PDA

View Full Version : So How Important Is Meseta This Time Around?

ChronoTrigga
Apr 26, 2006, 01:21 AM
No red boxes so far (they may be locked). So is meseta perhaps going to be the main method of buying/trading?

Kimil
Apr 26, 2006, 01:24 AM
Wouldn't mind that actually; because Money in PSO was worthless; you could just Stack items in the bank to get unlimited mullah -_-

_Tek_
Apr 26, 2006, 01:26 AM
plus its just a beta.

kassy
Apr 26, 2006, 01:29 AM
Hehe, hopefully you can hold more than 999,999 meseta now, that's the main reason meseta was completely worthess in PSO, PDs really saved trading in PSO I think, before PDs came about trading was a nightmare compared to what it's like now in PSO.

Meseta/gold/cash etc. are perfectly fine methods of trading currency for MORPGs, and I'd welcome the introduction of 'meseta trading' in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kassy on 2006-04-25 23:31 ]</font>

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 01:40 AM
I'd love 'Meseta Trading' as long as it doesn't lead to 'Meseta Selling' - Then again, for the most part you would never directly deal with anyone involved in the currency selling business. They could basically play with theirselves and get access to everything on their own. I'd just like to not see it happen is all.

Kimil
Apr 26, 2006, 01:46 AM
Lol, that reminds me, a friend of mine bought WoW money on Ebay =P

oShojino
Apr 26, 2006, 01:48 AM
Like Parn said in the other topic you dont get much meseta after missions, so you wont see people with insane ammounts of meseta.. at least not too quickly. I think it will be more important this time around due to the player made items and shop stuff is more expensive in general.

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 09:11 AM
I imagine that within the first 3 or 4 days my life will be completely ruined due to me not leaving the area of my house.

I'm sure drops probably increase a little as you get higher level. Also, it wouldn't surprise me too much to see people trading for currency. I'm pretty sure I'll sell all my Scape Dolls to someone else at the beginning of the game. Unless we have one person in our group that has a good cahnce of dying.

I'm pretty sure all of my item based rares will go in the same direction.

Ryna
Apr 26, 2006, 09:18 AM
Meseta is rather hard to come by in the beta and most of the items are rather expensive. So, it meseta will be more valuable than before.

therealAERO
Apr 26, 2006, 10:14 AM
There are rare items all over the place. I have like 8, but they have to be synthesized

RFB
Apr 26, 2006, 01:46 PM
You have 8 items, but they have to be synthesized?
Haha, no wonder John's & inazumi's scape dolls didnt work =P.

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 01:56 PM
So even Scape Dolls need to be synthed to work correct? And for that... You need to use the Partner Machinery? That's actually... I dunno. It's kinda strange, but I don't think it's a bad thing. It's basically finding a way to get you to upgrade your partner machinery in the end right? At least, that's what it seems like if that's the case.

And if it is, can you try to synth something with a rare and well... Fail? Completely? And then abuse your Partner Machinery because of it?

So the abuse thing was a joke but you can fail synthesis for a rare item... Even more incentive to level up yoru PM eh?

lokin_modar
Apr 26, 2006, 04:21 PM
I think this whole difficulty thing is very welcome. It reminds me of the golden DC ages when PSO was really difficult. Everything that makes you have the will to throw the joystick on the wall for because of the difficulty is a gift!

Nedeti
Apr 26, 2006, 04:26 PM
took me 2 days of Beta to gather up 14,356 meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif my next saber cost 8600 and my next armor 8000 (>.<) this one is more realistic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 04:30 PM
Then if its gonna go to those lengths with realism, I'd like to see an ingame online lottery, that randomly picks players who register on a machine that should be in your room where you buy a ticket for probably about 50 meseta. Then you pick some numbers and submit your character level and the machine randomly draws some numbers then, BOOM! you log on one day and your a MILLIONAIRE!

Nedeti
Apr 26, 2006, 04:34 PM
lol that would be great... Nedeti need's new shoes.. and white t-shirt

TheStoicOne
Apr 26, 2006, 04:36 PM
See! It's undeniable!!LOL