PDA

View Full Version : What's PSU look like with a good Gpu? at max?

xenokai
Apr 23, 2006, 10:43 PM
i wacthed parns video and just hate the graphics =/ what card was he using? I may go with the xbox 360 and just run my dial up threw my pc then to my 360 if they use the same server it should run like that <ffxi beta did on 360 since i cant get dsl here in the stix> But i was just wanting to see a glimps of this game with good graphics cause so far i havent seen a good screen. Parns videos are nice but it had very choppy graphic's. =/ Maybe its that im use to 360 games i donno lol

vitius137
Apr 23, 2006, 10:47 PM
"The videos don't capture the visuals all that well. The reason is that I'm capturing at half the resolution that I run, and instead of using bicubic or bilinear filtering for resizing, FRAPS is using nearest neighbor (i.e. just eliminating half the pixels), and so the recorded videos make the game look jaggier than it really is."

Parn announced this in the screenshot/movies comment topic.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 23, 2006, 10:49 PM
Or maybe it's because of the way the video was recorded/encoded/compressed? Parn has already stated elsewhere that he was using nearest-neighbor pixeling for recording the video, so that is why it looks a lot choppier and jaggier than it really is.

Given a good setup, I'm sure the graphics will be just as good or better on PC than on XBOX.

VioletSkye
Apr 23, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-04-23 20:47, vitius137 wrote:
"The videos don't capture the visuals all that well. The reason is that I'm capturing at half the resolution that I run, and instead of using bicubic or bilinear filtering for resizing, FRAPS is using nearest neighbor (i.e. just eliminating half the pixels), and so the recorded videos make the game look jaggier than it really is."

Parn announced this in the screenshot/movies comment topic.

FRAPS doesn't have an option for Nearest neightbor, its the encoder he is using to resize the videos that has the nearest neighbor option.

REJ-
Apr 24, 2006, 01:29 AM
Generally, a good PC will have better graphics than the consoles.

Jools
Apr 24, 2006, 03:04 AM
The PC version was markedly crisper than the PS2 version at TGS.

-Jools

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jools on 2006-04-24 01:06 ]</font>