PDA

View Full Version : PSU Screenshot and Movie Comment Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Ryna
Apr 22, 2006, 07:26 AM
If you have any thoughts or comments you would like to share about the screenshots in the PSU Screenshot Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110971&forum=20), please post them here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-22 05:36 ]</font>

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 07:40 AM
cool screens kamica! and what is that sword?

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2006, 07:41 AM
kamica was using my psu char -_-. did the account owner let you play?

i was trying to go for a pure magic char so i got the foie to level 5.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 07:44 AM
yeah thats like the first magic using char ive seen so far.

Dre_o
Apr 22, 2006, 09:34 AM
Unfortuantely, we still need to SEE the Techs in use....;-;

scott1114
Apr 22, 2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah and for that we need to find psu videos, which are unfindable

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 22, 2006, 09:48 AM
Resta is probably still very short range.

EspioKaos
Apr 22, 2006, 09:57 AM
I imagine technics are probably still handled the same way as in PSO as far as learning them: the disk system. Can anyone confirm this? I've seen that Photon Arts are learned by using disks, and since technics are PAs... well, two and two together, as it were. Incidentally, has anyone seen techs for sale in the shops? I'm curious what types outside of the base techs are currently available.

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2006, 10:36 AM
i started off w/ foie set to the default staff. as i used it, it leveled up. there is a shop they sells techs but i havent actually been there.

sorry i dont know more, but i didnt get to play much.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 10:57 AM
Yay screenshot is back with a truckload of awesome pics! =)

Zeota
Apr 22, 2006, 11:23 AM
Holy crap! That dragon is just crazy! I wonder if anyone's managed to take down that sucker yet.

OdinTyler
Apr 22, 2006, 11:27 AM
If you mean the 1 in your avatar, yep. I've done it already. Twice. All the chars in the demo were around 15. You're going to have to form a good group to beat him & maybe gain some levels. I'm sure it's possible to do before 15. Teamwork is the key here.

Rubesahl
Apr 22, 2006, 12:28 PM
Whoa I loved those screens, shows a much more open PS experience http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I just can't wait ><! Is it more open than Episode 4? Or just as?

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 12:35 PM
Zomg! I actually just remembered a decent question, though I think I should really post it here for no decent reason really asides from it refers to one of "screenshots" screenshots ^_^

It apeared as he had died during his fight with the dragon right? Is there any penalty for dying?
I've been wondering this ever since the beta opened up but just totally forgot to ask?

Is there experience loss? do you drop your money? or your weapon? or do you just lose all the money you had on you with no chance to get it back? Oh so many horrible things!!!

capin_bucky_ohair
Apr 22, 2006, 12:36 PM
Has anyone worked on their partner machinery, when they aren't fighting battles or anything?

_glowstiq_
Apr 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
On 2006-04-22 10:36, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:
Has anyone worked on their partner machinery, when they aren't fighting battles or anything?

I haven't even seen a partner machinery in the screens/videos yet. o.o

zandra117
Apr 22, 2006, 12:49 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu200604212031200063jr.jpg I guess this screenshot proves that you can walk around in the lobby while you are in a party.
Someone make a video of just walking around the town. I am interested in how huge it actually is and a video would be the best way to show that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-22 10:55 ]</font>

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 12:59 PM
i just wanna see more videos period.

capin_bucky_ohair
Apr 22, 2006, 01:00 PM
On 2006-04-22 10:37, _glowstiq_ wrote:

thats why i asked would be nice to see some

Screenshot
Apr 22, 2006, 01:26 PM
I have done very little on it, the stuff barely increases the stats for it at all.

On 2006-04-22 10:28, Rubesahl wrote:
Whoa I loved those screens, shows a much more open PS experience http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I just can't wait ><! Is it more open than Episode 4? Or just as?
I've never played episode 4, but it's very big- I was lost alot of the time on my first day playing.

On 2006-04-22 10:35, mechatra wrote:
Zomg! I actually just remembered a decent question, though I think I should really post it here for no decent reason really asides from it refers to one of "screenshots" screenshots ^_^

It apeared as he had died during his fight with the dragon right? Is there any penalty for dying?
I've been wondering this ever since the beta opened up but just totally forgot to ask?

Is there experience loss? do you drop your money? or your weapon? or do you just lose all the money you had on you with no chance to get it back? Oh so many horrible things!!!
I don't think there's any loss, you don't drop anything and I'm pretty sure you don't lose any experience.

On 2006-04-22 10:49, zandra117 wrote:
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu200604212031200063jr.jpg I guess this screenshot proves that you can walk around in the lobby while you are in a party.
Someone make a video of just walking around the town. I am interested in how huge it actually is and a video would be the best way to show that.
I'll work on that, and yes you can walk around if you travel back.

On 2006-04-22 11:00, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:

On 2006-04-22 10:37, _glowstiq_ wrote:

thats why i asked would be nice to see someI already posted one, its in the other topic. It has to be a certin level if you want it to come with you, I'll also work on getting it up to that so I can take some inbattle shots of it.
http://user515314.xbox360forfree.net/user/image5.png

Kupi
Apr 22, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-04-22 11:26, Screenshot wrote:

On 2006-04-22 10:35, mechatra wrote:

I don't think there's any loss, you don't drop anything and I'm pretty sure you don't lose any experience.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The way the mission structure is set up, dying is its own penalty. If one member of the party dies, they're out of the game until they're resurrected. If the entire party dies, you've failed the mission and have to start over from the beginning (I would suppose). Very much like the way Guild Wars does it, yes?

Parn
Apr 22, 2006, 01:58 PM
You have your character level, and then you have your job level. The only way to raise your job level is through completing missions. You are ranked at the end of a mission, C through S kind of like challenge mode. In fact, I kind of liken the game's current setup to be challenge mode, period. You cannot go back to town in the middle of a mission without forfeiting it.

If you die, points are docked from your final mission score. For example, for almost every mission my group has done, we'd get 700 points for mission completion and 300 points for no deaths, which is S rank. When we finished the mission and killed the dragon, we had each died once and had to retry the dragon boss to win (the damage we did to the dragon the first go-around seemed to stay), and when results were tallied, 700 points for completion as before, but -600 points for the deaths we took, yielding 100 points toward our current job level and a C rank instead.

Hope that clears things up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-04-22 11:59 ]</font>

chichiri99
Apr 22, 2006, 02:08 PM
What are the jobs? Does that refer to hunters, rangers and forces?

scott1114
Apr 22, 2006, 02:11 PM
Yes

Parn
Apr 22, 2006, 02:12 PM
Yes. You can swap classes at a specific counter for a fee. Whether there's a limit on how much you can level a job is unknown, but you can only level one at a time. Long story short, if you want to use melee weapons, play a hunter, just don't expect to be casting Resta because it's not going to happen. If you want to use any of the rifles and other long range weapons, ranger's the only one that can touch them. If you want to use techs at all, you have to use force because they're the only ones that can use canes, wands, and staves. Techniques bind to those weapons, and those weapons only.

Rubesahl
Apr 22, 2006, 02:25 PM
Wow, fascinating system... I'm really looking forward to see how it actually works but so far the gameplay leaves for more entertainment and variety while using it to level up your job... It seems it kinda fixes the 'boring' factor of PSO. I'm also wondering if in the final release there will be difficulties... I kinda preffer there are areas for each level sets but I also like the idea of beginning areas being challenging again. Still I don't think beta testers can answer these questions. Ooh so only mages can use canes? interesting, here they tried to make each class incredibly more unique to each other.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 02:28 PM
so parn what happens if you die and no one has a moon atomizer or reverser spell what happens do they have to wait till the mission is done or what? i suppose you couldnt transport anywhere seeing that you cant leave to go shop or anything before the mission is over. I doubt this but is there telepipes on psu?

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 02:32 PM
Hang on... So Parn, what you're saying is that at the class counter you set your class right? for a small fee you can change this class. (Btw does anyone yet know what leveling up your class does)

But does this mean that... well say I'm using a numan,
and I'm set to hunter. Does this mean that I can't even equip a cane or rod, even if I have levels in force class but im set to hunter?

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 02:38 PM
On 2006-04-22 12:32, mechatra wrote:
Hang on... So Parn, what you're saying is that at the class counter you set your class right? for a small fee you can change this class. (Btw does anyone yet know what leveling up your class does)

But does this mean that... well say I'm using a numan,
and I'm set to hunter. Does this mean that I can't even equip a cane or rod, even if I have levels in force class but im set to hunter?

im not sure but i think if you level up your ranger untill u can use shotguns and switch to hunter i think as a hunter you will still be able to use shotguns since you lvled your ranger abilities but are still saved to your char when u switch jobs. i dont know

Parn
Apr 22, 2006, 02:50 PM
You can only use the items allowed by your current job. It doesn't matter what you leveled your force or ranger to. If you're set on hunter, you're not using techniques.

Now, what a hunter is allowed to equip at high levels remains to be seen, but at low levels, they definitely can't equip any force or ranger gear. I don't see this changing, either. It'd defeat the point of this system.

The incentive to level up a respective class is an improvement in stats, as well as higher ranking with specific weapons. For example, as a level 1 hunter, I am rank B with sabers, but rank C with daggers. I'm assuming it goes to rank S when you get high enough.

Also, some weapons aren't able to be equipped by any class at level 1. For example, claws are greyed out to all classes. I do not know what it takes to unlock them.

As far as telepipes go, there are none. The old days of piping were cheap, and I'm glad to see them gone. Missions generally are split in half, and there is a halfway point where you can restock restorative items (this isn't the actual town, just a midpoint between sections). I have to correct myself in that I haven't tried going back to town for the first half of a mission, but I can confirm that leaving to town during the second half of a mission is basically a forfeit.

vox3om
Apr 22, 2006, 02:50 PM
I still think that the gfx look a little pixelated...or is it the screenshots? the legs and feet look really poorly made.

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the information Parn.

and Damn... there go my dreams of a primary spear / secondary staff hunter numan.

Bleh ah well.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 04:51 PM
nice slideshow kamica

Violation
Apr 22, 2006, 05:20 PM
Parn, that cannot be correct. How come I've seen screenshots of people holding a saber and a pistol then?

scott1114
Apr 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
Simply cuz handguns do not require you to be in ranger class to be used

DarK-SuN
Apr 22, 2006, 05:27 PM
Saber+Handgun is an allowed combo for certain jobs, just like someone set to Force can wield a Cane+Handgun.
The way I see it and understood it, more advanced weapons are job specific, much like Rifles were Ranger only in PSO, with a few exceptions.

chichiri99
Apr 22, 2006, 05:27 PM
becauser it's like in PSO, hunters can use small guns, like handguns and mechs, and rangers can use small blades, like sabers and slicers, at least thats what I think

Violation
Apr 22, 2006, 05:38 PM
Oh, that's cool then. The same as PSO, so nothing to be upset about...what would be the point of classes if you could use all the weapons.

chichiri99
Apr 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
well, not exactly the same, no resta on HUs and RAs it seems http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

scott1114
Apr 22, 2006, 06:35 PM
well just get monomates^^

chichiri99
Apr 22, 2006, 06:41 PM
-_-, oh well, at least that makes casts more equal, so I will actually want to play one, and I wanna play with teh SUVs

mmmmmmmmm pwnage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2006, 06:45 PM
btw, i noticed the monomate limit is now 20. so not having resta may not be the end of the world.

chichiri99
Apr 22, 2006, 06:55 PM
yeah, but you can't go back to town to re-stock during missions :/

well I'm sure they'll have made up for it somehow

Dre_o
Apr 22, 2006, 07:12 PM
Geeze, from what Parn has shown....I can't wait any longer. THX Parn

Parn
Apr 22, 2006, 07:15 PM
There are midpoints in a set of missions with a vendor complete with recovery items. You can restock then. You simply can't complete a mission in its entirety if you go back to the colony.

scott1114
Apr 22, 2006, 07:23 PM
I should have cast character creation video done soon enough, just tired to up it so it actually looks like something

Kyunji
Apr 22, 2006, 07:24 PM
Parn wins the award for his batch of screenshots and videos. That Dragon video has got to be the best one I've seen so far. Now I'm even more excited about this game, and I was way too worked up in the first place...

scott1114
Apr 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
Yup, unfortunately, it's his only video I've downloaded so far and it's the only one I'll be able to today...... damn rapidshare lol

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-04-22 17:24, Kyunji wrote:
Parn wins the award for his batch of screenshots and videos. That Dragon video has got to be the best one I've seen so far. Now I'm even more excited about this game, and I was way too worked up in the first place...

lol i know what you mean every screen, video, music file has made this long wait more worth it.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 07:28 PM
yeah hopefully he uploads it to something more time efficient

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 07:30 PM
After watching his videos I just have to say...

O_O:
How on earth are we going to survive without even knowing the release for an import let alone a local release...
I neeeeeeeed PSU... now!!!!! *cries*

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 07:54 PM
dont we all. e3 is coming up and theres bound to be a release date thrown out after that . http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kupi
Apr 22, 2006, 08:14 PM
Hmm... can anyone tell us what the weapon icons in Screenshot 0004 in Parn's collection mean? I could put a name to most of 'em, but there are some in there that baffle me...

The first row looks like Sword, Fists, Spear, Double Saber. The second row looks like Axe, Dual Sabers, Dual Daggers, Dual Claws. The third row looks like Saber, Dagger, Claw. The fourth row looks like Rifle, Beam...?, Bow, Shot. The fifth row looks like I don't know what and Dual Handguns. The sixth row starts with Handgun and I can't even guess the rest. And the bottom row is the Staff, then the Cane. 23 icons total.

Zinger314
Apr 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
I'm not fond of the UI from Parn's screenshots.

The Name and the Level are displayed above the character, even in combat.

That could become annoying.

Skorpius
Apr 22, 2006, 08:19 PM
I'd hope that other classes can equip different weapons at higher levels, contrary to what Parn said. Otherwise, any chance of advanced class types (such as battle-mage) gets thrown out the window.

However, if there are skills that the characters lean at higher levels, then that just might allow for some class freedom. If it's possible to make a hybrid build with supportive skills on a hunter-class human then there is hope.

Parn
Apr 22, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-04-22 18:16, Zinger314 wrote:

That's easily removed. You adjust it just like you did in lobbies on PSO. It just happens to be available at all times.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 08:47 PM
thanks parn for switching to filefront that made things a lot easier! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Razon
Apr 22, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-04-22 18:22, Parn wrote:

On 2006-04-22 18:16, Zinger314 wrote:

That's easily removed. You adjust it just like you did in lobbies on PSO. It just happens to be available at all times.If you use a gamepad/controller, then its mixed with a different button which causes it to get hit all the time.

_Tek_
Apr 22, 2006, 09:08 PM
So now, different levels for each kind of weapons have a new designs rather than a simple photon color change?

And if they do have a different beam color, its elemental right?

DarK-SuN
Apr 22, 2006, 09:12 PM
Damn... awesome videos...!
Thanks a lot, Parn! ^_^

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 22, 2006, 09:32 PM
The dragon one is definitely my favorite! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nubaa
Apr 22, 2006, 09:41 PM
Great vids. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Is it just me though or does the dragon seem a little more hack n' slashy than you would expect?

Kyunji
Apr 22, 2006, 09:54 PM
I also noticed that the meseta/item boxes seem a bit more... minimalistic than they were in previous games. Meseta boxes appear as flattened, three-dimensional diamonds (anyone know the proper name for this shape?), and item boxes appear to be slightly taller boxes. Both are monocolored. This might be a placeholder, but I doubt it would be used this late into game development.

Parn
Apr 22, 2006, 09:58 PM
On 2006-04-22 19:41, Nubaa wrote:

Is it just me though or does the dragon seem a little more hack n' slashy than you would expect?

The dragon was already weakened in that video. Our group lost the first go-around, but we were starting to understand the dragon's attack behavior more, so we gave it another shot. It seems when you try a boss again in a mission, it retains the damage you inflicted on a previous attempt.

Of course, there's a penalty to dying and retrying a boss. You beat the mission, but you get very little reward experience towards your job level, and missions are the only way to raise it. That's pretty much the big incentive to not die.

Doing a lot of melee attacks up close seems to get it to romp around and lash about with its tail more. Shooting its head a lot seemed to make it breathe flames, which is much easier to deal with than all the other attacks it does.

Of course, that was the Rank C mission for Parum. Rank B and A await.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 22, 2006, 10:08 PM
parn, any chance you could make a video on how to switch between job standard? (I assume the default is hunter, make one showing where to go and what options to choose for ranger or force.)

Alisha
Apr 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
those guantlet type weapons Aero used are awesome

DizzyDi
Apr 22, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-04-22 19:58, Parn wrote:

On 2006-04-22 19:41, Nubaa wrote:

The dragon was already weakened in that video. Our group lost the first go-around, but we were starting to understand the dragon's attack behavior more, so we gave it another shot. It seems when you try a boss again in a mission, it retains the damage you inflicted on a previous attempt.

Of course, there's a penalty to dying and retrying a boss. You beat the mission, but you get very little reward experience towards your job level, and missions are the only way to raise it. That's pretty much the big incentive to not die.

Doing a lot of melee attacks up close seems to get it to romp around and lash about with its tail more. Shooting its head a lot seemed to make it breathe flames, which is much easier to deal with than all the other attacks it does.

Of course, that was the Rank C mission for Parum. Rank B and A await.

Wait...So doing normal run throughs on stages net you no experience?
I can see why they did that, that way people won't be able to grind themselves into power but still...Thats kinda lame.

Uncle_bob
Apr 22, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-04-22 20:29, DizzyDi wrote:

I can see why they did that, that way people won't be able to grind themselves into power but still...Thats kinda lame.

If I'm not mistaken, from what I read earlier there is your actual character level, and then there is your job level.

Missions are required if you want to increase your job level, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kupi
Apr 22, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-04-22 20:42, Uncle_bob wrote:

On 2006-04-22 20:29, DizzyDi wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, from what I read earlier there is your actual character level, and then there is your job level.

Missions are required if you want to increase your job level, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Also, I'm fairly certain that there are no "normal runs" any more. You can't just load up an area, whack some monsters, fight a boss, and pop back to town; you have to select a mission first and go do it (which, for the record, may simply consist of going into an area, whacking some monsters, killing a boss, and popping back into town).

lokin_modar
Apr 22, 2006, 11:00 PM
I1ve noticed by the videos that the dungeon music is not dynamic... Is it true??

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 12:13 AM
I still like my screenshot topic better... all the files were in one place. I guess its fine though... the origional is still good but Ryna should delete some of the comments that are still there...
I like the new screens and vids tho ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-22 22:26 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Apr 23, 2006, 12:29 AM
Before I say anything, I don't mean to seriously critisize the game or the person with the vids. Just wondering what resolution Parn has for the game cause its pretty jaggy O.x dunno if its the encoding? -shrugs- The game looks great anyways but it looks like the person has like a 1024x768 res in the game.

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2006, 03:52 AM
Urgh, there had better be some kind of high-level skill or whatever like Skorp suggested. -_-;;;

lawlz j00 kin onlee b f0rze cuz ur set 2 th4t.

So apparently it's not as bad as I thought it would be... It's worse. >_>

Seriously, though, that's kind of unrealistic. What, I'm a Ranger now, so I suddenly forget how to hold a Rod and cast Foie? O_o;;; Whoops, I changed from a Ranger to a Hunter. How do I shoot this thing again? *twitch* That just... Really grates on me. Sure, there's usually your token classes/characters who can't use magic/techs, but ALL of them, unless they're Force? STupid. (Hey, remember that one game, what was it called, Phantasy Star? That one chick with the sword, Alis. Yeah, she could smack things with it and she could burn them too and she could even heal herself and the other party members! Wow, wasn't that neat? She could do all that stuff without even having to go change her job! </sarcasm>)

But that's just the melee FOmar in me talking... Sigh. (Oh yeah? Well back in my day, we could run around with strong weapons AND cast techs at the same time! You kids these days can't even scratch your arse while walking!)

Otherwise, it's suitably shiny. Everyone's characters look pretty much alike, but then again I've been playing RO lately, so I can't really say anything about that. XD (And 4 year old wrestling games still have more customization than PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

But yeah. That whole class thing really squicks me. I guess I'm just used to PSO, where you can make a melee FOnewearl or a teching RAmar if you want to badly enough. XD

kazuma56
Apr 23, 2006, 04:34 AM
I think each "job" lvl would unlock additional stuff to use for your class.

I think they just used the same "old" PSO formula and sugar coated it to make it "taste" different, instead of my Ranger needing ATP to use a Stag cutlery for instance...he'd now have to have a certain "job" rank in the ranger class to be able to use it. I think this is a way for ST to try and "stop" people from using "uber" stuff at lower lvls....because they already have done away with mags.

ChronoTrigga
Apr 23, 2006, 04:41 AM
I still think they should have added a summoner class to summon the Photon Blast type monsters from PSO. That....would be great.

Kamica
Apr 23, 2006, 06:18 AM
Wait...there is only the caves and grassland area available in this beta? I am pretty sure that is it. I have been to every corner and didnt see anything else. Plus, from the pictures I have seen on this thread, that has been the only two areas that pictures are coming from.

therealAERO
Apr 23, 2006, 07:09 AM
Not having normal runs is actually better in my opinion. You get a set amount of money for beating it. Its a great way to get some quick cash without selling your PP restoring things(500 meseta each) which I always do since I always find them.

I just changed my class to Ranger, and I bought a big freaking gun. Its pretty cool to just change classes on the fly. I'm also pretty sure we can mix and match at higher levels. Also for the sabers, guns and daggers.

They can be right and left handed. You can dual wield sabers, but you need the left, and the right saber. I'm currently trying to synthesize a full set right now with my little Partner machine. I just need to find the materials. Kinda like KH2.

Skorpius
Apr 23, 2006, 07:45 AM
On 2006-04-23 01:52, Ian-KunX wrote:
(And 4 year old wrestling games still have more customization than PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

WWF Warzone for the N64?!

scott1114
Apr 23, 2006, 08:00 AM
Well yes it has more customization than PSO but PSU has quite a lot too

Kano-Okami
Apr 23, 2006, 08:03 AM
On 2006-04-23 02:41, Handsock wrote:
I still think they should have added a summoner class to summon the Photon Blast type monsters from PSO. That....would be great.

Lol, that would be awesome. I summon...Fat Rappy!
oooh, they could have it to be like Ep3, using cards, except..without the turnbase..

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 23, 2006, 08:14 AM
Wow.. that would be interesting. Like... well i'll use Ragnarok As an Example.

You'd have a Base-Class, Ranger Hunter Force. Then you would go into Detailed Sub-classes.

(just, because it sounds nice...) Sniper, Archer, Technition(sp.) Berserker, Samurai, Holy Knight, and finally, Preist, Caster, Summoner.

Ah then again PS, wouldn't be PS with that.... Oh i can't wait, i just hope there's a One-handed Katana~

chichiri99
Apr 23, 2006, 08:20 AM
I really don't see what you are complaining about with the not being able to use techs thing, as they have more than made up for that imo. You will now be able to equip every weapon in the game on one character eventually if I'm not mistaken and you can carry double the ammount of healing items.

Also phantasy star games were never about realism, they probably made some stupid law that forbids you from carrying weapons outside of you're class, I just hope they've re-instated permission to eat sweets, my RAnewearl won't be able to do without my chocolate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Parn
Apr 23, 2006, 09:18 AM
On 2006-04-22 22:29, Rubesahl wrote:
Before I say anything, I don't mean to seriously critisize the game or the person with the vids. Just wondering what resolution Parn has for the game cause its pretty jaggy O.x dunno if its the encoding? -shrugs- The game looks great anyways but it looks like the person has like a 1024x768 res in the game.

The videos don't capture the visuals all that well. The reason is that I'm capturing at half the resolution that I run, and instead of using bicubic or bilinear filtering for resizing, FRAPS is using nearest neighbor (i.e. just eliminating half the pixels), and so the recorded videos make the game look jaggier than it really is. A good example of what I mean is below:

Nearest Neighbor Resizing
http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/example1.jpg

Bilinear Resizing
http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/example2.jpg

Skorpius
Apr 23, 2006, 09:37 AM
On 2006-04-23 06:20, chichiri99 wrote:
I really don't see what you are complaining about with the not being able to use techs thing, as they have more than made up for that imo.

Because if they limit what you can do by class, then that doesn't give any kind of advanced character creation. Despite primary and secondary character growth, you'll only have limited character development options.

Parn
Apr 23, 2006, 10:19 AM
You all call it a downgrade, but I disagree completely.

On 2006-04-23 01:52, Ian-KunX wrote:
But that's just the melee FOmar in me talking... Sigh. (Oh yeah? Well back in my day, we could run around with strong weapons AND cast techs at the same time! You kids these days can't even scratch your arse while walking!)
That is an excellent example of why it needed to be changed. It was particularly ridiculous that a force could perform extremely well in melee AND cast all level 30 techs.

Players will now have to cooperate with each other more and have to fight wiser. Really, the game mechanics as a whole feel like PSO's challenge mode. I call that a fantastic upgrade. The days of HUmars rushing in the front lines and taking damage without caring because they can get right back up and cast Resta are over. I'm glad to see them gone.

chichiri99
Apr 23, 2006, 10:25 AM
Yes, it seems people are afraid of the fact that it will actually require some skill to play =O

Zinger314
Apr 23, 2006, 10:41 AM
The only thing that I'm concend about with the 1-class singularity are the purpose of Humans.

The strength of Humans in PSO were that they could melee/range very well and still cast Techniques. ( visa versa) for Force HUmans)

My favorite character in PSO was the RAmarl, and it really annoys me that I can't make a character like her in PSU.

Humans are ment to be the "jack-of-all-trades" race. However, how can you be a jack-of-all-trades if you are only limited to one trade?

(PS: Humans also don't get the "OMGPWN" weapons such as the SUV Weapons and Nanoblasts.)

(PPS: We need videos of those.)

Skorpius
Apr 23, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-04-23 08:19, Parn wrote:
That is an excellent example of why it needed to be changed. It was particularly ridiculous that a force could perform extremely well in melee AND cast all level 30 techs.

They performed extremely well in melee BECAUSE they could cast level 30 (support) techniques. It's an abuse of thier class, using their own support techniques to bridge the gap between their weak offensive/defensive power. That's an advanced playstyle. This is nothing new, either. Ragnarok Online has had a similar characters for a long time (priests/blacksmiths). They have many supportive skills that boost offensive and defensive power that allows the option to participate in battle. This isn't easy, either.

You have to know your skills, how/when to use them, know how to build your character and know which weapons/armors to use. If PSU has a strict character devleopment system that limits what you can do, then you can say good-bye to any sort of advanced gameplay. It'll all be A, B, C with no room to develope passed the basics.

On 2006-04-23 08:25, chichiri99 wrote:
Yes, it seems people are afraid of the fact that it will actually require some skill to play =O

It would actually be quite the opposite. All skill levels will be rather low, and the gameplay will be more repetitive than PSO. Sure, you can change jobs, but they'll still be the same. At least in PSO, you had the option of trying different styles of combat, such as Melee on a Ranger or Ranged on a Force. So far, from what Parn has been saying, you can't dirive from what's given to you, and you have no chance to gain any new experiences that are outside of the standard.

The idea that this forces people to use "skill" is absurd, there isn't any skill in "choosing hunter and swinging swords". It actually took knowledge and skill, in PSO, to be able to use a melee FO properly without being a complete blunder to your teammates, and you can't do that anymore. The skill level of gameplay will be significantly lowered if the character weapon usage is limited by class.

It's 1 + 1 = 2, and nothing more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-04-23 08:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-04-23 08:56 ]</font>

Parn
Apr 23, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-04-23 08:47, Skorpius wrote:
cast level 30 (support) techniques *snip* an advanced playstyle
I lol'd.

DizzyDi
Apr 23, 2006, 10:56 AM
On 2006-04-23 08:41, Zinger314 wrote:
The only thing that I'm concend about with the 1-class singularity are the purpose of Humans.

The strength of Humans in PSO were that they could melee/range very well and still cast Techniques. ( visa versa) for Force HUmans)

My favorite character in PSO was the RAmarl, and it really annoys me that I can't make a character like her in PSU.

Humans are ment to be the "jack-of-all-trades" race. However, how can you be a jack-of-all-trades if you are only limited to one trade?

(PS: Humans also don't get the "OMGPWN" weapons such as the SUV Weapons and Nanoblasts.)

You can level mutiple types but you won't be as strong in them as someone that has just focused on one type.

EDIT: I also have a question? So if you're say...level 10. And so far you've put all your type points into Hunter. If you wanted to use guns, all you would have to do is switch all your points from hunter into ranger? If thats the case ST REALLY needs to change that. Theres no strategy in anything if all you gotta do is change you type real fast. Got a mission with a lot of flying enemies? OH! No problem, just switch your type. Instead of actually looking around for a Ranger to help you. Thats really dumb to me. You don't even have to meet new people, just stick with your same group of 6 and keep changing your type to match the current mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-04-23 09:00 ]</font>

Dre_o
Apr 23, 2006, 10:57 AM
EDIT: *Recollecting thoughts*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-04-23 08:59 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 23, 2006, 10:58 AM
Wait, are you the same HUmar Parn on PSO?

Parn
Apr 23, 2006, 10:59 AM
Yep. I think I know where you're going to go with this, but by all means, surprise me.

Skorpius
Apr 23, 2006, 11:02 AM
Maybe you can explain to me why it's supposed to take skill to wield swords as a Hunter as opposed to as a Force.

Parn
Apr 23, 2006, 11:03 AM
Maybe you can explain to me how it takes more gaming skill to hit A+A+B as a force than A+A+B as a hunter.

Dre_o
Apr 23, 2006, 11:05 AM
Ok, thoughts recollected, here we go.

I'm gonna start off by saying this, what is the highest level of anyone in the Beta? 10? 15? 20 even?

If you're higher than that, let me know. But anyways. With all this melee FO stuff aside, lets look at it like this: The game isn't FULLY finished yet (Yes I used the word FULLY), and no one (but the games producers) knows what it will be like when you reach a level like 50 (things could change dammit) so then.....WHY IS EVERYBODY MAKING INSINUATIONS????

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: wow, my grammar is crappy today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-04-23 09:06 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Apr 23, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-04-23 07:18, Parn wrote:

On 2006-04-22 22:29, Rubesahl wrote:

The videos don't capture the visuals all that well. The reason is that I'm capturing at half the resolution that I run, and instead of using bicubic or bilinear filtering for resizing, FRAPS is using nearest neighbor (i.e. just eliminating half the pixels), and so the recorded videos make the game look jaggier than it really is.

Thought so, yeah cause it doesn't make sense with your specs >_>;; Unless u had to lower the resolution. Good, my doubts were unfounded http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryna
Apr 23, 2006, 11:13 AM
I haven't heard of any level caps so far.

As for the class customization system, we don't really know that much about it yet. It is possible that additional weapon types will open up as your weapon level increases. For the purposes of this thread, let's avoid having an argument over whether PSU or PSO offers greater flexibility in this area.

scott1114
Apr 23, 2006, 11:40 AM
On 2006-04-23 08:56, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2006-04-23 08:41, Zinger314 wrote:

You can level mutiple types but you won't be as strong in them as someone that has just focused on one type.

EDIT: I also have a question? So if you're say...level 10. And so far you've put all your type points into Hunter. If you wanted to use guns, all you would have to do is switch all your points from hunter into ranger? If thats the case ST REALLY needs to change that. Theres no strategy in anything if all you gotta do is change you type real fast. Got a mission with a lot of flying enemies? OH! No problem, just switch your type. Instead of actually looking around for a Ranger to help you. Thats really dumb to me. You don't even have to meet new people, just stick with your same group of 6 and keep changing your type to match the current mission.

I don't think you can actually change it during missions, I think u need to go to a special place in towns, only played once so far and I don't even know a word of japanese so I'm screwed for infos
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-04-23 09:00 ]</font>

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 23, 2006, 12:39 PM
cool screens kamica! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 12:41 PM
lol, your character is standing the exact same way in almost every screenshot XP

Kupi
Apr 23, 2006, 03:10 PM
Unless I miss my guess (and by all means, someone correct me if I'm wrong), the Types aren't entirely locked out of the other Types's weapons, just the top-grade stuff. One simple heuristic to use might be "you can't use both hands on weapons not of your current Type". I'm not saying it really works that way, but it's one way that it could. That would mean that Forces could use Sabers, Daggers, Claws, Handguns, or any of those other one-handed Ranger weapons, so long as they're using a Cane in the other hand; they can't dual-wield Sabers or use Rifles, Axes, Spears, and whatnot. Hunters could use a Handgun or Cane, so long as they've got a melee weapon in the other hand. And Rangers yadda yadda yadda you get the point. It means that you can't have the best of both worlds (you can't cast Shifta and go nuts with a Shotgun or Axe... well, unless you were a Hunter, given my example), but you aren't shoehorned terribly.

As always... just my speculation, subject to correction. If you can still use a Saber as a Force, I'll consider my point made.

ShinMaruku
Apr 23, 2006, 03:56 PM
If only my damn luck was better.... I'd try so much crap to stress test the server and find glitches and abuse them... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Oh well, at relaes time, this shall be on my PS3 lookin pretty.

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 03:59 PM
since when was this game announced for PS3? @_@

Ennie
Apr 23, 2006, 04:01 PM
PS3 is backwards compatible, duh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 23, 2006, 04:21 PM
screenshot, you've outdone yourself this time i love the mag feed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mechatra
Apr 23, 2006, 04:24 PM
Nice work screenshot. Got all the pics just downloading the movies.

You have to asnwer a quick question now though!
You're seen using a cane! can you use this in hunter mode? or did you have to change your class to even equip it?

All this comes down to is to see whether other classes can equip the most basic Fo wep to cast with.

Zinger314
Apr 23, 2006, 04:27 PM
Where are the Ranger and the Cast/Beast screenies? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(Atleast they will be the minorities, hehe.)

Screenshot
Apr 23, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-04-23 14:24, mechatra wrote:
Nice work screenshot. Got all the pics just downloading the movies.

You have to asnwer a quick question now though!
You're seen using a cane! can you use this in hunter mode? or did you have to change your class to even equip it?

All this comes down to is to see whether other classes can equip the most basic Fo wep to cast with.
I had to change my class, I also explained in the post. That everytime you change, it cost more to change again.

mechatra
Apr 23, 2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah I got the bit about the increasing cost.
Thanks for the quick reply. Nice vids btw ^_^

Inazuma
Apr 23, 2006, 04:54 PM
On 2006-04-23 14:01, Ennie wrote:
PS3 is backwards compatible, duh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

that doesnt explain the "pretty" part tho

bystander85
Apr 23, 2006, 04:55 PM
I just noticed something ... it doesn't seem like there's a lot of sense of contact when fighting the enemies ... There is sometimes, but many times the enemies don't even flinch when you hit them, it's just like your weapons pass thru it and HP numbers appear ...

bystander85
Apr 23, 2006, 04:58 PM
Oh, I see, apparently, they don't flinch when the damage is near 0, but it still looks fake.

Kupi
Apr 23, 2006, 05:10 PM
Wow, it looks like Techs are really powerful this time around! 180-odd damage per Foie compared to 20-something a shot with a handgun in Screenshot's latest movies. Were the enemies weak to fire or something?

Screenshot
Apr 23, 2006, 05:15 PM
On 2006-04-23 15:10, Kupi wrote:
Wow, it looks like Techs are really powerful this time around! 180-odd damage per Foie compared to 20-something a shot with a handgun in Screenshot's latest movies. Were the enemies weak to fire or something?No its really that strong, I saw someone my same level or a little higher dealing almost 300 damage to a group of enemys. Thats one of the reasons I changed my class, will probably stick with it for awhile. But I will need to buy several wands, since you can only equipt 2 techs to each one.

capin_bucky_ohair
Apr 23, 2006, 05:41 PM
On 2006-04-23 14:21, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:
screenshot, you've outdone yourself this time i love the mag feed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Same here I can't wait for more if possible http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. I know the first thing I want to do well after I get enough money items and etc to feed one.

bystander85
Apr 23, 2006, 05:41 PM
I don't know if I like how you add techs to wands ... I think only some techs should be added to wands, others you can cast without anything ... Or if you could cast anything without a wand, but the wand acted as an amplifier and significantly increased the power of the tech.

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 06:15 PM
i dont understand...... why would forces be so much stronger? is it like some games where they start out extremely strong but then after a certain level the other classes get more powerful while force spells stay at around the same damage range? or is there some other downside to being a force? you didnt seem to run out of PP very quickly.... and you also have resta on the go.... i dont think they would make it that unbalanced..

but why is it so much stronger???? T_T

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 23, 2006, 06:18 PM
because forces use the force. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mechatra
Apr 23, 2006, 06:24 PM
I just realised that this was more of a comment than a question so I'm posting this on this thread aswell as the beta testers questions thread:

I was just watching one of Parns vids again, and I just thought of something...

I get the feeling that Photon arts for melee weapons can be comboed. Notice that when Parn uses his spinning photon art, the button for it grays out right?

Well in the "Battle of" video you see Ethan using a photon art and during it the button doesn't get greyed out. Infact while watching I noticed he presses it again and does another action.

For example: Near the begining of the video we see a rapid downward thrust photon art for the spear.
To start the technique the player presses the photon art button. While the attack goes through the button stays lit. After the series of jabs we see him press the button again then Ethan seems to use another photon art right after as an add-on to the combo. After the Jabs he does a powerfull sideways swing.

Anyone else notice this? Now that I spotted it once I'm seeing it implemented loads on the "battle of" video.

What does everyone think?

Parn
Apr 23, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'm sure you're correct, since your photon arts level up through usage. For example, my dagger special attack is at level 14 now. I'm guessing I might get more attacks with the photon arts button at 20. We'll see in a few days, I guess.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 23, 2006, 06:39 PM
Just a few comments on Screenshot's....well, screenshots.

I noticed that enemies can be burned, finally they gave Foi a status effect.

Techs do not seem to use up very much PP at all, which is interesting (although I'm sure higher-level techs take much more).

http://www.user515314.xbox360forfree.net/user/psu40.png In this screenshot, I noticed the little icons below what I assume is the name of the targeted enemy (upper-left corner). I image the first two are Shift and Deban, respectively, but what are the two after that? The third looks like it could possibly be confuse? And the fourth appears to be some sort of boot or foot symbol, so maybe a speed-increase condition of some sort?

Inazuma
Apr 23, 2006, 06:39 PM
the combos do increase to 6, remember? its making more sense now

ShinMaruku
Apr 23, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-04-23 14:54, Inazuma wrote:

that doesnt explain the "pretty" part tho

Yes it does, it upscales thigns into HD and add some extra effects, so I'll be enjoying this in HD!
Will look no worse than the toehr two versions!

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

mechatra
Apr 23, 2006, 06:55 PM
Fuzzy logic. I recon that that those stat ups are *attack up* *defense up* *magic up* and *speed up*

Looks like there's more stat booster spells eh?

Kupi
Apr 23, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-04-23 16:15, vitius137 wrote:
i dont understand...... why would forces be so much stronger? is it like some games where they start out extremely strong but then after a certain level the other classes get more powerful while force spells stay at around the same damage range? or is there some other downside to being a force? you didnt seem to run out of PP very quickly.... and you also have resta on the go.... i dont think they would make it that unbalanced..

but why is it so much stronger???? T_T

Don't forget that if you're a Force relying primarily on tech-casting, your only form of attack is Techs. That means you can't attack without PP, much like guns. Run out and you're going to have to wait for the PP to recharge every single time you use a Tech. And that's just the Simple Techs. I imagine that the stronger attacks will require far more rationing.

On setting enemies on fire: that same condition appears in Parn's Dragon boss video. It seems that "burning" is the new status ailment for Fire all around. Damage over time is nice... I think I'm going to enjoy being a fire-centric Force. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Inazuma
Apr 23, 2006, 07:10 PM
there are pp recharge items, btw

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 08:45 PM
it still seems like forces are extremely overpowered... unless tp restoring items are extremely expensive. then forces will remain as the "hella strong but money devouring" class.
i'm gonna make 2 chars at first... ranger and force. ill level both up and choose one at a certain lvl and level that one up to extremity.

Dre_o
Apr 23, 2006, 09:48 PM
I was wondering, can you have more than one character in the Beta?

EDIT: Forced don't seem to have much range from what we've seen....hmmm....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-04-23 19:49 ]</font>

_Tek_
Apr 23, 2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.user515314.xbox360forfree.net/user/psu44.png
now that's cool.

Nedeti
Apr 23, 2006, 10:03 PM
I was Hiding in the bush shooting monsters (^.^)
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4940/psu200604232245080008mi.jpg

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 10:21 PM
whoa, thats something iv been wanting to try. can you snipe (first person shoot) while sitting? if you snipe enemies from a distance do they notice where you are?

Dark_Heal_v2
Apr 23, 2006, 11:35 PM
i hunger for more videos~~~ >3<

great vids Parn!

lokin_modar
Apr 24, 2006, 08:21 AM
moved...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lokin_modar on 2006-04-24 07:27 ]</font>

mechatra
Apr 24, 2006, 08:35 AM
Job's are essentially your class. Hunter, ranger, or force.

You can now switch between these at the class counter ( so you can't switch mid mission )
You have to pay a small fee to change class but this fee goes up 50 meseta every time you do it on the beta.

The bar you're talking about is the PP bar. Characters no longer have TP but instead weapons have a certain amount of PP (photon points)
These points are used for photon art attacks, and used as ammo for gun type weapons. PP points slowly recharge so that you'll never really be completely out of PP.

If you want to know more just read up the PSU section on this website.

Violation
Apr 24, 2006, 12:12 PM
I'm getting a little worried about the quality of the screenshots. I mean, I have a great computer that can run the elder scrolls oblivion on near maximum, so I am not worried about my computer. But maybe the graphics have decreased within the game? I mean whenever I see single player pic it's awesome, but then when I see MP it's a different story. Also I am worried that the PSU PCversion will lack great graphics, even though the pc will be more capable (graphically) then the other consoles. I don't know, may just be me, but from all images I have seen so far, they pale in comparison to others. Probably just me :/

Pseudo
Apr 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
I just watched screenshot's new videos ^_^
That character has a really high voice for an adult,
he actually sounds like Wang Tang from the Powerstone game lol.

Skorpius
Apr 24, 2006, 01:46 PM
On 2006-04-24 11:32, oShojino wrote:
Screenshots from me, on the force class setting I can level up my spear melee I believe, I was under force class and used spear for the whole mission and points went into my force class..also when I select force setting spear is highlighted.
Forces can equip melee weapons. Pwned.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
So I assume now that the costumes are shared among the 3 organic races? I thought they'd split it up in different styles for each one, But now I've seen pics of a newman and humans with the same zig-zag pants and nosleeved shirt.

which is good, and makes sense since I doubt ST could cram enough unique costume seperate for each race.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 24, 2006, 04:42 PM
My only concern is being able to create awesome characters with nice looking black colored peices of clothing;
so my characters can have a bit of a dark, strange, and spooky-ish look to theme; sort of the look as if a band member of "Orgy" fused with "Disturbed"'s base player, or something fairly close to that.

I am liking the black long coat seen for a split second in the "Network" video showing some of Character Create.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-04-24 14:44 ]</font>

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 24, 2006, 05:09 PM
very nice vids and screens! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oShojino
Apr 24, 2006, 05:15 PM
On 2006-04-24 14:28, _Tek_ wrote:
So I assume now that the costumes are shared among the 3 organic races? I thought they'd split it up in different styles for each one, But now I've seen pics of a newman and humans with the same zig-zag pants and nosleeved shirt.

which is good, and makes sense since I doubt ST could cram enough unique costume seperate for each race.

There are some shared and some unique to the races, although there will probably be more through shops. As for Forces using melee weapons Im on the force setting and the spear icon is highlighted with a "C" next to them as well as handguns and I believe saber if I remember correctly, perhaps spear is one of the melee weapons that allows you to combo techniques in with your melee attacks?

Screenshot
Apr 24, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-04-24 15:15, oShojino wrote:

On 2006-04-24 14:28, _Tek_ wrote:

There are some shared and some unique to the races, although there will probably be more through shops. As for Forces using melee weapons Im on the force setting and the spear icon is highlighted with a "C" next to them as well as handguns and I believe saber if I remember correctly, perhaps spear is one of the melee weapons that allows you to combo techniques in with your melee attacks?

Well I'm talking about the melee blade that I was using in my latest videos or some of the screenshots, and its individual skill level that you get from killing enemys. Not your class level, I fought for almost 2 hours using its special on and off with my techs/guns as you can see in the video- and only my techs/guns leveled while it stayed at 1.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 24, 2006, 05:49 PM
lol screenshot i know your secret identity hahahahahahaha! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You accidentily posted with your normal account haaaaaaa! haaaaaaaaaaa!

Screenshot
Apr 24, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-04-24 15:49, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:
lol screenshot i know your secret identity hahahahahahaha! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You accidentily posted with your normal account haaaaaaa! haaaaaaaaaaa!I don't know why it logged me in it, anyway someone else already blew my identity. You just have to pay better attention and you would've already known, and am I the only one who doesn't like this forum type? I prefer phpbb, invision or something else really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Screenshot on 2006-04-24 15:59 ]</font>

Maridia
Apr 24, 2006, 06:00 PM
On 2006-04-24 11:46, Skorpius wrote:

On 2006-04-24 11:32, oShojino wrote:
Screenshots from me, on the force class setting I can level up my spear melee I believe, I was under force class and used spear for the whole mission and points went into my force class..also when I select force setting spear is highlighted.
Forces can equip melee weapons. Pwned.

But to what extent remains to be seen.

Violation
Apr 24, 2006, 06:11 PM
why cant someone make a level 1 human and switch through all the classes and type up the stats? eg human-spears-B

Then do it for all of the races, so we can have an idea of the stats?

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 08:31 PM
Speaking of making new characters, how many do you get int he beta?

Razon
Apr 24, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:31, _Tek_ wrote:
Speaking of making new characters, how many do you get int he beta?You can have 4 different characters at a time.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 08:59 PM
Has there been any info on having more than that?

I know in other online games they give you the minimum, and if you want more you pay like an extra few bucks a month.

Either way, I must force myself to stick to 4 characters only, rather than the 8 i had on pso.

Ryna
Apr 24, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:59, _Tek_ wrote:
Has there been any info on having more than that?

There are only four character slots. If you want to create any other characters, you'll need to create another account.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 09:17 PM
I remember on PSO for gamecube someone thought you needed another account for more characters, when all you needed was another memeory card with your online info copied to it.

he was like "you must be rich!"

Dre_o
Apr 24, 2006, 09:22 PM
Jonathan_F, is that last file you posted just audio? (please excuse my partial technological ineptness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

Axios-
Apr 24, 2006, 09:24 PM
I got a video out of it too. I just clicked it and when the download popped up, I saved it to my computer. I hope that helps.... >_>;

Nice video, Jon. It was refreshing to see the spear and rifle in use in addition to the saber and gun combo that we're all used to now. Also, I like the FPS part. Well done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axios- on 2006-04-24 19:27 ]</font>

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 09:25 PM
thanks for the new movie jon.
i see that your PP recharges while you are moving/attacking but will not recharge if your weapon is unequiped. but if you are dual weilding(ex: a handgun and saber) your handgun can recharge while you use your saber. unfortunately even though that rifle seems fairly powerful it also runs out of PP fairly quickly.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 09:27 PM
wow, the city maps are too big, my head hurts.

oShojino
Apr 24, 2006, 09:30 PM
Nice slide show Axios, Ill be sure to take more screenies for your next slide show heh.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 24, 2006, 09:35 PM
On 2006-04-24 19:22, Dre_o wrote:
Jonathan_F, is that last file you posted just audio? (please excuse my partial technological ineptness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

No, you just need a certain codec to play .avi files. I had the same problem a long while back, I just searched Winamp's site until I found a codec plugin that worked...

Axios-
Apr 24, 2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks, I really enjoy making these. I have many friends who are interested in PSU but aren't motivated enough to click through all the pictures (as I imagine many other people do as well).

I had to lower the quality of that one a bit just to make the maximum that Putfile allows so next time will be a bit trickier. Oh, I had to delete 4 screenshots to make it fit the music. Good luck finding them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-04-24 19:35, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2006-04-24 19:22, Dre_o wrote:

No, you just need a certain codec to play .avi files. I had the same problem a long while back, I just searched Winamp's site until I found a codec plugin that worked...

can't windows media player run it? or do you not use that?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 24, 2006, 09:46 PM
It never ran in Windows Media Player for me either, but Winamp is better anyway, so.....

VR-Raiden
Apr 24, 2006, 09:54 PM
[quote]There are only four character slots. If you want to create any other characters, you'll need to create another account.[quote]

So would creating another account mean paying for a second "hunters liscense?" (so to speak, not sure what its called for PSU)

If so, that really sucks. I'm going to be sharing this game with my brothers :/

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 09:55 PM
Except winamp can't take screenshots of movies, or save the file currently loaded.

unless I'm missing something.

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 10:04 PM
Wow, thanks for that video Jonathan_F! It was nice, calm, and long enough for me to get a real feel for what playing the game will actually be like... Especially for using guns! Looks like playing a RA will be very interesting in this game with the whole PP aspect. I always thought they should find a way to make guns have "ammunition"... Makes a RA more strategic and (dare I say) fair!

Also, thanks for being a cast! I crave more of the thus-far neglected races! If someone wants to make a video of Beast/Cast character creation... I would glomp you hardcore!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-24 20:06 ]</font>

HatMaster
Apr 24, 2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the videos and screens, everybody. I was worried about how magic would play out in PSU and, well, now I'm not. I can't wait to get my hands on the game and start tossing firey/icy/lightningy balls of destruction everywhere.

Dre_o
Apr 24, 2006, 10:46 PM
Ok, after I rummaged around the net for a bit, I managed to get the vid to work.

And I must say, well done, (except the entire last half I was screaming "USE A MATE, USE A MATE!!" poor mateless ness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) anyways, I think from what I saw, namingly the beating you took (no offense), that PSU is going to require much more strategy. EDIT: Than PSO, which is a very, very good thing.

Also, I like the cloak like tail. Nice touch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-04-24 20:47 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 11:00 PM
He did pretty well I thought, considering he was level 3, and the enemies 10... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Also, thanks for the Cast and Beast screenies, AzureBlaze! I still crave more however... I'm spoiled on videos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 11:00 PM
very nice. i wouldve strictly used guns but waited for my rifle to recharge (i wouldnt wait longer than 5 mins) then just constantly shoot into the group of enemies. but for all i know, you could have been tired of waiting to recharge having done it previously.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 24, 2006, 11:06 PM
hmmm so the enemies dissappear and warp back to their spawn point if you run too far away?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Non-Toxic-Crayons on 2006-04-24 21:07 ]</font>

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 11:26 PM
it looks that way.....

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 11:29 PM
sounds like PSO enemies

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 24, 2006, 11:32 PM
Well pso enemies only returned to their spawn points when you left the room...
Since there dont seem to be any room separation on the open fields, they have to teleport back after reaching a certain distance away...

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 11:34 PM
pso enemies teleported back after you moved past the doors into a different area, are PSU areas seperated even though there are no doors seperating them?

EDIT: what he sed ^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-24 21:37 ]</font>

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 11:35 PM
Its pretty much the same though right? Like if you needed to take a time out you could just stand a little ways back, and not worry.

On 2006-04-24 21:42, vitius137 wrote:
i think thats generally right.

yeah, i need to gtfo my pc, my posts are becoming stale.

I've just been sitting on psow soaking ina ll this new psu info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2006-04-24 21:46 ]</font>

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 11:42 PM
i think thats generally right.

RoninJoku
Apr 25, 2006, 11:55 AM
Yay! New Video! Thanks Screenshot!

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 25, 2006, 11:55 AM
Holy crap! That latest video shows a bunch of photon fans? it looks like... behind the item counter.... What do the fans do? What kind of weapon do they count as?

Axios-
Apr 25, 2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah, those caught my eye too. Any explanation for 'em?

Screenshot
Apr 25, 2006, 12:02 PM
Well, you can't buy them. They might add it later on in the beta or probably the final game, its possible that it could just all be for show aswell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Screenshot on 2006-04-25 10:03 ]</font>

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
Yea, I guess if you could buy them, we probably would have seen them by now.... Say when and if you can buy them... I wonder if they would be slicers O_O
I'm kinda worried since we have no evidence that slicers are in the game yet....In pso, the majority of the fan type weapons were slicers....So I'm hoping this might be evidence of their existance later in the game...

Axios-
Apr 25, 2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, it would seem odd for them to put non-usable weapons up as decoration seeing as how mostly all the weapons on the walls of PSO and PSU are available. I could see the fan being used as either a slicer or a dagger. I'd definitely prefer slicer as I imagine most others would as well. It'd still be funny to see someone running around dual wielding fans. >_>;

Anyways, here's hoping that we get fans later on.

EspioKaos
Apr 25, 2006, 12:28 PM
Notice in the type select screens, there is a fan-shaped icon within the bounds of the ranger weapons.

Axios-
Apr 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
I noticed that as well. Perhaps if it does exist, it may be exclusive to another planet's weapon shop. However, that would make its being displayed there seem very out of place. It's likely that ST just held some stuff back in the beta.

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/weapons.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axios- on 2006-04-25 10:36 ]</font>

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 25, 2006, 12:55 PM
Ah, yes, I see it now! Maybe fans are the new slicers O_O
Anyway, I was translating some of the weapons.... I saw some old weapons I recognized such as Sniper, Blaster, Baton, Gigush, Breaker, Brand, even a Frozen Shooter in the shop on the far right... O_O
some new things like, spear, pike, knuckle and such....
But there were alot of weapons that I hadn't the foggiest idea how to translate them... (my katakana to english sucks)

Perhaps Espio or someone else with a little more japanese knowledge can take a crack at it...

Edit: Upon further inspection... the "Frozen Shooter" in the far right shop isnt actually frozen shooter, but "frozen Shoot". Other items in this shop read "tornado break" "rising strike" "burning shoot" "plasma shoot" and some other things I can't read... So I guess the far right shop is the photon art shop...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Non-Toxic-Crayons on 2006-04-25 11:02 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Apr 25, 2006, 12:57 PM
Oh, I just noticed that items seem to have the old Star rating for rarity... Most I saw in the video was 2 Star rarity out of a max of 10 stars (with a little extra space for 2 stars adding up to the onld 12
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

mechatra
Apr 25, 2006, 01:48 PM
So...

another question I'm sure alot of people are wondering...

what on earth is that weapon above the cane and to the right of the handgun!?

DarK-SuN
Apr 25, 2006, 02:06 PM
Mechatra: Might be the rumoured whip weapon.

mechatra
Apr 25, 2006, 02:25 PM
I thought that was said to be the oddball looking weapon next to the photon bow?

Oh and on the weapon screen subject... wheres the wand? eh? eh!?

Screenshot
Apr 25, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-04-25 12:25, mechatra wrote:
I thought that was said to be the oddball looking weapon next to the photon bow?

Oh and on the weapon screen subject... wheres the wand? eh? eh!?It was at the first place I went too, you can see it when I'm switching the arrangement order of the items.

mechatra
Apr 25, 2006, 02:35 PM
Isn't that a cane? just with the name "wand"?

I'm talking about what we used to know as wands.
The two ended magic staffs.

There's shots of ethan using them so I'm just alittle curious.

Shade-
Apr 25, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-04-25 12:35, mechatra wrote:
Isn't that a cane? just with the name "wand"?

I'm talking about what we used to know as wands.
The two ended magic staffs.

There's shots of ethan using them so I'm just alittle curious.

I think what he is using is the new version of the double saber. I think it looks a bit foolish compared to the awesomeness of the doublesabers in PSO.

And about the photon whip being next to the bow: First of all, it is entirely possible that it is an error in translation and it's not truely a whip, but the icon is clearly some sort of firearm, and at that, 2 handed. I have never in my life seen or even heard of a whip being a 2 handed weapon.

My speculation right now is the item next to the handgun is the slicer-ish class, and the one next to that is the grenade. Origionally i thought the one next to the handgun could be the whip, but I got to wondering why it would be in the RA class weapons. Sure a whip probably has more range than a dagger, but it's probably not a projectile weapon. So in practicality, I'll bet on slicer. But did anyone notice it looks a lot like a one handed crossbow? With the longbow, it isn't out of the question, but it seems to get repetitive with handguns and mechguns already in place, unless it has a specific use that makes it diffrerent than the others.

mechatra
Apr 25, 2006, 02:55 PM
Sorry Shade. I get what you mean about the different appearance of double sabers in PSU, but it's deffinately a wand.

Look in teh techs section, and look up gifoie.

If that's not the old type wand then what the hell is it?

As for the whip. I kinda agree, the sybol next to the bow doesn't look like any kind of whip. I'm just going by an odd picture I've seen. Though I suppose if someone could come up with a text piece on it I could just translate that o_o:

Axios-
Apr 25, 2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah, a crossbow crossed my mind too, but it just doesn't seem necessary with the other guns, the bow, and such. The only ranged weapon that I can imagine to be missing is the slicer so I'm putting all likelihood on that.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 25, 2006, 04:13 PM
thanks, velocity for the gallery with everyones images in it. it really saves time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Uncle_bob
Apr 25, 2006, 04:16 PM
Is it 100% confirmed there is a grenade weapon? It just seems out of place in this game. D:

Shade-
Apr 25, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-04-25 14:16, Uncle_bob wrote:
Is it 100% confirmed there is a grenade weapon? It just seems out of place in this game. D:

I don't think so. They were just mentioned by a beta tester I think, so the credibility is not certain untill we see screenshots of them being used. I think a photon grenade isn't out of the question. you toss it toward your target, there is a short delay, and then it explodes with splash damage. When I heard about it I immediatly assumed it was a replacement for traps, since they were removed. The whip seems pretty cool. I dont know how well if fits with PS discription of photon energy. I thought photon energy couldn't bend, like how sabers are straight, and dont wobble around when you move them, like a whip would XD

Uncle_bob
Apr 25, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-04-25 14:35, Shade- wrote:

I don't think so. They were just mentioned by a beta tester I think, so the credibility is not certain untill we see screenshots of them being used. I think a photon grenade isn't out of the question. you toss it toward your target, there is a short delay, and then it explodes with splash damage. When I heard about it I immediatly assumed it was a replacement for traps, since they were removed. The whip seems pretty cool. I dont know how well if fits with PS discription of photon energy. I thought photon energy couldn't bend, like how sabers are straight, and dont wobble around when you move them, like a whip would XD

Ahah..that could work then. But with the way weapons work now, couldn't they end up being spammed? D:

And Photon Whips COULD work. Think about the whip being a non-photon material, and the tip of the whip being photon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Who knows.

SSNX
Apr 25, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-04-25 12:55, mechatra wrote:
If that's not the old type wand then what the hell is it?
Reskined cane (do we really need two single handed force weapons?).

QuadTail
Apr 25, 2006, 04:43 PM
I love that Bruce Lee imitation emote (the last one) in the "Emotes.wmv" that Parn posted! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Whee~!

And that breakdance was neato, too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif That backflip is something I'd probably use alot... And how cool wouldn't that wrestler jump-kick be with a really fat character?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shade-
Apr 25, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-04-25 14:41, Uncle_bob wrote:

On 2006-04-25 14:35, Shade- wrote:

Ahah..that could work then. But with the way weapons work now, couldn't they end up being spammed? D:

And Photon Whips COULD work. Think about the whip being a non-photon material, and the tip of the whip being photon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Who knows.

they could be spammed, but the why they are limmiting spamming with gun weapons is each shot, in this case grenade, takes up PP, so even with normal shots, you will run out of PP really fast if you just spam it.

good call on the whip too, i didn't think if that.

RoninJoku
Apr 25, 2006, 05:12 PM
I wonder if they would make slicers use PP... (assuming they ARE included)

Hmmm... Though the idea of a photon whip IS appealing... It definitely does not seem plausible... I suppose it could be a normal material with photon at the end, but that kind of defeats the excitement of a photon whip imo...

Btw, where is this idea that photon whips even exist coming from???

Brus
Apr 25, 2006, 06:48 PM
Can someone post screenies of perhaps all the character's ingame menu's (not creation) during the game, such as equipment, mail, etc. that'd be great.

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 09:23 PM
lol, i come from the net.
http://www.imagerat.com/images/Shojin/psu20060425203420033.jpg

Kimil
Apr 25, 2006, 09:59 PM
I'd Like to See Screenies of Vehicles, POp Up Chats and shops... Thanky Kindly for what ever you ca show ^.^

EspioKaos
Apr 25, 2006, 10:21 PM
On 2006-04-25 10:55, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
Ah, yes, I see it now! Maybe fans are the new slicers O_O
Anyway, I was translating some of the weapons.... I saw some old weapons I recognized such as Sniper, Blaster, Baton, Gigush, Breaker, Brand, even a Frozen Shooter in the shop on the far right... O_O
some new things like, spear, pike, knuckle and such....
But there were alot of weapons that I hadn't the foggiest idea how to translate them... (my katakana to english sucks)

Perhaps Espio or someone else with a little more japanese knowledge can take a crack at it...

Edit: Upon further inspection... the "Frozen Shooter" in the far right shop isnt actually frozen shooter, but "frozen Shoot". Other items in this shop read "tornado break" "rising strike" "burning shoot" "plasma shoot" and some other things I can't read... So I guess the far right shop is the photon art shop...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Non-Toxic-Crayons on 2006-04-25 11:02 ]</font>

I've got quite a few weapons shop screens that I'm working on translating. They're coming up soon on my list of things to translate, so I'll have item names, descriptions, and stats ready in the next day or so as long as I have enough free time to finish them. I've already finished translations for a large number of items available in shops as well as regular drop items.

-----
ITEMS
-----

Monomate
HP restorative liquid. Restores a small amount of HP to the one who uses it.
Maximum Holding Capacity: 20

Dimate
HP restorative liquid. Restores a large amount of HP to the one who uses it.

Trimate
HP restorative liquid. Completely restores the HP of the one who uses it.

Antimate
A healing liquid that cures all abnormal status effects on the one who uses it.

Sol Atomizer
A medicine which cures the user as well as surrounding allies of all abnormal status effects.
Maximum Holding Capacity: 10

Moon Atomizer
A medicine which revives surrounding allies who have fallen in battle.

Scape Doll
Automatically and completely revives the owner if they fall in battle. Making use of nanotrance technology, this is the latest in portable medical treatment.

Photon Charge
PP restorative liquid. Restores the PP of the weapon it is used on.

Damage Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Several traps can be set simultaneously.
Maximum Holding Capacity: 30

Burn Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds combustion status effect.

Freeze Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds freezing status effect.

Poison Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds poison status effect.

Confuse Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds confusion status effect.

Sleep Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds sleep status effect.

Virus Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds infection status effect.

Shock Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds electrocution status effect.

Silence Trap
Automatically explodes several seconds after being set. Adds silence status effect.

Damage Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed.
Maximum Holding Capacity: 15

Burn Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds combustion status effect.

Freeze Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds freezing status effect.

Poison Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds poison status effect.

Confuse Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds confusion status effect.

Sleep Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds sleep status effect.

Virus Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds infection status effect.

Shock Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds electrocution status effect.

Silence Trap G
A trap that can be set on a timer to explode after being placed. Adds silence status effect.

----------------------
SYNTHESIS & ROOM GOODS
----------------------

Photon
A particle of photon energy which has been rendered inactive and converted to a solid form. Is used in weapon and defensive gear syntheses.
No Attribute

Megiphoton
A particle of photon energy which has been rendered inactive and converted to a solid form. Is used in weapon and defensive gear syntheses.
Attribute: Dark

Kahlarian
A simple metal manufactured to be light-weight. Used for the blades of single-handed melee weapons.

Athenalin
A material used in all weapon and defensive gear syntheses. It acts as a catalyst which fuses photon and metal together, and also greatly influences the value of the finished product.

Wenuthelin
A material used in all weapon and defensive gear syntheses. It acts as a catalyst which fuses photon and metal together, and also greatly influences the value of the finished product.

Board/Retialide
A synth board for a technic attack power-increasing medicine.
Bitter Berry
Trans Acid

Board/Zodialide
(I haven't seen a screen with a description of this item yet.)

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 25, 2006, 10:43 PM
Wow! look at all those traps!! Does this mean everyone can now use traps? I am very impressed with how many different types there are... who knows... there might even be more O_O

Thanks for the translations Espio! this is some exciting stuff if you ask me =3

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2006, 10:44 PM
On 2006-04-25 20:21, EspioKaos wrote:
Scape Doll
Automatically and completely revives the owner if they fall in battle. Making use of nanotrance technology, this is the latest in portable medical treatment.

So it is safe to assume that Scape Doll x10 no longer will take up 10 inventory slots? That's good news, at least to me.

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 11:18 PM
grood. i never really used scape dolls... i would just put them in my bank and forget about them.... i usually forgot to take them out for boss battles too @_@

lokin_modar
Apr 26, 2006, 07:30 AM
Oh, man... I'm gonna start crying if i see more screenshots... this game is so beautiful....

mechatra
Apr 26, 2006, 08:06 AM
Awesome stuffs Parn.

So how do the spears and double sabers handle in your opinion?

BTW loving kyouri's room ^_^

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 09:13 AM
So how's the damage output on that FOcast, Parn? XD

EDIT: Oh, wait. "53". Hahaha.

DOUBLE EDIT: Of course, I have no idea what effect level has on it and what level the other FO users I've seen were, so the question stands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2006-04-26 07:14 ]</font>

mechatra
Apr 26, 2006, 09:15 AM
While we're commenting and asking questions.

What race is Shojin? I can't tell whether he's a beast or a numan. he looks like a beast but I just realised that he could very well be a numan.

SSNX
Apr 26, 2006, 10:00 AM
Nice video oShojino. It’s big, but not as big as I imagined. Why does everyone run so slowly?

Parn
Apr 26, 2006, 11:21 AM
The spear is my favorite weapon, since it has decent damage, hits multiple enemies in a line in front, and has decent speed. The dual sabers look nice, but they feel a little awkward, not my cup of tea.

As far as the FOcast goes, I don't have anything to compare to yet as far as damage output, since I don't know what a level 1 foie from a numan would do. I made him mostly to prove that it could be done, heh. I do know that I could kill enemies in two foie casts, and it was definitely easier to do that than take enemies in melee with my hunter. Ranger was really easy to play, as I was sniping monsters for a bit since casts start as ranger by default and I had no money initially to class change, though the photon point limitation on their guns can be cumbersome despite having 700+ points on their default rifle. Hunters can get away with carrying maybe one melee weapon and still being able to fight with no issue, but rangers might need to take several guns with them for tougher missions. Forces kind of fall into a similar situation with having some limitations on how much they can cast (given that they do incredible damage), and both classes can fall back on basic melee weaponry if they choose, though they're definitely not built for such.

The only thing I'd like to confirm next is if forces can level up melee weapon photon arts. They level up their techs through usage just like hunters level photon arts through usage. I think someone asked if a force could melee with a cane, and I didn't see any ability to do so.

RoninJoku
Apr 26, 2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the clarification on FO capabilities! Yes, it was me who asked if FOs could melee with a cane... A little bit disappointing if they can't, but hey, as long as I have the ability to switch weapons I can't complain really... Besides, I should save all my binding slots on canes for Techs anyway I suppose...

EDIT*Hmm, I thought you said that you
were confirming FOs can level up PAs, but I guess that wasn't the case? :/ Damn, I sure hope so, even if it is severely limited...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-26 09:30 ]</font>

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 26, 2006, 11:33 AM
Did dual sabers and daggers just get released? Any other new weapons come out too?
If someone could make a new video showcasing the new weapons and new area that I've already seen screens of... that would be peachy =)

Parn
Apr 26, 2006, 11:34 AM
I hope not, actually. That'd be rather unfair if forces could level up techs AND photon arts while hunters and rangers only get photon arts.

It'd be like PSO version 1 on Dreamcast all over again, where HUmars have all the stats that forces do at level 100 and more, and all the same techs (see: "advanced gameplay").

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-04-26 09:37 ]</font>

Ryna
Apr 26, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-04-26 09:33, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
Did dual sabers and daggers just get released? Any other new weapons come out too?
If someone could make a new video showcasing the new weapons and new area that I've already seen screens of... that would be peachy =)

Dual wield sabers, daggers, and handguns were just released. Supposedly, mechguns were released as well, but I haven't seen them yet. The new dual-wield weapons look pretty awesome.

lokin_modar
Apr 26, 2006, 11:46 AM
Cool, my questions are being deleted! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 12:37 PM
So I've seen that you can get cat-like ears on a Beast character which would answer my friends question. I'd also like to ask if it was just me... But do those ears look more like Mayu's ears?

Great screenshots and videos by the way. And those Dual Saber's look awesome. So the plan seems to be to add more content as the beta moves along. Maybe we can finally see that Fan type weapon in action as well as the Photon whip.

RoninJoku
Apr 26, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yay! Thanks for the tour oShojino!

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 26, 2006, 01:01 PM
I really enjoyed the tour of the colony.... It kinda reminded me of this big mall near my house.... What with the multiple floors of random shops on each side.... and how you can look over the sides to see the ppl below... Really cool... ST did a really good job with the general feel of the guardians colony.
So the clothing shops are open now it would seem? How much do new duds run for? Is it expensive by games standards?

Zeota
Apr 26, 2006, 02:15 PM
THe new duds go anywhere from 8k-40k right now.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 26, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-04-26 12:15, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
THe new duds go anywhere from 8k-40k right now.

That sounds pretty expensive. How much do you get on average from completing a mission?

Lord_DS
Apr 26, 2006, 03:12 PM
OMG is it normal that your character walk so slowly in the video of 27 min? I mean he looks like he is walking on the moon, and it sux so much O_o

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2006, 03:26 PM
PSOBB ran just like that before I upgraded my video card, so that's probably the problem. Changing the auto frame-skip to 1 would surely fix the slowness.

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 03:26 PM
Wow!! I really like how Midori, and Shojino's characters look. This is really gonna be a greater game!

Dre_o
Apr 26, 2006, 03:38 PM
I'm assuming the whole video thing is that he was trying to let you get the FEEL of the colony (that is why he walked). I bet you can run at any time (please, prove me wrong or correct on this)

EDIT: Please ignore above statement until I have seen the video. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

But anyways, I want to see Dual Pistols and Dagggers.

EDIT: Also, check post above mine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-04-26 13:40 ]</font>

oShojino
Apr 26, 2006, 03:49 PM
Thankyou for the comments everyone, glad you enjoyed my video! To answer questions, I'm a Newman my foie at level 1 did roughly 43-45 damage on the c rank missions, at level 9 on the fo setting it does about 100-115 to c rank colony enemies and 78-85 on b rank colony enemies (I was level 8 ). Don't worry about the running speeds, fraps shot me down to 30 fps so everything moved slower then it would in the real game. The next time I make a video Im going to try to use 50-60 fps... but unfortunately fraps is being a jerk and wont work for me currently.

Oh also, it is possible to melee with a cane but you have to sacrifice a spell spot which I wouldnt advise. I think higher level two handed weapons get to use the up arrow key as a techniquie place too so forces may potentially get 3 spell spots (with the staff weapon). In FO mode I could use spears, and I could use the photon art with them but the damage was less then hunter of course. I will check tonight if my PA actually levels up while in fo mode with a spear. I dont think there are any fo PA's either, I didnt see any in the list. In HU mode I couldnt equip the cane, and I couldnt equip spells to melee weapons... I'm thinking that if you want to be a Hu/Fo type youll have to stay on FO type and work with the limited weapon selection as you can use PA's on FO type but you cant use spells on HU type. Im hoping twin sabers fall under the fo category in the future, but right now fo's have spears and daggers which have really nice PA's.

-Shojin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-04-26 13:49 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 03:52 PM
GREAT!! This is just GREAT!LOL!!

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 04:26 PM
Sweet fnark, 153 EXP per enemy? That's probably going to change for the full game. I can't help but notice that some of the people in Screenshot's latest video end up with a Zalure effect on them. Perhaps the enemies will use that sort of thing more often? It can't hurt the strategic element of the game...

RoninJoku
Apr 26, 2006, 04:32 PM
Sounds like I'm going FO with a spear for now! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Thanks oShojino! I'm really excited now! Now if only there was a way to use (weakened) magic as a Hunter or a Ranger

Also, thanks for the new area video Screenshot! Wow! Level 46 monsters already! That is frightening! But it helps to support a higher level cap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 04:35 PM
So Zalure is what caused that monster to deal 523 damage to you sreenshot?

zandra117
Apr 26, 2006, 04:36 PM
When I was watching the 27 minute video of the Guardians Colony I noticed that on the ground in front of one of the locked doors there was large writing that said "Flyer Duty". I wonder If in the full game we can go through that door and accept missions that allow us to go into space with the Guardians Flyer and defend the colony from Rouges or SEED.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 26, 2006, 05:36 PM
Great videos and screenshots to everyone who posted them! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Screenshot
Apr 26, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-04-26 14:35, TheStoicOne wrote:
So Zalure is what caused that monster to deal 523 damage to you sreenshot?I'm not sure, can't recall what he hit me with. Even if I had full health I couldn't have survived that hit with a force, and it was 524 damage, not 523.

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-04-26 15:59, Screenshot wrote:

On 2006-04-26 14:35, TheStoicOne wrote:
So Zalure is what caused that monster to deal 523 damage to you sreenshot?I'm not sure, can't recall what he hit me with. Even if I had full health I couldn't have survived that hit with a force, and it was 524 damage, not 523.

LOL!! Well I was gonn say 500+ but I thought I could remeber a 3-digit number for 5 seconds, I guess not.

Axios-
Apr 26, 2006, 06:20 PM
This is about the official pictures on the front page.

Wouldn't it be amazing to be walking around the colony and see SONIC and AMY run by? >_>;

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 06:41 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5539/psu200604262128200002fd.jpg

"Upon further consideration, asking that Beast how far he could throw a Newman was probably a bad idea."

oShojino
Apr 26, 2006, 07:41 PM
Lol, nice caption =p.

_Tek_
Apr 26, 2006, 09:03 PM
I noticed the zombies walking around. Does the game load randomly created characters into the lobby's?

Ryna
Apr 26, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-04-26 19:03, _Tek_ wrote:
I noticed the zombies walking around. Does the game load randomly created characters into the lobby's?

That is exactly what it does. It gives the appearance of everything as being "busy."

RoninJoku
Apr 26, 2006, 09:30 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, it appears that those "zombies" are always walking around in the background of the city, but it looks like anytime someone gets close to them they disappear (probably as to not obstruct your view and make you feel cramped)... Also, I noticed player characters load first as one of these ghost like npcs, but then after the game loads their skin/outfit, they appear as normal...

oShojino
Apr 26, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-04-26 16:41, Kupi wrote:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5539/psu200604262128200002fd.jpg

"Upon further consideration, asking that Beast how far he could throw a Newman was probably a bad idea."

You know, looking at this screenshot again Im surprised no one has made a FFX reference yet.

CGar683
Apr 26, 2006, 09:41 PM
Hmm... I skimmed the past few pages... and I didn't see my question (although I'm probably blind). Are the "dual sabers" in the pictures shown two single sabers equpped in both hands, or is it like the musashi from PSO and is one weapon?

xenokai
Apr 26, 2006, 09:58 PM

Um i think sony announced that they are gonna use emultation to run old games liek 360 does which means no new games wont be beckward compatible till after they get a emultator for the game. so dont get you hopes up.

oShojino
Apr 27, 2006, 01:57 AM
Gcar dual wield sabers are a weapon class on their own just like musashis in Pso, sabers and dual wield sabers even have different PA's.. I doubt that in PSU (like most games) that youll be able to equip two single sabers or two single guns to make them dual.. though I have a feeling through PM and player crafting that we will be able to combine two single sabers into a dual saber type (though altering the weapon type forever).

Kudos goes to Jon for hosting my 27 min Guardians Colony Video, I updated the link in the post that I had the mega upload link... so you can grab it there.

-Shojin

Nuke
Apr 27, 2006, 02:33 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^^^Screenshot = Sphere shot FFX =) i love blitzball

mechatra
Apr 27, 2006, 03:37 AM
Well I'll be! he's a numan eh?

Hehe nice caption shot there Shojino ^_^ I lol'd
The reason I was abit surprised was that I planned to make a beast that almost looks identical to him at the start of all this o_O:

Btw I thought the tour was lovely aswell.

_Tek_
Apr 27, 2006, 03:40 AM
You can certainly make Link from legend of zelda now.

There's even a similar voice.