01 AM
Im in japan surrounded my japanese people. so when the japanese version comes out, ill do what i can.

Tystys
May 7, 2006, 10:11 PM
Whatchu doing in Japan, linkzone?
Oh, and I'm banking on getting the game on the day it comes out. I can help with creating guides.

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 04:12 PM
i preordered it so i can get it when it's in the US so i could tell you what is diffferent from the two version

The-King
Jul 9, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-04-19 11:29, Parn wrote:
I'll contribute what I can.

Second

Yeah I know what you're thinking "Who's this joker" But I think I can help, just buzz me, I get on everyday so I'll see the PM And there we have it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The-King on 2006-07-09 21:15 ]</font>

Kasuke
Jul 18, 2006, 07:02 PM
I should be able to come up with a detailed newman guide, as that's what I plan on playing. It's all sketchy at this point.

The-King
Jul 18, 2006, 09:03 PM
I'll help the the weapons (Favorite pastime of mine, really)

Sizzors
Aug 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
If the American Xbox 360 version of PSU has no online fee...*still grasps onto fake reality*...then I will help with a weapons guide. ( I am creating a force, Hunter, and Ranger.)

Keyeszx
Aug 10, 2006, 03:06 PM
ill help out on an online guide if i have the money at the time

Kichi
Aug 25, 2006, 09:08 PM
I know I'm new here, but so long as you can get me screenshots, I'd be happy to help translate. I'm currently in Japanese 5 in Highschool, so I can handle a good deal of the grammar, and I have a dictionary for the Kanji. So yeah, again, I'll help as best I can in that area.

Alli
Sep 6, 2006, 10:32 AM
I'd like to help out as well... I have the JP version and am offline-only at the moment, but let me know what you need the most and I can help out. Screenshots are welcome! I am nearly fluent in Japanese (including kanji), so feel free to contact me with translation stuff ^__^

Ryogen
Sep 20, 2006, 05:37 AM
I can read Japanese so I can translate.

DONTOSE
Sep 23, 2006, 12:41 AM
im just going to wait for the english one to come out I just want to injoy the game no get confused on it.

Zarbolord
Sep 28, 2006, 01:29 AM
I'll help with screenshots (but I doubt that someone won't have sent one before). If I find a rare or something that hasn't a screenshot, I'll send it.

Lord_Kratos
Oct 19, 2006, 07:01 PM
i am getting the game the day it comes out or so, and im not doing online right away so i can help with the guides for the stroy ode possibly and some online stuff, if you need any thign anyones not covering Ryna just pm me and tell me what data needs to be acquired

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-10-19 17:01 ]</font>

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 04:22 AM
Not sure if it would help but I am new to PSU but after I get more experience I could write guides for people coming from other MMOs like WoW, EQ2, and GW. Kinda like conversion guides to help people coming from those games to break into the game easier by comparing common things between the games with terminology that they might understand.

Rovest
Oct 24, 2006, 06:28 AM
I am a published Guide writer, Free lance. Done Yu-gi-oh games and a few othesr. If you have a goal in mind, And Wish to have some help, I'll be playing the 360 version Offline and then online. Since the game is only 2-3 days away from Most gamers hands, Maybe you could make up a list of Everything that could be done.
Sort of like
Honey-Do List

1. Missions Avalible in order of avalibilty and progrssion succession. In order of places visited first, Colony, Parum, neudaiz, mootuba *Spellings are off* Etc. Decide weither or not to do a Mission map information and Discription as well as possible drops and rewards for completion.

"Mission name"
LeveL "#"
Discription of Goal:
Reward :
Rank Reward :
Repeatable :
When Mission becomes Avalible :

2. NPC char List and thier abilites, Find out if they level up. How to get thier Card.

"Name"
where to meet and greet :
Personality and unique discription: what item, spell, things this AI does.

3. Usable Item list monomate, trimate etc, Add in Buy and Sell then by.
"Name"
Discription :
Rarity :
Price Buy :
Price Sell :
If uncommon or rare where it drops,and from what :

4. Synth items, Metals, plants, Etc Listed just as they are in the game. Photon, wood berry, etc.

"Name"
Discription :
(later when the board list is full, someone could used it to add on to this, and say what the Item is used in making what. ex. hot berry to make Monomate, dimate, trimate, etc)
Used for making :

5. weapon, catagorize by type, then by common to rare in that catagory type, and then Add sell price to them and buy price.
catagorised as
Axe
Card
etc

"Name"
Item Name
Rarity
Type
Description
Rank
Maker
Slots
ATP
ATA
PP
MST
EVP
DFP
Requirements
Where it dropped, how you got it:

6. synth boards- Catagorize by item, weapon, Shield, unit, Decoration, clothing, etc.
(name in catagory by alpha) example
[B] name - ????item, ????item
Discrption:
Found
(later to be added)
Price shop will buy
thier Sell price

7.Monster list by Area, Name, level and then Thier element. A bit more indepth than whats already up. (i know whats up was and still is a Fantastic way to do a guide, with images and Attack Discriptions)
Guardian Colony
Delseban - element- Dark - weakness - ??? (I don't know for sure actually, would say light though *smirks)
level-1 Hp-80
Drops- im photon
level 10 Hp- 180
drops im photon
level 20 etc
Attack style, Appears by blasting trap? Rarity?

8.A Listing of City Shops, thier Buy and Sell price for Thier items, So that Anyone setting up a shop in thier room may use this as a base for thier Fees, As well as how to under sell the stores to improve players income. even 40 mesta makes a differnce to a buyer.

Colony Clezy City
Shop :Make over
Item Type
name
Discription
cost

9 PM guides are helpful as well as read often in a gamers life time of PSO, its a holygrail, And in this game its a Soul of a Char, As they will have to rely on it to get the RIGHT partnermate for thier class. SO Besides a "How to Raise a PM properly" Guide, A Guide To Which End evolution Fits Your Favorite class/Race Would Also fit well.

10. As unneccecry as it may sound, guide for "Lucky" would probly answer alot of questions even though it would be based on mostly speculation at this point.

11 Class Faq, mostly for what each level gives per level up. And how to obtain them, Weapon usage, at what level does a Weapon skill Rise from C to B.
hunter level 1 = Atp 2 Hp 10
Hunter Level 2 = Atp 8 Hp 17

12 Guide to a successful shop and profitable income, for those with no imagination and just want a cookie cut out shop. SO a full item Listing cost in Short would probly Make everyone happy

consumable healing Items
Monomate =40 mesta
Dimate = etc

Syth item
Im Photon 3 mesta
etc

13 Boss strats, Party Builds for bosses, what weapons and uncommen items drop from boss kills and thier item boxes.

I know after looking at all this im sure your thinking... Isn't this whats already on the side of the menu when you look at the PSO pages?
Well I made this post as to Possibly give a Moderator or well voice person to Help keep a list of Possible Projects multiple of people could Actually Add to if forum Topic were made and daily checked for new additions. And then the first post would contain the entire Collective of data to be Mulled over by the entire community to see if its true or false, and in a months time A first edition of the Said "guide" would be posted on the Webside's PSU list.

In this way We can keep Track of the Amount of errors low and ammount of corrections Constantly flowing in case if there is an error.

Sort of a Community Effort to complete a Section of of the game information fresh and completed faster than just one person by him/herself.

And With a topic sticky For Each Guide (item, beastiary, weapon, boss strat,) Everyone could add, And Even though the Forum is like an honor system, Honesty is trust, you will have one or two bad eggs in a batch, But those "eggs" would be poached in time and effort of the other 100 People who add and check the posts for new info. And If the Stickies are updated daily, bi daily, or once a week, The flow of information will ebb as Rarer and harder to get things are found and added, Meaning less to be added till the point of the stickies would be come Illrelivent and Just turn the info in to a Txt/Html guide for the Webside would be easy as copy and paste almost. Pictures to be or not to be added by the Websites own desire. And at the bottem of the page, a simple listing of every name who posted information first on the item in its Full Requested entirety. ex. Room Decoration Theme color sticky with Information posted as
"Name"
cost :
Rarity:

Featured character :

Description :
---
"Berry Red"

Cost: 1000 meseta
Rarity: 2 stars
Featured Character: Karen Erra

Description: A reform ticket used to completely change the appearance of My Room. "Gorgeous & Refreshing" The color of your interior will remind you of fresh berries.
---
(Example taken from PSO worlds Own "My Room Color Themes and Decorations" page.)
As would be prefered done as such For easy "cut and paste" To the Front page for Who ever would have to go through the pages to gather the information.

This is just a suggestion... And a Serious one at that.

Rovest
Oct 24, 2006, 06:30 AM
OH and There Are Major differnces between finding something offline and finding something online. So there might be a need to seperate the lists by Offline and Online Catagories as well.

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 10:29 AM
They know there are differences. I'm sure the form will be for both finding items offline and online.

Rovest
Oct 24, 2006, 11:02 AM
*chuckles* Well just trying to make a controlled Enviroment to collect data.

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 11:08 AM
No worries lol. Its always a good thing to make an organization process over just collect stuff randomly and trying to sort it through later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yaski
Oct 24, 2006, 12:07 PM
Should be easy. I'll just jot some info down about each deviding race and or Class. Should take no time at all compiling bits of information to look at.

Rovest
Oct 24, 2006, 09:03 PM
Well I find that the main issue would be whos doing the whole "watch topic" thing XD
the person organizing everything has the roughest job

Rovest
Oct 25, 2006, 03:45 AM
I would be willing to keep track of two or three Stickies, but i don't really want to focus on everything at once. I'd have 20 hours game time but 12 hoursof actual game time if i did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And it wouldn't be uncommon information

Crusae
Oct 25, 2006, 07:25 PM
I WILL HELP!!...........Yeah.