PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Xbox Servers To Be Separated!

Tomeeboy
Apr 24, 2006, 05:43 PM
As posted on the front page:
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1504

Let's get the comments and speculation rolling! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maridia
Apr 24, 2006, 05:46 PM
Haaahahaha. Why does that not surprise me? Then the xbox players can look forward to what's happening to PSOX right now whenever PSU winds down in a few years. <_<

Seems kinda silly to seperate everyone. Oh well.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 24, 2006, 05:46 PM
NOOOOOOOOO! lol oh well i wasnt gonna play on xbox 360 anyway. heck i dont even got one, but this might have been a bad move for st, but hey who am i to say we wont know till the game is released.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RFB
Apr 24, 2006, 05:47 PM
Side A:
It's a bad move, all the players sharing the same servers would be much better, the game would be a lot livelier.

Side B:
Well, there is no voice communication in PSU, maybe they are not going to share servers, because the 360 version of PSU will actually offer built-in voice communication.

scott1114
Apr 24, 2006, 05:51 PM
I hate microsoft, so I dont care lol

VioletSkye
Apr 24, 2006, 05:56 PM
I'm totally disappointed, I would have liked all of us to be able to play together regardless of the version http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
lol right after I went and said it was unknown on gamertag radio.

Guess we shouldn't expect it this year on the 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-24 15:58 ]</font>

Violation
Apr 24, 2006, 05:59 PM
*sigh* I had several close friends who were going to play with me with their xbox 360's (i'm on pc) This is terrible :/

Wavey
Apr 24, 2006, 06:05 PM
well I hope this means there won;t be exclusive features on the 360 version. Like a sort-of Ver 2

Ash1ey
Apr 24, 2006, 06:20 PM
That sucks, I had a few friends who have 360 who were planning on getting it....

Oji_Retta
Apr 24, 2006, 06:22 PM
That came straight out the cut! There was speculation about the 360 being separate like the xbox, but I really thought that all servers would be joined except maybe the JP ones.

Nuclearranger
Apr 24, 2006, 06:25 PM
Well this sux

DamonKatu
Apr 24, 2006, 06:51 PM
AH HAHAHAHAHA! WAHAHAHAHA! Ohohohohohoh!! I KNEW IT!! hehe! Mycrosoft always get laughted at when situations like that always happens. Thats what I call sectionalism. (rolls over and dies laughting)

Protatora
Apr 24, 2006, 06:53 PM
Where'd PSO world come across this info? Hack Sega? >_>

PS: I love the microsoft haters who are more than likly using either a Microsoft OS or program right now. V_V;

xenokai
Apr 24, 2006, 06:58 PM
NOOOOOOO why!!!! they could still have voice chat threw the dashboard. right now its 1-1 chat but they are gonna update it so multiple people can chat on 1 channel why do this!!!!! i wanted the 360 ver and not the pc guess pc is required for me since my friend doesnt have a 360 just a pc =/

HC82
Apr 24, 2006, 07:00 PM
Not good....
I think this is fairly problematic. Now it's a matter of deciding which console to play on and which friends will be where. I understand the whole voice chat thing, but doesn't PS2 have a headset?

Ash1ey
Apr 24, 2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah, ps2 has a headset. I have one, its not the best product in the world but it works.

Oji_Retta
Apr 24, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-04-24 16:51, DamonKatu wrote:
AH HAHAHAHAHA! WAHAHAHAHA! Ohohohohohoh!! I KNEW IT!! hehe! Mycrosoft always get laughted at when situations like that always happens. Thats what I call sectionalism. (rolls over and dies laughting)

Not cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-04-24 17:08 ]</font>

Z-man
Apr 24, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-04-24 16:51, DamonKatu wrote:

This is exactly the kind of borderline mentally retarded attitude that I'll enjoy being away from while playing on 360.

Zinger314
Apr 24, 2006, 07:34 PM
I don't believe it until an official announcement is made.

I don't give a damn about an "official source."

Inazuma
Apr 24, 2006, 07:36 PM
now the sales of psu on the japanese xbox360 will go from 1,000 to only 200 or so -_-

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 24, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-04-24 17:36, Inazuma wrote:
now the sales of psu on the japanese xbox360 will go from 1,000 to only 200 or so -_-

lol funny but true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zandra117
Apr 24, 2006, 07:52 PM
I think this is false information because I just went searching all over the net for any proof behind this and the only thing I found was that PSOBB is going to be in the xbox live arcade and will not be linked to the pc version. There was no mention of the xbox360 version of PSU not being linked on sega's website or any other sites that I searched.

Ryna
Apr 24, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-04-24 17:52, zandra117 wrote:
I think this is false information because I just went searching all over the net for any proof behind this and the only thing I found was that PSOBB is going to be in the xbox live arcade and will not be linked to the pc version.

I doubt you will find any other information right now since it an exclusive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wavey
Apr 24, 2006, 08:02 PM
pso:bb isn't going to be on x-box live arcade?

peenk
Apr 24, 2006, 08:04 PM
Eh, I kinda dont care what they do w/ 360.
If they only make PC version Ill actually thank SEGA since I believe all cheat(er)s are from consoles.
Whats the point in worrying over amount of people that COULD have been playing the game if all the servers connected when you know the history of console verions of PSO?
ALL previos versions of console PSOs have been ruined by countless duping, ruined save games and FSODs of all kind.

EGO-BOT
Apr 24, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-04-24 17:34, Zinger314 wrote:
I don't believe it until an official announcement is made.

I don't give a damn about an "official source."

My exact feelings on this.

Howeverif this true then this decision by Sonic team or Microsoft is utter bullshit. I was going to get it for 360 when the annoucment came about the Xbox release...but now I'll get the PC instead. Theres no reason for them to seperate the servers, they let the Final fantasy XI players all meet up online (PC,ps2,360)

Wavey
Apr 24, 2006, 08:06 PM
Ryna, is the other news you are going to mention an excluisve too? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif something about an open beta? *prays *

Ryna
Apr 24, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:06, Wavey wrote:
Ryna, is the other news you are going to mention an excluisve too? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif something about an open beta? *prays *

There hasn't been any mention of an open beta by anyone credible yet. If we hear something, we'll let you know.

Deltra
Apr 24, 2006, 08:11 PM
Hmm...this might be a bad move for ST. I would have enjoyed playing with others who owned an Xbox 360. Well, I'm planning on playing it on PS2, so I still can play with PC players and PS2 players..but still, seperating the 360 players is messed up IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deltra on 2006-04-24 18:12 ]</font>

zandra117
Apr 24, 2006, 08:12 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:02, Wavey wrote:
pso:bb isn't going to be on x-box live arcade?

It was a front page news post on ragol.co.uk on april 19th

Kayai
Apr 24, 2006, 08:12 PM
Maybe it would take longer to release the game if Xbox360 was thrown into the mix? Or i heard alot of people say that the xbox hacked PSO pretty badly so maybe this was a way to prevent that? I dunno, im getting it for computer anyway so it doesnt matter to me.

Ryna
Apr 24, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:12, zandra117 wrote:
It was a front page news post on ragol.co.uk on april 19th

If you'll notice the wording of that story, it is a rumor. However, Sega recently announced they would be bringing several games to Xbox Arcade. It is unknown whether Blue Burst will be among them.

Tomeeboy
Apr 24, 2006, 08:16 PM
It's an extremely valid source guys, let's not start up the conspiracy theories. Personally, I would prefer if they reconsidered this before the official release, as I'd like to have everyone in the same game world (as would most people, I imagine). We will be finding out more on this within the next few weeks.

Wavey
Apr 24, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:08, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-04-24 18:06, Wavey wrote:

There hasn't been any mention of an open beta by anyone credible yet. If we hear something, we'll let you know.

hehe ok http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I think the most people have heard is by japanese players talking about it. and that is not offcial by any means http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Protatora
Apr 24, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:04, peenk wrote:
Eh, I kinda dont care what they do w/ 360.
If they only make PC version Ill actually thank SEGA since I believe all cheat(er)s are from consoles.

I know some people who cheat like crazy on PSOv2 PC on a certain server. Its not the system its the amount of difficulty it is to cheat. Server side saving will make it next to impossible to cheat in anyway unless someone finds a dupe. But then you always have the PC MMO players who bot their character.s V_V

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 08:29 PM
Wow Microsoft is just killing themselves with their exclusive LIVE system.

It would've been great if everyone owned an xbox360, but they don't

Omega_Nova
Apr 24, 2006, 08:32 PM
Does this mean Japanese and North American servers will be linked?

I highly doubt the 360 version will even be released with in Japan so maybe this is a sign of linked servers.

Ryna
Apr 24, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:32, Omega_Nova wrote:
Does this mean Japanese and North American servers will be linked?

There hasn't been any word on region linking yet. However, I don't think it will happen.

McLaughlin
Apr 24, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:38, Zeta wrote:
I'd like to say a few words.

If it was from an official source, wouldn't it be on one of the official sites?

The official source wishes to remain annonomys. In my experience, any source who isn't named is probably spewing bull spit, and is usually discredited by a representative quickly.

I don't care what Joe Blow says. Until something comes out of a Sega Official's mouth, this statement doesn't exist in my eyes.

Reasons for seperate servers?

Voice Chat compatibility (How are 360 players going to mute PS2 players. How are PC users going to hear people?)
Time issues (May not be enough time to join the servers, and would keep the game from being delayed again)
Extra's/Incongruencies between the 3 versions?

I'll wait for an Official to kill my hopes of playing with PS2 and PC users, thank you very much.

And to all those Microsoft haters; Have fun with your MACs. 98% of you are using a Microsoft OS to download ...Adult content this very moment, so stow it.

Voice chat > Word select

Missed the edit button...*fkees*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-04-24 18:44 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Apr 24, 2006, 08:48 PM
You guy's honestly belived they not make them spearate? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
In all seriousness it was fated.

Sinue_v2
Apr 24, 2006, 08:49 PM
Even with it being an "offical" source - I somehow doubt the validity of the statement when it comes to the final product. Sonic Team has been doing really good lately about not completely screwing up, and I simply can't believe a blunder like this slipped through... expecially when Final Fantasy XI is right there to prove how easy it is.

If anything.. I think the full picture just hasn't been revealed yet. Remember, that just a few weeks ago - the official word on PSU was that it was only PS2 and PC. "Offically", the 360 version didn't exist... though quite obviously it did.

Chances are, I think, that Sonic Team is going to offer two seperate modes of online play. Either Xbox Live enabled (a dedicated private server which MS is in charge of - like PSOX was) or Xbox Live Disabled, which will playable with an Xbox Live Sliver account (Free, but no Live enabled gameplay) so that those who don't want to pay for Xbox Live can still access Sega's offical linked servers and play with their friends. This will eliminate many of the conflicts between gamertag/Sega Link account crossovers. Though it does raise the problem of charaters being non-transferable between the Live enabled version and the Live disabled version.

Hopefully I'm right and the truth is yet to be fully unveiled.

xenokai
Apr 24, 2006, 09:24 PM
PSO BB cant be put on Xbox live arcade simply because its to big. max limit for a live arcade game is 70 megs pso is 700 megs lol

CaptainJebus
Apr 24, 2006, 09:27 PM
The only way I see this not totally sucking is if Sega didn't charge for people to play PSUX. But thats nearly impossible so yeah, Bad choice if its true. If its not great, eigther way i'll still buy both. :S

Jozon
Apr 24, 2006, 09:32 PM
I applaud ST, for realizing that the immature xbox community shouldn't be mixed in with the PC, and PS2 users. I don't need a 12 year old who's parents bought them a 360 to bother me. /clap

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-04-24 19:32, Jozon wrote:
I applaud ST, for realizing that the immature xbox community shouldn't be mixed in with the PC, and PS2 users. I don't need a 12 year old who's parents bought them a 360 to bother me. /clap

How about kiddies whose parents bought them a PS2 or a PC? It's completely senseless to make claims about the maturity of certain console based communities... <.<

Regardless... I think this sucks... I wanted everyone to be able to play together. :/ And I don't even want to have to think about exclusive content on either console...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-24 19:40 ]</font>

CaptainJebus
Apr 24, 2006, 09:46 PM
This does mean though that basicly the 360 version is going to get obsolete very fast considering if Microsoft runs teh servers nothing will ever get done. If anything I say the Ps2 users should get the short end of the stick, there limiting the game the most with no HD support D: But enough about that, I just hope the game susceeds on whatever console.

McLaughlin
Apr 24, 2006, 09:52 PM

Irony anyone?

To generalize the whole Xbox Live community like that is just expressing your own biased opinion which is most likely based on a few bad experiences.

I could say the same thing, and be glad that I don't have to fear the script kiddies on the other consoles, and only be weary of the select few asshats on my own server, but I know there are decent people on all platforms, and as such, I'll just be content with knowing I won't have the displeasure of meeting you.

Tomeeboy
Apr 24, 2006, 10:18 PM
There's always a chance that they'll change their mind on this, it's not set in stone until the game is actually released. However, we are told that this is currently the plan they have for Xbox 360 PSU. As I mentioned, we'll definitely be looking to get further details on this that will perhaps explain the reasoning behind the decision and if there is any chance of it being reconsidered.

In the meantime, we thought it was important to report on their current stance, since it's likely a vital piece of information for anyone pre-ordering the game or running out to buy an Xbox 360 just for PSU. We'll try to get additional information on this news and more in the coming weeks.

Also, to clarify one last time, this is from an official source (aka SEGA)... I don't think that needs any further explaining. It is VERY credible information and we would not have posted it otherwise. Afterall, people haven't been visiting this site for 5+ years because we post fake news and bogus rumors on the front page every day. Give us a little credit here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RoninJoku
Apr 24, 2006, 10:31 PM
May I ask? I would like some clarification on this official source... I realize it is word from SEGA... But I haven't seen any reports of this anywhere else, so is this like... Say a specific connection within the company handing you this information? Or have I missed the news on other major websites? Or what? :/

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-04-24 19:52, Zeta wrote:

Irony anyone?

To generalize the whole Xbox Live community like that is just expressing your own biased opinion which is most likely based on a few bad experiences.

I could say the same thing, and be glad that I don't have to fear the script kiddies on the other consoles, and only be weary of the select few asshats on my own server, but I know there are decent people on all platforms, and as such, I'll just be content with knowing I won't have the displeasure of meeting you.

you know whats even more ironic?
my brother constantly talks about cleaning. he cleans all the time, every day. he cleans thing that arent his. he has 12 different vacuums.

i walked into his house yesterday. BIGEST MESS YPU HAVE EVER SEEN.

peenk
Apr 24, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-04-24 18:22, Protatora wrote:
I know some people who cheat like crazy on PSOv2 PC on a certain server. Its not the system its the amount of difficulty it is to cheat. Server side saving will make it next to impossible to cheat in anyway unless someone finds a dupe. But then you always have the PC MMO players who bot their character.s V_V

Ask yourself what is easier:
1. Prevent cheating on ONE platform (pc OR ps2 OR etc)
2. Prevent cheating on ALL platforms (pc AND ps2 AND what-ever-else-psu-will-be-on)

Of course, the easiest way to controll would be through PC through patches. This is why I dont like the idea of PSU not requiring a HD and makes me oppose to idea of multiplatform.
SEGA couldnt keep up w/ the cheating when PSO was realed for DC, then for GC and now even on PC as you mentioned, I hate the idea of them trying to keep up with PC/PS2 or PC/PS2/360 PSU.

Zinger314
Apr 24, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-04-24 20:18, Tomeeboy wrote:
There's always a chance that they'll change their mind on this, it's not set in stone until the game is actually released. However, we are told that this is currently the plan they have for Xbox 360 PSU. As I mentioned, we'll definitely be looking to get further details on this that will perhaps explain the reasoning behind the decision and if there is any chance of it being reconsidered.

In the meantime, we thought it was important to report on their current stance, since it's likely a vital piece of information for anyone pre-ordering the game or running out to buy an Xbox 360 just for PSU. We'll try to get additional information on this news and more in the coming weeks.

Also, to clarify one last time, this is from an official source (aka SEGA)... I don't think that needs any further explaining. It is VERY credible information and we would not have posted it otherwise. Afterall, people haven't been visiting this site for 5+ years because we post fake news and bogus rumors on the front page every day. Give us a little credit here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That's the main thing that's skeptical to me.

Sega announced that PSU will be coming to the Xbox 360 1 WEEK AGO.

And the game won't be released for SIX MONTHS.

Things change.

I find it weird and uncomforting that Sega has a stance already.

zandra117
Apr 24, 2006, 11:15 PM
you cant bot your characters in psu, the combat is way too action oriented.

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-04-24 21:15, zandra117 wrote:
you cant bot your characters in psu, the combat is way too action oriented.

Unless you have alot of guns, and heatlh items built into the mix

Tomeeboy
Apr 24, 2006, 11:24 PM
RurouniJoku, it is information coming directly to us via one of our contacts. I know that we typically report things second-hand, which allows us to link to sources and such, but we've been working on aquiring more first-hand information to provide directly to you guys. Afterall, we are the largest PSO/PSU fan site around, I don't see any reason why general gaming sites should get all of the information before we do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

vitius137
Apr 24, 2006, 11:30 PM
amen, brother.

ANIMEniac
Apr 24, 2006, 11:32 PM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POO! i was so looking foward to playing with the majority psow population with me in the 360... now ill have to get 1 for pc or ps2 as well... well they better make it to where u only play 4 1 unters liscens even if u are one the 2 systems... because if ontop of this they want me to pay 4 both, i will raise mud.

effin *explitive deleted* roster suckin female dog donkey stupid!!!

_Tek_
Apr 24, 2006, 11:36 PM
Its all because of xbox live, they want to take control of the whole online community for their system.

terrible move I believe, but psu's only one game.

they've got halo3 coming soon im sure.

ANIMEniac
Apr 24, 2006, 11:48 PM
well even if it is set that the servers are different... if while playing on 360 i find out that we got an update so much at 4 hrs after the ps2 and pc, i am gunna raise levels of hell that where unknown to exist because of renovation.

Kimil
Apr 25, 2006, 12:08 AM
I'm glad. I don't want to play with Xbox ppl on too, b/c I've been Playing on PSO XBox Version, and It's been hacked to shit thanks to ACTION REPLAY ><><><

Besides,the communicator feature get abused by annoying 12 year olds screaming "I want free stuff!" And Guys Balsting Crappy Rap Music

RoninJoku
Apr 25, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-04-24 21:24, Tomeeboy wrote:
RurouniJoku, it is information coming directly to us via one of our contacts. I know that we typically report things second-hand, which allows us to link to sources and such, but we've been working on aquiring more first-hand information to provide directly to you guys. Afterall, we are the largest PSO/PSU fan site around, I don't see any reason why general gaming sites should get all of the information before we do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ah, so it's some sort of secret operative then... Well more power to the people! It's always nice when fan-sites get special news treatments from company representatives. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I mean damn! IGN hasn't updated their screenshots section since september, and still hasn't listed the game for 360 at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

EDIT~Whoops, seems they did post it under their 360 section... oh well...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-24 22:13 ]</font>

ANIMEniac
Apr 25, 2006, 12:18 AM
i feel sadened by ppl bashing on x-box and its hacking and such where 1) GC was worst (hack wise), and 2)if there were mics on gc there would probably be just as many 12 yr old anoyances. all im sayng is that as one of the 40 ppl that ppl that still play legit on x-box (lol) it hurts that every1 is bagging on it when I wanna be as much a part of the PSU PSOW comunity as any ps2 and comp player would

Nash
Apr 25, 2006, 12:40 AM
Quite surprised by this after the FFXI situation. And I thought Sega they were doing it to try and get as big a community as possible, now seems it's more like a moneyhat port situation like PSO.

The PC/PS2 versions will probably get priority though when it comes to updates, due to the difference in userbase. Especially in Japan. Xbox PSO got quite neglected. If they'd all been linked it would have forced them to keep all versions up to date.

Wonder how any Revolution version will fit into this?

EGO-BOT
Apr 25, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-04-24 22:18, ANIMEniac wrote:
i feel sadened by ppl bashing on x-box and its hacking and such where 1) GC was worst (hack wise), and 2)if there were mics on gc there would probably be just as many 12 yr old anoyances. all im sayng is that as one of the 40 ppl that ppl that still play legit on x-box (lol) it hurts that every1 is bagging on it when I wanna be as much a part of the PSU PSOW comunity as any ps2 and comp player would

Exactly. This weird snobbery people seem to have because someone owns a different console to them is incredibly idiotic. The 2 points you made hit it right on the head - therefs nothing gained by not having Xbox 360 players on the same server.

The way I see it, more people the merrier and slicing up the community because of the console their on or even by region just puts a damper on things.

Nash
Apr 25, 2006, 01:11 AM
If we can get word on this, can't we get word on whether the international servers will be linked again?

Really like to know if it's going to be like the old days again with international play.

Kimil
Apr 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
On 2006-04-24 23:11, Nash wrote:
If we can get word on this, can't we get word on whether the international servers will be linked again?

Really like to know if it's going to be like the old days again with international play.

I agree

KaiNova7
Apr 25, 2006, 02:18 AM
wow, this very well might be bad news, Im sure so of my old psox buddies will be playing the 360 version, while Im on PS2 version....(Sigh)

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 02:20 AM
Best thing we can do, is play 24/7 when the game is fresh, full of people.

Azel-34
Apr 25, 2006, 03:02 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOoooooo............ *stops spamming* Oh my god.. This sux! Like many people on this forum (from what i can see) I had convinced lots of good friends to get into the Phantasy Star experience with PSU, because they have an Xbox 360 or intend to buy one - but I wont be playing on it!!! 1. because chances are most of the players will be on the PS2 (huge audience of the console) and PC versions (PC gamerz naturaly will choose the only version available to them..), 2. because knowing microsoft even jp, usa and eu servers will be seperate on 360 and 3. because if I want the high-eng graphics of the game I could just get it for PC.. BAH. This sux, all it does is make less people buy the game, and isolate the communities. It's going to be the same game for crying out loud! When Gamecube's PSO was released, it was natural to be seperate from the Dreamcast, it has like a whole new game included in it (plus clean start and all that). But what's the point of releasing an identical game on seperate servers!!! I hope the genius who thought of this implodes when i hit "submit".

Eclypse
Apr 25, 2006, 03:24 AM

You have to be kidding me, there are more immature 12 years olds with a PC or PS2 than ones with a X360.

Sinue_v2
Apr 25, 2006, 03:30 AM
Tomeeboy... I hope you guys still have that contact's name and information handy, so that you can go back to tell him/her that this is one huge fuck-up and that the only response out of the growing fledgling PSU community has (aside from one or two closeminded fanboys) been resoundingly Negetive. Of course, I doubt your contact has any real pull in the greater company at large - but at least the obvious, in sorm form, can be presented to the asshats in charge.

Quite surprised by this after the FFXI situation.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid... but I wonder if that doesn't have something to do with this. Square obviously sees Phantasy Star Universe as a threat to their 5 year old game which was just released for the 360.. and Microsoft is bowing pretty hard to Square currently in order to gain their favor and possibly support in the next generation. I almost wonder if, after showing PSU to Microsoft for approval, Microsoft bargained to get PSU for the 360 on LIVE so that it would be less direct competition for FFXI.

Kayai
Apr 25, 2006, 09:14 AM
Actually i read an article in Gameinformer where Halo3 might not come out for a long long time

Quixter
Apr 25, 2006, 11:12 AM
I don't mind this at all. I'm playing FFXI on the 360 currently and hate the fact that you can not talk to other players via voice chat. If you use the 360 chat room you can only talk to one person. It sucks. IMO......having full voice chat will be alot better.

Cross
Apr 25, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-04-25 01:30, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Perhaps I'm just paranoid... but I wonder if that doesn't have something to do with this. Square obviously sees Phantasy Star Universe as a threat to their 5 year old game which was just released for the 360.. and Microsoft is bowing pretty hard to Square currently in order to gain their favor and possibly support in the next generation. I almost wonder if, after showing PSU to Microsoft for approval, Microsoft bargained to get PSU for the 360 on LIVE so that it would be less direct competition for FFXI.

Square wouldn't have that sort of pull. Microsoft has actually been fairly vocal lately about how they're "opening up" Xbox Live and letting companies have kind of a direct connection to the customer rather than going through Live.

It was actually brought up fairly recently in an interview with a Microsoft rep after the co-founder of ArenaNet (Guild Wars) said that Live wasn't a good place for an MMO-type game because it was a closed model. MS went to enough trouble making sure to clear that up that I doubt they'd backpedal on it, especially with PSU which could potentially be a fairly big title for the 360, especially in Japan.

That's why I'm taking this news with a grain of salt. I'm wary enough of anything that comes from an anonymous source, but this just flies in the face of all logic and the business model that Microsoft seems to be going for with Live, so I'm really not going to get too hung up on it until I see an official announcement.
Either way, it's an atrocious idea, fake or not.

voxie
Apr 25, 2006, 12:34 PM
Oh man... now there's a real dividing line between what version to choose. I had planned to get the PC version while my bro got the 360 version... Now I just dunno :/

ulyoth
Apr 25, 2006, 12:38 PM
Not good news...i intend to have an upgraded PC and a 360 by the time PSU comes out, but now its deciding which friends to play with.

Rubesahl
Apr 25, 2006, 12:59 PM
Shit... that makes two versions I must buy to play with everyone >_>;; -shivers-

lokin_modar
Apr 25, 2006, 01:05 PM
I don't like Micro$oft anyway...

I will play PS2 version... maybe Micro$oft is injecting money in SEGA for more exclusive content for their version... This can be bad...

peenk
Apr 25, 2006, 01:12 PM
Everyone should be aiming for PC version if they can : )
Just thinking of loading times for PS2 gives me shivers.
Unless you will get PS3 >_0, then I'd be hardpressed.
But I'd not recommend 360 because people playing on 360 were not buying that console just so they can play PSU. What I mean is that its going to have low population as MANY other people think on these forums.

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 01:21 PM
I suggest those muhfuckas drop the PS2 version. Give them more time, and I'll feel jsutifcied on paying $10 more.

aniscape
Apr 25, 2006, 01:26 PM
This is very disapointing news http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I really hope Sega works something out cause I will be gettign the 360 version but I do want to experience the whole community. I really hope if this is true it changes. I guess the first step is to email Sega directly. Maybe we can start a Petition?? Not sure how about doing that but I think I remember one happening back when the second DC version was only in Japan.

Violation
Apr 25, 2006, 01:34 PM
it's not news and it's not confirmed...so don't set this "fact" in your mind if there is no OFFICIAL statement of this anywhere. It was probably a misunderstanding or something. It may be true, it may be false...but until I see an official statement my mood is the same as before.

DarK-SuN
Apr 25, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-04-25 11:21, ShinMaruku wrote:
I suggest those muhfuckas drop the PS2 version. Give them more time, and I'll feel jsutifcied on paying $10 more.
Drop the version that will clearly give them a lot more profit in Japan just for a handful of 360 players in Japan?
Hardly a good business choice.

Looking at it strictly from a business stand-point (and how the market is all over the planet), the only version they can afford to cancel is the 360 version (the lowest selling console between the PS2 and the 360, by a large margin), with the PC version having a potential growth primarily in the EU and US markets.

Let's not be fanboys about this and look at it realisticly, they're already risking it by releasing it for the 360 in Japan, since the console barely sells there; it sells less than a regular GameBoy Advance (non SP version) and a GameCube.

Refer to PSOX's current state as an indication of what may happen to PSU360 if ST doesn't play their cards right.

So far they're already shooting their own foot by keeping them seperate, I can see many Japanese players (in case they had doubts about what version to buy) to go for the one where their friends are (and in Japan it'll be something like 98% of the PSU players using the PC/PS2 server using game instead of the 360 server using game).

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 01:56 PM
My view is drop the PS2 version upscale ti to PS3 and make it a true next gen game. It's gonna be out when the PS3 is out anyway, and it's always good to push a new platform. Chances are they'll make the smae ammount of sales anway, maybe even more seeing as it's kinda the first MMO on the scene with the PS3 , and the 360's sales are kidna preset anyway.

Either that, or make a sepreate PS3 version that will not hold the 360 back just to conform with the PS2 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-04-25 11:59 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Apr 25, 2006, 02:16 PM
Except for a few things, ShinMaruku..
1. The game wasn't made for Next-Gen
2. Its redundant because it's backwards compatiable
3. It's already been designed for the PS2!
*sigh*
The only thing that worries me is whether or not you'll now need LIVE gold, seeing as it'll be focusing on its LIVE emplications, and if so, will 360 players have to pay the same as their Non-360 playing counterparts along with the Live gold fee?
And will it have the same bizarre 'no offline play until you have xbox live' delima as its predecessing console had before? (I know its alot to ask, but these are major concerns, I have friends who I was going to play with, so I need to know)

Padium
Apr 25, 2006, 02:25 PM
I think that going for the 360 is the best choice they could make. I can afford the 360, but to get a new pc for PSU would bankrupt me, its just too much money. As for the PS2, I don't like its controller for games like PSO, its just too complicated. For me, the Xbox 360 is the most advanced thing I could afford. Can't wait to get PSU anyway, and I get my 360 in a couple weeks, so I want another great game to play on it. I want the high quality graphics, and that is why I don't want the PS2 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Padium on 2006-04-25 12:28 ]</font>

Parn
Apr 25, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-04-25 12:25, Padium wrote:
As for the PS2, I don't like its controller for games like PSO, its just too complicated.
...too complicated? Aside from the swapped locations of the D-pad and left analog stick, the Xbox 360 and PS2 controllers are practically the same.

Kano-Okami
Apr 25, 2006, 02:38 PM
Parn does have a point.
Now, if you had of said 'uncomfortable', then its a different story.

Russ2576
Apr 25, 2006, 02:40 PM
...Even this site isn't immune to misinformed, selfish, and outright idiotic fanboys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

"Waaah, I don't wanna play with PS2ers!"
"Waaah, I don't wanna play with 360ers!"

Grow the f*** up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-04-25 12:41 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 02:49 PM
If it was not made for next gen, then who had the great idea to make it on a system that is as dead as a door nail in Japan?

They cna make it next gen though, Sonic adventure was for the Saturn, and became a system seller for the best damn systme ever. Ya never know, putting it on somthing with little competition on a new red hot formate that will sell quite a bit might be better than puttign it out whele the shallow people that ya could have caught on a newer formate neglect the other. Either wya is a gamble.

Kano-Okami
Apr 25, 2006, 02:55 PM
No Russ, its you who needs to grow up, and learn to see beyond the console.
The point of this discussion is that players of either console aren't going to be able to play within the same servers, Seperate, which puts US, the gamer into an ultimatum.
To play on PS2 or 360.
So before you condone the idiocy,
take a decent look at the issue at hand.
=/

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 03:01 PM
Appeanrtly some of the people who should have been liqudated still have their postions... Bad Sega-Sammy!

Blitzkommando
Apr 25, 2006, 03:16 PM
This is hardly surprising, abeit still unfortunate news. It would be nice to see 360 connected, even with the communication issues. Perhaps enabling USB keyboard support for typing? The more unfortunate news that this aludes to is that, like Blue Burst, we will be region separated. I really enjoyed the full region play of GC and that is part of the reason I didn't enjoy Blue Burst as much. Hopefully that is a false signal, but I really would be surprised more to see them connected than not.

Protatora
Apr 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-04-24 22:08, Kimil wrote:
I'm glad. I don't want to play with Xbox ppl on too, b/c I've been Playing on PSO XBox Version, and It's been hacked to shit thanks to ACTION REPLAY ><><><

Wow....Ok first of all there's no true Action Replay on Xbox. All cheats are done with modified Xboxs...All the Xbox AR can be used for is takng save files to and from a Xbox and PC. Now second its the Gamecube version that has the AR cheats.

Don't go around throwing out BS about a console. This is how rumors get started.

voxie
Apr 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
Not having the Xbox 360 linked up doesn't totally bother me. What does is not having servers region-linked...

Kano-Okami
Apr 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
Does the non-region-link mean I (a US player) won't be able to play with people outside the US? I played with alot of Euro players in the past, and it'd be a big disapointment if your being locked within your region.[/offtopic]

chibiLegolas
Apr 25, 2006, 04:34 PM
NooooOOOOOOO@!!!!!!
OH dammit all! That's just not right!
I missed playing with the Europeans and Japanese alike back in the DC days. (not to mention ALL other pso players).
And didn't seperating the servers in the past (GC vs. xbox) prove ST anything?

Not being able to find a good # of cmoders on xbox was difficult enough. And a lot more cmoders were found on GC. Will the future hold something similiar in PSU in general? Most likely.

If I'm able to talk to ALL my teammates on 360 PSU, I'd probably go get that version in the end. Playing from DC to xbox and having voice chat is like night and day. Typing in the heat of battle is hugely disruptive, no matter how familiar you can get with the keyboard.

Hearing or reading annoying players on any platform will still exist regardless. But hey, that's what voice banning is for. It'll also be great to be able to hear other players from other nations as well (assuming 360 players could play with international PSU players. But that may not be the case).

In the end, if 360's gonna get the short end of the stick, I thought it would be fair (and be an insentive) if PSU first comes out on 360, rather than PS2 or PC. Grab a few players even overseas who aren't willing to wait X amount of months till the other platforms get in on the action.
I often wondered if that's one of the main reasons why the GC version got greatly more popular over xbox. It got a good head start. I'd like to think it would of helped xbox sales in Japan back in the day when PSO ver.2 was brand new. And dedicated players would of picked up the xbox version first if that meant not waiting 6-8 months for the GC's version.

I dought it'll happen, but it would be nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-04-25 14:37 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
I think Shin must be typing on the toilet, because he's spewing bull ****.

No one knows whether or not the PS3 will be as popular as you claim. They're putting it on the 360 to gain support from US gamers, among other reasons I won't ask you to comprehend.

It was designed for the PS2 and PC. To scrap the fundamental design just so it doesn't "drag down" the 360 is idiotic.

FFXI is irrefutable proof that linking Live! with another online service can be done, the question then becomes "Why isn't ST doing it too?" If you can answer that question, I'm all ears. Otherwise this whole argument is moot, because THAT is the entire point of the thread.

Good day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-04-25 15:20 ]</font>

Link00seven
Apr 25, 2006, 05:04 PM
I say this is bullshit.

If FFXI can do it, there is NO reason that PSU shouldn't be able to do it. The way MS handles Xbox Live now and allowing the companys to run the servers independant yet joined with Live (FFXI, EA games) give no reason why PSU cant use Xbox Live while connecting to Sega's server, which should be universal between PC, PS2, and Xbox 360. The ONLY legitmate reason that will allow server seperation is IF the Xbox 360 version gets different content then the others, thus making them incompatible.

Just my $0.02.

Padium
Apr 25, 2006, 05:59 PM
Ok... When I said the PS2 controller was more complicated, I ment to say it was more uncomfortable. Sorry I didn't catch that. I just prefer the Xbox controllers, also the black and white buttons add more to it in my opinion, how, probably just pleasingness.

Lux
Apr 25, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-04-25 15:04, Link00seven wrote:
[...] joined with Live (FFXI, EA games) give no reason why PSU cant use Xbox Live [...]

Final Fantasy XI doesn't use Live just because of that compatibility reason. At least that's what I read on IGN or so I think.

Saiffy
Apr 25, 2006, 06:16 PM
It might not even be Sonic Team's choice.

vox3om
Apr 25, 2006, 06:35 PM
I'm going to stick with some people on this forum who say they won't believe it until ST comes out and says it. No offense to PSOW, but how come you guys are the only ones who know and have said anything about it? I would think that this is an issue spanning farther than just PSOW. Someone either needs to send me some links to this information or we are all just going to have to wait till E3 when it will most definitely be stated.

Oh yeah and I don't want to hear "I told you so"'s from everyone after the say they are going to be separate, haha. I'm not saying they aren't separate, just that we have no real evidence that they are...except this "offical" nameless, linkless source.

Edited by moderator: Please read the earlier pages of this thread to see some further explanation of the source of this news. It is coming directly to us from Sega and wouldn't really be exclusive news if it was already posted everywhere else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif We hope this changes as well, but it's no reason to discredit the information or site.

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 06:36 PM
On 2006-04-25 14:40, Zeta wrote:
I think Shin must be typing on the toilet, because he's spewing bull ****.

No one knows whether or not the PS3 will be as popular as you claim. They're putting it on the 360 to gain support from US gamers, among other reasons I won't ask you to comprehend.

It was designed for the PS2 and PC. To scrap the fundamental design just so it doesn't "drag down" the 360 is idiotic.

FFXI is irrefutable proof that linking Live! with another online service can be done, the question then becomes "Why isn't ST doing it too?" If you can answer that question, I'm all ears. Otherwise this whole argument is moot, because THAT is the entire point of the thread.

Good day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-04-25 15:20 ]</font>

If they puttin it on 360 to get US support, would't you think the PS2 had that support anyway?

Also, the PS3 ain't popular? It's a succesor to the two most successful home consoles in history, it now got the power to grab the shallow grpahics whore, is not popular?! It damn well has the potnetial to break it's predessor's record. Now my reaosning for scrapping the PS2 version is for it to have a shot at a whole new online community, and run unoppesed for a year or two on a new console, and it will push the visuals for the millions of graphics whores.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2006, 07:21 PM
So you still want them to scrap the project they've been working on for several years, just to improve visuals? The whole game would need to be re-worked. From the controls to the online mode. It's selfish, unnessecary, and a poor business decision.

Once again, I disgress. Who's to say how the PS3 will perform. It could tank, or it could shine. Unlike some people, I base my console decisons on games, and not off the logo on the box.

For the record, I believe the N64 beat out the Playstation. And the GB series is still in control of the hand-held market.

Now I belive I said Good Day.

OdinTyler
Apr 25, 2006, 07:39 PM
Earlier I happened to run into an entry on Wikipedia. It states that the X360 version will be using Xbox Live. I don't claim to know how accurate Wikipedia is, but, it's there should anyone wish to look it up. Just do a search for: Phantasy Star Universe.

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 07:45 PM
I said it has potiential to trump the others. And the N64 beat out Playsation?! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a riot, if it did then why did it die out a wee bit too quick? The GB however I can concede, but the N64? That could have never beaten the PS1 out. Ps1 102 million N64 32 million, quite a disparity there.

While scraping the Ps2 version is a risky investment not stupid, even thoguh Sega is notrious on stupid decisions. Not only graphics can be upgraded, they can make a better physics engine, large enviorments, even up the party size, implement ragdoll psyics and amke the game even more immersive. (Remember other things can be improved rather than graphics)
As you said, games make the product, don't ya think Sony's reputation and specs would entice more games?

Sonic646
Apr 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
Grrr my friends who'd buy PSU are too cheap for Xbox360s...Now I'll have to get PC or PS2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-04-25 17:39, OdinTyler wrote:
Earlier I happened to run into an entry on Wikipedia. It states that the X360 version will be using Xbox Live. I don't claim to know how accurate Wikipedia is, but, it's there should anyone wish to look it up. Just do a search for: Phantasy Star Universe.

good ol wikipedia. the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit XP http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/12/16
lol, I don't know much about the subject. i dont even know anyone (not on the forums) who is getting psu for xbox 360.

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 08:31 PM
You just can't post stuff on wikipedia, they check it out first. Some people post crap and it get's chancged back. It's jsut not wholly unchecked.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2006, 08:34 PM
I stand by what I said. N64 > PS

I still can't understand why you'd want a perfect game (mere months away from release) to be scrapped and have ST blow it on the "Almighty Console" you proclaim. Have you ever played a sequel to ANY game? Because if you loved the prequel, the sequel will never satisfy you to the same extent. It's the same thing when you remodel an entire game. "Well, since we can, we'll just make this a little bigger, and that a little perdier, oh, but then we have to change this, and those, oh and that has to go..." That's what happens. They take an awesome concept and kill it with "What if's"

But again, this debate is moot in the eyes of the thread, because we're here to discuss the pros and cons of having a universal server for PSU (And as any literate person can tell, the pros are few and far between).

Now I said Good Day.

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 08:44 PM
I'd bet this game is far from perfect. flaws will come up.
As for the prequel sequel thing, I defintatly loved Jak 2 over Jak and Daxter, that's fo damn sure.
And you seems to be taking me for justifying the new console to develop for just becuase of graphics, no, there is far more than that that can be done, they can immerse one better, I'd love to have rag doll physics so I can do some real neat stuff if the developers are clever, they could add a lot to the game play if they wish. They did it with Sonic Adventure and look how that turned out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-04-25 18:57 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2006, 08:52 PM
Edited by moderator: Please refrain from making personal insults aimed at other users.

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 09:00 PM
Edited by moderator: removed response to personal insult

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2006, 09:23 PM
Edited by moderator: Read above.

ssl118
Apr 25, 2006, 09:30 PM
I'll be playing on the PC. The extended Christmas on XBOX now is just too much of what could eventually be happening on 360. I don't plan on buying a 360 and have recently bought a new computer with PSU in mind. It's a tough decision since a lot of my friends will be on 360 but that's the way it goes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ssl118 on 2006-04-25 19:32 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Apr 25, 2006, 09:32 PM
This all depends on what ever those crazy guys are doing.

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-04-25 19:30, ssl118 wrote:
The extended Christmas on XBOX now is just too much of what could eventually be happening on 360.

Are you serious? The X-PSO still has the christmas decorations?

Kimil
Apr 25, 2006, 09:45 PM
Yup, We Had Halloween until December 14th too, and that's when they started Christmas

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 10:30 PM
And it takes like, what 2 people to change all that in a few hours.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
Who else from PSOX remembers them "accidently" removing TTF? I'm never touching Lost Heat Sword again >_>.

From level 53 to 80. *Shivers and regresses. Calls therapist*

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 01:36 AM
This was alot to take in... So let me get my opinion out there.

The fact is, it's not a great move. If they can be linked, why not link them? Of course, we have to wait on that reason before we jump the gun and flip out. Also, you can always rant onto Sega about this. Also, it'd be nice if we could hear from the representive who's choice this was, so we can flame the right company heh.

The whole dropping PS2 things sorta impossible. As said, it just wouldn't be good business. No point in arguing that considering the price of the PS3 at launch would determine it. Some people would wait out the system anyway, and right there you slice PSU's sales.

About cheaters. Everyone cheated on every platform. Whether it was worse here or there didn't matter, cuz most of it is what you heard and not what you experienced. The servers should be seperated if they don't have to be. Whether on 360, PS2, or PC, people have the capacity to suck at life. I'd rather play with everyone, and actually have a wider range of people to play with that aren't out to cause grief.

This announcemnt may actually be being saved for E3. Hence you can't find any other sources for it aside from here.

About upgrading the PC or getting a 360. It costs 400 dollars to get the system with the HD right? For 400 dollars you can upgrade a PC to play it. Depending on the state of the PC in the first place.

And lastly... Why does everyone here hate FFXI and blame it for things it probably has no place in? It's like ST and SE are the biggest villains in all of PSOW. They are not the reason that you're goldfish died. You can stop hating them anytime you want to.

Kimil
Apr 26, 2006, 01:42 AM
I'm guessing the reason why the servers wont be connected has somehing to do with XBox Live in particular. Conflicts with who would maintain the servers... >.<

Ryudo
Apr 26, 2006, 02:27 AM
It's not sega's choice, it's the same problem bethesda had with oblivion and MS

I dont see it being any kind of loss anyway, the xbox360 version will have pitifully few players anyway

A2K
Apr 26, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-04-25 01:30, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Tomeeboy... I hope you guys still have that contact's name and information handy, so that you can go back to tell him/her that this is one huge fuck-up and that the only response out of the growing fledgling PSU community has (aside from one or two closeminded fanboys) been resoundingly Negetive. Of course, I doubt your contact has any real pull in the greater company at large - but at least the obvious, in sorm form, can be presented to the asshats in charge.

I second that motion.

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2006, 11:26 AM
I have a PC capable of running PSU, I have a PS2, and an Xbox 360. The question remains as to whether I bail on my PSOX friends (assuming the contact was telling the truth) or if I bag on my GC/DC/PC pals.

Kinda like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. But no matter which side I choose, I end up getting cut.

chibiLegolas
Apr 26, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-04-25 20:52, Zeta wrote:
Who else from PSOX remembers them "accidently" removing TTF? I'm never touching Lost Heat Sword again >_>.

From level 53 to 80. *Shivers and regresses. Calls therapist*

lol. Yea, but do you also recall the glitch were cmoders were able to freely choose any stage for ver.2 cmode games?

That's gotta be the most usefull glitch I've encountered on PSO. It was nice while it lasted.
I still think they should of kept that in if possible.

Anyways, about PSU, does anyone know if xbox live allows members to play with other members all over the globe? If 360's gonna be on a seperate server, I hope that we could at least play with the international crowd on PSU.

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2006, 01:44 PM
That glitch was the shiznit. Do you know if the CCA door trick still works on Xbox? I'm too lazy to try http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryna
Apr 26, 2006, 02:12 PM
In case anyone is still doubting the story, I came across the following this afternoon:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64118

Those of you looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe on Xbox 360 will have to encourage your friends to do the same - SEGA's confirmed that while people with the PS2 and PC versions will be able to play together, Xbox Live players will be closed off to them.

Following a report on fan-site PSO World, SEGA's since confirmed to Eurogamer that the team decided to keep Xbox 360 players separate - although we haven't been told why.

Phantasy Star Universe for 360, announced last week, is due out at the same time as the PS2 and PC versions this autumn. It's a big old single-player adventure as well as a multiplayer one where squads of up to six can make their way through a world where hundreds of players mingle.

Padium
Apr 26, 2006, 02:24 PM
On 2006-04-25 23:36, Sev wrote:
About upgrading the PC or getting a 360. It costs 400 dollars to get the system with the HD right? For 400 dollars you can upgrade a PC to play it. Depending on the state of the PC in the first place.

And lastly... Why does everyone here hate FFXI and blame it for things it probably has no place in? It's like ST and SE are the biggest villains in all of PSOW. They are not the reason that you're goldfish died. You can stop hating them anytime you want to.

OK. My PC can't even be upgraded its so old, so my choices for decent graphics are new PC or Xbox 360. The 360 is cheaper for me. To add to that, I'm getting an HD compatible TV soon enough anyway that will make the experience that much better.

As for everyone being against ST and SE, I don't think thats right (I agree with Sev). I mean their not the ones making the problem. ST's giving you the game, suck it up and enjoy what's givin to you while you've got the time to enjoy it. If you live life complaining, when will you have time to enjoy life?

To add to that, I can't wait for the joy I will get when I open that PSU case for the first time. Finally getting the ability to live the dream, the dream of playing the next game in the series I fell in love with 2 years ago. With the 360, I'll get the great graphics too, so that just makes the joy that much more joyful. You too should just be glad there is a PSU coming.

Ryna, I'm glad you found some solid proof. That should help bring some people out of the darkness. Just glad to see that there is something to hel;p the doubters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Padium on 2006-04-26 12:27 ]</font>

patient
Apr 26, 2006, 02:24 PM
A primary source would be nice, but I’ll bite never the less.

It seems like Microsoft listened to their analysts for a change and realized that dedicating a datacenter in Japan for an already unsuccessful product is a mistake. I doubt that PSU360 will see the shores of the Rising Sun at all.

That’s what happens when you make a crappy network package like Xbox Live as difficult to work with as Quentin Tarantino.

I feel bad for Xbox owners. If PSUX really isn’t going to be on the same network, Microsoft could actually just license PSU and run it on their own, independently. Free to charge, maintain and govern the game any way they want to. Ouch.

I am all for platform apartheid.

Call me a snob or whatever, but after watching 2 platforms invade FFXI, I am a firm believer that the less amount of mixed user bases the better.

Supporting 2 platforms on 1 network is hard enough. FFXI managed to do it I guess and maybe this is just the "World of Warcraft" in me, but keep the 360 as far away from my server as possible as far as I am concerned.

2 Countries (3 if you include the Euro release), 2 different languages and 3 platforms, that sure is a lot of communities for one game. In other words a lot of maintenance, patching and downtime for one network. If anyone here plays WoW where waiting 45+ minutes to simply log on to your server is common place, maybe my bitterness makes more sense.

Blame Microsoft on this one, not Sega. Once again MS won’t allow anyone to touch their Proprietary product.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1763276956369539218&q=Ballmer&pl=true

Protatora
Apr 26, 2006, 02:53 PM
That’s what happens when you make a crappy network package like Xbox Live...

but keep the 360 as far away from my server as possible as far as I am concerned.

1. Xbox is a crappy network package? Go try it before you call it crappy.

2. Why are you so arrogant? No need to act like you're better than other people because of you don't play on the same kind of system as someone else. Any semi-educated person can see more people playing the game the better. No need to exclude a certain type of people because of the console they play on. Probably racist too eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Protatora on 2006-04-26 12:56 ]</font>

Axios-
Apr 26, 2006, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't it be fun if they released a Revolution version, and Rev people could play with 360 and PS2 people, but couldn't play with the PC; the 360 people could play with Rev and PC, but not PS2; the PS2 people would play with Rev and PC people; and the PC people could only play with the 360 and the PS2.

There. Make your head spin.

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2006, 03:52 PM
No. No it wouldn't.

patient
Apr 26, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-04-26 12:53, Protatora wrote:

That’s what happens when you make a crappy network package like Xbox Live...

but keep the 360 as far away from my server as possible as far as I am concerned.

1. Xbox is a crappy network package? Go try it before you call it crappy.

2. Why are you so arrogant? No need to act like you're better than other people because of you don't play on the same kind of system as someone else. Any semi-educated person can see more people playing the game the better. No need to exclude a certain type of people because of the console they play on. Probably racist too eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Protatora on 2006-04-26 12:56 ]</font>

It's not arrogance its common sense.

3 gaming platforms with completely different network architectures all stuck together in the same game sounds like a disaster.

Most MMOs cannot achieve normal uptimes with even just one system supported.

I never claimed to be better than anyone else. The difference between my post and yours is that mine was based upon reading gamesindustry.biz for the last 3 years and yours was based upon a love for the xbox.

I don't think this thread was created to slam consoles, but rather to discuss the reasons and ramifications of the pre-mentioned announcement.

I think console argument posts are ridiculous, just about as ridiculous as putting which one I use in a sig.

voxie
Apr 26, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-04-26 13:03, Axios- wrote:
Wouldn't it be fun if they released a Revolution version, and Rev people could play with 360 and PS2 people, but couldn't play with the PC; the 360 people could play with Rev and PC, but not PS2; the PS2 people would play with Rev and PC people; and the PC people could only play with the 360 and the PS2.

There. Make your head spin.

LMAO! XD

Linked servers FTW!! C'mon Ninty!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2006, 04:52 PM
Was that a shot at me? Because I own every old gen, current gen, and Handheld reasonably easy to find. N64, SNES, GB, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, I don't want a PSP (Nothing I like on it), GC, As soon as I can I'm pre-ordering a Revolution, PS, PS2, probably not a PS3...We'll see.

I'm not biased.

As for the rest of your post; PC and PS2 will be on a Sega Server, so there are really only 2 different architectures. Seeing as the PS2's online service is dependant on the game publishers and not Sony. Same goes for the PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-04-26 15:28 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 26, 2006, 05:30 PM

3 gaming platforms with completely different network architectures all stuck together in the same game sounds like a disaster.

I never claimed to be better than anyone else. The difference between my post and yours is that mine was based upon reading gamesindustry.biz for the last 3 years and yours was based upon a love for the xbox.

I don't think this thread was created to slam consoles, but rather to discuss the reasons and ramifications of the pre-mentioned announcement.

I think console argument posts are ridiculous, just about as ridiculous as putting which one I use in a sig.

It's not a breeding ground for disaster because I'm playing FFXI on the 360 and it's even more enhjoyable than the PS2 version in my opinion and just as smooth. I have another friend that played the PC version and he is now on the 360 version and no complaints from him either.

You might want to play XBL before you judge it because there is no other online service out there today that can touch it. XBL 2 is leap and bounds better then the first incarnation of XBL and that's fact.

Secondly 2 platforms didn't invade FFXI because it was initially anounced to be on both PC and PS2 original so technically only the 360 invaded and it's been smooth as I've mentioned previously.

The Language barrier is the only thing I will agree with in your original post because I can remember how annoying it was to have to use Symbol chat on the DC version when I played with some of the JPN players from time to time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-04-26 15:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-04-26 15:41 ]</font>

Protatora
Apr 26, 2006, 05:43 PM

Good thing PSU isn't a MMO

You just said your ideas are better than mine because you read some website I've neverheard of and I apparently love the Xbox?
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irony

And that thing about which console someone uses in a sig. It makes sense..ya know not everyone plays the same server.

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2006, 06:10 PM
Voice chat > Word Select (Except my awesome symbol that Protatora stole >_>)

OdinTyler
Apr 26, 2006, 06:20 PM
Well, it's good we finally heard official word from Sega. People can debate things all they like, but, when Sega/ST says something, that's pretty much it. It's unfortunate for Xbox owners. Although I don't own an Xbox, I know this wasn't an ST decision. The only version to stand alone is the company one must ask why this was done. For better or worse, this is what it is & players will choose what version they feel is right for them.

Kurosawa
Apr 27, 2006, 04:20 PM
Well, so much for me getting the 360 version-or a 360 period, for that matter.

mitchm
Apr 27, 2006, 08:29 PM
well despite what everyone is saying i think XBL is a great service. I have play PSO on both the xbox and gamecube and i liked the xbox better due to not having to type everything i wanted to say. i could simply say it. only thing i didnt like was the fact that i had to pay every month. i understand the fact that servers needed to be maintained so i didnt really have much of a prob with it. But with PSU coming to the 360 that means its using XBL servers right? so that means no extra online fees. i mean if FFXI were to use XBL servers rather than the PlayOnline Viewer it would most likely not cost anything but still its a MMO so a different server is needed. On the other hand PSU is not a MMO and therefore a dedicated server is not really needed. so while everyone else is paying extra for the sega servers the people on the xbox wont have to pay a thing, besides their yearly fee for LIVE. Right? im just thinking out loud. so please remember this is what i think and in your responses please dont flame all that much.

ANIMEniac
Apr 28, 2006, 02:37 AM
well PSU for the 360 sure as ELL better be free because we PSOX players know the masterfull job microsoft did. while every1 else got updates and quests, we lost 15+ quests. and now this whole 12 months of x-mass event... i wanna get it for both now that microsoft is a greed hog, but if it is free with XBL then im cool, or even if you only have to pay for one hunters license, but if they will make me pay for 2 then im gunna bust some skulls!!!

RuneLateralus
Apr 28, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-04-28 00:37, ANIMEniac wrote:
well PSU for the 360 sure as ELL better be free because we PSOX players know the masterfull job microsoft did. while every1 else got updates and quests, we lost 15+ quests. and now this whole 12 months of x-mass event... i wanna get it for both now that microsoft is a greed hog, but if it is free with XBL then im cool, or even if you only have to pay for one hunters license, but if they will make me pay for 2 then im gunna bust some skulls!!!

I am pretty sure that Sonic Team was supposed to handle the updates and additional content...not Microsoft.

A2K
Apr 28, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-04-28 14:04, RuneLateralus wrote:
I am pretty sure that Sonic Team was supposed to handle the updates and additional content...not Microsoft.

For some reason that's always been some bit of a mystery. You call Microsoft's Xbox Support, and they tell you to bug Sega, and you call Sega, they tell you to bug Xbox Support.

I'd always assumed myself that Sonic Team actually creates and codes the content, but it's Microsoft who actually gives the final word on content releases.

bstm300
Apr 28, 2006, 09:37 PM
This was the funniest post I have ever read in my life, lol. I have one question, though- is it true that the since the servers will be running through xbox live on the 360 there will be no additional online fee?

Also I have a few more commments to make about the console wars

First of all, I back up everyone who says that the things aren't set in stone reguarding early statements made by sega although I think the separate servers decision has been set in stone seeing as Microsoft did in the past with the first x box.

Reguarding PS3- Don't be believe any of the launch date crap Sony says because I think the PS3 will be pushed back until Christmas or possibly spring for the United States. Second of all the PS3 will cost some exhorbitant amount of money because I'm paraphrasing from game informer, individual blue-ray dvd disc players run at a starting cost of 1000 buckaroos. Just look at whats happened- Xbox 360 was announced for early november and was pushed back to almost the end of november so the PS3 could go through the same delay problems if not worse ones. Also, the final system specifications have not been completed for the PS3 so the system is kind of in a limbo right now. Going with what game informer said about the price of blue-ray dvd players- good luck to Sony on pricing the PS3. I think the PS3 could flop on its launch possibly even worse than the 360 did. It all depends on its price. Sony is screwed either way. The cheaper it makes the system, the more revenue it will lose. The more expensive it makes it, less people will be willing to buy it. To make matters worse PSU will be coming out for the 360 not to be a fan boy or anyting b/c I think the PS3 will be an excellent system. In addition, the longer Sony waits to finalize the specs on the pc, the closer Halo 3 is to being completed. I will laugh so hard if Halo 3 releases around the same time as PS3.

Reguarding the 360 version- There are two ways Microsoft can solve the PSU issue of chat. 1. If the game ends up not supporting voice chat, microsoft can later update (which it probably will) the private chat to support several people.
2. Again, if the game ends up not supporting voice chat, microsoft can allow for support of usb keyboards (a smart idea anyways) seeing as it would substitute voice chat and alleviate us of having to type out what we want to say with the controller (omg!!!)

More on the 360 Version- I certainly agree with those of you who say that separating the versions will be a good idea because having to do a a general update for all systems that are connected to the same server could be hazardous. I don't agree with region barriers, though, because it takes a way that large community feel that people from GC version of PSO say they missed.

Alas, we can only wait for E3 in May to be the final determinate in deciding such things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2006, 10:52 PM
PS3 must launch in november, can't lets the 360 and the wild coonts run wild for the holiday season, and as for PS3's blu-ray drive, it won't cause as much as a player because it lacks the processor they have (The cell does that for it.), it lacks the stablizers for it for them extrmly highspeed reading thta they have, it lacks the blu-ray burner,ect you really can't guess what it will cost them becuase they are making it and thus pay less for it. the players cost that much becuase of the unique features that they have. PS3 won't be more than $500 any more woudl be fool hardy

bstm300
Apr 28, 2006, 10:54 PM
Hey Shin Maruku do you think the 360 version will be free of additional costs since it will run on Live servers not sonic team's servers?

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2006, 11:00 PM
I belive if you paid for live, you still have to pay for the Hunter's liscnes, but if you have just live silver, you just pay the HS costs.

bstm300
Apr 28, 2006, 11:04 PM
The Hunter's License better not cost more than $11.95 or I will dropkick my 360 on oop of a Sonic Teams Exec's head, lol. Seriously they better be coming out with sweet updates if they do charge 11.95 b/c the updates on the PSO Xbox version were terrible and we still payed the stupid 8.50 amount each month.

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2006, 11:14 PM
You cna edit your post you know, if you are confused how to do so, go to the forth icon blow your post cna click it, as for PSU's HS should be around $9-$14 hopefully $9-$10

bstm300
Apr 28, 2006, 11:31 PM
thanks skin maruku for advice. I'm pretty new so noobish things should be expected of me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShinMaruku
Apr 29, 2006, 12:09 AM
No problem. It's nice to help new people, rahter than be mean.

BulletTooth
Apr 29, 2006, 09:05 AM
For an Xbox LIVER, this is the best news possible. It means that the 360 version will be built around the huge amount of capabilities that Xbox LIVE has considering now they do not have to worry about trying to be compatable with the PS2 and the PC.

For everyone else, it really sux because limits who you can play with.

And just to verify, you do not have to pay for LIVE Gold to play PSU. You can have the free Silver plan and still play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-04-29 07:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-04-29 07:10 ]</font>

bstm300
Apr 29, 2006, 10:14 AM
What are the times you can play on silver because I have never really look into it?

ShinMaruku
Apr 29, 2006, 11:03 AM
On weekends. But you still have to pay HS for PSU regardless, so don't think you'll get away for free.
Tis good Sony annouced their hub is free becuase Microsoft now has to justify their price for what the others do for free!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-04-29 09:03 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 29, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-04-28 20:52, ShinMaruku wrote:
PS3 must launch in november, can't lets the 360 and the wild coonts run wild for the holiday season, and as for PS3's blu-ray drive, it won't cause as much as a player because it lacks the processor they have (The cell does that for it.), it lacks the stablizers for it for them extrmly highspeed reading thta they have, it lacks the blu-ray burner,ect you really can't guess what it will cost them becuase they are making it and thus pay less for it. the players cost that much becuase of the unique features that they have. PS3 won't be more than $500 any more woudl be fool hardy

But selling the console for less than 2/3 of what it costs to build it would also be fool hardy. It'll cost 650$, or I'll eat my calculator.

Eclypse
Apr 29, 2006, 05:20 PM
The president of SCE Europe said the PS3 will sell for €500 which is $611. Don't expect the PS3 to sell fo anything less than $530 because it's costing Sony $700 just to make each system. I highly doubt they will want to lose even more money just to make the price comparable to what the 360 is running for.

Sony makes there systems do way to much and that has always been the problem with Sony Electronics in general. I mean who needs there Vega TV to have memory card slots when you can do all that on the PC, or why would I care that my Playstation plays in Blu Ray when I can just watch HD DVD's for even cheaper?

As for the seperation of the servers, I could care less to be honest ebcaues that won't stop me from buying the game since I already know people be playing it since the 360 is still thin on RPG type titles.

Sinue_v2
Apr 29, 2006, 08:20 PM
For an Xbox LIVER, this is the best news possible.

I don't agree with that. As an Xbox Live user, I still see this as terrible news. Voice chat is nice in games like Halo 2, Outrun 2, Guilty Gear, ect.. when you don't have time to take your hands off the controller. PSU, being an RPG, is not that way - even if it is action oriented. You can always direct yourself out of the way of immediate harm and type up a quick message. After all, the game is being designed with the PS2 and PC in mind first and foremost - and those versions do NOT support voice chat. Simple quick-select micros could handle basic commands, such as asking for Resta. In online RPG's, I often prefer simple text chat to Voice chat.

The only thing I'd miss about Xbox Live, is the friends list. However - integrating those would not be a hard feat to accomplish. You would simply have to have two friends lists. One for PSU, one for Xbox Live. In that way, you could still see who was online with what - and send/recieve voice messages & invites.

The drawbacks to a closed network far outweigh the benefits, IMO. Not only do you loes much of your playerbase - but also run the risk of not getting updates and patches that the "main" version gets.

RFB
Apr 29, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-04-29 07:05, BulletTooth wrote:
For an Xbox LIVER, this is the best news possible. It means that the 360 version will be built around the huge amount of capabilities that Xbox LIVE has considering now they do not have to worry about trying to be compatable with the PS2 and the PC.

Excuse me?

Ok, I can see that, on one side, it can be good, because they can tweak the 360 version to use all of XBox LIVE capabilities. Ok. Fine.

But it sucks for everyone thats not on LIVE, because it limits who we can play with? Have you looked at your own situation? Xbox players are going to be the most limited of all, because theirs will be the smallest of the 2 communities.

These are horrible news, this will split the community, but dont come here saying that it "sux" not to be on LIVE because we're going to be limited. Look at yourself. We're going to be far less limited than you.

Here's still hoping for SEGA to change their minds and make them shared, for the sake of the entire community.

ShinMaruku
Apr 29, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-04-29 09:11, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-04-28 20:52, ShinMaruku wrote:

But selling the console for less than 2/3 of what it costs to build it would also be fool hardy. It'll cost 650$, or I'll eat my calculator.

They always sell consoles at a loss, 360 is sold at a loss, but it won't be as expensive as all these negative things say it will, most stuff is made in house for Sony, they'll pay less, the PS3 won't be sold above $500 or it won't sell, the loss they are selling it at may seem bad but as it is a trojan horse for blu-ray it will reverse the cost.

As for what that French man said, he corrected them by saying by his own reasoning not the price that the company said. They corrected that long ago.http://ps3.ign.com/articles/700/700432p1.html

If you seen that comment then you should have seen the correction.
it's anywhere between $400-$500 it will be sold at.
Plus peopel where saying that the PSP would cot $400 and now look at the price.

Seems you guys want it to fail or some shit.

Eclypse
Apr 30, 2006, 12:48 AM
That article was just Sony coming back to save face. The system will not sell at a $300 loss which is what it would be doing if it sold for anything less than $499. I am pretty sure that the PS3 will sell for at least $500-600 easy.

ShinMaruku
Apr 30, 2006, 02:49 AM
It won't sell as they'd like it to at more than $500 (The friggin Saturn sold for that much and few bought that thing until they dropped the price)
Either way they are set to lose billions if need be to install a solid blu-ray base and then flood the market.

If blu-ray does have it's trojan horse they can make up the loss. Remeber they are pushin a new HD format with the PS3 as well and their HD-TVs have that new format . They are pushing alot of things with it so a little loss might not matter in the long run

BulletTooth
Apr 30, 2006, 07:02 AM
On 2006-04-29 18:56, RFB wrote:

On 2006-04-29 07:05, BulletTooth wrote:

Excuse me?

Ok, I can see that, on one side, it can be good, because they can tweak the 360 version to use all of XBox LIVE capabilities. Ok. Fine.

But it sucks for everyone thats not on LIVE, because it limits who we can play with? Have you looked at your own situation? Xbox players are going to be the most limited of all, because theirs will be the smallest of the 2 communities.

These are horrible news, this will split the community, but dont come here saying that it "sux" not to be on LIVE because we're going to be limited. Look at yourself. We're going to be far less limited than you.

Here's still hoping for SEGA to change their minds and make them shared, for the sake of the entire community.

Yes we will be limited....to mere thousands and thousand of people to play with. Unlike the PC and PS2 who will have tens of thousands.....get my point.

Xbox LIVE has well over 3 MILLION MEMBERS!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-04-30 05:03 ]</font>

BulletTooth
Apr 30, 2006, 07:10 AM
On 2006-04-29 08:14, bstm300 wrote:
What are the times you can play on silver because I have never really look into it?

If you are playing PSU with a free Silver plan, then you can play it 24/7 because you will be paying sega to play not Microsoft. You will still be able to do everything else on LIVE, ie. download arcade games, videos, game/movie trailers; you just will not be able to play other LIVE games online.

You need a GOlD plan for that.

RFB
Apr 30, 2006, 07:11 AM
On 2006-04-30 05:02, BulletTooth wrote:

Yes we will be limited....to mere thousands and thousand of people to play with. Unlike the PC and PS2 who will have tens of thousands.....get my point.

Your point was clearly that everyone thats not on XBox LIVE will have limited choices of who to play with. "For everyone else, it really sux because limits who you can play with."

And how many of those 3 million members have an Xbox 360? how many of those will be buying PSU? And buying it for 360 and not another system?

If you take into account everyone thats on XBox LIVE, let me take into account everyone with a PC good enough to play PSU that has internet connection, aswell as every PS2 owner in the world with the broadband adaptor and a broadband connection.
It only sums up to, what, dozens and dozens of millions of people?

Brus
Apr 30, 2006, 07:29 AM
last time I checked there werent even 1 million world wide 360's sold... that might be changed now, but not by much. At most probably 1.5 million sold, and yeah, I sinerely doubt that #1 everyone with a 360 goes on live therefore narrowing down many of live's users to original xbox (for now at least) and #2 that for the majority of people in AMERICA who have 360's that they are interested in games such as PSU. I believe Call of Duty 2 and PGR3 were the best sellers for a while. #3 the majority of 360 owners probably interested in PSU are probalby jp users and JP people who own a 360 isnt exactly the highest statistic you'll find.

Deaf360
Apr 30, 2006, 09:57 AM
i am excite for 360 but...sad for limited communtity...not alot ppl have 360...so i only hope sega will change mind to allow all PSU play all conosle...pc, xbox360, ps2...

my grammer is not good today

electricocean
Apr 30, 2006, 10:18 AM
Personally I'd rather play PSU on my HDTV, thank you very much.

If they link--yay.

If they don't link--yay.

It doesn't really matter to me. There will be enough people on for everyone. Once it gets past 5,000 does it really matter?

McLaughlin
Apr 30, 2006, 11:15 AM
On 2006-04-30 05:29, Brus wrote:
last time I checked there werent even 1 million world wide 360's sold... that might be changed now, but not by much. At most probably 1.5 million sold, and yeah, I sinerely doubt that #1 everyone with a 360 goes on live therefore narrowing down many of live's users to original xbox (for now at least) and #2 that for the majority of people in AMERICA who have 360's that they are interested in games such as PSU. I believe Call of Duty 2 and PGR3 were the best sellers for a while. #3 the majority of 360 owners probably interested in PSU are probalby jp users and JP people who own a 360 isnt exactly the highest statistic you'll find.

PSU isn't slated to release until fall of this year. I know quite a few of my friends are very envious of my 360 and are gunning to get one. So think. 1.5 million in NA sold. How many RPGs does the 360 have? Oblivion. How many online RPGs does it have? 0. People I know are hungry for ANY kind of MMORPG esque game. I know that 3 of my friends will be on the 360, and that's more than enough people for me to be content with.

Eclypse
Apr 30, 2006, 12:13 PM
On 2006-04-30 08:18, electricocean wrote:
Personally I'd rather play PSU on my HDTV, thank you very much.

If they link--yay.

If they don't link--yay.

It doesn't really matter to me. There will be enough people on for everyone. Once it gets past 5,000 does it really matter?

My point exactly. Who cares if you can't play with the whole PSO world community, hell most people don't even know 15% of this community so it really doesn't matter. PSU is PSU regardless of what system you play on.

DjDragoon
Apr 30, 2006, 01:57 PM
360s don't just grow offa tress, ya know. It'd be really sad if I couldn't play PSU with sister at the same time unless I upgrade her comp or buy another 360 :/. I'd rather have PSU on 360 with the servers being connected.

ShinMaruku
Apr 30, 2006, 03:02 PM
I'm gonna play PSU and a HDTV anywya on my PS3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vitius137
Apr 30, 2006, 03:11 PM
i just realized that i can play on 2 consoles at once on my tv. on PIP mode. cool. too bad i cant connect the TV to my comp....

is there any adapter that converts the RGB cabled to the monitor kind that you plug into the comp? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kimil
Apr 30, 2006, 03:20 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-04-30 05:03 ]</font>

Yes, XBOX Live does have 3 million people, but there are very little who have an XBOX 360, and even less ppl who play Phantasy Star. There may be 3 million XBOX Live Players, but the percent of those players who play PSO (right now) is less then 1%. Go on the PSO servers on XBOX live right now, there's five ships. But only one ship ever has more then one user on it (Appetite) and only Block; #s 1 and 2, have ppl on them.

So... There' ONLY EVER 150 PEOPLE ON THE XBOX LIVE VERSION OF PSO. Also Taking into Acount that very few ppl have an XBOX 360, the numbers of PSU payers will be even less. You guys might have ennough people online at a time to fill one block... that's about it.

McLaughlin
Apr 30, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-04-30 13:20, Kimil wrote:

Yes, XBOX Live does have 3 million people, but there are very little who have an XBOX 360, and even less ppl who play Phantasy Star. There may be 3 million XBOX Live Players, but the percent of those players who play PSO (right now) is less then 1%. Go on the PSO servers on XBOX live right now, there's five ships. But only one ship ever has more then one user on it (Appetite) and only Block; #s 1 and 2, have ppl on them.

So... There' ONLY EVER 150 PEOPLE ON THE XBOX LIVE VERSION OF PSO. Also Taking into Acount that very few ppl have an XBOX 360, the numbers of PSU payers will be even less. You guys might have ennough people online at a time to fill one block... that's about it.

It doesn't matter who used to play PSO, because not only is this going to be the second or third RPG on the 360, it will probably get alot of advertisement money, unlike previous installments.

And as for the PS3 zeleot (probably spelled that wrong), I asked the manager at my local EB Games how much a PS3 was to pre-order, and they weren't taking pre-orders yet. So I asked how much he thought the shelf price would be, and he told me even if Sony sold the console at 800.00$ (CAN) they'd still be selling it at a sizable loss. He said the lowest you'd possibly see it would be 599.99$ (He knows what he's talking about. He's the one person in my area who knows more about gaming than anyone, and he backs himself up with research)

ShinMaruku
Apr 30, 2006, 06:28 PM
You did spell Zealot wrong, levae out the extra a.
You asked a guy at EB bought the price? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They are giving you their opinioun on the price, nobody knows how much it costs as of yet, not even Sony because production has not started up yet, so what ever source you get it from is all speculation.

Sony is ready to take a loss of $900,000,000+ for the PS3, so of course they are gonna take a loss, but as for what they'll sell it at, it depends on them, we can't go by specuation becuase they dubbed the PSP to sell at $400 and the price is still $200-$250. I see it at $450. I find $299 as inconcivable, but we really can't point at cost till production runs up.
Then again in the begining the PS2 was damn pricy to make too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-04-30 16:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-04-30 20:17 ]</font>

matizzle87
May 1, 2006, 03:09 AM
<font size=-1>[ On 2006-04-30 13:20 Kimil wrote]</font>

Remember that PSO was released on 22 may 2003 for the xbox, that's a pretty while ago. You a looking at the numbers after more than 3 years of it's release. I never played PSO online with a Xbox in the beginning, but then there were probably a lot more people online than there are now. By the way, since there is a (probably) way better single player, there a more people among xbox360-gamers that will buy this phantasy star game than if there wasn't a good single-player and try out the game online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matizzle87 on 2006-05-01 01:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matizzle87 on 2006-05-02 02:35 ]</font>

BulletTooth
May 1, 2006, 07:14 AM
On 2006-04-30 05:11, RFB wrote:

Your point was clearly that everyone thats not on XBox LIVE will have limited choices of who to play with. "For everyone else, it really sux because limits who you can play with."

And how many of those 3 million members have an Xbox 360? how many of those will be buying PSU? And buying it for 360 and not another system?

If you take into account everyone thats on XBox LIVE, let me take into account everyone with a PC good enough to play PSU that has internet connection, aswell as every PS2 owner in the world with the broadband adaptor and a broadband connection.
It only sums up to, what, dozens and dozens of millions of people?

That is not what I meant at all. I meant that it sux for the PC and PS2 crowd because they will not be able to play with as many people as if the 360 was also on the same servers.

Also, by the time PSU comes out late this year, there will probably be more than 2 million 360's. I read somewhere that at least 2.5 million available by thanksgiving. I seriously doubt we will be short on PSU players on the 360. Seriously doubt it.

BulletTooth
May 1, 2006, 07:19 AM
Oh ya, one more very important note.

When, PSO debuted on Xbox LIVE,it was the #1 game on live. Believe me I know, it sucked all my free time.

I have no reason not to believe it will do it again!

RFB
May 1, 2006, 07:34 AM
On 2006-05-01 05:14, BulletTooth wrote:

That is not what I meant at all. I meant that it sux for the PC and PS2 crowd because they will not be able to play with as many people as if the 360 was also on the same servers.

And it doesnt suck for those on a 360 not being able to play with all the PC and PS2 players?

Also, by the time PSU comes out late this year, there will probably be more than 2 million 360's. I read somewhere that at least 2.5 million available by thanksgiving. I seriously doubt we will be short on PSU players on the 360. Seriously doubt it.

Not saying you're gonna be short. Saying you're gonna have less players than PC & PS2.

Foxfire15
May 1, 2006, 04:36 PM
Well, huh. Could kinda swing two ways. Less players, true, but most Xbox players I've found...tend to be well...asses. >_< I'd rather not have some little kid screaming / typing obsenties at me because *I* picked up some great weapon and he wanted to go sell it. (ok, exageration, but you know what I mean). Besides, Ventilo or Team Speak works just dandy for chatting across a PC. dunno about PS2 though.

matizzle87
May 2, 2006, 04:46 AM

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I hope so.. 'cause I'm buying it for my 360.. I probably won't be able to play it on my PC and I don't have a ps2.. I hope it's going to be even better than PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif by the way.

Reystradamus
May 2, 2006, 02:20 PM
Xbox Live Voice Chat is overrated...i had Xbox Live....all u do iz talk trash for hours...hear racist threats,,,and on PSO Live all u hear is people play loud music in the lobby...beg for mags....PSO on Xbox was fun though...but dam i hate beggars!!!

Dan12R
May 2, 2006, 03:19 PM
The numbers of people playing PSO on Xbox shouldn't be considered. I didn't get it on Xbox because I had it on Dreamcast (at least Ep. 1). Add in that you had to pay to play online, I had played through Ep. 2 on a friend's GC, and had to have a Live account to even play offline and I simply said no to it. I'm sure there was a lot of people who felt the same way.

But I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions on this. I think there might still be some news to come out on all of this. One thing I've been thinking about is that maybe there won't be a charge to play PSU on 360. Afterall, what point would there be? Toss out the lobbies (which are more or less simply glorified chatrooms and serve little to no purpose for people who just want to team up with their 3 friends and get into the meat of the game) and PSO wasn't an MMO in anyway. 360 offers much better tools for countering cheaters. Cheater reporting is built into the dashboard and someone can look at someone's rep before playing with them so cheaters can easily be avoided and removed from the service. Plus there's stuff on MS's end that they keep secret to avoid people running around it all. Plain and simple, there should be no reason why PSU should be pay to play on 360 if the 360 is seperate from PS2 and PC. So there's one possible benefit to seperating the communities and the only logical reason I can think of for it being seperate.

While Sega has made some bone head mistakes in the past, I have to think they have a good reason for seperating the 360 from the PC and PS2. The fact that there's no need to charge for it on 360 is the only thing I can come up with.

Reystradamus
May 2, 2006, 03:40 PM
I think they should combine servers....but then again i dont care cuzz i got a ps2...but on the real...they should so it will feel more univerish...have a bigger population...meet more people....make it more interesting...more arguements...more debates.....more possibilities!

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 05:43 PM
I think this is good, as everyone whom I've currently met that owns a 360 is way more pompous than they deserve to be. I really have no desire to assosciate with 360 players in any way.

I agree with the number of people that have posted this before me, and quite honestly, I don't like voicechat anyway. I don't want anyone to know what I really sound like, it can make proper roleplay difficult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-05-02 15:45 ]</font>

McLaughlin
May 3, 2006, 10:46 PM
You know, if you don't know what the mute button does, or how to unplug your microphone, there are operations that can make roleplaying alot easier.

Honestly. I'll take a mic and a mute feature over some dumbass spamming a profane symbol that I can't block. Mic > Keyboard in my own biased opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-05-04 04:49 ]</font>

BulletTooth
May 4, 2006, 06:08 AM
Your right. I can mute and permantly avoid someone on LIVE in a heart beat.

I hope the 360 version allows us to somehow stop the symbol spamming.

Reystradamus
May 4, 2006, 12:55 PM
imagine voice chat in a mmo,mmorpg type game.....100plus voices talking,beggin,arguing...voice chat is good but in other kinds of games..like 1st person shooters.

cobfab
May 5, 2006, 01:10 AM
MY GOD SO MANY IMMATURE PEOPLE. KEEP YOUR DECISIONS TO YOURSELF PEOPLE. IF YOU WANT TO BUY THE PS2/PC VERSION, GO RIGHT AHEAD. IF YOU WANT TO BUY THE 360, GO AHEAD. NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO BUY ONE OR THE OTHER. JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT FOR OTHER SYSTEMS, DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN GO RIGHT AHEAD AND GIVE IMMATURE REASONS AND BASH OTHER SYSTEMS. MY GOD GROW UP.

YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR HUNDREDS OF WHINING AND SCREAMING, TURN YOUR HEADSET VOLUME ALL THE WAY DOWN THEN OR MUTE.

HOW WILL YOU EVEN KNOW YOU WILL BE HEARING EVERYONE TALK AT THE SAME TIME. HECK THEY MIGHT HAVE VOICE CHAT IN A GAME WHICH IS ONLY FREAKING 6 PEOPLE OR IN YOUR ROOM WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

BOTH SYSTEMS ARE FULL OF KIDS. I SEE YOU 360 HATERS SAYING THE 360 IS FULL OF KIDS, YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT SOCOM BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobfab on 2006-05-04 23:11 ]</font>

Balthor
May 5, 2006, 02:11 AM
Capsfury.

McLaughlin
May 5, 2006, 06:28 AM
I think he was defending 360 users...but his point might have been better proved if he hadn't used caps lock >_>

Deaf360
May 5, 2006, 06:45 AM
yea i argee with cobfab...i fell rude when yall talkin about how xbox360 is full of kids..i dont argee...Halo 1, 2 yea maybe but not fifa, NFSMW, PGR3,COD2 alot games that alot adult play include me 17 yr old..i play DOA 4 great games beside you dont know if 360 version might will be best graphic than ps2 or PC..that why sega sepreated 360 from ps2 and pc b/c maybe they try make PSU HD TV game only for xbox360. i am not sure about ps3..but E3 will talking about PSU so all we have to wait and see. for myself i am thankful that i am deaf i dont have to use headset i can use keyboard to talk that why i like PSO b.c that is first game i can play with ppl use keyboard anyway back to point..dont blah/insult xb360 b/c yall might havent play xbox360 live version yet..i love it but that just my option<-----dang how do u spell that?

chibiLegolas
May 5, 2006, 12:16 PM
On 2006-05-01 14:36, Foxfire15 wrote:
Well, huh. Could kinda swing two ways. Less players, true, but most Xbox players I've found...tend to be well...asses. >_< I'd rather not have some little kid screaming / typing obsenties at me because *I* picked up some great weapon and he wanted to go sell it. (ok, exageration, but you know what I mean).

I'm sorry to hear all those who've had bad experiences on xbox pso. But it sounds like most of the annoying players you've encountered would be from Appetite. As a general rule of thumb, that's where all the hackers, immature, and obscene folks hang out anyways.

There are plenty of worth while players out there on xbox. They're just scattered around on the other ships (generally).
You just haven't met them yet.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Just an observation.

EGO-BOT
May 5, 2006, 04:12 PM
If PSU on Xbox360 was linked to the Ps2 and PC servers then they wouldnft need to have the voice chat option and simply take the same route they have with FFXI - text only.

Also, I wouldnft judge the immaturity of your average Xbox /360 owner based on how people behave over the netc you guys must of noticed that the internet seems to bring out the worst in people at times and having a microphone seems to make it worse. Ifve got no doubt in my mind if the PC and PS2 versions had voice chat it would get abused with the same shouting, swearing and racist remarks. If you want proof of that, go to any chat room with voice chat on the internet (like the fight room on yahoo chat. 40 people in a chat room hurling abuse at each other for hours).

cobfab
May 5, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-05-05 04:28, Zeta wrote:
I think he was defending 360 users...but his point might have been better proved if he hadn't used caps lock >_>

LOL sorry about the caps. The keyboard's capslock was broken and the library didn't fix it.
What I'm trying to say is you gotta learn how to deal with kids online. You'll be the one to look bad if you can't be cool around kids online. Everyone deals with kids online and real life so online isn't that much of a difference, it's just you're not there with the kid so you can't do anything about their whinnings.

BulletTooth
May 6, 2006, 03:27 AM
Some facts to help clear up some misconceptions of the 360 version.

FACT 1

The 360 version supports full voice chat and FULL USB KEYBOARD SUPPORT. You can choose what you want to use.

FACT 2

On Xbox LIVE you can mute anyone you want at anytime you want. Or you can EASILY permanently avoid someone and never be matched up with them again. If you really dislike them, LIVE has an exstensive reporting feature built into it that allows you to report to Microsoft anyone being abusive or rude. Microsoft bans people all the time.

FACT 3

LIVE has an exstensive reputation system that shows everyone what type of player you are that everyone can see. Those that get bad feed back from others get a bad reputaion and you can avoid them. Five stars means you have a great reputaion(look at my sig) one star means you suck. What this means is, it is easy to get rid of the crappy players and easy to find and play with the good players.

FACT 4

6 players talking over XBOX lIVE is CAKE. I have easily talked with 16 friends on other games with no problem what so ever. Voice is not an issue on LIVE. Most people just assume it is without ACTUALLY TRYING IT.

FACT 5
Dedicated servers built for the 360 system means the best connectivity possible. Remember, there is a reason why Sega decided to seperate the servers.

FACT 6
Yes it does suck that the 360 community can not play with the PS2 and PC community. But that is the price we have to play to get the best possible version that Sega can bring to the 360. I have a very selective group of friends I play with online, most I met on PSO. All we care about is the game.

RFB
May 6, 2006, 04:34 AM
On 2006-05-06 01:27, BulletTooth wrote:

FACT 5
Dedicated servers built for the 360 system means the best connectivity possible. Remember, there is a reason why Sega decided to seperate the servers.

Oh yes, there is a reason. They've gone mad, completely crazy, and became brainless minions of satan.

For ANY online game, for ANY platform, the bigger the community, the better. ALWAYS.

Yes, there is a reason. They are idiots, or Microsoft is an idiot and paid SEGA to make it that way.

FACT 2
On Xbox LIVE you can mute anyone you want at anytime you want. Or you can EASILY permanently avoid someone and never be matched up with them again. If you really dislike them, LIVE has an exstensive reporting feature built into it that allows you to report to Microsoft anyone being abusive or rude. Microsoft bans people all the time.

Guess what, such feature already exists built-in into PSU, you dont need a 360 to be able to avoid players in PSU. I should know about this. I mistakenly blacklisted Ada and Inazuma http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

FACT 3
LIVE has an exstensive reputation system that shows everyone what type of player you are that everyone can see. Those that get bad feed back from others get a bad reputaion and you can avoid them. Five stars means you have a great reputaion(look at my sig) one star means you suck. What this means is, it is easy to get rid of the crappy players and easy to find and play with the good players.

I dont have a 360 myself, but a friend of mine does, and the star system is mostly worthless. My friend is already avoiding quite a few players, and reported 2 of them. Guess what. All 5 stars.

And about the best possible version... we'll see. This is SEGA we're talking about. We'll see in E3, but I wouldnt be surprised to see it's the same game we're getting for PC/PS2, just a bit more shiny, and made compatible for LIVE.

cobfab
May 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
Whatever the reason, this game will fail like earlier titles.

PJ
May 6, 2006, 09:50 AM
The reason is probably just Live can't connect to the servers. I didn't read through the other 11 pages, so if someone said they already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

So it's probably NOT Sega's fault, but Microsoft's. And maybe that's just out of their power.

McLaughlin
May 6, 2006, 10:19 AM
FACT 3

I'm going to have to disagree.The Star system is pointless in that people abuse the feedback function all the time. For instance: I never really talk trash, or act like an ass on Xbox Live, yet 100% of the people who left negative feedback on me said it was for language. I still have 5 stars, and I like the whole" Prefer or avoid" thing, but I don't want to be avoided because some kid couldn't accept the fact that 1 combo can't beat a decent DOA4 player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-05-06 08:21 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
May 6, 2006, 10:48 AM
You know what's weird... I've had you on my friends list forever - and yet we've never played a single game.

McLaughlin
May 6, 2006, 10:51 AM
Double posted by accident >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-05-06 19:16 ]</font>

McLaughlin
May 6, 2006, 10:58 AM
On 2006-05-06 08:51, Zeta wrote:
That is odd O_o