PDA

View Full Version : I just wanna get on thing straight...

DizzyDi
Apr 26, 2006, 09:37 AM
So...Theres no free-runs through dungeons anymore? You absolutely have to be on a mission in order to run through a dungeon?

Axios-
Apr 26, 2006, 09:39 AM
From what I can gather, yes you have to be on a mission. However, it seems like that mission can be no different from what you know as a regular run in that you may just warp down, kill mobs, kill a boss, and be done. So it shouldn't be much of a problem for anyone.

Is this right, someone?

mechatra
Apr 26, 2006, 09:47 AM
Well yeah, there's no free runs anymore.
But you need to take the phrase "mission" with a grain of salt really. Theres no time limits on some of them. you're just ranked at the end of areas.

Maridia
Apr 26, 2006, 09:55 AM
And as far as I've heard, there's no penalty for not completeing the mission, so you can just redo them as many times as you want to, and if you want to quit partway through, you can. Am I right?

Nedeti
Apr 26, 2006, 10:10 AM
yes

vitius137
Apr 26, 2006, 04:51 PM
just hope people dont randomly leave. i had that problem a lot in guild wars.....

RFB
Apr 26, 2006, 05:08 PM
This -ISNT- Guild Wars. Even if you end up alone, you can still, slowly, go on. Time does NOT affect your rank. And people can join during the mission, no problem, even if you're finishing it already.

Forget about the term "mission". The game is like this: imagine the worlds are all a GIGANTIC PioneerII. But this time, it isnt just your team on it. You have shops, you can go to the bank in your room, and you can choose what area to go down to, except that you need to go to the right planet depending on the area. And when you've killed the area boss, or reached the end, you receive some extra money and some Hunter/Ranger/Force experience.

Yes it's a mission, it has goals, and all of that, but seriously, it's just a free run with a reward upon completion. End. People can leave and people can join. You can clear a room and stay around it for 30 mins if you feel like it, just chatting or taking screenshots. It doesnt matter.