PDA

View Full Version : Questions, lots of questions!

Violation
Apr 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
First Of all

1.) Is it possible to buy the Us version when it comes out and then play with people who buy it in the Uk later?

2.) Will it be possible to move from server to server whenever possible. I mean, this is IF servers will be joint...

3.) Do you think we will be able to move characters around servers?

4.) Are there a lot of servers?

5.) The saber and pistol combo...If you are in HUN mode is the sword better, and if you are in RAN mode is the gun better? I mean, can rangers even use sabers? I have seen a partisan :/

6.) Are items that restore pp expensive. I beleive PP runs out to quick

7.) What levels do you learn special moves?

8.) Do you learn special abilities if you foccus on a weapon or do you learn (for example) special moves for all (lets say hunter) weapons at certain levels?

9.) Can you use vehicles in Mp? If so what are they? (maybe some are Sp specific) I want that speeder bike!

10.) When you buy new clothes, do they go to your appartment or does it replace your current set?

11.) Do you beleive head gear will be released, and is it true that the customization in the beta isn't even half of what you can do

12.) Why do the graphics look so terrible in every PC shot I have seen so far? Is it your computers, the beta, or will it always be like that. I have an amazing comp and want to maximise it's potential. I'm only worried because I read the unofficial specs somewhere and they were very low. I hope the graphics will be at least as good as the trailer vids for the PC

13.) Does it take a long time to level up PETS?

14.)Is your pet always the same when it starts of? the red+white combo?

15.) Do you choose whether your PET is male or female?

16.) When the PET eventually evolves to the point where it can come out with you, can you choose it's weapons?

I know it's a lot of questions but anything would help!

DarK-SuN
Apr 26, 2006, 09:55 PM
1: No idea, let's hope so.

2: If they are joint, then most likely yes, the way it was possible in PSO; God only knows though.

3: Likely, yes.

4: Six in this beta, more for sure in the final.

5: Rangers can use sabers, the rest is evident.

6: Not too expensive, you might not need them for a while.

7: You can purchase them from a store, if I'm not mistaken.

8: You level them up through use; you can swap special arts between weapons, granted special arts are weapon type specific (you can't swap a Saber special art for a Sword special art).

9: Vehicles are still not available in this beta.

10: Haven't tried, but as far as I know it goes to your room.

11: The beta's customization is pretty much that in terms of physical editing, but the clothing options are indeed reduced; you "increase" it by purchasing new clothings and armor platings at the stores.

12: Terrible you say? o_O
I guess it depends on what you consider good graphics or bad graphics.
The graphics are better than the trailer vids, the shots already show it. o_O

13: Considerably

14: Your starting PM is always like that, but you can purchase more.

15: Unsure of that.

16: No idea, no one went that far yet.

Violation
Apr 26, 2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks! But no.14 and no.12

12.Where are these good shots? I have only seen really grainy looking ones. None like the ps2 trailer.

14. You can buy more?! are there lots of different ones? when you evolve them do they look completely different? What I mean is (for example, I know its way more then 10)

you feed 10 power items to the original pet and advances to next evolution
you feed 10 power items to a new pet you bought and it evolves to next evolution

will it look like a power pet, looking exactly the same, or do each pets have different evolutions

also, is there no way you can take it around with you without it being fully evolved?

Thanks

DarK-SuN
Apr 26, 2006, 10:09 PM
12: You can see the shots in the screenshot thread.

14: I don't think anyone tried to evolve PMs a lot yet.

You can't take your PM with you till it's fully evolved into its humanoid form.

Dre_o
Apr 26, 2006, 10:09 PM
12) I'm assuming that is just poor video capture software. (In some cases)

14) I believe he meant skins.

DarK-SuN
Apr 26, 2006, 10:10 PM
14: I meant new PMs, the PM store has others with different "faces".

OdinTyler
Apr 27, 2006, 12:05 AM
DarkSun: You're saying you can buy more than 1 PM? I know you can only use 1 at a time, but, you saw an option to buy additional ones?

EspioKaos
Apr 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
Yup. There's a shop called Ma-Gems which sells Parter Machinery.

OdinTyler
Apr 27, 2006, 12:25 AM
OK so is this where I say "I told you so!" to all the ppl that believed that you'd only get ONE PM when I knew otherwise way way long ago? LOL

EspioKaos
Apr 27, 2006, 12:51 AM
Crap, sorry. I was jumping to conclusions. From a translation I just finished, I realized that Ma-Gems doesn't sell PMs, but rather synth boards and synth items for your PM. Still, I'm sure it's possible to raise more than on PM.

Sha_Hua
Apr 27, 2006, 07:39 AM
12.) Why do the graphics look so terrible in every PC shot I have seen so far? Is it your computers, the beta, or will it always be like that. I have an amazing comp and want to maximise it's potential. I'm only worried because I read the unofficial specs somewhere and they were very low. I hope the graphics will be at least as good as the trailer vids for the PC

I am expecting the game will have slichtly better graphics on realease. At the moment the graphics are a bit grainy. ST must have a reason for the graphics used. We have to greatfull they didn't set the beta-game to 640*480 at 256 colors. Next to that who isn't buying a 23 inch monitor or HD-TV to play this game on. With the high resolutions we have today we shouldn't care about aliasing issues.

14.)Is your pet always the same when it starts of? the red+white combo?

With your initial one I am guessing yes.
I am guessing additional PM's will be lootable of one of the bosses like in PSO. There might be a chance there colors will vary. The evolutions I've seen are the same colors as the start PM. And it seems they use a bi-color color palette. This would mean an other palette could easely be applied. But don't get your hopes up, I am just guessing and if they will drop you will have a hard time finding one to match your clothes.

OdinTyler
Apr 27, 2006, 03:43 PM
Doh! Dammit, Espio. Don't lead me on like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So you can buy synth items & find them (according to beta testers). Do you happen to know what the synth items do or what they may produce when used with your PM?

Kano-Okami
Apr 27, 2006, 04:51 PM
Mmm, crow..
But my guess is, there are different items you can buy for your PM, to essentially 'pimp yo PM'.
I'd love to see that become a mini series in PSMonthly. xD

Sha_Hua
Apr 28, 2006, 06:23 AM
14) just seen a blue one o.O. I wonder where he got it and which other colors are available.
Red white looks better though.