PDA

View Full Version : About Sig Removal...

Deathscythealpha
Oct 10, 2002, 10:16 AM
Im not really bitching about this, just wanting to ask something.

I had a sig removed last night cause it was to big. But i dont know in which way it was to big. I checked the size, it was 180 by 400 (or whichever way round that goes, i nkow it didnt look big).

I was just wanting to ask if when a mod removes someones sig, they can tell them how its to big or whatever, not just say its way to big. Some people may not be totally up on setting up sigs and whatnot (i was relying on Gypsy to help me out) so they do need a few pointers.

Not bitching, just enquiring.

Thank you.

rbf2000
Oct 10, 2002, 11:34 AM
The file was too big. It was 73286 bytes. The maximum is 35000 bytes. So it was actually twice as big as is allowed.

Davion
Oct 10, 2002, 01:41 PM
You can change the type of file it is from Jpeg to Bitmap (or Bitmap to Jpeg it depends on what it is).

ABDUR101
Oct 10, 2002, 01:50 PM
Make sure you compress your images. If they are within the 600x180 dimension limit but their file size is still over 35000bytes, compress it until it fits.

I doubt MS Paint lets you do this, so you'll have to find a program that does(or a friend that can do it for you).

Deathscythealpha
Oct 10, 2002, 03:27 PM
Ahh, big in that sense. I must of sent Gypsy the wrong one. Thanks for telling me, ill try and sort it out later in PSP.

I can understand its removal now knowing it was like that, just wanted to know what was wrong with it. Thanks.