PDA

View Full Version : Cheating in PSU?

Keiry
Apr 26, 2006, 07:45 AM
How will you guess the hacking / Duping will be in PSU? I'm a bit tired putting a lot of effort getting items while some get them in 1 second without even thinking.. So if it turns out PSU will have a lot of cheating I doubt I will start playing it, what do you think?

Sessilu
Apr 26, 2006, 08:20 AM
If someone hacks Psu, he's gonna get shot personally by me, period XD

Keiry
Apr 26, 2006, 08:21 AM
Well yeah, but you don't have time to shoot 10029898 people do you?

Nedeti
Apr 26, 2006, 08:29 AM
psu is diffrent since you can barely find "weapon" items.. the hacking will be low class

shinobu_seta
Apr 26, 2006, 08:31 AM
Every online game becomes victim of cheating and the like, there's no escaping it. Fortunately for most it's been a lot less than in DC and GC versions of PSO. I think Sega has finally gotten things together cheating wise and will keep it to a minimum.

peenk
Apr 26, 2006, 09:33 AM
I dunno.
IMO the best way to combat duping/hacking is to make 'rares' not as rare as they were in all other versions of PSO.
I played at least 2000 hours of PSO back on DC while having seen and played with every possible character and weapons possible in the first 600+ hours or so. What made me stay after those 600 hours were friends, addictiveness(sp?) to simple mob slaying and just the fact that I am a huge PS series junky. I gotta say that cheating/hacking was/is number ONE reason I left/dont play PSO.
You also wouldnt be afraid of loosing your items if you know you can get them back. Just think of all the 'lost data' back on DC and GC and even XBOX.

Sessilu
Apr 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
Well anyways, what i said was a joke naturally, and i think the psobb system kinda worked with dupes and such, i barely saw any hacking at all XD.

But uh... i don't want my fav game to be hacked <.<

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 12:59 PM
Duping/Hacking is easy to get away from as well. Everyone ends up finding a group of good players within the first month of so. By that time, you have people you can play with if most players cheat. Back on DC and GC I'd simply go to less populated ships and play with friends. I know I shouldn't have had to do that, but I did.

It doesn't seem like it should be too much of a problem in this game. Since as said, everything you get you basically make yourself or upgrade.

Making it easier to find rares as said before would make it not so rare... That's the main problem with that. Yeah, they should be able to increase the drop rates everynow and then like they do with BlueBurst. It also should be better then some other games... Really, the easiest way that I've seen to combat duping is what WoW has. I'm not sure if it's really security itself, but there are alot of decent items that you can just randomly get. The real tough ones take more time, but until then at least you have something that's not total crap.

It's hard to say though. Just like anyone else. I don't want to see cheating. I've gotten to the point where I don't even cheat on GTA games to just randomly slay people anymore. It gets boring fast when you're not putting any work into it.

_glowstiq_
Apr 26, 2006, 01:43 PM
This is how it works. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It will be hacked to hell on this version. They then will release PSU Episode I and II on a few consoles. Then that will be hacked. Then they will release PSU:Red Burst. Red Burst will be good at first, but will ultimately be hacked. That is about five years after PSU's release. Then, after all of this, we will get a few screenshots and videos of PSG (Phantasy Star Galaxy.)

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 01:47 PM
Oh ye of little faith...

If people have nothing but time on their hands they'll find a way to do something that they're not suppossed to. I don't claim to lead an exciting or intersting life. But why buy a game if you don't inted to play it the right way? Do you buy a chess set just to play checkers?

Ok...

That was a bad analogy... But all in all... I don't see the point of cheating. If the game is hard. Quit. Find something else to do and enjoy yourself. If you get that much joy out of trying to ruin someone elses day, then you must have problems in your own personal life.

lokin_modar
Apr 26, 2006, 03:15 PM
PSG. i like the idea, but Universe is bigger then galaxy, so, i think they will put something like "another dimension"... But i heard from a very famous hacker that he will break PSU code since it comes out and if the security were as low as the Old PSO, he will create a private server the same day

Sev
Apr 26, 2006, 03:20 PM
Like I said. He doesn't wanna play the game the right way so he'll do what he can to get around it. Really, it's not that great of a feat no matter how much work it takes, all your doing is altering someones work.

Well, whatever. As long as he creates his own server and stays away from where I am I don't really care much. It's not that hackers are bad people, it's just annoying to watch someone go through measures to make things easier for themselves. I don't really care if they provide other people with help, the easiest way to help someone is to make them do it the right way and by themselves. Even if it is a game, the same applies.

vitius137
Apr 26, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure about hacking.. I'm not very confident in gameguard.
my friend says its hard to get by but after that its smooth sailing and they can't do anyhting to stop you. In a game like PSU though, it would be harder because of something... wasnt really paying attention BUT anyway.

I think PSU will get hacked by the occasional (1 in a million) skilled hackers but hopefully sonic team will stop it.

RoninJoku
Apr 26, 2006, 05:10 PM
Hmmm... Hacked servers... sounds familiar.....

What's funny is the hacked server I have played on actually has less hacking than SEGA's servers... And even less hacking done for the sole purpose of griefing people... You would be surprised how many "legits" treaded to hacked servers to find solace from some of the morons that still lurk on official servers...

qoxolg
Apr 26, 2006, 06:25 PM
PSU will barely have hacks, only the real hackers like broomop and schthack will find a way how to hack, but they won't give away the cheats anymore, just like they do now with PSOBB. They aren't as bad as everyone thinks, they are not even releasing the PSOBB private servers untill the official servers go down. So.. nah.. no real duping and stuff on PSU, only some stupid little crashes.

_Tek_
Apr 26, 2006, 08:56 PM
They enjoy hacking, and they also enjoy PSU just as much. So they put em together. THey've learned form the past that they simply cant share.

But people are still going rage and falsely accuse others of hacking if they have strong characters. This game will have alot of kids. "OMG I KNOW UR HACKING! 200 DAMAGE, WTF!"

But glitches will be found, and anyone will have the ability to perform them, ON PS2 ONLY. The other platforms will be better patched. Well, maybe PS2 will get the dreaded DOUBLE SAVE, MWHAWHAW.

What else...uhhh, if you play legit seriously, play with other legits. Simple. The way the new team system is set up, it seems you can't get your party ruined by someone joining your game with cheated stuff.

But what what's to be done about Action Replay? I know your characters are server side saved, so perhaps they can do checks on people's inventory.

Nedeti
Apr 26, 2006, 09:46 PM
they won't be crashes either.

Action Replay, hope its only Offline affective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nedeti on 2006-04-26 19:48 ]</font>

Sev
Apr 27, 2006, 03:17 AM
Toward the end of PSO DC if you pulled a hacked item out of your inventory online, it'd just boot you. But you don't have access to your character offline at all, so there's not really anything that you can add into it. Basically, things like Action Replay shouldn't work at all. Technically at least.

And I don't think there's gonna be as many people accussing others of hacking. Also, you shouldn't blame it all on kids. I started playing PSO on DC and I was what... 14? I didn't act like a retard then (Not to people I didn't know) so you can't assume that all young players are the same. It's people in general that like to suck at life. And after working with customers for a half of year, I know that it's not restricted to age at all.

Plus I think I'm alot less mature now then when I was younger. Simply because I care alot less about what other people think. Good or bad... Dunno really.

_Tek_
Apr 27, 2006, 03:31 AM
lol yeah and I was like 16 and I was a douche bag.

I still knew everything about the mags.

PhotonCat
Apr 27, 2006, 11:47 AM
psu is diffrent since you can barely find "weapon" items.. the hacking will be low class

If that's the case, expect there to be a lot more dupeing.

PhotonCat
Apr 27, 2006, 11:51 AM
Some of you have high faith in Sega...

I am pretty sure that there will be people hacking/dupeing. It happens in ALL online games.
It is up to Sega whether or not they do something about it. And, in past games, they have done nothing.
A silly little thing like "gameguard" isn't gonna stop expert hackers.

Sev
Apr 27, 2006, 12:23 PM
Some of you have low faith in Sega...

What I'm wondering is why 'Expert Hackers' have nothing better to do. Just doesn't make sense to me no matter how you put it. What's been said before is the simple fact that even with Gameguard PSO: BB is essentially the same game with a little added to it. If you've hacked it once, I don't think it'd be too difficult to hack it again. Since this game doesn't have the same code or whatever, it's a bit different. They have to start from scratch and begin searching through the code right? If that's the case, then it's going to take a completely whole new effort.

On WoW, I saw duping all of 0 times. Maybe botters, but that's it.

Same with FFXI, someone actually figured out the trick and I've never seen it done since. Since that person was banned. Quick. There are botters, but you have to catch them in the act of botting. People won't bot 24/7, so sometimes you can't tell. Although... They seem to get fish botters often, it's just the fact that people create more and keep doing it.

I don't understand code... I don't understand hacking. And I certainly don't understand hacking code. Whatever Gameguard is using, Sega seems to think it's enough. I've also seen it on other games and there wasn't duping there. Botting, yes, duping, no. Hacks make there way to all games, and they can't always be completely shut out. That's why there's players, they report things, and Sega goes and does something about it. The problem is most people won't say anything, because it's not to their personal benefit. If everyone does their part, us and Sega, the problems will be minimal.

Oh, and there's not much that should keep 'Expert Hackers' out. Gameguard or not.

physic
Apr 27, 2006, 12:35 PM
uh actually duping isnt in many games besides pso, its actually been a gaming development flaw or bug, it wasnt even "hacking" so yeah that was totally STs fault really. Many games have some type of cheating turn up, RO people got GM infos, FFXI people used bots and third party programs, people make private servers, but i have yet to play an online game that was as totally owned by so many forms of cheating as pso. Basically people are just hoping they do better this time, and really they have no reason not to. Its much later, and more companies have enteed teh foray without huge problems. However, just cause others can doesnt mean ST will, at this point all you can do is hope

_Tek_
Apr 27, 2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah people need to learn the difference between glitches and actual code tampering.

Sev
Apr 27, 2006, 12:49 PM
Duping in PSO DC was done with Codebreaker.

Duping in PSO GC was done through the shop glitch... Thing... Dunno if you could do anything with Action Replay or not there.

On PSO X it was done only with a Modded Xbox right?

Shop Duping was definately ST's fault. The others don't really seem like it though. It's rather there fault that they didn't stop it. It's everyones job to keep it out of the communitty. It's hard for me to say though, I didn't look too much into hacking or how it was done. I just stayed away from it because that was alot easier on me.

Sessilu
Apr 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
On 2006-04-27 10:23, Sev wrote:
Some of you have low faith in Sega...

What I'm wondering is why 'Expert Hackers' have nothing better to do. Just doesn't make sense to me no matter how you put it. What's been said before is the simple fact that even with Gameguard PSO: BB is essentially the same game with a little added to it. If you've hacked it once, I don't think it'd be too difficult to hack it again. Since this game doesn't have the same code or whatever, it's a bit different. They have to start from scratch and begin searching through the code right? If that's the case, then it's going to take a completely whole new effort.

On WoW, I saw duping all of 0 times. Maybe botters, but that's it.

Same with FFXI, someone actually figured out the trick and I've never seen it done since. Since that person was banned. Quick. There are botters, but you have to catch them in the act of botting. People won't bot 24/7, so sometimes you can't tell. Although... They seem to get fish botters often, it's just the fact that people create more and keep doing it.

I don't understand code... I don't understand hacking. And I certainly don't understand hacking code. Whatever Gameguard is using, Sega seems to think it's enough. I've also seen it on other games and there wasn't duping there. Botting, yes, duping, no. Hacks make there way to all games, and they can't always be completely shut out. That's why there's players, they report things, and Sega goes and does something about it. The problem is most people won't say anything, because it's not to their personal benefit. If everyone does their part, us and Sega, the problems will be minimal.

Oh, and there's not much that should keep 'Expert Hackers' out. Gameguard or not.

Wow... i'm totally with you, 100% XD
Nice argument ^-^.

physic
Apr 27, 2006, 01:26 PM
in pso dc their was two methods of duping one involving code breaker and one not, there was duping before codebreaker, codebreaker brought the other stuff with it as well, like reseting inventory pvp killing color text changes blah blah as well as making duping less of a secret. i dont know about xbox. Basically though duping has mostly been done with use of bugs.
In any event, duping is not something that is common in many other online games, it is not a forgone conclusion that duping will occur in an online game. And it really is up to the makers not teh community to stop it, you have no tools to stop dupers other than reporting them, in pso youd be reporting 85% of the people, who needs to report people when they are walking around lobbies with rainbow names. No, it is up to ST to maintain their games and respond to problems, the only thing the community can do is report people which has never been the problem. Im sure most companies get more reports than they can handle rather than teh other way around

drmcst45
Apr 27, 2006, 01:34 PM
they'll find a way to hack. PC/PS2 servers will get hit because obviously someone will have a hacking program on the PC that'll execute some sort of glitch within the game.

Datel released some thingy for the xbox360 to allow it to connect to a PC where im sure someone will have a hacking program and they'll mess around with the values within the game. maybe internet related or maybe just game related.

Sev
Apr 27, 2006, 02:30 PM
I'm not doubting that it's makers ability but it's always partly the players responsibility. Duping got big fast. People were telling others how to do it, and people were getting items for free. How many people do you think actually said something at first? I know people that were getting items left and right, do you think they said from who?

Shop duping was pretty much something that people let go. There was probably really now way to fix the problem anyway. It's the companies job to take reports, and to fix the problems that arise. And it's the consumers responsibillity to say something. No matter how you cut it, that's something that we have to do. As long as people are doing it, things should get changed. I'm not gonna deny that they didn't do anything about it when it came about. But if it was in the games code, what were they supposed to do? Write better code right?

New game... Better code? Is it farfetched or something?

physic
Apr 27, 2006, 03:17 PM
its obvious that some guy may perform something considered hacking, but it doesnt have to be like pso. Wow, ffxi, guild wars, these are not exploit free, but they are no where near the level of effed up that pso was. Its a matter of degrees, and how much it will be screwed up, and ultimately it will be how ST responds to the hacks that will determine how hacked teh game will be.

Sev
Apr 27, 2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I know. I just have faith that... Well... It'll be better this time around.

That's really all that I can do. People say things'll happen again, I say they won't. Just how things go. It's gonna be alotta redundancy up until the release of the game when we'll have better things to do then to talk about it constantly.