PDA

View Full Version : PSU announced for Xbox 360

Nash
Apr 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
No details of whether it will link to PC/PS2 yet.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/4/19-40

SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced that Phantasy Star Universe will be available on the Xbox 360. Scheduled for release in Fall 2006, the highly-anticipated role playing game (RPG) will release on multiple platforms including the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and PC. Phantasy Star Universe offers two complete RPG experiences – a single-player action adventure spanning multiple planets, and a robust online multiplayer component that will support Xbox Live.

Since its humble beginnings in 1988, Phantasy Star has revolutionized the RPG genre by creating new standards through innovative gameplay and online capability. Phantasy Star Universe offers a compelling story, both offline and online, that rebuilds the foundation of role-playing games with stunning cut scenes, sharply drawn personalities, and a cohesive narrative. This game revitalizes the Phantasy Star brand heritage while staying true to its roots.

"The reinvigoration of this beloved franchise on the Xbox 360 signifies another step for SEGA towards next-gen leadership," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Entertainment Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "Phantasy Star has a rich history, and now with Phantasy Star Universe in support of the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, gamers can enjoy a fantasy role-playing experience of unprecedented depth both online with their friends, and offline in the robust single-player game."

Developed by SEGA Studios, Phantasy Star Universe offers long-time fans the single-player experience they have been clamoring for. The solo adventure features more than 40 hours of gameplay, an emotionally engaging story, stunning cut scenes, and a strong cast of characters with very distinctive personalities. The title's hero is Ethan Waber, a 17-year old cadet who begins his epic journey by first rescuing his sister at the GUARDIANS, a colony under siege by mysterious life forms known as THE SEED.

In Online Mode, players are given the opportunity to create their own characters from a range of races, as they explore all three planets in the Gurhal system. Fans can travel with their friends as a squad of six adventurers, enter urban sprawls teeming with hundreds of other players, and build their avatars into powerful warriors.

Features:

Epic Story: Phantasy Star Universe offers a suspenseful single player adventure that fans have been clamoring for.
Phantasy Star Brand Heritage: Since 1988, the franchise has evolved, and produced seven series to date – building itself as one of the most well established RPG franchises.
Real-time battles where players choose their own strategies: Choose from over 200 weapon variations in over 20 weapon categories for melee, technique, or ranged-type combat. Players can also select numerous Photon Arts to defeat enemies.
World Class Score: Soundtrack produced by premier orchestras and vocals from Poland, Hollywood, and New York.
Online Gameplay: Offering the Best of Both Worlds
Multiplayer: Create a squad of up to six players to explore the universe and conquer quests.
Endless gameplay: In addition to over 40 hours of offline gameplay, gamers can spend endless hours online customizing characters, searching for rare items, leveling up, and joining friends for exhilarating new quests.
Variety in transportation: Player-controlled vehicles offer a new type of gameplay for the Phantasy Star franchise.
Character Customization: Go beyond standard customization for your character with precise measurements, an endless color palette, and outlandish outfits.
Massive enemies: Over 20 unique enemy species, totaling over 200 enemy variations.

Infiniteque
Apr 19, 2006, 11:00 AM
You beat me to it.

I was JUST about to post this news.

Here's another link:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_release.php?aid=16205

Sev
Apr 19, 2006, 11:03 AM
Guess I stand corrected.

Hopefully it will have been worth it. I wonder when they'll announce whether or not the servers will be linked.

Dhylec
Apr 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
Heh, if this is true, XB360 users can have their PUS fun too. Ah, this might be the reason for the delay?

Kyunji
Apr 19, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hmm. I thought that, if anything, it would be on the regular Xbox, as it's in the same generation as the PS2. I probably missed some technical infeastability for it, though.

Anyways, the more the merrier, I suppose. I don't have a PS2 or an Xbox 360, so this doesn't really affect me that much.

DamonKatu
Apr 19, 2006, 11:09 AM
Wouldnt the xbox 360 version be a close connection though?? If it is, you wont meet up with other system users, right?

Nash
Apr 19, 2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I think this is probably one the of the main reasons for the delay.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Revolution version is announced at E3 either, as a wifi launch title. Anyway it's good news for PSU, the bigger the community and the more attention it gets the better.

Hopefully all the servers will be linked, although this is something that is probably being tested at the moment.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 11:25 AM
psu is going to be a very popular game and i do hope that the servers will be connected. but we wont know till later we just have to wait and see. maybe they will give us an official release date now.

Infiniteque
Apr 19, 2006, 11:26 AM
You know, I think the servers will be connected to be honest. Reasons being, I think Sonic Team/SEGA saw how badly PSO did on XBox, and hopefully, they won't let it happen again. I know Microsoft was very strict about it at that time as well..

However, FFXI Online is also going to XBox 360, and like PSU, it's also on PC and PS2. I believe the 360 version of FFXI connects to the existing FFXI servers, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't allow this in PSU.

Regardless, this news in just incredible. I was about to build a new PC just to play PSU, but now that won't be necessary. I'm going to get myself an XBox 360 immediately, and switch my pre-order money over to the 360 version of PSU. Hopefully voice chat will be fully supported across all three versions.

And about PSU possibly being on Revolution.. although that would be cool, I think I'd still go with the XBox 360 version. Dunno why, but I feel as though it's going to be the best on that platform.

DamonKatu
Apr 19, 2006, 11:26 AM
WOA! You came up fast!! 0.0

Yea, good view Nash. for instance, I can see PSOBB on DS sence you could use the touch screen to fire the tecks and the pause options can be on the bottom screen so you can still move and go into your items. But the problem would be the chat system sence the buttons are small and you have to do single finger on chat.

On the open system games tho I see that they would PVP wars between the other systems. Thats one fear that one Co. feared. But I don think thats possable. What about you guys?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2006-04-19 09:27 ]</font>

LocWolf
Apr 19, 2006, 11:29 AM
That's awesome, because I really wasn't too excited about having to play on a 5 year old dusty system for my PSU fun. As for closed servers, I really doubt it. I know people go crazy when you talk about FFXI on this board, but they had no problem connecting their 360 servers to PS2 and PC.

DamonKatu
Apr 19, 2006, 11:30 AM
Remember that the Revolution will still be conpatible to the nintendo gamecube controlers (normal, wavebird, ect) so their COULD be some games that DO NOT use the revolution contrioler (unless they come up with a 3rd party controler)

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 11:31 AM
if it went to revolution i would have to switch just to get the full experience with the motion sense controller and all!i would love to actually be the one swinging a saber and shooting a handgun lol!

Sev
Apr 19, 2006, 11:54 AM
I wonder if they would implement the controllers features with the game though. I can't imagine them doing it with every game, only games speciffically tailored for the Rev.

I really hope this wasn't the reason for the delay though. I mean, yeah, it's good for you guys who own 360's... However I doubt that Sega would hold up a game for 2 systems that it's been set for, to bring in a new system... And just simply delay the games release so they can get it onto the 360. It's been brought up a few times before, so I'm guessing they already had something in the works. I'm also not sure just how much work you have to put in, and I'm just guessing that it'll be a direct port.

And least now you don't have to sit around in PS2 ugliness if you don't want to. That also brings up the point that there's now 2 systems that could have hard drive support... But alas... The PS2. No big deal though.

Nash
Apr 19, 2006, 11:58 AM
A Revolution version could be interesting because of the first-person targeting mode.

That would work really well with the controller, you'd basically just be able to point at what you wanted to fire at. Targeting in general would work well, with the analog attachment for movement.

Definitely interested in seeing if they announce it at E3 anyway.

Sev
Apr 19, 2006, 12:10 PM
I'd love to see it too, but I'm gonna keep my hopes down. I'll be satisfied with ANY version as long as the game just gets here.

If I weren't so into my computer in general, I would've taken my upgrade money and put it on a 360 just for this game. I love my PC though, so I can't do that haha.

I wonder how much of this game they'll show at E3,

Nash
Apr 19, 2006, 12:36 PM
I think it will definitely be one of the main attractions at Sega's booth at E3, especially after this 360 announcement. So that's atleast 3 formats they will be showing it on.

They are always careful to avoid spoiling the game too much though, so we'll probably only get to see 2 new levels. Plus new trailer(s), and a lot more info on the online mode I expect. Although obviously the beta will be giving us that as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Infiniteque
Apr 19, 2006, 12:50 PM
Man, I'm too excited about this.

hypersaxon
Apr 19, 2006, 12:51 PM
Great, they announce PSU for 360 THE EXACT DAY I BOUGHT FFXI!!!

They should have announced this BEFORE people bought FFXI...

Russ2576
Apr 19, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-04-19 09:11, Nash wrote:
Yeah, I think this is probably one the of the main reasons for the delay.

Then shame on Sega and ST. That's the dumbest possible reason to delay the PC and PS2 versions. I got nothing against the 360(will get one sooner or later), but to delay a game that's been in the works for 2 years just because you wanna release it on third platform just reeks of a money grubbing tactic. Get the PC and PS2 versions out first, then focus on a 360 release a few months later.

zandra117
Apr 19, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-04-19 09:09, DamonKatu wrote:
Wouldnt the xbox 360 version be a close connection though?? If it is, you wont meet up with other system users, right?

No it wont, I have gauntlet 4 for xbox live and you can play with people that are playing it on the PS2.

xenokai
Apr 19, 2006, 01:07 PM
wow your fast it also says it herehttp://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/19/phantasy-star-universe-hits-xbox-360-in-06/ Mani cant wait and it will have voice chat becuase 360 has it own private chat channel you can make on any game! and custom music!! thank you sega!!!!

zandra117
Apr 19, 2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.php?item=pr_20060419a&id=hp_news sega of america official link

hypersaxon
Apr 19, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-04-19 11:06, zandra117 wrote:

On 2006-04-19 09:09, DamonKatu wrote:

No it wont, I have gauntlet 4 for xbox live and you can play with people that are playing it on the PS2.

That, and FFXI offers cross-platform gaming between PC and PS2 as well.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
this is just too much

scott1114
Apr 19, 2006, 01:32 PM
I think this is not the reason for PSU's delay, cuz I think it will just be the same graphics and game as the PC version, they'll just change controls. And stop saying the PS2 version will be crappy, since when u'll put it in ur PS3, it will be the same as PC or X360

Kano-Okami
Apr 19, 2006, 01:52 PM
Well, this certainly puts a new light on things.
...maybe I should get a 360 after all..
well, regaurdless of whatever system it either of us play on,
the important thing to remember is this
Hide.From.Noobs.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 19, 2006, 01:56 PM
So...who thinks voice chat will be included?

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 02:07 PM
i hope there will be voice chat

Kano-Okami
Apr 19, 2006, 02:11 PM
They didn't mention it in the features..unless all games on live support voicechat.

?

qoxolg
Apr 19, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-04-19 11:32, scott1114 wrote:
I think this is not the reason for PSU's delay, cuz I think it will just be the same graphics and game as the PC version, they'll just change controls. And stop saying the PS2 version will be crappy, since when u'll put it in ur PS3, it will be the same as PC or X360

hahahaha your so funny! of course, the PS3 wil make up its own shaders, and he can also convert low res textures into high res textures with its superduper texture interpolation unit.. and don't forget that the PS3 got a smart polysmoother that doubles the amount of polygons without messing up the model!!11!1.. sure.

Do you really think sega is stupid enough to put an PS2 and PS3 version on the same disk? they will milk every penny out of PSU. the PS2 version will be the PC version with most settings on low detail

zandra117
Apr 19, 2006, 02:28 PM
I just realized that because its on the 360 it has to have voice chat. OMG YAY

Kano-Okami
Apr 19, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-04-19 11:56, Jonathan_F wrote:
So...who thinks voice chat will be included?

Xbox Solution-FAQ wrote:

All Xbox Live games support the Communicator headset. With a Communicator plugged into your Xbox controller, you will be able to talk to teammates and opponents in real-time as you play. In some games, there is a mute feature so you can ignore foul-mouthed players while still hearing more mature ones.

Game sounds and music are not sent through the Communicator.
In essence, Voice chat's in there, whether we like it or not, atleast, for the 360 players(by default).. but as an overall perspective, I doubt Sega will jump through so many hoops for VC.

zandra117
Apr 19, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-04-19 12:11, Kano-Okami wrote:
They didn't mention it in the features..unless all games on live support voicechat.

?

yes they do, It will probably be voice chat only among party members.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-19 12:32 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Apr 19, 2006, 02:45 PM
Voice chat will probably work the same as FFXI, it'll only be available for private chats using the Xbox Live service.

Flame
Apr 19, 2006, 02:57 PM
well, this makes a 360 much more attractive I guess.

peenk
Apr 19, 2006, 03:10 PM
is it just me or does this sounds like normal/hard/v.hard modes?

from front page news about PSO for 360:
Massive enemies: Over 70 unique enemy species, totaling over 220 enemy variations.

70x3=210 .. add few rare monsters or 'sub' boses (aka ep II mini-bosses) and makes it 220
just a thought ....

qoxolg
Apr 19, 2006, 03:21 PM
I hope with unique they really mean unique and not the booma >> evil shark >> demian evolution we had in PSO

Foxfire15
Apr 19, 2006, 03:34 PM
Well....it will probably be, but also, there will most likely be stronger versions of monsters. (kinda like in WoW, aka Bear, Rabid bear, Dire bear, ect ect.)

chibiLegolas
Apr 19, 2006, 03:48 PM
YAY! I've been waiting to hear official announcements for PSU on xbox. And better yet, on the 360! Woo-hoo!
I'm not a fan of Microsoft, but I AM a fan of xbox live and what they've done with PSO in general with their online support and headsets. I feel like Sony's playing catch-up with xbox live and I'm just glad that I'll be able to see & HEAR old friends again. And easily transfer my old account to the new. I can only hope that xbox players be able to play with PC and PS2 players as well (like many have voiced already).
I felt really isolated when the xbox players couldn't play with the cmoders of GC and their Japanese counterparts. Hopefully, this time around, we can all play and share the PSU experience together.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Now to patiently wait for the release.

ulyoth
Apr 19, 2006, 03:48 PM
On 2006-04-19 13:21, qoxolg wrote:
I hope with unique they really mean unique and not the booma >> evil shark >> demian evolution we had in PSO

No, what its saying is there could be 70 types of monsters with 3 variations each.
Now i have a dilemma, spend £400 on upgrading my PC or get a 360...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-04-19 13:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-04-19 13:50 ]</font>

qoxolg
Apr 19, 2006, 03:53 PM
I would say a 360.. it got alot more inside for the same money and the ease of never having to upgrade for eyecandy in the latest games.

Foxfire15
Apr 19, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-04-19 13:53, qoxolg wrote:
I would say a 360.. it got alot more inside for the same money and the ease of never having to upgrade for eyecandy in the latest games.

Well, latest console games. Somehow I imagine the PC will still have better possible eye candy than the 360, but once again, I coud be wrong.

FOmarrules
Apr 19, 2006, 04:05 PM
no...no...no XB360 pplz dont diserve any of the money thier gonna get shure sega will get some of it but microsoft is gonna get more and they dont need it i mean bill gates owns the friggen company he could easly give money away....in short PSU should not go to XB360

Oji_Retta
Apr 19, 2006, 04:12 PM
I'm glad its on 360 even though I'll be playing on PS2 or PS3. The more the merrirer. I hope it also gets on the Revolution. I just hope SEGA doesn't take a hit. SEGA thinks it won't, so I'll support it.

qoxolg
Apr 19, 2006, 04:43 PM
Why do people hate the Xbox360? because its form microsoft?? just grow up! I don't like microsoft either, thats why I am using an Mac, but I got nothing against the Xbox360, its a good machine and I think it will make PSU look great.

shinshade
Apr 19, 2006, 04:44 PM
It''s good news as long as 360 Players can play with the other versions. As for a Revolution version It is likley I imagine that Sonic Team will give the revolution lost of love.
On the subject of Revolution controls, you seem to forget that there is going to be a controller shell for revolution which will turn the rev wand into a traditional controller it is likey that ST will support that.

FOmarrules
Apr 19, 2006, 06:18 PM
i hope i comes out for the "revolution" <<<just a codename right now)

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 06:27 PM
not sure how it would work with the "controller" <<<what people call it (i think of it as more of a gyro super remote) but i guess it would be cool to play PSU on the rev.

Lux
Apr 19, 2006, 06:32 PM
On 2006-04-19 16:18, FOmarrules wrote:
i hope i comes out for the "revolution" <<<just a codename right now)

On 2006-04-19 16:27, vitius137 wrote:
not sure how it would work with the "controller" <<<what people call it

F***, I said lol in real life. I fail at life.

EspioKaos
Apr 19, 2006, 07:40 PM
...the Gurhal system.
Ew. I wonder if this is the official spelling? If so, I'll get used to it, but it might take me a while since I've been translating it as "Graal" for so long. XD

maoZedong
Apr 19, 2006, 07:41 PM
On 2006-04-19 13:10, peenk wrote:
is it just me or does this sounds like normal/hard/v.hard modes?

from front page news about PSO for 360:
Massive enemies: Over 70 unique enemy species, totaling over 220 enemy variations.

70x3=210 .. add few rare monsters or 'sub' boses (aka ep II mini-bosses) and makes it 220
just a thought ....

change your avatar or die...

On 2006-04-19 14:05, FOmarrules wrote:
no...no...no XB360 pplz dont diserve any of the money thier gonna get shure sega will get some of it but microsoft is gonna get more and they dont need it i mean bill gates owns the friggen company he could easly give money away....in short PSU should not go to XB360

supposedly he is only giving 10 mil to each of his family members and giving the rest of his fortune away...to charity or something

I can't wait for the 360, I was going to soup up the PC but now I have an excuse to buy a 360!!!...

Do I see multiplayer as a feature...??...I only wish they meant offline multiplayer...

When I pay for online, am I paying for X-Box live or for a PSO account!?!?

Ryna
Apr 19, 2006, 07:43 PM
On 2006-04-19 17:40, EspioKaos wrote:

...the Gurhal system.
Ew. I wonder if this is the official spelling? If so, I'll get used to it, but it might take me a while since I've been translating it as "Graal" for so long. XD

I'm going to leave it as "Graal" in the PSOW guides until we see something closer to release. I think that name is bound to change.

hypersaxon
Apr 19, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-04-19 17:41, maoZedong wrote:

No, it's just like Final Fantasy XI, you can play the game with a Silver account which is free of charge, then all you have to pay for is the monthly fee for PSU.

Jinto117
Apr 19, 2006, 08:24 PM
So, if one has the gold membership then they won't have to pay a seperate subscription fee such a hunters licence along with the Xbox Live subscription fee?

Ancient
Apr 19, 2006, 08:31 PM
no you still pay both, but the gold fee is to play all the other games online, like Halo2 and...you know...the others...

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 08:34 PM
[/quote]
supposedly he is only giving 10 mil to each of his family members and giving the rest of his fortune away...to charity or something

I can't wait for the 360, I was going to soup up the PC but now I have an excuse to buy a 360!!!...

Do I see multiplayer as a feature...??...I only wish they meant offline multiplayer...

[/quote]

thats the one thing missing is an offline multiplayer, which was one of my favorite features of pso, especially when i didnt have online.

and i hope they didnt leave it out because people were using it mostly to lvl their online character or because people were hacking offline and then going online. i would rather have multiplayer than that extra mode thing.

Jinto117
Apr 19, 2006, 08:41 PM
no you still pay both, but the gold fee is to play all the other games online, like Halo2 and...you know...the others...

Darn. I thought that was the case. I wonder how much the monthly fee will be. Is it still $8 for the U.S. or something like that?

Rubesahl
Apr 19, 2006, 08:44 PM
That's nice about the private channels for chatting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif The more the merrier in my opinion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I know I have a PC thats powerful enough to put PSU in max setttings so I don't worry about that. I'm planning on getting an XB 360 for other games so I might pick up PSU for it so my sister can play with me since her PC isn't as good as mine ^_^ As for disliking MS... I dunno I honestly don't see much difference from Sony and Microsoft >_> MS controls the OS area while Sony rules in electronic appliances. If you should hate something its capitalism but lets not get into that >_>; In my opinion, I like having all systems since all of them have good things ^_^ even if I wait like a year between each one, I always get them all lol

As for the rev, I doubt they'll customize it so much for the rev, just my opinion though, from the pattern of things: if its the same title, they won't put effort in making it different for another console. Me thinks Nintendo is going to release a more standard controller adaptable to the remote, it would be the wisest decision for having it being compatible with GC games. Otherwise they'll have to have a patch for each GC game to add that way a control layout to use with the remote control? Don't see it probable. Still, it isn't impossible, and I'd love if its on all systems and it'd be great if they would take advantage of the rev controller.

As for me, I'll be happy in the PC version >_> I won't even suffer of the HD quality cause I can always go to the living room with my PC when we get an HD projector http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

maoZedong
Apr 19, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-04-19 18:34, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:

[/quote]

thats the one thing missing is an offline multiplayer, which was one of my favorite features of pso, especially when i didnt have online.

and i hope they didnt leave it out because people were using it mostly to lvl their online character or because people were hacking offline and then going online. i would rather have multiplayer than that extra mode thing.

[/quote]
AGREED...I love offline multiplayer, but I think it's going to be completely separate from online...that is if there is one...oh well...online's cool...except it costs money!

hypersaxon
Apr 19, 2006, 10:48 PM
I don't think splitscreen multiplayer is feasible for PSU, seeing how immense the world are suppose to be this time around.

Just get a credit card already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kurosawa
Apr 19, 2006, 11:01 PM
I'll definately have to look into getting a 360 now.

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 11:05 PM
pfft u guys.

Eclypse
Apr 19, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-04-19 14:05, FOmarrules wrote:

Ok first of all tard, Bill Gates doesn't own the company, he co-found it with Paul Allen. Secondly, wth does there always have to be some GC, DC PSO/U Sega lover that has to hate on the Xbox. When PSO was announced for the Xbox, people hated on it, and now that the 360 is getting it, you are hating on it again....get a life.

Eclypse
Apr 19, 2006, 11:36 PM
This is a great think for PSU and Sega because with the established base that Xbox Live has and the lack of a MMO or RPG on the 360 outside of FF and Elder Scrolls, this will offer more variety for fans and newcomers to the game.

Whether you're a PS veteran or a newb, when it comes to PSU and the gameplay we will all be on equal footing except for the fact that the PC and PS2 versions come first I think.

**I wonder where that OdinTyler person is....seeing as he was the so-called unofficial know it all of PSU, and just knew 100% that it wasn't coming to the 360, I would have thought he'd be the first to say this was a falst story or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-04-19 21:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-04-19 21:38 ]</font>

ANIMEniac
Apr 20, 2006, 12:19 AM
OOOO what then... hopefully Odin can back me up on this, but i had been saying PSU was comming out on the 360 since november/december. every1 was like "its not comming out" but i knew that absense of evidence was not the evidence of absense! now i hope is it hooked up to the same servers, but i think it will be because they can do what FFIX did and just have a server connection be downloaded

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ANIMEniac on 2006-04-19 23:11 ]</font>

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
alright Eclypse, we get it. PSU coming to XBox360 is totally great and thats fine. but try to keep it all in one post, kay? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Eclypse
Apr 20, 2006, 01:20 AM
As I told the last person to tell me that, I will do what works for me, kay? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GaijinPUnch
Apr 20, 2006, 02:58 AM
Just a thought. The source says that Sega of America/Europe announced it -- SoJ has not said a word. Like anyone here cares, but what are the chances of Sega completely dissing the 360 in Japan? They've got a reputation for packing their games to work with many regions out of the box, so the only thing stopping them is cost producting/distribution costs, which might be a lot.

EDIT: If this is why the game was delayed for so damn long, Sega is beyond help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-04-20 01:02 ]</font>

echo-2003
Apr 20, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-04-19 18:34, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I gotta disagree. So many times I wished I could have used all four of my characters offline in single player. Offline multiplayer is just impossible, small screens? come on.

I'll take single player with a full screen anyday or going online and spending the $$$ for it too do so and play with others that way, makes far more sense.

Sev
Apr 20, 2006, 12:06 PM
I already said it, but I seriously doubt that the 360 release has anything to do with the delay on the game... They had other things to do, and so they did them. Aside from that, we'll never know since they simply won't say anyway. Why would they right?

I've said before that the 360 is bombing in Japan... If they really don't release this game for 360 in Japan... I'm not sure if it would surprise me. If that's the case, that would mean it's more or less for the money. Or maybe someone actually did mak ea 360 petition and someone actually cared? That'd be cool.

Anyway I'm not too concerned about all of this. People are just negative in general. It's been said a million times, but PSU's graphics aren't gonna be waht makes it great. If we can all share the experience that'll be great. There's most likely gonna be more information on this at E3 right? So we'll probably know more in May.

Eclypse
Apr 20, 2006, 02:17 PM
The game was always going to come out ont he 360, people on these boards just awnt to assume that it was something else because it's all of a sudden. If you remember, the last version of PSO was also announced AFTER the GC version had come out.

This delay has nothing to do with the 360, the delay is due to technical issues related to the online component of the game. You would think people would be happy that the game is coming out on more system, but it seems there is no end to the constant hating that MSFT consoles get from people.

It's sickening.

VioletSkye
Apr 20, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-04-19 23:20, Eclypse wrote:
As I told the last person to tell me that, I will do what works for me, kay? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Uhhh, no you won't. You will follow the rules like the rest of us or you will get a warning and eventually booted. I've seen numerous double and triple posts by you which is totally unnecessary.

FOmarrules
Apr 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
Bill Gates need to give more to his family or like microsoft or somthin because what if bill gates dies wears it gonna go and PSU beter come out for the Revolution <<<<<<< Code name and the "controller" will be fricken sweet w/ the capeabiltys of PSU

KaiNova7
Apr 20, 2006, 06:41 PM
Wow, this annoucement puts a spin on things, I originally planned to play psu on ps2, but now im considering 360, only if the servers are connected. But sometimes too good of a thing can turn out bad, such as having a large player base, open to more attacks of hackers, massive dupe systems, console wars,but, i hope im wrong, eithier way, just like in the past, I'll still find a way to enjoy the game....see you all there!!!

GaijinPUnch
Apr 20, 2006, 08:06 PM
Well, I hate to admit it, but I was totally wrong. It is coming out for the 360 in Japan, but apparently will not be released simultaneous w/ the PC and PS2 releases. On the Information Page (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/info_main.html) at the official site, it still lists PS2/PC versions as 2006, and XBOX360 version as TBA.

QuadTail
Apr 20, 2006, 08:52 PM
PSU for '360? Hm...
That's good I guess, but, if ST don't put it on the Revolution, too, then I'ma gunna whine at them 'til they do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

... It would be just my luck if they didn't though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Eclypse
Apr 21, 2006, 01:00 AM
On 2006-04-20 12:19, VioletSkye wrote:

On 2006-04-19 23:20, Eclypse wrote:

Uhhh, no you won't. You will follow the rules like the rest of us or you will get a warning and eventually booted. I've seen numerous double and triple posts by you which is totally unnecessary.

Well you do what you feel is right.

Z-man
Apr 21, 2006, 02:34 PM
Ah, this is great news. Playing in High Def in widescreen will be sweet. I'm confused by the irrational Microsoft hatred, though. It's not like Sony is run by a bunch of sweet nuns that give all proceeds to charity. A corporation is a corporation. Oh well, while they haters are whining, I'll be playing PSU on my 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SubstanceD
Apr 22, 2006, 04:45 PM
Well, this is a pleasant suprise.

I was planning on buying the PS2 version of PSU ( I don't/can't play games ona PC, it feels....un-natural ) but now that we know that there is a version of PSU on the X-Box 360, well, I think I might invest in a X-Box 360 and buy that version of PSU ( It's not like I intend to buy a console for 1 game, there are also several Mist Walker games to look forward to on the 360 ).-

Ancient
Apr 22, 2006, 08:38 PM
I was sure it would be blood in the streets of Vanadiel when the 360 version of FFXI came out, with all those deeply entrenched PS2 Sony Fanboys still playing. But, its been no such thing. There, really is no reason for the players of a game to care what platform the other players are. At least not for MMO's. I certainly wouldnt want any controller users backing me up in a FPS if they linked it up between PC and Consoles. But otherwise, there isnt any difference, except to the people themselves.

And as far as hacking, I think the largest threat would come from the PC front, or perhaps the PS2. Since the PS2 is extremly easy to hack, and hackers have a 5 year head start on the system compared to the 360. The Xbox Live mod detection system normally kept things pretty clean against online hacking. Hackers could do whatever they wanted offline, like make weapons and stuff. But they couldnt do anything online, like Noling and FSODing. With the original xbox, it would detect a mod chip and emmediatly ban that console, based on the serial # of that units hard drive. Since the 360 has easily swappable harddrives, hopefully they've changed the banning proceedure to be a bit more hardcore, like banning based on your payment info or something.

OdinTyler
Apr 22, 2006, 08:50 PM
Eclypse, I'm not even going to get into a war of words with you for 2 reasons:

1. You'd lose.
2. You're not worth it.

Aside from all that, if my posts were REALLY read through, I said it wasn't coming out because ST themselves had said so. It was speculation at the time. I also said it COULD come out, but at the time, it wasn't happening. Now that it's official, why should I deny it? Hope that clarifies things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

vox3om
Apr 22, 2006, 11:14 PM
I'm with OdinTyler...Eclypse, it was pretty unnecessary to say something like that...if you don't like what is said in the forum then don't read it, simple as that.

Link00seven
Apr 23, 2006, 06:54 PM
I'm very happy to read this news, since I have an Xbox 360 but not a PC that could run this game. I also see no reason why they couldn't link the servers. Look at the recently-released 360 version of FFXI. Since MS has XBL Silver, PSU could run just like that game, whereas it can be played without Gold, and be run entirely on Sega's servers, which could be linked to the PS2/PC version, JUST like Square-Enix has done with FFXI.

OdinTyler
Apr 23, 2006, 08:11 PM
The question tho is will MS let X360 players play on the same servers as everyone else? I know you cite the FFXI reference, but, have they said this will be done. Alot of ppl are hoping for all 3 systems to be connected. You'd think with this latest announcement, they'd want to assure ppl that connectivity is not an issue.

Eclypse
Apr 23, 2006, 08:18 PM
I only said I did because it seems like what it comes to this game you think you are the be all end all of any information released about this game. You can look back at posts you made a couple months ago and it's that obvious that whatever you say was supposed to eb the way it is.

I can remember saying how I thought PSO was the easiest game ever made and you had the nerve to tell me it wasn't and that I shouldn't overestimate myself!

And if you aren't going to get into a war of words with me then why did you even bother responding? I don't say what I say to start an argument, but it just annoys the shit out of me that you have a response or a reason for something regarding this game when you are in the same boat as everyone else when it comes to this information.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-04-23 18:22 ]</font>

GuerillaPimp
Apr 23, 2006, 11:33 PM
PSU for X360?? hot damn, now i have to get an X360

Sinue_v2
Apr 24, 2006, 02:01 AM
X360 will be the third console I've bought because of a Phantasy Star game. I discovered PSI after having got the SMS.. and I knew I was going to get a Genesis at launch.. so PSII - IV were a given. However, I wasn't quite sure about buying a Dreamcast until I heard about Phantasy Star Online. After that, I had it bought and ready for online the moment PSO launched. I didn't pick up my GameCube & Modem until about a week before PSO Ep I & II launched... and now I'll be buying an X360 in lue of Phantasy Star Universe.

Not that I wouldn't have gotten all those consoles anyhow reguardless - but Phantasy Star arranged my gaming priorities pretty damn quickly.

OdinTyler
Apr 24, 2006, 08:48 AM
Well, I can't afford an X360 right now so I won't be getting it for PSU. I'll stick to PS2 for that. However, I have played the system & would get it eventually. That of course is based on any games on X360 (other than PSU) that I would like. I know I'd pick up some regular Xbox games as I understand they're playable on X360.

YOnyx360
Apr 24, 2006, 10:12 AM
OH! my goodness the first time i saw this i had to buy an X Box 360. Actually my brother bought it but it's still SUPER SICK !

ShinMaruku
Apr 24, 2006, 11:54 AM
Buying a system becuase of one game? Mein gott!
You are gonna spend $10 more... Well, it's oyur money, I suggest them batshit crazy mufuckaz scrap the pS2 version. Make it a true next gen thing. Can't make the PS2 version make the game stunted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-04-24 09:54 ]</font>

Magician
Apr 24, 2006, 12:58 PM
Excellent!

I can't wait.

If you're on X360, and you want to add me be sure to mention PSU in your friend request.

Eclypse
Apr 24, 2006, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know if PSU will have any graphics changes due to the capability of the 360 or do you think they will just direct port with not changes?

Shade-
Apr 24, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-04-24 14:05, Eclypse wrote:
Does anyone know if PSU will have any graphics changes due to the capability of the 360 or do you think they will just direct port with not changes?

It'll probalby be a port of the PC gfx engine if it's comming out at the same time as the others.

Eclypse
Apr 24, 2006, 05:38 PM
Well I guess this changes things for me because I don't want another repeat of PSOX.

It has been common knowledge for some time that the PS2 and PC versions of PSU will be linked together, allowing players on either platform to interact with each other. There has been much speculation about whether or not the Xbox 360 servers would be included in this as well. PSOW has learned from an official source that, at this time, the Xbox 360 servers (which will use the Xbox Live service) are planned to be independant of the PS2 and PC servers and will not be linked. This means that if you're planning to meet up with your friends in PSU, it might be a good idea to pick your platforms accordingly, as it appears the Xbox 360 PSU community will playing exclusively with other Xbox Live players.

Sinue_v2
Apr 24, 2006, 06:11 PM
Hmm.. well if that pans out, then I guess I'll just have to buy both the PS2 and Xbox360 version.

Still, I can't see Sonic Team leaving X360 players completely cut off from the linked PS2 & PC servers. There's something very drawing about the "At this time" part of the news post. From what I understand, FFXI doesn't use Xbox Live - and can be taken online using just a Silver Live account. I wonder if, at this time, Sonic Team is just worried about getting PSU Xbox Live compatable - and that they also plan to allow you to connect to the linked servers outside of the Xbox Live network.

We'll just have to wait and see... but honestly, even if this is "offical", I don't see the different platforms being completely segregated. Just a few weeks ago, remember, PSU was not "Offically" in development for any next-gen system.

Oji_Retta
Apr 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
Maybe this is a plan for Sega to make more money off of the 360 players by having them buy multiple versions since they are seemingly the weakest user base.

ShinMaruku
Apr 24, 2006, 08:54 PM
If Sonic Team indeed engineered such a plot, they devserve to be assimalted...

Ancient
Apr 24, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well if it means that they will be fully emplementing a solid use for voice chat and other Live features for the 360 version of PSU then I welcome the change. I does, however trigger some small fears of the same kind of neglectful treatment that PSOX got on the original Xbox. Since the 360 version will released a good 3-6 months after the PS2 and PC versions, it will be interesting to see if people would be willing to drop one account for another. Frankly my PC isnt going to cut the mustard for PSU, and I dont really care to play it on PS2 (no hate to PS2, I have one). So I'll be on the 360 regardless. I still managed to thoroughly enjoy PSOX even with the small user base and few updates. Maybe Sega will be cool and give you the option to transfer your Ps2/PC account to the 360 when you start...but I doubt it.

Eclypse
Apr 25, 2006, 03:25 AM
I still think it's suspect because if they can do a work around with Square-Enix then I am sure they can come up with something for PSU360