PDA

View Full Version : Hmm which one!

Violation
Apr 24, 2006, 01:15 PM
I just can't decide what race I will choose. I want to choose Humans (Never play as humans in mmo's) But I hate all rounders. It's just because there appearance is really cool. I have always realy valueda cool appearance. I want a black+blue suit with white spiky hair!

In all the other pso's I played as a Hume though :/ However, I am worried that they will pale in comparision to others in close combat. I might be a cast but am not sure if they are much better then humans at close combat or better at all. This is the reason I want to try character customization. If I can make cast's have a really cool human like face (seen a few) with white hair then I might go along with that.

I might even be a beast because I know they own in close combat, only I don't like there appearance so it's my third choice :/

Blah I might even be Newman! Howver Since seeing that combat video I want to be a close combat fighter. It's really hard to decide. Any help? For example the tier list of melee and ranged etc. Any help would be cool, and maybe this topic could help others.

Thanks in advance!

Nedeti
Apr 24, 2006, 01:19 PM
newman have skills from start... i took human http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Magician
Apr 24, 2006, 01:21 PM
Newman, all the way.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 04:21 PM
one of each for me.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 24, 2006, 04:36 PM
Other than my main avatar-character), I will have either a small Human female, or small Newman(Numan) female, and a female cast, possible the one resembling the Racaseal maid in black from PSO. I like the concept of a spooky dimunitive girl that weilds huge swords to kill enemies, sort of like Emily Strange as a PSU HUnter..... hehehehe.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 24, 2006, 05:08 PM
go human all the way! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bot-Bot
Apr 24, 2006, 05:12 PM
I'm going to be a beast for my main character, for 2 reasons;

1) First, I want to be different from everyone else.
2) I love close range combat.

scott1114
Apr 24, 2006, 05:22 PM
get beast they excell frickin well in close combatt, my friend has a lvl 16 one and he kicks

Zinger314
Apr 24, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-04-24 15:12, Bot-Bot wrote:
I'm going to be a beast for my main character, for 2 reasons;

1) First, I want to be different from everyone else.
2) I love close range combat.

1 and 2...kinda contratict each other.

I urge you all to take the unique route. I, however, am making a Cast Ranger. (Unless new information from the Beta surfaces that Rangers are broken beyond repair)

Violation
Apr 24, 2006, 05:54 PM
this is too hard :/

I mean, do humans pale in comparision to beasts in cc?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Violation on 2006-04-24 15:56 ]</font>

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-04-24 14:21, _Tek_ wrote:
one of each for me.

scott1114
Apr 24, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-04-24 15:54, Violation wrote:
this is too hard :/

I mean, do humans pale in comparision to beasts in cc?

Nope, but humans are good overall from what I've seen, while beast kinda suk in magic and ranged combat
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Violation on 2006-04-24 15:56 ]</font>

Violation
Apr 24, 2006, 06:07 PM
who are better in cc. Casts or humans? I'm not sure because casts are great at ranged but humans are all rounders so stats must be in the middle kind of. It's probably a silly question and it's more then likely that humans are better, but I just want to make sure.

vitius137
Apr 26, 2006, 08:24 PM
im guessing casts are just as good as humans at cc. i found something like this a while ago on the forums.
A=great with this type
B=good with this type
C=suxx with this type

======HU RA FO
Human: B B B
Cast : B A C
Beast : A C B
Newm : C B A

as you can see cast and human are both B's in HU skills so they should be about the same. if you want to be pure HU, choose beast. if u want cc but also shoot a lot choose cast and if u want to be cc, some guns and some magic choose human. i dunno what things are for newm, i personally dont use them as HUs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-04-26 18:25 ]</font>

Violation
Apr 26, 2006, 08:27 PM
wow, tahnks dude! I migth actually consider cast now. Im not to desperate for casting magic and such so...Yea I might just choose a cast! it's just I have to try character creation to make my guy look cool. I also care deeply for appearance...

Random fact! In CoH I won a really huge costume competition!

Axios-
Apr 26, 2006, 08:30 PM
Well, that A, B, C chart isn't incredibly specific, but I'd say that casts and humans should be basically on par with each other. Then again I haven't played the beta so there's no first-hand info here. -.-

Pseudo
Apr 26, 2006, 08:45 PM
Like i've said before im going to be a cast for my first character, I'll gladly back-up anybody here in a battle, but i will probably raise my PM to a high level first. (so it can cover me ^_^)

Im definitly having a Human Ranger (rogue) and a Female Beast (im going to recreate Ouka the divine fist from .Hack) My final character will be a Newman Force user ( i might make him/her oriental in style)