PDA

View Full Version : a possible US beta?

ANIMEniac
Apr 24, 2006, 01:41 AM
I would really like a US beta for 2 reasons.
1)so we all can get in legaly and can READ
2) there have been alot of complaints like voice and slider not making buff enuf, so if we can get our own beta we can talk to sonic team about these things and have a 2% chance of them doing something. me on the other hand... any ST based forum i have tried to register have all had problems with me

Getintothegame
Apr 24, 2006, 01:46 AM
The US has never really had a true 'Beta'. The PSOBB Beta was more or less of an excuse to get the game a little more public before going pay to play.

All the betas (PSO1&2 GC, PSO3, PSOBB, and PSU) have been released in Japan. Now, they might open the beta up when they release the US version of PSU, but it will probably be open, if they do it.

Eclypse
Apr 24, 2006, 01:51 AM
Wouldn't really matter if we had our own beta or not because we will be thrown on the same servers with the JPN and EU players more than likely once the game goes live.

ANIMEniac
Apr 24, 2006, 01:56 AM
i think it might have the option to go on international servers, but i dont think it will be a giant mish mash... btw, where does a platapus learn a word like hodgepodge?

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 04:26 AM
I also doubt seeing a free demo.

Pso v2 for pc had a free demo because it was basically a port of the DC version. So there was no need to re-beta a game already released.

Halcyon17
Apr 24, 2006, 05:03 AM
I hope there's a US beta to test out the US/EU only servers. I think ST made a great move seperating the two versions.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 05:13 AM
I think they only need one beta really. They test the game that way, fix any problems. Only difference forUS would be to change it to english. That's just text and sound.

But for servers, would they really need a beta to see if the US ones worked? If there were any problems they are right there to fix it. It doesn't have anything to do with the game.

youknowwhatimeanthere?

MasterChuck
Apr 24, 2006, 07:31 AM
I'd rather them finish up the current closed beta then get the game published ASAP, without further delay due to yet another beta just to appease US fans.