PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Thirst for PSU?

Faltz
Apr 25, 2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah sorry for the really bad title.

I just know that this game is really cool, and I
can't wait to play! When you guys talk about, I'm more happy than jealous. Even though I would really, love to play, if all I could do was Create a Character, I would have the time of my life, seeing the video and how I could make my dream pso character(In the EP3 story I'm working on theres the main character, a hunter who is Grade A with a photon lance, I'v been drawing him for about 2 years.) and play as him! I was like WOMG!

Yeah, so I guess you could call this a shout out thread, I also want to hear about you characters...

-Faltz

Lux
Apr 25, 2006, 05:27 PM
Call it "Lust" for PSU, that's more correct.

Sessilu
Apr 25, 2006, 05:41 PM
Lol, me too, me and my friend, are totally crazy about Psu, my friend more because he totally digged Psobb XD
But i want Psu sooooo bad ;_;

And my character, well sorry for the fanboy-ism, but i want a Naruto-ish character, and my friend, when the beta comes, he will have a Sasuke-ish character XD

ulyoth
Apr 25, 2006, 05:47 PM
Brand new areas, planets, monsters...need i say more?

Sessilu
Apr 25, 2006, 05:54 PM
Exactly, new areas, new planets, 3 of' em, new monsters, oh my god it's just too much new content, keeping the old pso feel.
Damn.. i want Psu so bad >.<
I hope they hurry up the EU release or something.

Kayai
Apr 25, 2006, 06:33 PM
I really wanna play this cause all other games out save 1 or 2 are terrible.....It also beats the hell outta FFXI and WoW XD

Sessilu
Apr 25, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-04-25 16:33, Kayai wrote:
I really wanna play this cause all other games out save 1 or 2 are terrible.....It also beats the hell outta FFXI and WoW XD

My thoughts exactly xD
PSU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFXI, WoW

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 06:52 PM
I thirst for bubble tea. I pine for PSU.

On 2006-04-25 15:41, Sessilu wrote:
Lol, me too, me and my friend, are totally crazy about Psu, my friend more because he totally digged Psobb XD
But i want Psu sooooo bad ;_;

And my character, well sorry for the fanboy-ism, but i want a Naruto-ish character, and my friend, when the beta comes, he will have a Sasuke-ish character XD

and sorry for MY fanboyism but I'm either gonna make Ichigo (Bleach), Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) or Chii (Chobits) as one of my characters.

Sessilu
Apr 25, 2006, 06:54 PM
Lol, who could forget Ichigo XD
And Edward Elric O.O..
Lol i forgot those, but making a Naruto-ish one is going to be my attempt!

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 07:09 PM
i doubt i'd be able to make ed. i dont thin kthey have anything close to his hairstyle. chii might be easy to make (ill look around in female cast stuff) my bet is for Ichigo. big ass sword FTW.

_glowstiq_
Apr 25, 2006, 08:13 PM
Anyone else going to try their damnest to make the characters look like the default classes in PSO? Like the HUmar's orange/brown hair stuff? D:

peenk
Apr 25, 2006, 08:31 PM
I dunno, from all the combat vids I've seen the combat looks like it takes a long time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.
Like you just fight and fight and fight the mob. Kinda like when you hit 20 and go to Hard right away w/ you crappy blue weapons and you can hit one out of every 5 shots/hits. I'd much prefer faster kills w/ larger amount of enemies. That way there is also more chance of finding rares.
Thats another thing for SEGA to consider, make finding rares MORE easy and there wont be point in duping/hacking.
Dunno if anyone mentioned this but I hope there are no section IDs, or at least if you make a FO char you have increased FO weapons and etc.
Anyone agrees?

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 08:59 PM
On 2006-04-25 18:13, _glowstiq_ wrote:
Anyone else going to try their damnest to make the characters look like the default classes in PSO? Like the HUmar's orange/brown hair stuff? D:

That's gonna be pretty hard from what I've seen. But we won't kow yet since the character customization in the beta isn't complete.

It would be nice if they had the original costume styles from the old 12 classes in pso as an unlockable.

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-04-25 18:31, peenk wrote:
I dunno, from all the combat vids I've seen the combat looks like it takes a long time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.
Like you just fight and fight and fight the mob. Kinda like when you hit 20 and go to Hard right away w/ you crappy blue weapons and you can hit one out of every 5 shots/hits. I'd much prefer faster kills w/ larger amount of enemies. That way there is also more chance of finding rares.
Thats another thing for SEGA to consider, make finding rares MORE easy and there wont be point in duping/hacking.
Dunno if anyone mentioned this but I hope there are no section IDs, or at least if you make a FO char you have increased FO weapons and etc.
Anyone agrees?

im ok with stronger enemies but maybe there should be a mix...

maybe some of the smaller enemies are weaker but attack in large groups while there are some stronger monsters that travel in small groups or even on their own (they would drop better ietms of course)

this is similar to what it is now... but im thinking a bit more extreme. some really strong monsters and some really weak but annoyingly overpopulated ones.

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 09:08 PM
I think the combat is as much the same as PSO, in terms of repetition and endurance, but without everyone using duped items raising stats to uber levels.

Once that happens, and the communityg et higher levels and such, combat should seem quicker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2006-04-25 19:10 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 25, 2006, 09:41 PM
I think midori mentioned something about an option that prevents rares from dropping in game...but who would use that? More than likely it restricts the usage of rares instead.

voxie
Apr 25, 2006, 09:49 PM
On 2006-04-25 19:41, Jonathan_F wrote:
I think midori mentioned something about an option that prevents rares from dropping in game...but who would use that?

An interesting option.

If you think about it, turn it on and you won't be kept on your toes about enemies and their drops, the enemies' HP, and who's closest to them when they're about to die, or who snatched a rare last time, etc... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 11:08 PM
rares are meant to be found on ones own..... if a rare is dropped while you are in a party then it should be cloned in a photon... cloning device and given to each party member ^_^

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 11:19 PM
It was desicussed before that they should've made the rare drop randomly into a player on the team.

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 11:32 PM
I think all items (or rares only) should be reserved to the one who did the most damage to the enemy that dropped them. this sloves most of the problems except FOs will probly no heal.... but hey, anyone can use resta now right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 11:48 PM
Well, if you are raising a character proficient in magic, then you still might not be doing much damage in the Hardest mode.

Rememeber Ep2ULT? Monsters were like immune to techs.

Kimil
Apr 25, 2006, 11:53 PM
I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it I wants it

There, that Sums up my Thurst for PSU

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 11:53 PM
yeah.... damn that ult.... i didnt like episode 2 levels as much.

vitius137
Apr 26, 2006, 12:03 AM
i have tingly in the pants feelings for psu o_O O_o o_o o_O O_O O_o

kassy
Apr 26, 2006, 01:22 AM
On 2006-04-25 21:32, vitius137 wrote:
I think all items (or rares only) should be reserved to the one who did the most damage to the enemy that dropped them. this sloves most of the problems except FOs will probly no heal.... but hey, anyone can use resta now right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Haha, no offence, but hell no! I'd hate that. What if you have a high level player in your party who outranks and out damages everyone else? he just gets everything? lol

You also mention the point of support, I love playing forces and supporting a team, I'd hate to have to have to see one of the most important classes resorting to all out melee-ing simply for a few items.

I think a good system is World of Warcraft's need/greed roll system, but randomly assigning a rare to a random player imo would work great in PSU.

_Tek_
Apr 26, 2006, 01:25 AM
Its seems nwo most rewards are based on your final quest rank, perhaps that's how people can get rares, from quest.

Kimil
Apr 26, 2006, 01:48 AM
From quests, yes, but what for random leveling runs? Or is that non-existant now?

Mitz
Apr 26, 2006, 01:54 AM

If rares would be so easy to get that people wouldn't doop/hax anymore then they can't be considered rare. Think about it.

You don't have a Sectiod ID. Or at least my Caseal didn't. And, there are no FOs or other classes.