PDA

View Full Version : Improved graphics for the PC?

Omega_Nova
Apr 20, 2006, 06:50 PM
If there is one thing that the Xbox 360 release has got me excited about, it's improved graphics. The idea that the PC would sport a higher polygon count was slim with the PS2 being the main release, however I doubt they'll use PS2 graphics on the 360, any chance there will be a higher polygon count on the PC release now?

voxie
Apr 20, 2006, 06:56 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the graphically superior version would be the PC version, of course, it's expected. With 360 who knows? But yeah, PSU looks polygon-heavy, so I won't be buying the PS2 version for expected lag and graphical sacrifices... :/ lol well y bro has a 360 anyhow...

voxie
Apr 20, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ah, here's where I read that: http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/650/650101p1.html (last September!)

"IGN: What advantages will the PC version have over the PS2 version?

Miyoshi: Phantasy Star is, of course, a console brand, and it's known as a game that you play with the game controller. PSU was created with the controller in mind, so it feels natural when you play using the game controller. As for the PC, you can also plug in a game controller so you get the same experience. In addition, you will get better graphics and higher resolution."

It's expected http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rubesahl
Apr 20, 2006, 07:09 PM
Precisely that. PC gamers or lets just say gamers on any platform superior to another will get higher resolutions and better textures. On PC (and on xb360 if they program it that way) besides putting the max resolution you can possibly put it to run in, and max settings, you have the AA and AF which should give the game an even more polished and superior look. I'm ok with how the game looks but my only complain is that I haven't seen any shadows that aren't a circle below the characters and that's a bit of a step back from the other PSOs... Other than that it surpasses PSO visually in many ways and I'm still not sure if there's maybe an option for the more realistic shadows...

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 07:09 PM
I bet as it wouldn't be hard to do for them. There'll at least be better textures.

voxie
Apr 20, 2006, 07:12 PM
Hmm, I think I could get used to the 'shadow spots', but hopefully they will work on that for other versions.... I mean, should an Xbox 360 game look anything like a PS2 game? I don't think so, hehe they've got to be working on it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rubesahl
Apr 20, 2006, 07:21 PM
LoL sadly the XB360 version of FFXI LOOKS like a ps2 game >_> sure, it has res in max and AA but they did not really add any effects or improved textures. Just warning everyone no to get their hopes up >_>;;

Omega_Nova
Apr 20, 2006, 07:27 PM
I hear there was major compatibility issues with FFXI with Xbox 360 and the other servers.

Lux
Apr 20, 2006, 07:39 PM
Phantasy Star Universe offers two complete RPG experiences - a single-player action adventure spanning multiple planets, and a robust online multiplayer component that will support Xbox LiveŽ.

I heard FFXI does not support XBox live because that would have made it incompatible to PS2 and PC

Omega_Nova
Apr 20, 2006, 07:44 PM
The one reason keeping me from Xbox 360 is Xbox live.

I really don't feel like paying $50 a year when I probably get about 40 hours of online use from a non RPG game.

not to mention the thousands of angry low lifes screaming the F word into their mic every time they get killed.

Call me crazy but I'm an old fashioned guy, I'll always stick with a USB Keyboard.