PDA

View Full Version : Do Nothing And Don't Get Noticed, Do Something... And Still

Kuea
Apr 25, 2006, 12:51 PM
This is a sort of stupid rant, but it's really been gettign to me lately <_<;

like the topic sorta says... no matter what I do, nothign I ever seem to do gets noticed >>

for example, if I was just sitting in class and doing nothing, of course nothign would probably be noticied, but even if I am doing work that's teh best in the class, answering teachers questios or whatever, nothing still gets noticed ._.

Every day I'll just keep doing stuff and each and every time, Nothing. It doesn't even matter where or what I do either, at home, school, internet or anywhere at all

yes like I said, this is a stupid rant <_< but it's just been going on so much lately I wanted to rant about it >_>

bleh... I think I had some more to say about this... but Nohra made me forget with some comics so... enjoy crapy rant <_<

Skorpius
Apr 25, 2006, 01:06 PM
You posted, and I noticed. ;o

RANT NULLIFIED? ;P

trypticon
Apr 25, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hmm. If you really want to get burned for your work, try posting something brilliant in the fan works section. Guarenteed to get absolutely no feedback for your work at all, but you can bet that anybody below par in terms of talent will get tons of replies.

The thing to keep in mind is that there is no way to explain why this happens. People seem to be drawn to crap, and they feed off of it like magots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2006-04-25 12:00 ]</font>

Sayara
Apr 25, 2006, 02:18 PM
On 2006-04-25 11:59, trypticon wrote:
Hmm. If you really want to get burned for your work, try posting something brilliant in the fan works section. Guarenteed to get absolutely no feedback for your work at all, but you can bet that anybody below par in terms of talent will get tons of replies.

The thing to keep in mind is that there is no way to explain why this happens. People seem to be drawn to crap, and they feed off of it like magots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2006-04-25 12:00 ]</font>

Why do you even mention this case? >_>

ABDUR101
Apr 25, 2006, 02:21 PM
Not being noticed, negative or otherwise, isn't a bad thing. Keep your head under everyone's radars and enjoy it.

Deltra
Apr 25, 2006, 03:31 PM
Unless you like to attract a lot of attention, not being noticed isn't such a bad thing. I usually like to keep a low profile, you get less attention from others, who may constantly bother you.

Firocket1690
Apr 25, 2006, 04:33 PM
Nnnnn...

Same thing happened in my engineering class. People called me for help, because i knew my way around the program (inventor 8/9) Eventually, I stopped responding, and nobody noticed.

In your case though, it's.. kinda expected of you to participate in the class. Don't assume your work is "teh best in the class". Not everybody thinks likewise.

Lastly, why do you want to draw attention to yourself to begin with?

... attention whore. =/

Maridia
Apr 25, 2006, 05:18 PM
On 2006-04-25 14:33, Firocket1690 wrote:
Nnnnn...

Same thing happened in my engineering class. People called me for help, because i knew my way around the program (inventor 8/9) Eventually, I stopped responding, and nobody noticed.

In your case though, it's.. kinda expected of you to participate in the class. Don't assume your work is "teh best in the class". Not everybody thinks likewise.

Lastly, why do you want to draw attention to yourself to begin with?

... attention whore. =/

That's a little unfair coming from the person who makes topics just to brag all about the amazing new whatevers she got while refering to herself in the third person.

Eclair, you don't need those people to notice you. Just do your best. When it really matters, you'll make them notice you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I have faith in you.

Daikarin
Apr 25, 2006, 06:14 PM
It's not a mistake to want the recognition of others for your work. But my opinion is, you shouldn't expect it.

Wyndham
Apr 25, 2006, 10:18 PM
Eclair, I noticed you, and I talkto you every chanced I getm, because...
YOU
ARE
AWESOOME!!!!
^_^
so no rant.

Sayara
Apr 25, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-04-25 16:14, Daikarin wrote:
It's not a mistake to want the recognition of others for your work. But my opinion is, you shouldn't expect it.

This man speaks the truthest truths. so QFT (Creating words 4 U). Expecting it got me a downer a plenty, but i just tend to remember these days that you do what ever you do for you. Not for billybob or angiewangie or whoever.

Saiffy
Apr 25, 2006, 10:55 PM
Like wanting an attention(See attention whore) is so bad.

Now, I'm no psychologist, but I remember hearing that all humans need attention sometime or another. And if family, peers, co-workers, bosses or teachers aren't giving it, you got a problem.

trypticon
Apr 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
On 2006-04-25 20:55, Saiffy wrote:
Like wanting an attention(See attention whore) is so bad.

Now, I'm no psychologist, but I remember hearing that all humans need attention sometime or another. And if family, peers, co-workers, bosses or teachers aren't giving it, you got a problem.

From downtown!!!

This man writes a truth, as well.

zwandude15
Apr 26, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-04-25 20:55, Saiffy wrote:

I think getting attention from a significant other is the attention you aim at. "Sometime or another," someone will come around. Once you have someone like that, you really don't want the attention of everyone else, just that person. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

In light of recent events, I've realized some sort of truth in your particular topic/problem.

The amount of work you do to get attention, isn't worth the reward of getting it.

You'll spend so much time trying to get people's attention, the time you end up recieving from them is nowhere near equivalent to what you did to get it in the first place. =/

Since the beginning of the school year, I did my hair every day of the week for school. Not for attention, but because i dislike my hair, and like it straight. But during Spring Break, I decided that it just wasn't important to me anymore.

Too much work, for too little pay.

The only thing that really mattered to me anyways was what my significant other thought, but she loves me no matter what, so it became of no importance to me. I simply stopped doing it.

No one really wants attention, and i bet the people who have it don't even ask for it. But the second they lose it, they realize who was really there. Only the few who were close friends stayed by their side.

I guess I'm just trying to say, try to get attention from the people who are important to you. They'll appreciate you for you, as opposed to the people you're trying to impress, who will appreciate you for something you did.

Then again, attention on the side isn't bad, but never try for it...

Jehosaphaty
Apr 26, 2006, 02:24 PM
zwandude has a significant other? I would have never known.

no one really wants attention ... is bull. Everybody has the desire to be noticed, to feel significant. some prefer to be loners, but deep down, appreciation is always welcome.

try to get attention from the people who are important to you ... If people are really important to you and vice versa, you shouldn't need to try to get their attention, it should already be there.

As for all this significant other crap, high school "love" is here today gone tomorrow; I don't care what you think, feel, or say. If all you worry about is the attention of that one person, then you are missing out on countless opportunities of friendship with others. Obssessing over something isn't healthy: moderation.

CSKA_Sofia
Apr 26, 2006, 03:30 PM
It depends on what you did to try and get noticed.

zwandude15
Apr 26, 2006, 06:37 PM
On 2006-04-26 12:24, Jehosaphaty wrote:
zwandude has a significant other? I would have never known.

If you had seen my damn sexy picture...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As for all this significant other crap, high school "love" is here today gone tomorrow; I don't care what you think, feel, or say. If all you worry about is the attention of that one person, then you are missing out on countless opportunities of friendship with others. Obssessing over something isn't healthy: moderation.

My parents were together in high school. Of course, I can't really say the same now...they're sort of separating...I'd appreciate you didn't mention this. It's for personal reason, and the subject hits me particularly hard...Anything is possible. Not all high school relationships are doomed from the beginning.

Besides, "friendships with others" is just as much crap as well. Sooner or later, you realize that most of the people who said they'd always be there for you, probably won't. Friendships are easily forgotten, and just as easily replaceable.

Also, you said "appreciation" is always welcome, which is true. But it's a bit different than "attention."

I suppose all in all, it's all up to personal preference. I really think that if attention comes around, it's welcome, but I never really look for it. I tend to like surprises, and expecting attention sort of ruins the point... >_>

REJ-
Apr 26, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'm sure you get noticed at some level, if you have a group of friends you chill with or a significant other, then you can't say no one notices you.

It can be worse... I do nothing, I don't get noticed, I do something good, I don't get noticed, I do something bad/uncool/wierd or I make some kind of mistake, I get noticed and made fun of http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Attention can be positive or negative, but like zwan said, what we really want is appreciation.

zwandude15
Apr 26, 2006, 07:52 PM
On 2006-04-26 17:01, REJ- wrote:
I'm sure you get noticed at some level, if you have a group of friends you chill with or a significant other, then you can't say no one notices you.

It can be worse... I do nothing, I don't get noticed, I do something good, I don't get noticed, I do something bad/uncool/wierd or I make some kind of mistake, I get noticed and made fun of http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Attention can be positive or negative, but like zwan said, what we really want is appreciation.

I appreciate your support. x]

Jehosaphaty
Apr 27, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-04-26 16:37, zwandude15 wrote:
Besides, "friendships with others" is just as much crap as well. Sooner or later, you realize that most of the people who said they'd always be there for you, probably won't. Friendships are easily forgotten, and just as easily replaceable.

This is all horribly off topic, but I feel needs to be stated. True friendship, the kind forged over years of ups and downs, isn’t easily forgotten and isn’t easily replaceable. On topic: I'd like to agree with Saiffy.

Scejntjynahl
Apr 29, 2006, 12:55 AM
Kuea... as long as you notice yourself... who gives a flying damn if the rest doesn't? Your exist with or without their notice. And the only expectations you will ever have to worry about... is yours.