PDA

View Full Version : Beta testers how are the clothes??

YOnyx360
Apr 27, 2006, 11:28 AM
Beta testers what are the most expensive clothes you have ever bought and how many stars are they??

This is just a non-beta tester wondering

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: YOnyx360 on 2006-04-27 09:29 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 11:50 AM
I've heard clothes range from 8k to 40k...

And I don't think anyone really has bought themselves a ton of new duds... Because that is very expensive by PSU standards... No clue about stars...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-27 09:50 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Apr 27, 2006, 01:29 PM
Do you atleast get to try them on?
If so, could you get a couple of screens of the wardrobes?
I'm sorry if this has been asked before..
(I'm sure it has, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

Ryna
Apr 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
The clothes you can buy from the shop seem nice. You can preview what your character will look like with the new apparel. Whether you will like the new clothes is purely an aethestic decision.

As for buying clothing, that is a secondary concern for me right now. Earning 40,000 meseta for a shirt would take an entire week of beta-playing time. I would rather spend the meseta trying out new weapons and photon arts.

Goken
Apr 27, 2006, 03:05 PM
I didn't actually buy any of those.. as mentioned they're ridiculously priced, I didn't try out the preview thing though.. maybe I should go back there.

chibiLegolas
Apr 27, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-04-27 11:29, Kano-Okami wrote:
Do you atleast get to try them on?
If so, could you get a couple of screens of the wardrobes?
I'm sorry if this has been asked before..
(I'm sure it has, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

Oh yes! I second that opinion.
Can anyone please take more upclose shots of the new outfits (backs and fronts)?
I'd rather start drawing and sculpting figures for PSU now when I have the time to do so. I'd imagine I'd rather play the game than worry about finishing my figure when the game comes out.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhotonCat
Apr 27, 2006, 04:02 PM
I really hope at release they either tone down the price for the clothes or make mesta drop more frequently.

40K for clothes is ridiculous. I don't want to have to grind out for meseta for hours/days to buy something just for looks.(If it had some nice stats I could understand)

Oh and something I was wondering. Are the clothes universal? Meaning can players cross-dress? (I hope so, I hate it when you are limited on what you can wear just because of gender)

Kano-Okami
Apr 27, 2006, 04:04 PM
Random question.
Do the androids get new 'clothes' aswell? new armor variations perhaps?
If someone with a cast could check up on that, it'd be greatly appreciated.

(I wonder if they'll have comedy clothes later on,
go go tu-tu robot!)

Maridia
Apr 27, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-04-27 14:02, PhotonCat wrote:
I really hope at release they either tone down the price for the clothes or make mesta drop more frequently.

40K for clothes is ridiculous. I don't want to have to grind out for meseta for hours/days to buy something just for looks.(If it had some nice stats I could understand)

Oh and something I was wondering. Are the clothes universal? Meaning can players cross-dress? (I hope so, I hate it when you are limited on what you can wear just because of gender)

I'd just be happy if my other characters of the same gender could also access the clothes. It's a shared room and bank, so why not? Hopefully they'll make clothes a little more reasonably priced.

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 05:14 PM
The last outfits you should be able to unlock should be the old PSO outfits! XD

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 27, 2006, 05:16 PM
^ ^ ^agreed
One basic frame for each old pso outfit, and several color varients on each one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Non-Toxic-Crayons on 2006-04-27 15:17 ]</font>

Spacepest
Apr 27, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'm wondering if the meseta drops will be easier to get as you progress in levels, similar to PSO, where you would get increasingly more meseta from missions, enemies, selling junk weapons to the item vendors, etc., and eventually you would have ended up with a huge stockpile of money in your bank.

If this is the case, sometime in the future, maybe 40K wouldn't be that bad of a price. I remember in PSO it would cost something like 100K to change your character's costume and hair style...by the time you had hit level 80ish, you could easily make 100K a day just doing the various quests and missions offered by the hunter's guild.

So who knows? 40K may or may not be a high price for a clothing item. We'll have to see more of the game to know for sure.

Ryna
Apr 27, 2006, 05:30 PM
I'll try to answer a few questions:

-You can outfit your cast with new parts.

-For the most part, clothing seems to be transferable between all non-cast classes of the same gender.

-You have to pay 40,000 for the elaborate shirts. Basic shoes start off at 2500 meseta.

-Earning money becomes easier as you level-up. 40,000 meseta still represnts a lot of work for the beta though.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 27, 2006, 05:34 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif i do argree. and the old pso outfits shoul be the last ones you unlock.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 27, 2006, 05:36 PM
I have a question.... or two... or three...

1.)When you make a character, and you choose your outfit.... Is that the only outfit you own? Or do you own all the starting outfits by default?

2.)When you buy a new shirt... does it come with all the different color variations? Or do you have to buy each shirt separately?

3.)Is there a way to unlock more hairstyles?

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 05:40 PM
Yea, The huge mall on Guardians Colony should have a SuperCuts! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ryna
Apr 27, 2006, 05:40 PM
On 2006-04-27 15:36, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
I have a question.... or two... or three...

1.)When you make a character, and you choose your outfit.... Is that the only outfit you own? Or do you own all the starting outfits by default?

2.)When you buy a new shirt... does it come with all the different color variations? Or do you have to buy each shirt separately?

3.)Is there a way to unlock more hairstyles?

1. You only start with the clothes you selected during the character creation process.

2. I don't know. I would think that you only have access to the one color variation.

3. Not that I've seen.

Maridia
Apr 27, 2006, 05:45 PM
I hope there are more hairstyles. Since you only get those few for ALL RACES, I'd like a little more diversity there. The hairstyles are going to be the most overused part of PSU's character customization then. It's tough to be original when you only have those ones for all your chars.

Ryna
Apr 27, 2006, 06:12 PM
There will likely be more hair-styles available when the retail version is released.

Nuclearranger
Apr 27, 2006, 09:42 PM
yes because 10 or so is nothing

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 10:13 PM
That and screenshots released before the beta of character creation said that there were more choices than currently available...

DamonKatu
Apr 27, 2006, 10:15 PM
Yea, I agree. Im glad they kept the spike but I dont think the super do will ever return agean. (from my point of view sence I havnt seen it from the tailers)

Axios-
Apr 27, 2006, 10:19 PM
Yes, there's no need to worry about the selection. I'm almost certain that it is being extremely limited for the beta.

Look at this from long, long ago:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/character_creation/newman_char_slide.gif

Unless I'm mistaken, that's 56 hair choices, right? I'd say that's plenty. Hell, I could settle for half that.

I really hope I'm not mistaken. >_>

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 10:28 PM
Wow! The number was even higher than I had remembered http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I certainly hope that wasn't just ST being overly ambitious with a working goal...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-27 20:29 ]</font>

Axios-
Apr 27, 2006, 10:47 PM
Yes, that's always possible, but there's no way they'd say, "Let's go for 56!" and then go with "Yeah, 10's good too."

That's just not happening.

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 11:30 PM
Also... 56 seems to be a rather odd working number... But if they DO have 56 hairstyles... Well... I will need a towel...