PDA

View Full Version : for the beta testers. Which city do you like so far?

zandra117
Apr 24, 2006, 04:57 PM
Which city do you like best so far? The Guardians Colony or Parum?

scott1114
Apr 24, 2006, 05:31 PM
Parum, looks way more lively, and I don't like the usic in guardian's colony http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

therealAERO
Apr 24, 2006, 05:36 PM
You have to walk miles either way, but I just love the feel of the Airport/SUPER MALL of the COLONY

Halcyon17
Apr 24, 2006, 05:59 PM
Parum's more vibrant to me but colony is still cool ;o

Split
Apr 24, 2006, 06:32 PM
lucky bastards...

Ryna
Apr 24, 2006, 06:36 PM
I like the size of the Guardian Colony, but Parum definitely has better music. So, it is a tie for me.

Nedeti
Apr 24, 2006, 06:37 PM
Parum since i can lay low underneath the umbrellas infront of the restorants to hide my skin from the burning sun

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 24, 2006, 06:40 PM
Parum: Its just more organized. Missions to the east, shops to the west. With the colony its sort of all over the place.

OdinTyler
Apr 24, 2006, 09:47 PM
Has it been confirmed that there will only be 1 city on each planet? The GC doesn't count as it's a colony in space. It is what it is. But for the planets, do we know as of yet?

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 09:54 PM
Wasn't it said in an interview that there'd be like 3 for each planet?

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 09:57 PM
i think so

OdinTyler
Apr 24, 2006, 10:01 PM
Three per planet? Still small in comparison to other RPGs. However, I'll let it go seeing as judging by what we know, the cities are huge. I won't complain as it beats what Pioneer 2 has offered. Besides, each of the cities that we've seen have a unique look dictated by the planet it's on & the level of detail is amazing. I'm STILL stunned by how nice it all is. I haven't been in any of the cities yet, but, I just get the idea that each city gives you a certain feel to it. For example, Parum's shown city has a very modern, metropolis feel to it. Dagora City on Moatoob will most likely have that nomadic, post-apocalyptic feel to it. I'm sure you can easily get lost in the mood of any city & forget you're suppose to go XP or go on a quest. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mechatra
Apr 25, 2006, 05:00 AM
I so badly can't wait to just relax in one of the cities of Neudaiz, relaxing by some nice water feature or something.

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 05:35 AM
Its more realistic than PSO.

I think PSU will hurt more than pso did.

mechatra
Apr 25, 2006, 05:37 AM
Hurt more? how so?

OdinTyler
Apr 25, 2006, 08:49 AM
He means the following will hurt: social life, lack of sleep, etc. LOL I have to agree. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RFB
Apr 25, 2006, 09:13 AM
Lack of sleep here, I couldnt get myself to sleep until 4:30 AM, and still I woke up myself at 9:30 AM, without any sort of alarm(servers open up at 10:00AM where I live), I wonder what could my mind be thinking of while dreaming =P

This game is too good to be true. Pity Nisshoku & I didnt make it to dragon, I wanted to meet him. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Damn almost forgot the poll. I prefer Parum, feels livelier, in the colony I feel kinda jailed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2006-04-25 07:15 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Apr 25, 2006, 10:01 AM
I didn't think that there were three citites per planet. I thought that Parum and Newdaiz both had two major cities, and Motwab had several smaller towns and villages. However, from what I was reading in the threads here - you can't enter a city once on a quest, but you can take "pit stops" at other locations to restock on supplies and rest your party. Do these "Pit Stops" represent small towns, villages, buisnesses (like Dream Dream Farm) along the overworld map?

Ryna
Apr 25, 2006, 10:05 AM
On 2006-04-25 08:01, Sinue_v2 wrote:
However, from what I was reading in the threads here - you can't enter a city once on a quest, but you can take "pit stops" at other locations to restock on supplies and rest your party. Do these "Pit Stops" represent small towns, villages, buisnesses (like Dream Dream Farm) along the overworld map?

On the Guardian Colony, the first pit stop is a large room with an item vendor and recharging cube. The setup for Parum is similar. However, the large room is replaced with a small military barracks.

Parn
Apr 25, 2006, 10:14 AM
This is one of the "pit stops" shortly after you finish off the dragon:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/beta/0019.jpg

There is an exit that implies usage in missions for the future, but for now, nada. All that's in the vicinity is a vendor, that cool looking vehicle that you can't do anything with, and a nice view. You can see the city off in the distance standing at one of the cliffs in the area.