PDA

View Full Version : Could you help me out?

Violation
Apr 22, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hey everybody. I am a new member but have been reading all your guys comments since it all began. I have also played everyone single 3d Phantasy star online game and have tried out a few of the old ones (But haven't completed them.) Anyway I was just wondering if you could help me out.

Since I live in the UK and the chances for a simultaneous release is slim, would it be possible to buy the American version of PSU when it comes out and play it here in the UK? I mean if the release date is only like a one month's difference I will wait. But I am kind of desperate now. Also I want to get it for the PC. Hi all and Thanks in advance...

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 12:26 PM
I was thinking i could help you out right up until you said you wanted to get it for the PC >_<

I'm going to be importing the Ps2 japanese version as soon as it gets released (I'm U.K. based aswell)

I'm afraid you may not be able to run it normally on your PC since US, and UK disks are set to different region coding, but someone with abit more PC importing knowledge should really fill you in.

wow I achieved so much in this post... >_>

Violation
Apr 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
It does not matter Mechatra. Thanks for taking your time to try and help!

Mewn
Apr 22, 2006, 12:55 PM
There's no region locking on PC disks, at all. You could play the Japanese disk, the US disk, or the EU disk in outer Timbuktu, probably.

So yeah, you will be able to play the US version. I'm going to be importing the JP version and then the US one. Both will work on my computer.

butzopower
Apr 22, 2006, 12:56 PM
The game might be download for the PC, although with an offline story I doubt it? Sega does have a pay to download service kind of thing.

http://www.shopsega.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayCategoryListPage&SiteID=sega&Locale=en_US&parentCategoryID=791600&categoryID=791700

Violation
Apr 22, 2006, 01:29 PM
So are you guys saying it's fully possible to buy the American Version, Pay the monthly fee even though they will know im based in the UK, and then be able to play with no problems? If so then i'm really happy. Which leads me to my second question. Are the European and American services joint? Not likely Japan is too but are any of them joint. Also anyone care to elaborate on the topic of 360 users being able to play with pc users? Thanks again guys...

mechatra
Apr 22, 2006, 01:37 PM
Well damn I didn't know PC disks weren't region protected?

Makes sense though I guess >_>

I can help you about your question on the servers being linked.
ST has commented on the "word select" function in the PSO games being brought back into PSU. This hints that the servers will be connected all over the world, so someone in the U.K. can connect with and speak to someone in Japan.