PDA

View Full Version : Can't type

Shar
Apr 20, 2006, 08:00 AM
I bet you all know these issues from PSOBB JP.
I can't seem to get it fixed this time, though. I have installed the East Asian languages and added Japanese under Text services.
I tried the alt+`, but it didn't work either.

Help me? ._.''

EDIT: Eh.. should've posted under Tech Support. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shar on 2006-04-20 06:02 ]</font>

SSNX
Apr 20, 2006, 08:11 AM
Try using window mode and the language bar.

Shar
Apr 20, 2006, 08:15 AM
Well, I was trying to get it working in window mode all the time using the language bar, but I failed.

NiuBalkrye
Apr 22, 2006, 03:23 AM
Howdy guys. I'm sort of a re-newb to PSOW. (I had an account back in the days of PSO on the DC.)

Anyways, I figure since there's already a "Can't Type" topic, there wasn't need for me to create a new one.

I've tried the IME method for logging in, and when I switch to the Japanese input, a little box appears near the ID box with the letters "a abc" but still can't type. Am I on the right path?

Niu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-04-22 01:25 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 22, 2006, 03:31 AM
If you've installed the east asian language support and jp keyboard, i'm not sure what can be done. You may have to pass on this beta unless you're willing to take the time and buy the windows JP version. Not quite sure how your installation is different from ours since it worked for me on the first try. (typing that is, i'm still looking for an account to actually use.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-22 01:31 ]</font>

NiuBalkrye
Apr 22, 2006, 03:50 AM
Got it figured out!
First get the IME stuff installed. If you already have it installed go to Control Panel>Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options>Regional and Language Options>Languages> in the Text Services And Input Languages, click Details.

Now click the Advanced Tab> Then there's a box that says "Compatibility Configuration "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs" Click it. Apple, Reboot, and then you'll be able to type in at the log in screen. Not sure about any further, as soon as I got that far, I decided to post it ASAP.

Another way to get to it, is right click on your Language Bar>Settings>Advanced>"Compatibility Configuration "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs" Click, apply and reboot.

Have fun!
Niu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-04-22 01:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-04-22 01:57 ]</font>

Shar
Apr 22, 2006, 05:28 AM
Ah, sorry I forgot to post.
Yes, I had the same thing NiuBalkrye, thanks anyway.

I hope this helps others, too.

-Adin-
Apr 22, 2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks NiuBalkrye, I had the same issue. You saved the day for me. No thanks to shar who only helped herself.