PDA

View Full Version : (Official) Question's for PSU Beta tester's......

xenokai
Apr 19, 2006, 09:30 PM
Does it work on a dial-up connection?

If so What speed did you connect?

How well does it run on your graphic card's?

What Graphic card do you have?

How are the controls?

(I know the server isn't up just getting the question thread ready and just trying to help PSO-World out. Please ask question here.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xenokai on 2006-04-19 19:41 ]</font>

Segaholic2
Apr 19, 2006, 09:32 PM
I'm most interested in the controls.

How is the gamepad support?
How many shortcut keys are you allowed?
Can you customize pretty much all commands?
Are there still macro keys for text chat?

Getintothegame
Apr 19, 2006, 09:33 PM
Hey now, to make an offical thread, it needs mod approval.

And by the way, the servers to go online don't go on for a few 7 hours... we'll be seeing a ton of this information in a while.

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-04-19 19:30, xenokai wrote:
Does it work on a dial-up connection?

If so What speed did you connect?

How well does it run on your graphic card's?

What Graphic card do you have?

How are the controls?

(I know the server isn't up just getting the question thread ready and just trying to help PSO-World out. Please ask question here.)

lol, you've been asking that dail-up question for a while. my bet is that it will work but it will take a while to connect, also expect long loading times and lag. thats my opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-19 19:34 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Apr 19, 2006, 09:34 PM
1. How customizable are the controls? It would help to know because with ppl playing various versions (I myself will be on PS2), it would be good if you can place the buttons however you wish.

2. Are there Section IDs or some form of separation?

3. It's been said you apply for a license (in game). Describe what needs to be done for that, with setting up one's character type (Hunter-type, ex).

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 19, 2006, 09:43 PM
are there shortcuts?

how is the attack systems?

how big are the lobbies?

are there section ids?

how many combos can you do? is it three like pso?

how is the online story?

what would you rate this game!!!?(even though not the full version)

shinobu_seta
Apr 19, 2006, 10:07 PM
I just want to know how much freedom you have in developing the stats of your character. For example, if I play as a Newman, am I practically stuck as a Force? Cast as a Ranger? You know what I mean.

I understand that certain classes are better at certain things, but I'm just afraid that it'll be too hard to break the molds.

vitius137
Apr 19, 2006, 10:11 PM
from what we know, you will not have a class. you will level up your RA HU and FO skills seperately. you can make a cast that strictly uses magic or a character who is equally good at everything. its all up to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i think you level up the skills based on how you fight during battle, if u mostly use guns you will gain more RA experience)

kyori
Apr 20, 2006, 12:41 AM
Well hate to do this but doesn't look like any information will be coming out:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110990&forum=20&4

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 12:46 AM
info will probly still be released but I think we should keep it to a minimum to avoid any legal action from ST (seems doubtful)

kyori
Apr 20, 2006, 12:53 AM
Heh, but whos the brave soul that will risk that?

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 01:01 AM
surely not I http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
especially considering I'm not in the beta test (so far)

xenokai
Apr 20, 2006, 01:16 AM
Another question is....
HOW ARE the Vehicle's!? i forgot to ask that!! lol

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 01:22 AM
of course, vehicles. I've been wondering about that too.

Oji_Retta
Apr 20, 2006, 08:45 AM
On 2006-04-19 22:53, kyori wrote:
Heh, but whos the brave soul that will risk that?

If I were in the beta, I would. Sega can suck my left nut on those issues for all I care.

kyori
Apr 20, 2006, 08:47 AM
So youre saying you're willing to give up your account.

Oji_Retta
Apr 20, 2006, 08:51 AM
I'm a gambling guy. Even if my account had a chance of getting banned, I'd do it. Notice I said if I had an account. While I've been waiting for the game for a while, I understand how everyone else feels and would toss some stuff out there to help them out. ^_^ Even if I lost my account, atleast I would have done something to appease the others. Like I said before; Sega can suck my left nut on those issues for all I care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-04-20 06:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-04-20 07:08 ]</font>

kyori
Apr 20, 2006, 08:57 AM
The matter here is breaking an NDA means a lot of things. You could be left out of future betas, or even blacklisted with other companies. The media holds NDAs extremely dearly in that regard.

therealAERO
Apr 20, 2006, 09:01 AM
i had to take all my stuff down. By my choice. Sorry, but Sega, and Sonic Team are a dear company to me, and I can't just do that if it says I am not allowed. I took videos and everything...sorry guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: therealAERO on 2006-04-20 07:01 ]</font>

Oji_Retta
Apr 20, 2006, 09:03 AM
Uh, so? I honestly wouldn't care about the future consequences. Blacklisting and exclusion I could care less about. One, I almost never beta things. And I can still buy and play the games (even if they do go as far as to ban my IP). Remember...my left nut.

Dhylec
Apr 20, 2006, 09:05 AM
Oji_Retta wrote:
I'm a gambling guy. Even if my account had a chance of getting banned, I'd do it. Notice I said if I had an account. While I've been waiting for the game for a while, I understand how everyone else feels and would toss some stuff out there to help them out. ^_^ Even if I lost my account, I least I would have done something to appease the others.
Heh, while I applause your thoughts of sharing your account for others & risk being banned, I think that wouldn't make things better.

Sure there are serveral people who can enjoy the game briefly, but then all can cut off short by ST without even really testing anything significant. This also shows how meaningless the rules & requirements ST set up for this closed test.

Fryetholly
Apr 20, 2006, 09:06 AM
You're also not allowed to download mp3s, videos, games, to cheat in your math tests, not to listen at school, to spit....

therealAERO
Apr 20, 2006, 09:07 AM
I just can't give up this opportunity I have been given. Its just too much fun to let it all go for posting pics when we aren't allowed to.

Oji_Retta
Apr 20, 2006, 09:09 AM
On 2006-04-20 07:05, Dhylec wrote:

Oji_Retta wrote:
I'm a gambling guy. Even if my account had a chance of getting banned, I'd do it. Notice I said if I had an account. While I've been waiting for the game for a while, I understand how everyone else feels and would toss some stuff out there to help them out. ^_^ Even if I lost my account, I least I would have done something to appease the others.
Heh, while I applause your thoughts of sharing your account for others & risk being banned, I think that wouldn't make things better.

Sure there are serveral people who can enjoy the game briefly, but then all can cut off short by ST without even really testing anything significant. This also shows how meaningless the rules & requirements ST set up for this closed test.

I guess that is another way to look at it.

Kyunji
Apr 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
I, personally, think almost everyone is taking the NDA waaaaay too seriously. First of all, everyone posting here is an English player. To my knowledge, no one here actually lives in Japan. So if you're worried that the police are going to knock down your door in the middle of the night, confiscate all your possessions, and throw you into jail, there's reason for that. Sonic Team can speak English about as well as most of the members of this message board can speak Japanese. It's pretty hard to get personal information and such about a person in another country.

Second, for similar reasons, it would be very difficult to figure out precisely who gave out information/screenshots/videos/whatnot on the game, considering that they would be posted on an English web site. As long as you did not use your character/account name when posting information, there would be virtually no way of identifying you, besides perhaps an IP lookup, but I somehow doubt that Sonic Team members have admin/moderator access to these forums.

Finally, I believe that this is too great an opprotunity to miss. We have people actually playing the game now, and people are deciding that no information should be posted!? I just think that, given the chance, we should at least attempt to post information on the game. As long as it's not information on how to cheat or such similar material, I see no problems with this. Then, if Sonic Team does find out that information is being leaked (why would they be on this web site?), if they do find out who is doing it (how would they?), if they do ban them from the game permanently (how would they get their account name/character name/IP address?), if they do send a warning letter of some sort to the administrators (how would they write a message in English?), then certainly, I see no reason not to stop. But until then, I fully support the givign out of at least some information.

DizzyDi
Apr 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
Remember people, we're not the only ones excited for this game and hungry for information.
The japanese are too, and there probably are japanese sites that are doing the exact same thing we are. So really, its not that big of a deal.

Wavey
Apr 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
I agree with Kyunji http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I really want to see what this game is like.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 20, 2006, 09:41 AM
On 2006-04-20 07:30, Kyunji wrote:
I, personally, think almost everyone is taking the NDA waaaaay too seriously. First of all, everyone posting here is an English player. To my knowledge, no one here actually lives in Japan. So if you're worried that the police are going to knock down your door in the middle of the night, confiscate all your possessions, and throw you into jail, there's reason for that. Sonic Team can speak English about as well as most of the members of this message board can speak Japanese. It's pretty hard to get personal information and such about a person in another country.

Second, for similar reasons, it would be very difficult to figure out precisely who gave out information/screenshots/videos/whatnot on the game, considering that they would be posted on an English web site. As long as you did not use your character/account name when posting information, there would be virtually no way of identifying you, besides perhaps an IP lookup, but I somehow doubt that Sonic Team members have admin/moderator access to these forums.

Finally, I believe that this is too great an opprotunity to miss. We have people actually playing the game now, and people are deciding that no information should be posted!? I just think that, given the chance, we should at least attempt to post information on the game. As long as it's not information on how to cheat or such similar material, I see no problems with this. Then, if Sonic Team does find out that information is being leaked (why would they be on this web site?), if they do find out who is doing it (how would they?), if they do ban them from the game permanently (how would they get their account name/character name/IP address?), if they do send a warning letter of some sort to the administrators (how would they write a message in English?), then certainly, I see no reason not to stop. But until then, I fully support the givign out of at least some information.

just the way i look at it. im right with you.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 20, 2006, 09:43 AM
Ok, here's the ultimate proof sega won't do anything.

Episode 4 beta was closed. Yet I put out an episode of PSM with information on all of the monsters and the Outer Crater. I never heard a peep out of sega.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 20, 2006, 09:49 AM
On 2006-04-20 07:43, Jonathan_F wrote:
Ok, here's the ultimate proof sega won't do anything.

Episode 4 beta was closed. Yet I put out an episode of PSM with information on all of the monsters and the Outer Crater. I never heard a peep out of sega.

yup thats good proof.

mechatra
Apr 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
I think the main reason we're not getting much is that everyone who did manage to get an account is afraid of loosing the privaledeg they've been given.

That's fair enough for them I supose but realistically it doesn't seem like much a threat is actually posed.

Kano-Okami
Apr 20, 2006, 10:08 AM
Question:
According to the summary of the NDA, its offlimits to post media from the Beta, but, does that only apply to us or the anything related to PSU beta in general?
Because when I visited the Main site (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/) there are already new images of , what looks to be, the beta on the front page. So are they contradicting themselves or are ST's beta testers 'above the law'?

Kyunji
Apr 20, 2006, 10:11 AM
On 2006-04-20 08:08, Kano-Okami wrote:
Question:
According to the summary of the NDA, its offlimits to post media from the Beta, but, does that only apply to us or the anything related to PSU beta in general?
Because when I visited the Main site (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/) there are already new images of , what looks to be, the beta on the front page. So are they contradicting themselves or are ST's beta testers 'above the law'?

Of course not. Don't be silly. It's illegal for Sonic Team to post media from their own game. Really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-04-20 08:12 ]</font>

DamonKatu
Apr 20, 2006, 10:20 AM
Yes it is. With all that information leaking out from other workers, no one really hides everything. So much for a serprize. v.v'

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 20, 2006, 10:27 AM
one thing i should have mentioned. I was under the point that the information "had already been seen." The point i'm speaking of is TGS 04.

fumatanera
Apr 20, 2006, 10:27 AM
of course it is their choice to post info or not, but what would you really be risking? not being able to play the beta? who cares. it doesn't last that long, and if you can't speak japanese you are probably keeping someone who can actually inform ST of problems from playing the beta. at this point there is nothing about the game that is so super secret that they would be hunting down leaks, the game is practically finished.
i say post away

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 20, 2006, 10:34 AM
i just wanna see some new screens and videos and here new music. whats so complicated about that!!??

Kano-Okami
Apr 20, 2006, 10:40 AM
Well, I'm not usually the one to say 2 wrongs make a right, but aren't the participants from PSOW prodominationly American & European..when the requirements for the Beta state you must be a Japan resident?
>_>
Maybe if they're allowing our nationality slide, it could go the same way for media?
Just a thought.

Nai_Calus
Apr 20, 2006, 11:24 AM
People usually lie on the registration forms. I sure as hell don't live in the Yamagata Prefecture, but that's where my PSOBBJP account's information claims I do. XP My real name ain't what I put down there, either. If they ever noticed my credit card was American, they sure didn't care as long as I gave them money every month. XP

That said, it's amusing to note the differences in attitude between this and the PSOBB EpIV closed beta, where we were all posting crap left and right and not giving a damn. XD "This is what this area looks like, lawl. These cactus poke you. This is a reallyfrickingoverpowered Twin Sword that makes Sange and Yasha look like a piece of crap. This weapon has its texture loaded backwards, stupid ST." And none of us got our accounts banned, Beta or otherwise, despite leaving our character names blatantly displayed in the screenshots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

So, since I've been looking for them in screenshots and have yet to actually SEE any because ST has no taste when it comes to random PCs for testing, can you actually make male newmans? XP

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 20, 2006, 11:59 AM
for everyone who is taking this nda thing to seriously i wanted yall to know that i just went to so many other sites where people who got accepted are showing there stuff and theyre even using other people from other sites pics for their own fame and glory. and is any thing happening? huh huh?are they getting in trouble with "st"? Uh NO. Just act like there was no nda thing and do want you want to do, not what sega wants you to do.

Oji_Retta
Apr 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-04-20 09:59, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:
for everyone who is taking this nda thing to seriously i wanted yall to know that i just went to so many other sites where people who got accepted are showing there stuff and theyre even using other people from other sites pics for their own fame and glory. and is any thing happening? huh huh?are they getting in trouble with "st"? Uh NO. Just act like there was no nda thing and do want you want to do, not what sega wants you to do.

List please

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 20, 2006, 12:16 PM
On 2006-04-20 10:02, Oji_Retta wrote:

On 2006-04-20 09:59, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:

List please

look at this and read the whole thing
http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9923

the guy even says "screw the nda!"

all you have to do is google search psu beta screens
and you'll find tons of people who dont give a crap about a nda.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ziro_Natsuke on 2006-04-20 10:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ziro_Natsuke on 2006-04-20 10:22 ]</font>

xenokai
Apr 20, 2006, 12:19 PM
Anyone have a anwser for my questions? trying ot gte make to topic =/

xenokai
Apr 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
someoneplease just goto a library if your afraid to get banned =/ But im possitive you wont get banned because ive been in all kinda beta's EQ2, EQOA beta even older pso betas and i gave out info nothn happend. please we need some info =(

Sev
Apr 20, 2006, 01:00 PM
There's no need to pressure anyone into anything...

If they don't wanna post anything, then don't bother them to do so. It's only going to annoy the people who have the ability to play the game. If they wanna give out the information that's fine. If they don't, that's fine too. But ultimately it's their decission, and peer pressure is not the way to get them to change thier minds.

We'll know when we know after all.

xenokai
Apr 20, 2006, 01:05 PM
i just wanna know if its playable ona dial up connection since i cant get dsl or bb in the stix =/

Tomeeboy
Apr 20, 2006, 01:25 PM
Let's give this some time... I'm sure that all of the information people are looking for will gradually be made available. In addition, just because something does or does not work/exist in the beta, does not mean that is how it's going to be at release (such as network play over dialup). There are reasons why it's a beta, and one of those reasons is to improve things for the final release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DizzyDi
Apr 20, 2006, 01:44 PM
Are there still content IDs?

Sir_Laguna
Apr 20, 2006, 01:45 PM
Okay, here's some questions I have for those of you in the beta:

-How exactly do "teams" (games) work in PSU? For example, once you join one, are you instantly warped to the mission area?

-How does travel on the overworld work? Could I just walk outside the city and kill things if I wanted to, or do I have to warp to different areas like the PSOs of yore, with the towns acting as sort of a hub for different areas?

-Do you have to board ships to travel to different planets, or do you just warp there?

Perhaps I'll have more questions later, but I think that'll do for now. I'd ask how it is, but I think I know the answer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

(Please put in a guild system, ST, put in a guild system, put in a guild system, put in a guild system...

SSNX
Apr 20, 2006, 04:03 PM
What does the "Z," in the orange box next to the character status, indicate?
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/image/playguide/flow/game_04l.jpg

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 04:38 PM
Many people have asked control questions. I don't take part in the beta so I can't confirm it, but here is what I could translate from the official controls (sorry I don't know enough Kanji to translate everything)

My translation:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4864/psucontrols5wt.jpg

I think up and down is there for changing the technique/skill but I can't tell for sure. Need to get a pro on that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Original (Japanese):
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/image/playguide/operation/keyboard.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lux on 2006-04-20 14:47 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Apr 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
Nice, Lux! Perhaps one of our other resident translators can fill in the blanks. That would probably be a welcome addition to the menu translation thread, if it hasn't already bene posted there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kano-Okami
Apr 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
Are you guys noticing a slight collision detection problem? in the videos I've seen, the FOne's had atleast 2-3 foot distance from the enemies went they got p-mpslapped halfway across the screen. Is this some residual character default that they'll all share, you suppose?

Check video http://media.putfile.com/Psucb0420-2
and see time 1:12-1:14,
that attack shouldn't have connected.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-04-20 15:46 ]</font>

Kupi
Apr 20, 2006, 06:13 PM
That could be the result of latency issues... the client shows the player moving away per the player's input, while the server hasn't yet updated the player's position. Therefore, the server reports the attack connecting when the monster's attack lands on the player's old location.

Ryna
Apr 20, 2006, 06:13 PM
I'll try to answer a few questions without going too much into detail:

About Dialup, I tried this morning and would definitely recommend broadband if you can get it. When you have dozens of people in the lobby, dialup just doesn't cut it. However, that may change closer to release.

About Teams, I'm still figuring out how those are supposed to work. They work differently that in PSO.

When you move to a different planet, there is a brief FMV sequence.

As for the "Z", it is a new method for quickly checking mail and performing other social interactions.

On 2006-04-20 10:16, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:
[quote]

Heh..that example didn't quite work out.

Oji_Retta
Apr 20, 2006, 06:14 PM
You're right. It seems like it shouldn't have.

kyori
Apr 20, 2006, 06:21 PM
I've figured out teams Ryda, we can discuss more online tonight or check your pm.

Cryo_
Apr 20, 2006, 06:41 PM
Could anybody give us some information about the "breakable" weapons?

xenokai
Apr 20, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-04-20 16:13, Ryna wrote:
I'll try to answer a few questions without going too much into detail:

About Dialup, I tried this morning and would definitely recommend broadband if you can get it. When you have dozens of people in the lobby, dialup just doesn't cut it. However, that may change closer to release.

About Teams, I'm still figuring out how those are supposed to work. They work differently that in PSO.

When you move to a different planet, there is a brief FMV sequence.

As for the "Z", it is a new method for quickly checking mail and performing other social interactions.

On 2006-04-20 10:16, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:
[quote]

Heh..that example didn't quite work out.

With dial up what happend did it lag you off the game? how did it play?

Zinger314
Apr 20, 2006, 07:23 PM
Alright, statistics nerd time:

What's the stats difference between the Races?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 20, 2006, 07:25 PM
On 2006-04-20 17:23, Zinger314 wrote:
Alright, statistics nerd time:

What's the stats difference between the Races?

Good question, all that I've seen so far in the pics that have been posted are Humans and Numen. Nobody wants to make Beasts and Casts?

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 07:46 PM
I also wonder whether there are stat differences depending on your gender

Tomeeboy
Apr 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
About Dialup, I tried this morning and would definitely recommend broadband if you can get it.

Keep in mind, connecting to a Japanese-based server via dialup could be drastically different than connecting to a US-based server http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nisshoku
Apr 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
Well, I know if/when I get into the closed Beta, I'll be making a Cast, for sure. As for pics? I'll wait for that.

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
On 2006-04-20 17:57, Tomeeboy wrote:

About Dialup, I tried this morning and would definitely recommend broadband if you can get it.

Keep in mind, connecting to a Japanese-based server via dialup could be drastically different than connecting to a US-based server http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As well as the idea of playing a MMORPG (at least in the lobbies) is a hilarous idea with a 56k.

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
On 2006-04-20 18:00, -Nisshoku- wrote:
Well, I know if/when I get into the closed Beta, I'll be making a Cast, for sure. As for pics? I'll wait for that.

same here. i'm planning to make a cast as my first/beta character.

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 10:06 PM
Also cast here. Cast for the win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Apr 20, 2006, 10:14 PM
On 2006-04-20 17:11, xenokai wrote:
With dial up what happend did it lag you off the game? how did it play?

When you first enter the lobby, other players look like ghosts. As you receive model data, the game converts each "ghost" into a fully-outfitted model. In a crowded lobby with a 56k connection, loading up all of the models takes an extremely long time. Also, there were some latency issues where people would jump around the screen as they moved. There were a couple of instances where people were saying "Follow me!" and I lost track of them fairly easily.

In battle, there was a long delay between when a hit would connect and the damage would register. That caused the monsters to live longer than they should have.

OdinTyler
Apr 20, 2006, 10:28 PM
So Ryna, what you're saying could answer a problem addressed earlier about hits connecting to enemies. Seeing as how the trial is new, maybe certain problems are occurring due to a connection issue? If this continues, someone should really let ST know. Better it be fixed now than be a problem when we all get to play.

Ryna
Apr 20, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-04-20 20:28, OdinTyler wrote:
So Ryna, what you're saying could answer a problem addressed earlier about hits connecting to enemies. Seeing as how the trial is new, maybe certain problems are occurring due to a connection issue? If this continues, someone should really let ST know. Better it be fixed now than be a problem when we all get to play.

I believe that problem was about the freaky collision detection. I experienced that too. I'm sure it'll be brought up once the JP BBS goes live.

OdinTyler
Apr 20, 2006, 10:40 PM
I know. So do you think it's a connection problem for the collision detection or more a software issue that needs reprogramming?

voxie
Apr 20, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-04-20 20:32, Ryna wrote:
I believe that problem was about the freaky collision detection. I experienced that too. I'm sure it'll be brought up once the JP BBS goes live.

Oh, I think the BBS is live now... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/support/aboutbbs.html

Ryna
Apr 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-04-20 20:40, OdinTyler wrote:
I know. So do you think it's a connection problem for the collision detection or more a software issue that needs reprogramming?

In my case, it was a combination of collision detection and latency. As soon as I get back on my broadband connection, I'll see if the bugs are present under those circumstances.

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 10:45 PM
My bet is on connection issues, then again I may be wrong.

OdinTyler
Apr 20, 2006, 10:48 PM
Well, as I said, best it be found out now before it gets released. I've known beta testers on another game that seemed to just do it for the chance to play in advance. They didn't seem the types to report errors (irresponsible). I don't think that will be the case here tho.

Calibur
Apr 20, 2006, 11:10 PM
Does the "Resta" or healing, works the same as PSO?

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 11:18 PM
No. It's bound to a Force weapon. These weapons again have PP to use. You'll have to switch to that weapon for healing it seems

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 11:21 PM
im not sure i like the "technique attatched to weapon" thing but ill give it a chance. it would make sense for photon arts to be attatched to weapons but not techniques like foie and resta. that would make it too bad for forces....

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
Bad for Forces? Makes it bad for Non-Forces I think. Changing the weapon to some rod just to heal then switch back... Are you even able to equip Force weapons when in Hunter/Ranger-Mode? Heck..

xenokai
Apr 20, 2006, 11:47 PM
ryna what speed does ur modem connect at? also sorry to bug you but did you ever get disconnected? I just wanna be able to play PSU im sure in game with just 6 people is fine? I played ffxi for 2 years on dial up and it ran the same as my friend 2 meg dsl connection.

xenokai
Apr 20, 2006, 11:49 PM
Oh hey post your pc specs? and how well it runs on ur pc?

vitius137
Apr 20, 2006, 11:49 PM
seeing as the beta uses japanese servers the beta connection will obviously differ from the final results.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 21, 2006, 04:21 AM
How low of specs does this run on? I've got 64mb integrated graphics and only 512mb of RAM, am I out? :/

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 21, 2006, 04:22 AM
you might be able to play at minimum settings and 10 FPS

beatrixkiddo
Apr 21, 2006, 04:25 AM
That sounds comforting.

Ryna
Apr 21, 2006, 05:25 AM
On 2006-04-20 21:47, xenokai wrote:
ryna what speed does ur modem connect at?

It connects at 53333.

You maybe able to get by with dialup, but the experience will greatly improved with broadband.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-21 03:25 ]</font>

Halcyon17
Apr 21, 2006, 05:40 AM
hit/units exist ;o inazuma just translated the unit shop

ulyoth
Apr 21, 2006, 05:48 AM
Do the new casts all look humanoid-ish or can you make more traditional looking ones.

Lux
Apr 21, 2006, 08:15 AM
They can look very traditional. Just check out the download section of pso-world! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 21, 2006, 08:17 AM
Has anyone tried making DBZ like characters? Should we be panicing over seeing multiple sephiroths and such?

butzopower
Apr 21, 2006, 01:14 PM
That's given no matter what. VashTheStampedes seem out of style, though.

Lux
Apr 21, 2006, 01:33 PM
Just need spiky hair and wooom you get a SSJ 12 Sepiroth army. Great.

Sev
Apr 21, 2006, 01:46 PM
Well it depends. We don't know if generally many people in Japan do that. I don't go actively looking for anyone that's name sharing anyway. That does bring up a point on names, can you have spaces in them?

And also, I asked this in the picture thread for proof but asking would work too. In the Beast ear selection, do you get cat ears?

They don't have tails do they? O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-04-21 13:37 ]</font>

PhotonCat
Apr 21, 2006, 05:07 PM
I'm wondering about names too.
Can names be shared? As in, can anyone have the same name? Or is it "first come, first serve" with names?
What is the letter min/max?

And about playing with Dial-up - I am sure if you have a decent system you should be able to connect and load up things ok. I am sure there will be US servers (I hope) because connecting to JP servers causes huge latency.

vitius137
Apr 21, 2006, 05:28 PM
On 2006-04-21 11:46, Sev wrote:
Well it depends. We don't know if generally many people in Japan do that. I don't go actively looking for anyone that's name sharing anyway. That does bring up a point on names, can you have spaces in them?

And also, I asked this in the picture thread for proof but asking would work too. In the Beast ear selection, do you get cat ears?

They don't have tails do they? O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-04-21 13:37 ]</font>

if there are cat ears im 110% being beast :3

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
lol whats so great about cat ears?

Wavey
Apr 21, 2006, 05:36 PM
cats... and eats! need I say more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 21, 2006, 05:40 PM
Did they add movement while in FPS mode?

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 21, 2006, 05:45 PM
there has to be movement that just wouldnt be cool if you have to stand still while you aim

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
I'm also wondering about bunny hopping...but i doubt they'd go that far into first person shooters.

vitius137
Apr 21, 2006, 05:50 PM
you can move while shooting but not in first person view. im guessing the movement keys are used to aim.

vitius137
Apr 21, 2006, 05:51 PM
i hope you can move or do other hing but actually im not sure @_@

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-21 15:52 ]</font>

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 21, 2006, 05:55 PM
it dont really matter to me as i dont plan on primarily using guns.at least for my first char.

Zarode
Apr 21, 2006, 06:03 PM
I have a question on the voices. Have you guys figured out if you can turn off or lower the sound on the voice thing? It's nice that our characters get a little more character to them, but after getting to the third area, wherever that be, and hearing that voice over and over...

It could get on my nerves.

OdinTyler
Apr 21, 2006, 06:04 PM
If I heard it right, pitch of the voice can be adjusted. That makes for ALOT of possibilities.

chichiri99
Apr 21, 2006, 06:16 PM
also I expect that when you play with others there will be a nice mix of voices http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xenokai
Apr 21, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-04-21 03:25, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-04-20 21:47, xenokai wrote:
ryna what speed does ur modem connect at?

It connects at 53333.

You maybe able to get by with dialup, but the experience will greatly improved with broadband.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-21 03:25 ]</font>
hmm nice dial up speed i get one at around 46.6k but i played ffxi on am uch lower connection im just hoping they make it officaly support dial up. Maybe you oculd try played in dial up some more after the big beta rush is over? All MMORPGS are usally flooded with peopel the first 3-4 days that could really slow any connection to the server down.
Do the report as online movemt? (Example: On guild wars if your connection would lag (rarely) t would warp the char back a few step because it its running online)
Or is it Like PSO BB where just the char and wep is saved to the server and run threw you pc?

Kimil
Apr 21, 2006, 06:29 PM
I have a question as well, what is the Weapon Tree Like? How do your stats grow?

mechatra
Apr 21, 2006, 06:42 PM
I'm quite looking forward to seeing what kind of voices people come up with..

But you know I can just see some people making characters and voices just to annoy other players ¬_¬

I'm hoping to give my first character a voice not unlike Nobuyuki Hiyama's work on Adult Link.
^_^

Brus
Apr 21, 2006, 06:49 PM
So is there any answer if there are widescreen resolutions available? I'd be very sad if that's a negative.

chichiri99
Apr 21, 2006, 06:52 PM
I recall the sega-link site saying that people who registered to sega-link before a certain date would recieve a special item on their PSU character, did those who registered in time and are on the beta recieve it or will this be given for the REAL game?

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 21, 2006, 06:54 PM
yeah so do you get to chose was class you lvl first or how does that work?

DarK-SuN
Apr 21, 2006, 06:55 PM
It's a negative, there are no widescreen resolutions available, unfortunately.

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
Okay, quick question here.

Can pistols be dual wielded?

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 06:16 PM
if a handgun and sword can be duel wielded im sure 2 handguns can be duel wielded.

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the reply but it's not a solid answer.
To be honest I'm not too fussed about it, it's just that a friend of mine is dying to know. SO I'm hoping a beta tester can answer me. ST have said that the left hand will be used for handguns ect, so he's unsure.

Still thanks for trying to help.
^_^

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 03:55 PM
On 2006-04-22 16:20, mechatra wrote:
Thanks for the reply but it's not a solid answer.
To be honest I'm not too fussed about it, it's just that a friend of mine is dying to know. SO I'm hoping a beta tester can answer me. ST have said that the left hand will be used for handguns ect, so he's unsure.

Still thanks for trying to help.
^_^

http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/3596/weap24zb.th.jpg (http://img416.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weap24zb.jpg)
this was posted in one of the other threads. clearly there are dual handguns and i think when you get weapons they are right or left hand type. you have to get one left hand type and one right hand type handgun (from what i know)

Spellbinder
Apr 23, 2006, 04:12 PM
I want to know more about the Technics. I already know that they are bound to staffs and wands and such, but are there any magic users out there who've been leveling up Force skills to give their opinion on how the Technic system handles compared to the Technique spamming we're all used to in the PSO series?

Inazuma
Apr 23, 2006, 04:52 PM
i think im the only one using techs -_-;

ill try to explain all i learned about techs from my total 2 hours of psu exp.

i created a female newman and besides a basic saber and handgun, i started w/ a staff w/ foie set to it. i keep on using foie and it was leveling as i used it.

and then recently i went to the shop and found the guy selling techs. there was stuff like foie, rafoie, barta, rabarta, resta, some new tech called regene i think. i dont remember seeing any gi techs. anyway, i bought resta for 800 meseta.

i found the resta in my inventory and selected the top option. not sure what it said cuz i couldnt read it but i think it was "learn". a sound effect and some lights went around my char.

after that i selected my staff and set the resta to the open slot on it.

once it was set to the staff, i could cast resta by just pressing that button. level 1 resta was even able to heal other players, recovering somewhere around 65 HP i think. but the range was very small.

foie randomly sets monsters on fire. it will continue to slowly damage them until it wears off. btw, i was also set on fire by some fire breathing dragons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

i met another magic user who had barta. it would hit enemies in a straight line and also have a chance to freeze them.

thats about all i learned in my short playtime. if i get further chances to play, i will continue to learn about techs cuz thats what im most interested in myself.

Shade-
Apr 23, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-04-23 13:55, vitius137 wrote:
http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/3596/weap24zb.th.jpg (http://img416.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weap24zb.jpg)
this was posted in one of the other threads. clearly there are dual handguns and i think when you get weapons they are right or left hand type. you have to get one left hand type and one right hand type handgun (from what i know)

First, I'm failry positive that the second row first columm weapon is the photon axe (it was in the "Battle of..." video, and was clearly an axe). as for the other one labled photon whip... that's... intresting? Anyway, second column, second row from the bottom, could that be? a slicer? if not, does anyone know what it is? and can someone confirm that the item next to that is a grenade? and then next to that looks like a mechgun to me. I'm hoping there isn't a dual weild setup in that pic for mechguns yet because the player dosen't have a single menghun yet, same with the wand.

mechatra
Apr 23, 2006, 06:14 PM
I was just watching one of Parns vids again, and I just thought of something...

I get the feeling that Photon arts for melee weapons can be comboed. Notice that when Parn uses his spinning photon art, the button for it grays out right?

Well in the "Battle of" video you see Ethan using a photon art and during it the button doesn't get greyed out. Infact while watching I noticed he presses it again and does another action.

For example: Near the begining of the video we see a rapid downward thrust photon art for the spear.
To start the technique the player presses the photon art button. While the attack goes through the button stays lit. After the series of jabs we see him press the button again then Ethan seems to use another photon art right after as an add-on to the combo. After the Jabs he does a powerfull sideways swing.

Anyone else notice this? Now that I spotted it once I'm seeing it implemented loads on the "battle of" video.

OdinTyler
Apr 23, 2006, 08:23 PM
It's probably different PAs that are being linked together. In the demo you could link a regular 1h saber combo (3 hit) to a 1h saber combo (2 hit) that was more powerful. Keep in mind that was just your right hand. That's not counting the left hand or PAs...unless the 2 hit combo was a low-grade PA. The demo didn't specify that. Basically, I think PAs are going to be a key factor in combat & you learn how to improve them, including linking them together. That's my guess.

DizzyDi
Apr 23, 2006, 08:32 PM
I'm hoping. Cause Parn's video made combat look boring and repetitive. All he did was the same combo + that spinning PA. Whats up with that? I seriously hope theres more to combos. Maybe some room for improvization, custom-made combos and the like. Ya know?

OdinTyler
Apr 23, 2006, 08:40 PM
Well also keep in mind the longer you make a video, the more memory it will take up when you DL it. I'm sure we'll get some variety in the videos in terms of attacks, sooner or later. Right now, looking at any of the PAs, you can't help but stare in amazement. PS hasn't seen truly flashy combos like that since PSIV.

Kimil
Apr 23, 2006, 10:29 PM
Hmm, So, what DOES that Orange "Star" beside the party memeber's names mean anyway?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 23, 2006, 10:31 PM
It seems to denote the "leader" of the party.

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 10:32 PM
it seems....

Kimil
Apr 23, 2006, 10:34 PM
Sweet, that's what I though before the beta... cool, I was right afterall ^.^

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 04:42 AM
On 2006-04-23 13:55, vitius137 wrote:http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/3596/weap24zb.th.jpg (http://img416.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weap24zb.jpg)

Yes thankyou! Dual handguns! Now I'm officialy recharged with hype. Althought it may mean dual mechs. I'm more a fan of the DMC style dualies (or like desert eagles) Oh well.

But now for my question. How to the weapon grades of quality work?

I've seen various designs of the same weapon. Like those 2 different swords, one red/round, one blue/triangular. And I've seen s styles of sabers. All of the weapons I'e seen so far were green photon colored.

The way I understand it now, as you find weapons if higher quality their design changed. And the photon color changes based on elemental attributes.

I just find this a great improvemnt over pso, where the only change was the color of the blade. Correct?

Oji_Retta
Apr 24, 2006, 04:48 AM
I don't think the different shapes have anything to do with quality. I think its just variation so you don't get bored with the same look.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 04:53 AM
On 2006-04-22 16:20, mechatra wrote:ST have said that the left hand will be used for handguns ect, so he's unsure.
All they meant is when you combo a dager, saber, wand, etc with a handgun, the gun is just going to be on the left hand. It doesn't mean the right hand is for melee only. It just the simple way they set it up.

On 2006-04-24 02:48, Oji_Retta wrote:
I don't think the different shapes have anything to do with quality. I think its just variation so you don't get bored with the same look.

That's also just as good. Even better actually.

mechatra
Apr 24, 2006, 05:06 AM
I beg to differ about the look of the weapon. I believe that different shapes are essentially different weapons - which should make them stronger or weaker depending on the weapon.

On the gun shop screenshot we have it clearly lists at the top:

Sniper - 800
Blaster - 2000
Shooter? - 8600

They're all rifle types, but if they all looked the same then there would be no way to distinguish them whatsoever, considering that photon colours are now elemental affinities (something I really like the idea of) Weapon types seem they'll actually be properly represented

So a spear will look like a spear but a halberd will look like a halberd ect.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 05:09 AM
Yeah, but they'd still have the same attacks, just stronger numerical stats.

Like in PSO, the only difference between a sword and gigush was the color of the blade.
But in PSU, perhaps the difference is a new design.

either way eventually everyone will be walking around witht he same top grade weapons.

Parn
Apr 24, 2006, 08:23 AM
On 2006-04-23 18:32, DizzyDi wrote:
I seriously hope theres more to combos.
Nope. You have your regular attack button, and photon arts.

Oh and, I can confirm that you get more attacks as you use your photon arts. My combo with a single dagger is four regular hits, a spinning area of effect photon art that hits three times, then a final rolling type attack with a forward strike that sends all enemies in front of me flying away, for a total of eight hits.

Currently level 16 on my dagger special, so perhaps I'll see an additional attack at 20. We'll see.

mechatra
Apr 24, 2006, 08:28 AM
Hang on. Parn that final hit photon art you're talking about? Is that a new move that we havent seen yet? or is that the finishing strike of that spinning technique we've seen where you jump in the air and bring the dagger down?

Parn
Apr 24, 2006, 08:51 AM
It involves me rolling backwards on the ground away from the enemy, then quickly forward again to deliver a strike that sends enemies flying. No downward strike.

mechatra
Apr 24, 2006, 09:13 AM
Don't supose you could pop up a vid of you using it sometime soon enough could ya? the new pics are looking nice btw.

Oh is it me or do the cut in chats remind anyone of the facial expressions SIMs make?

Parn
Apr 24, 2006, 09:16 AM
I'll record it when the servers are back up, heh.

mechatra
Apr 24, 2006, 09:18 AM
Yays! cheers buddy ^_^

Photon arts have actually become one of my main interests in PSU. They're all just so nice and creative and flashy compared to the dregs of PSO.

lokin_modar
Apr 24, 2006, 09:28 AM
What is that item energy bar? Some kind of experience meter?? And how do you choose jobs? I wish to see a faq section for the game where they explain the game system. It seems so different from PSO. I heard you have to choose jobs before get the quests started... is it true?

mechatra
Apr 24, 2006, 09:35 AM
Lokin you already asked that question in another thread, and I answered it for you aswell. Go back and check it.

Jack
Apr 24, 2006, 10:01 AM
Are there any anti-aliasing/anistropic filtering settings in the game's options? I forced them on with ATI Tray Tools for PSO:BB, and I'd like to know if I can do it in the game properly this time round.

watashiwa
Apr 24, 2006, 10:13 AM
On 2006-04-21 16:55, DarK-SuN wrote:
It's a negative, there are no widescreen resolutions available, unfortunately.

This is most likely going to HAVE to change when released on XBox360. XBox360 minimum required support is 720p which is a widescreen mode.

Maybe after that's done, they'll release a PC patch to support it too?

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 10:59 AM
The hype from the PSU beta has snapped me back to reality from the insidious WoW... The spell is breaking!!!

I was wondering if any of you saintly videocapture people could get some more coverage on beasts and casts? I've only seen 1 Beta beast screen, and a small handful of casts...

Oh, also... Is there any degree of customization to the "cut-in chats"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-24 09:07 ]</font>

Lord_DS
Apr 24, 2006, 01:29 PM
Here is a few questions to the beta testers:

1. Can you give a name to your partner machinery or do they all have the same name or a special name for each players (i just think of it, the names may change when the pm evolve).

2. When you talk in town who can see what you tell? I there a shoot box which enables everyone in the town sector to see what you say? Or do only the persons around you can see what you tell?

3. When you use a Cut in Chat does all the persons around you see it or do you choose the person that can see it?

4. Is there a boss in the linear line?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-04-24 11:40 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hmm... I have another question...

Regarding the FO class- If I were to choose Force for my "job", and if I then equipped a melee weapon (let's say a spear, as someone said that they did so as a FO), would I be able to use techniques with that melee weapon? Or do I have to equip a FO weapon to use techniques at all? And if the latter, can I use photon arts with said weapon?

Also, are you able to change the bound techniques on a specific weapon at any time? Or rather, how does the process and system of binding a technique work?

Sorry if these questions have been answered already...

Oji_Retta
Apr 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
It seems to me that hunters can only use melee and a handgun from the pics and that rangers can use guns and a couple melee, and that forces can use handguns, a couple melee, and force weapons. It that correct?

Parn
Apr 24, 2006, 02:02 PM
Correct. There's some disparity going on regarding what can and can't be equipped, and it makes me wonder if this is both race and class dependant, since weapon usage capability is ranked.

Oji_Retta
Apr 24, 2006, 02:06 PM
I'd say that forces are strategically the best in PSU, at least the beta, since they can equip three different weapon types(by this I mean melee, gun, force) even if it is very limited in two of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-04-24 12:14 ]</font>

SSNX
Apr 24, 2006, 02:19 PM
On Class Customization (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2405) (if you zoom in to the pictures) you can see that Ethan can equip a Cane as a Hunter (and other weapons/classes), anyone on the beta got their class levels up high enough to test this?
They ether made it a lot easier on offline or you can equip items from other classes when you level them up (or the game got rebalanced).

Nedeti
Apr 24, 2006, 02:22 PM
i have seen some players around lv 20 doing it... but you can add skills to other weapons has well

Oji_Retta
Apr 24, 2006, 02:47 PM
That is a....relief. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-04-24 12:50 ]</font>

Shade-
Apr 24, 2006, 02:58 PM
All I want to be able to do is, have my cane/rod, cast some enhancing magic, enter a room, and volley some magic at the first wave. Not WTF pwn magic, because I'm not a all out Force syle character, but decent, and then change over to my axe/claws and start ripping stuff apart. If that is honestly too much to ask from this game then I'm going to be rather dissapointed. If it is that you can expand the classes as you progress (say, as I level up on my HU set, I'll eventually get access to canes so I can cast some midrange magic, while still having close combat weapons avalable) Then I'll be happy. But if they tell me it's impossible to hold a rod, cast a spell, and then change to an axe I'll not be very happy.

Zeota
Apr 24, 2006, 03:38 PM
Anyone here have the PSX controller USB adapters from RadioShack? If so, do they cause the game to crash within minutes of startup?

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-04-24 12:22, Nedeti wrote:
i have seen some players around lv 20 doing it... but you can add skills to other weapons has well

Wait wait... You mean Techniques? To melee weapons?

scott1114
Apr 24, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-04-24 13:38, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
Anyone here have the PSX controller USB adapters from RadioShack? If so, do they cause the game to crash within minutes of startup?

I got logitech and it works quite well, costs 20$

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 09:35 PM
So, can anyone read the PSU font yet?

Brus
Apr 24, 2006, 10:09 PM
OK, the question that everyone wants to know but forgot to ask (or not ahah). Is there XP LOSS WHEN YOU DIE? or a penalty of some sort? Sorry if i missed it.

Kupi
Apr 24, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-04-24 20:09, Brus wrote:
OK, the question that everyone wants to know but forgot to ask (or not ahah). Is there XP LOSS WHEN YOU DIE? or a penalty of some sort? Sorry if i missed it.

At the end of a mission, you receive a form of EXP that goes toward levelling up whichever Type you play the mission as. If anyone dies during the mission, that point total for the mission is reduced. (Four deaths in an early mission dropped the value from 700 to a mere 100.) There is no XP loss off of your accumulated total, but dying compulsively will still make it difficult to get better skills as fast.

Shade-
Apr 24, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-04-24 20:28, Kupi wrote:

On 2006-04-24 20:09, Brus wrote:

At the end of a mission, you receive a form of EXP that goes toward levelling up whichever Type you play the mission as. If anyone dies during the mission, that point total for the mission is reduced. (Four deaths in an early mission dropped the value from 700 to a mere 100.) There is no XP loss off of your accumulated total, but dying compulsively will still make it difficult to get better skills as fast.

if ANYONE in the team dies? wow, that's going to make playing with anyone with a griefer attitude very painfull. I can see trying to get you to work togther as a team, but sometimes people are just dumb/want to piss people off.

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-04-24 20:52, Shade- wrote:

if ANYONE in the team dies? wow, that's going to make playing with anyone with a griefer attitude very painfull. I can see trying to get you to work togther as a team, but sometimes people are just dumb/want to piss people off.

And then you start getting the leetests as well who won't play with you for the sake of "hurting their exp"... Then you won't be able to goof around and use a stag cuttlery in CCA as a RAmar without Bio bitching you out and calling you an idiot duper o.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-24 20:56 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Apr 24, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-04-24 19:35, _Tek_ wrote:
So, can anyone read the PSU font yet?
I can read them quite well, actually. I've got a long way to go with the Neudaiz font, but with Parum and Moatoob's fonts, I can read them pretty easily. Well, Parum's more so than Moatoob's, but I'm getting better at the latter.

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 10:56 PM
it will definately encourage FOs to heal teammates more.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 11:15 PM
I made just about every letter in paint from screenshots, and from some kinf of promotional hand bag, then I used em to make my sig.

I don't know about doing the beast font though, it seems more handwritten.

Brus
Apr 25, 2006, 01:40 AM
Another question...
How the heck does equipment work in the game? Is it like PSO? Weapon/armor/units/shield or is it drastically different?
AND are there telepipes/escapipes or an equivalent? Can you go to town during a mission?

mechatra
Apr 25, 2006, 03:56 AM
You can't go to town in the middle of a mission, but there are "rest stops" at certain points in the where you can restock on supplies.

lokin_modar
Apr 25, 2006, 07:15 AM
Does the game have a Section ID thing? If it does, how is it. If it doesn't how are we finding rares? Will everyone find the same rares?

OdinTyler
Apr 25, 2006, 08:51 AM
Mechatra, in these rest stops, is it just to buy supplies like mates & fluids or is there a mini-bank you can access that you can drop items into & it will send them to your bank? Otherwise, one could fill up quickly.

Parn
Apr 25, 2006, 08:56 AM
Not really. You have 60 slots, and there is no sign of finding weapons and armor all over the place. It's all item synthing stuff, some recovery items, and the occasional "rare" which has mostly been scape dolls. Moon atomizers seem to be super expensive now. Most of your money-making seems to be from completing missions with S rank. Monsters drop meseta, but it's infrequent and in small quantities.

Basically, there's no mini-bank that I've seen. It's not needed anyways, as the areas aren't excessively long. They're slightly adjusted every time you replay them, which is good since you'll replay them a lot.

OdinTyler
Apr 25, 2006, 09:11 AM
60 slots on your person??? WOW! NICE! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So sign of rares, but, you do find synthesis items most likely FOR making such items. Sounds good. I'm sure you guys are working up a list for what is used for what. From what I understand, rank seems to be similar to what I remember for PSO's challenge mode: staying alive, perhaps finishing in a certain timeframe, etc. Perhaps ST did this so players can focus more on completing the mission without having to worry about rares & you can do regular XP runs if you're interested in rare hunting? Interesting...

RFB
Apr 25, 2006, 09:20 AM
The 60 slots last a loooong while. In today's 6 hours, I have 22/60.
As Parn said, no weapon or armor drops, I've got a rare, but according to Inazumi's translation, it looks like it probably is a *drum roll* STAR ATOMIZER! Woot.

As for the ranks... I'd say it's determined, basically, by how many monsters of the total you've defeated. That, or Nish, Halcyon, Ryna, Inazumi and I are all kickass.

Lokin_Modar: no section ID whatsoever.

RoninJoku
Apr 25, 2006, 09:40 AM
Ok, I have a few questions now that I'm hoping get answered this time, so I will put it in a very simple and noticeable manner...

1)Are Cut-in chats customizable in any way?

2)Can you use basic melee attacks on Force weapons? (i.e. swing a cane)

3)Can you bind different attacks/techniques to weapons that already have slots bound? At any time?

4)Can Force characters use Photon Arts on melee weapons?

5)Has the "free game" concept of PSO been completely abolished with mission mode? Is there any way the game can assist you in finding a group if you are just looking to meet people?

6)Can anyone cater my intense craving to see Cast Beast and male Human/Newman character creation videos (Not so much a question, but a starving request?

Please... Shower us with your fortune! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
Apr 25, 2006, 09:56 AM
On 2006-04-25 07:40, RurouniJoku wrote:
1)Are Cut-in chats customizable in any way?

2)Can you use basic melee attacks on Force weapons? (i.e. swing a cane)

3)Can you bind different attacks/techniques to weapons that already have slots bound? At any time?

4)Can Force characters use Photon Arts on melee weapons?

5)Has the "free game" concept of PSO been completely abolished with mission mode? Is there any way the game can assist you in finding a group if you are just looking to meet people?

6)Can anyone cater my intense craving to see Cast Beast and male Human/Newman character creation videos (Not so much a question, but a starving request?

1. Not that I've seen. You can choose from several Cut-In-Chats depending on the situation.

3. You can change the Photon Arts that are associated with a weapon at any time.

5. It seems the "Free Game" concept has been abolished. However, you are still free to join teams that are already in missions.

Polly
Apr 25, 2006, 10:08 AM
And then you start getting the leetests as well who won't play with you for the sake of "hurting their exp"... Then you won't be able to goof around and use a stag cuttlery in CCA as a RAmar without Bio bitching you out and calling you an idiot duper o.o

Therefore turning PSU into any other ol MMO where everyone is uptight all the time.

5. It seems the "Free Game" concept has been abolished. However, you are still free to join teams that are already in missions.

Not that this game still isn't appealing or doesn't sound great, but it seems like they're taking a lot of the chill-out, no-pressure, fun stuff out that made PSO addicting in the first place.

Parn
Apr 25, 2006, 10:09 AM
1. Not at all. You can choose different moods and choose from four different angles for each mood, but that's it.

2. No idea. I would assume a no, since you only have two action keys to work with, period. If you could attack with a force weapon, that leaves you with only one action key free.

3. You can link/unlink photon arts to weapons whenever you want, though they seem to be weapon specific. As for techs, I do not know.

4. Yes, though it is unknown if they can level up photon arts. Razon was having issues leveling his dagger.

5. Yes, the free-game system is gone. Everything is mission based. You still join games in-progress if you choose to do so, but mission completion reward is based on when you came into the game and how much you took part in (which makes sense).

6. We'll see.

Ryna
Apr 25, 2006, 10:16 AM
On 2006-04-25 08:08, Neiclaes wrote:
Not that this game still isn't appealing or doesn't sound great, but it seems like they're taking a lot of the chill-out, no-pressure, fun stuff out that made PSO addicting in the first place.

If you want to "chill-out," stay in the lobby and talk to friends. The missions are short and the combat is fairly involved.

Parn
Apr 25, 2006, 10:19 AM
I think people are just misinterpreting things. Honestly, a mission run on Parum on beta is akin to "Lost Heat Sword" on PSO. *shrug*

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 25, 2006, 10:23 AM
On 2006-04-25 07:56, Ryna wrote:

As long as you can still joing games in progress, I'm fine with how it works.... Everyone mostly did missions in pso anyway...

fumatanera
Apr 25, 2006, 10:26 AM
about slots on weps, are there always the same amount of slots or do different weps have more or less slots? i'm mostly thinking about FO and tech slots, how many techs can you have on a signle wep and are there weps that will have more slots?

Polly
Apr 25, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-04-25 08:16, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-04-25 08:08, Neiclaes wrote:

If you want to "chill-out," stay in the lobby and talk to friends. The missions are short and the combat is fairly involved.

You don't have to be in a lobby chatting to "chill-out." That's exactly the attitude I'm talking about.

There are plenty of games where one can be in-game and still just play for fun. The combat being involving doesn't have much to do with chilling out if you're playing for fun after work or something.

All I'm saying is that the new system is gonna make for an uptight environment with a lot of people being fairly prick-ish on/after missions if things don't always go their way. Something I see in pretty much any MMO. Not really something I ran into a lot on PSO even in C-Mode, but whatever.

RoninJoku
Apr 25, 2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks for answering my questions guys! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Though I would like someone who plays a FO to clarify some things...

And I agree... As long as you can join missions while in progress, it won't really hurt the PSO environment I love... Now I can make a game with myself when nobody is on AND be in a mission while I wait for someone to hopefully join me... As opposed to being limited to playing Forest, Mines, CCA (damn 2-person door switches)...

Shade-
Apr 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
I dont see the up-tight attitude being any worse than it was before/has naturally evolved to. I think you are taking the term "mission" too seriously. It's basicly the same as a free run in PSO, but now you get a reward at the end for completing it. An from what has been said, the missions aren't scored on time or actual preformance, it's scored on completion percent. I can see if all of them are based on time, things would become problematic, but i think it will keep the laid back feel it always had. Now, I think it would be nice to have a few of them be timed, just for a change of pace and to actually have some presured situations, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Kupi
Apr 25, 2006, 12:52 PM
Any word on buying new clothes? Has anyone seen someone walking around with a non-standard outfit?

Ryna
Apr 25, 2006, 12:59 PM
On 2006-04-25 10:52, Kupi wrote:
Any word on buying new clothes? Has anyone seen someone walking around with a non-standard outfit?

All of the clothing shops are currently closed.

Sessilu
Apr 25, 2006, 01:14 PM
Sorry if this has been asked again, but, any word on the vehicles?

Ryna
Apr 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
On 2006-04-25 11:14, Sessilu wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked again, but, any word on the vehicles?

I haven't seen any usable vehicles yet. However, we know they will be in the game.

fumatanera
Apr 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
do the missions progress like a story ( or even like PSO where you have to complete forest to access caves, etc.) or can you choose from a number of missions at the beginning and start anywhere you like?

Velocity_7
Apr 25, 2006, 01:20 PM
Currently the system is a lot like just doing quests along the lines of say, Yogurting. There isn't anything that moves the story at this time.

Sir_Laguna
Apr 25, 2006, 02:46 PM
About the flow of quests....

1.) Is there any walking outside of town to get to the overworld, or do you just warp to an area upon starting a quest?

2.) Is there any travelling done from towns to dungeons, and vice versa? Do you have to run back to town upon mission completion, or are you just warped back?

3.) Is it possible that travel between towns on one planet might be done via the overworld?

The last two questions are partially meant to probe the purpose of vehicles. If the dungeons are going to be relatively short and require no actual travelling to get to, then why have them?

Ryna
Apr 25, 2006, 03:06 PM
On 2006-04-25 12:46, Sir_Laguna wrote:
1.) Is there any walking outside of town to get to the overworld, or do you just warp to an area upon starting a quest?

2.) Is there any travelling done from towns to dungeons, and vice versa? Do you have to run back to town upon mission completion, or are you just warped back?

3.) Is it possible that travel between towns on one planet might be done via the overworld?

1. You warp to the area upon starting the quest. Depending on the quest you want to play, there maybe a lot of walking involved to get to the quest counter.

2. After going through a series of quests, you typically just take a warp back to town.

3. Possibly. There is no way of knowing at this point. You'll probably see this come up in the offline portion of the game.

Kimil
Apr 25, 2006, 11:49 PM
1) When Using Cut In Chat, does the character's face move at all? And how many faces can enter the screen at once?

2) How Massive ARE the towns? Is each town different from the next? And does every message written by anyone in the town spam your screen? Or do the messages of the ppl near by only?

3) Is it still Possible to join Random Games of ppl you don't know still?

4) How Many Characters Can you have so far? And How do you trade Items between them?

5) What did the 'my room' feature turn out like? Is it useful At all?

vitius137
Apr 26, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-04-25 21:49, Kimil wrote:
1) When Using Cut In Chat, does the character's face move at all? And how many faces can enter the screen at once?

2) How Massive ARE the towns? Is each town different from the next? And does every message written by anyone in the town spam your screen? Or do the messages of the ppl near by only?

3) Is it still Possible to join Random Games of ppl you don't know still?

4) How Many Characters Can you have so far? And How do you trade Items between them?

5) What did the 'my room' feature turn out like? Is it useful At all?

im gonna submit my guesses to those since im bored....
1. the faces move although not very much. 4 different cut ins can be on screen at once (remember these are just guesses)
2.towns are all diferent from each other and match the the planet that they are on. areas are 4 floors big and id say about.... 4-5 times larger than the old ones. messages are only from people loaded on your screen (do not appear as not ghosts)
3.it is possible to join random games
4. you can make 4... characters but you can not trade between them
5. your room is only useful for keeping your Partner Machinery or inviting friends to show them your furniture.

ill have fun finding out which of these i actually got right ^_^

oShojino
Apr 26, 2006, 01:46 AM
1. Cut in chat is intiated by hitting tab + enter while in typing mode (hitting space). Then you use the arrow keys to select a face. You must type something (whether it be a blank space or words) in order to use cut in chat. The faces appear with prerendered looks, they dont move to that position.. however you can rotate the angle that you see the face, I forget the key to do that though.

2. I've made a video tour of all five floors of the guardians colony, expect to see it shortly; It will give you an idea of how big the Guardians Colony is. Parum is about a 1/4th the size of the guardians colony, but its still pretty big. Also there are special maps in between mission completions.. in the guardians colony case they're seperate parts of the colony... in the planets case they tend to be outposts in the wild... in any case its pretty immersive.

3. You can join random games provided they are not locked.

4. I think you can make 5 or 6, I know its at least 4 though.

5. The myroom feature is prety interesting, I havent toyed around with it alot but so far its got places for statues/furniture.. your PM.. its got a dressing room... and when you leave you can choose where in the guardian colony you exit. It has a very intimate feeling, among the sprawling cities of PSU.

mechatra
Apr 26, 2006, 05:49 AM
I think ST have said that you can have up to 4 characters on one account.

Oh also you can trade between characters. Well at least we've been told you can. I think it's due to the fact that your characters share a room and the room works slightly similarly to the bank in PSO except since it's shared with all chars, they all have access to the items in it.

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
Ok, I have a question.

You can change your job. This has been found. Now, when you change your job what exactly happens?

Let's say you were a Ranger, and got your Ranger Job level fairly decent. If you change your job, your stats do NOT carry over correct?

Also, does your Ranger job level would stay the same if you changed to a Force. Even though you changed your job to Force level 1, if you change back to Ranger you would still have your origional job levels and stats?

Could anyone clarify this for me?

Parn
Apr 26, 2006, 11:39 AM
Whatever levels you get on a class remain no matter what you switch to. Also, your stats do not carry over.

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 12:09 PM
So basically when you switch from one job to the next, you basically went from being a level 20 Hunter to a level 1 Ranger? However, the stats and levels you gained are kept on the job. So you can have a level 30 Force, level 15 Hunter, and level 25 Ranger to switch to and from?

Parn
Apr 26, 2006, 12:11 PM
Correct. Your character level and your class level are seperate items. My character for example, is a level 4 hunter, level 1 force, and level 1 ranger as a level 20 character. I'm nearing level 5 hunter, and those hunter levels have increased my HP and attack power. No sign of higher rank with weapons yet.

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 12:16 PM
And now I'm not sure which stats you're saying don't carry over. For instance, your character level, the one that levels up by EXP. Is that a constant no matter which Type you switch to? If you level up to 20 as a Ranger, then switch to Force, are you de-levelled to level 1 (and return to level 20 if you go back to Ranger)? I guess I'm asking if you're saying that the base levels for stats like ATA and MST don't carry over from the Type conversions. I realize that your current Type modifies your stats-- switching from Ranger to Force would lower your ATA and raise your MST, and vice-versa. But is there some kind of base stat derived from your EXP level, or what?

I think I'm starting to make this more complicated than it really is, so let's change tracks: any word on earth-elemental Techniques? Anyone been throwing stones around?

Parn
Apr 26, 2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, there's base stats derived from your character's current XP level. Your current XP level stays where it's at. Hunter, ranger, and force class make adjustments accordingly when you switch between them, but as you level up those classes, you get additional stats for them.

If I switched to force or ranger on my character, I'd still be level 20... but a level 1 force or level 1 ranger.

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 12:47 PM
So your Force and Ranger stats wouldn't be as great as they could be. It makes alot of sense. Now I like the idea a little better. It's moreso like training... Say you've been a Hunter all your life and you now want to try and become a Ranger. You have your basic ATA stats as is, and stats that were in other places now transfer to your ATA. It's not making you a complete gimped character, but it's showing that you don't have any type of Ranger Skills yet, just basic stats. As you work more as a Ranger, you become a better Ranger. So now you're both a Great Ranger and a Great Hunter but never both at the same time.

I guess this does kind of destroy the Hybrid classes though doesn't it? Well, not that I ever planned on being one anyway heh. Still, it doesn't make it impossible to do things as a different character type. I wonder if there will be any type of items that can modify your stats as they are. Have you seen anything pointing toward that?

And thanks for the answers by the way.

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah, this is some really useful info for planning how to level up.

Now I have to wonder if the weapon proficiencies and Photon Arts carry over at all. I'm sure this has already been asked in a million different ways, but just how "blacked out" are the off-Type weapons when you switch classes? Does the system give you any indication that certain weapon types are completely off-limits and will never be usable on your current Type? I remember seeing your post-mission screenshot (0004, I believe), and it seemed like there were some things that had ratings and some didn't, but nothing had a giant red X over it or anything. Can you elaborate on that point, or is it too soon to tell what translates?

And again, I apologize for bringing up what you've probably been asked far too many times already.

fumatanera
Apr 26, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-04-25 08:26, fumatanera wrote:
about slots on weps, are there always the same amount of slots or do different weps have more or less slots? i'm mostly thinking about FO and tech slots, how many techs can you have on a signle wep and are there weps that will have more slots?

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 01:19 PM
I'd just assume that certain weapons would be off limits. Someone said this before, but it's most likely the 2 handed weapons of a class that are off-limits.

I'm wondering if there will be other weapons with techs bound to them aside from just Fo weapons. I'd actually kind of doubt that, but at the same time wouldn't low level tech use be the same as using low level melee weapons? Then again.. Techs are all Forces have so I'd doubt it.

And for the Photon Arts thing, I'd guess if there's a melee weapon you get points with as a Force, you could use a Photon Art with it right?

I don't actually know anything, these are just my guesses.

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-04-26 11:19, Sev wrote:
I'd just assume that certain weapons would be off limits. Someone said this before, but it's most likely the 2 handed weapons of a class that are off-limits.

That was me, actually. XD

physic
Apr 26, 2006, 02:58 PM
so when you change jobs, does anything carry over, ie, lets say im a level 10 hunter, does being a level 5 ranger mean that i can equ some ranger gear, or use some guns? or does it just mean that if i change back to ranger ill still be level 5.
Essentially is their any advantage to leveling up jobs that wont be your main job, other than checking it out.

DamonKatu
Apr 26, 2006, 03:02 PM
*falls to the ground after reading 14 long pages*

Ok, we know of the controls on the keyboard but what about the controler if you play on Xbox 360 or PS2?

Shade-
Apr 26, 2006, 03:08 PM
yeah, is there an actual advantage to being a human and playing all 3 classes on that one character, or having a beast, new, and cast all doing thier specialty?

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 03:08 PM
Nope, nothing carries over. Basically I'd assume that licenses allow you to carry certain weapons. The higher your job level, the more access you have to weapons. Kupi is probably pretty much correct in saying, 2 handed weapons from another job will be off limits. Don't expect to use a Sword as a Ranger. Then again, I don't think a Partisan would be off limits. You could use 'em before right?

Also, only your base stats will seem to change when you change your job. If you are a level 10 Hunter then that is that. Your Ranger Job levels do not effect anything. Only your base level stats will change. Such as if you have high base ATP as a Beast, when you level Beast Hunter it will go up even higher. When you change to Ranger though, you're ATP would fall from what it was, and your ATA would increase. Did I make that too confusing?

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 03:13 PM
It depends on your play style. You can do whatever you want, even though stats will be different for each race at the end of every job. It's all about what you like. Who cares if Casts aren't great with Magic, if you wanna be a Cast Force do it.

It's up to the player to decide what they wanna be. But I would assume that even as a Cast FO, you'd be a bit better with guns right? If you think about things that way... It all depends and balances out depending on what you wanna do.

I think. It's just guesses. Sorry.

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 03:22 PM
While we're at this lvl discussion, I really hope they keep your character level cap at 200. IDK why I just like the higher numbers. I don't know about you but I'd much rathe say I'm lvl 180, than saying 90. Then again lvl cap is'nt known yet, but I hope they keep the old one

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 03:27 PM
We'll just have to see how far the people who are playing the beta push it. They're really pressed for time so I wouldn't see people getting too high though. It's possible that they may just stop at 100. But yeah, no one knows yet. I think we should capture a Sonic Team member and just interrogate the hell outta him.

Much eaiser to get information that way. Torture works too.

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 03:29 PM
LOL!!I'm for it!!! Time to pull out the whips!!

RoninJoku
Apr 26, 2006, 03:34 PM
I hope they kept the max at 200 too... Especially considering how quickly people got to level 20ish in the beta... I realize that the exp to level could easily increase dramatically, but the way it is going so far it just seems like leveling up is too fast if the max level is only 100...

For the sake of the fans... I don't think they will lower the level cap... Besides, if it is too easy to reach max-level, the game wouldn't hold people as well... And that would be bad for business...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-26 13:35 ]</font>

fumatanera
Apr 26, 2006, 03:40 PM
On 2006-04-26 10:21, Parn wrote:
Yes, there's base stats derived from your character's current XP level. Your current XP level stays where it's at. Hunter, ranger, and force class make adjustments accordingly when you switch between them, but as you level up those classes, you get additional stats for them.

If I switched to force or ranger on my character, I'd still be level 20... but a level 1 force or level 1 ranger.

so if you waited untill level 35 before you started to level up a second class, say you were a FO until then. and you decided to level up as a Ranger, then you would have higher stats than a level 20 char starting as a ranger at the same time becuase you base stats have been raised, is that right?

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-04-26 13:34, RurouniJoku wrote:
I hope they kept the max at 200 too... Especially considering how quickly people got to level 20ish in the beta... I realize that the exp to level could easily increase dramatically, but the way it is going so far it just seems like leveling up is too fast if the max level is only 100...

For the sake of the fans... I don't think they will lower the level cap... Besides, if it is too easy to reach max-level, the game wouldn't hold people as well... And that would be bad for business...

I thought this atfirst aswell, but then I thought "Maybe ST was trying to make people not worry about their Avatars lvl as much as their job lvl" IDK! I just hope the lvl cap stays200 and the job lvl cap. OOOH I forgot about that. What do you guys think the job lvl cap will be?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-26 13:35 ]</font>

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 04:20 PM
Two questions about Techniques:

First, a reiteration of my previous one. Earth Techs. Do they exist?

Second, a question on Tech resistances. Naturally, it's still early in the game, so I won't even question how it'll work out in the late-game, but does it seem that the Techs are more interchangable now? In PSO, there was always an element you could hit them with to actually do damage, an element that would at least give you something, and an element that was just stupid to use for every given enemy. With the way the shield line system works and enemies having the little colored dot next to their names, is it more along the lines of "everything works BUT this"? For instance, an enemy that you could hit with Zonde or Barta to maximum effect, but which Foie attacks just bounce off?

And about the Shield Line System: is there an equipment slot for that, or are all defenses based off of the character's stats and nothing else?

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 04:26 PM
Screenshot, What was the monster that did 500+ damage to you in screnshot 96?

RoninJoku
Apr 26, 2006, 04:36 PM
Wow, that last video looked really hectic... Which got me wondering... With 6 people on the team, there is bound to be alot of varying damage flying all over the place... And in PSO, this could potentially be a problem due to damage cancelling... Now I'm assuming they would have fixed that problem a bit (especially since they even allow 6man parties), but has anyone noticed any evidence of damage cancelling???

Jozon
Apr 26, 2006, 04:57 PM
How do they play, are they like Humans before they transform, but less force abilities, or do they play like casts, but instead of SUV weapons, they can nano blast. My main question is how do they play, I'm mostly a melee type of guys and I was thinking beast or cast, and was wondering how each play in the new version compared to each other.

Hotsuma
Apr 27, 2006, 03:43 PM
This has probably been adressed but... From what I've seen Casts don't have HP regen anymore, is it my imagination or is this fact? Also, is there anythig like that anymore in PSU, like race specific abilities noy pertaining to the already known nanoblast and SUV-weapons. It's kind of disappointing if casts lost HP regen, but I guess it would make sense if they can use resta now. Do newman's even regen anything like the PP they use for techs? And I think that instead of seeing an army of SSJ 10 Sephiroth's we'll see a an army of Travis Barkers with that mohawk hair style lol.

ShadowDragon28
May 2, 2006, 01:01 PM
Is it possible to somehow change the photon energy color on weapons?

Like say you have a sword with a blue body with a green blade, can the energy blade be changed/upgraded to be Blue colored energy or dark photon energy (purple colored energy blade)?

mechatra
May 2, 2006, 01:24 PM
I can answer the photon colour question.

Weapons are bought or found with different colours. The different colour photons refer to different elemental affinities.

I'm assuming that you could maybe synth an item with some other things to get a new item with a different affinity, but apart from that I dont think you can change the element of the weapon.