PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testers: what about feedback?

Saffran
Apr 27, 2006, 06:34 PM
It just dawned on me that ppl here are doing a lot of tourism but I haven't heard about ppl actually filing reports and such. And I'm quite sure ST wants ppl to tell what is good and what isn't.
If you are a beta tester and actually want to say something to Sonic Team, write it here and I'll see what I can do about it.

SgtSassafras
Apr 27, 2006, 06:54 PM
The only reason Sega is having a beta test for the game was because they were having a lot of trouble getting the servers stable in their internal testing. This is also why the release date was pushed back. I doubt any features will be getting reviewed and changed.

Ryna
Apr 27, 2006, 07:26 PM
If possible, I'd like to have the following translated:
"I have encountered no bugs so far. You have done an excellent job of working on this game."

EspioKaos
Apr 27, 2006, 07:26 PM
On 2006-04-27 16:54, SgtSassafras wrote:
The only reason Sega is having a beta test for the game was because they were having a lot of trouble getting the servers stable in their internal testing. This is also why the release date was pushed back. I doubt any features will be getting reviewed and changed.

That was the main reson behind the delay as well as a major purpose of the beta. However, as with any beta, another large purpose behind it is to hopefully discover any glaring problems with the game like exploits and glitches and have them fixed before the final release of the game.

kyori
Apr 27, 2006, 08:19 PM
I've been waiting on my friend to help me write a statement, but if you're willing to lend a helping hand that would be great too. This is all meant for the user's voice right? Or also on the BBS?

edit: BTW, did I play with you back during PSODC? Your name and location looks familar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-04-27 18:23 ]</font>

patient
Apr 27, 2006, 09:45 PM
On 2006-04-27 17:26, Ryna wrote:
If possible, I'd like to have the following translated:
"I have encountered no bugs so far. You have done an excellent job of working on this game."

「今のところ問題は*りません。素晴らしいゲームです。この先も楽しみにしております。」

Note: Encoding is weird. Switch to [Japanese-Auto-Select].

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patient on 2006-04-27 21:42 ]</font>

Parn
Apr 27, 2006, 09:56 PM
I'd like to second Ryna's statement. I am utterly in love with this game. They've thrown out the broken mechanics of PSO, incorporated many elements from other online games, and put it all together for one fantastic package. Retail release can't come soon enough.

Honestly, I have yet to find a bug. There hasn't been anything TO report.

AzureBlaze
Apr 27, 2006, 11:01 PM
Is it only bugs they're after?
Or is there any chance that they'd tweak some cosmetic problem as well/if it's worth mentioning? I hope it can't only be stuff like "If you walk past this cube thing and get too close to the wall you'll get lodged in the floor" or something glitchy like that.

I realize it's somewhat "late in the game" but I'd really wanted to nag them about similar bodytypes as everyone realized from my other thread with the slider all over the place yet the dudes on screen looking quite the same. A lotta people agreed so it'd kind of be 'voice of many who want but can't acheive char-type X'

I hope it's valid enough to warrant,

OdinTyler
Apr 27, 2006, 11:03 PM
What about the 'floating eyes' or outlines around the eyes that has been referred to in character creation? Shouldn't that part be looked at if there's a way to fix any type of abberation?

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 11:28 PM
Well, it wouldn't really hurt to try to push for those cosmetic changes would it? I would assume they would care to know about it if someone had a problem (of any kind) with thier game... But then again... maybe not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

AzureBlaze
Apr 27, 2006, 11:45 PM
I will sertainly give a push a try then. This weekend, I'm going to try and actually PLAY the game and see if my PC catch fire or not. My purpose will be to browse a shop as an android and also see what it's really like. It can't hurt, and I know that they want feedback from ALL beta users, and of course Saffrans' generous offer must not go passed up. I'll be putting together something over the weekend with my next experiences on hand, as well as my previous 2 mega-post/article things from on here.

*OdinTyler
I neglect the eye-glitch mentioning because I believe I'm running psu on a system that shouldn't. It's from like 2003, and probably a bit overpowered by the game. (My shots all display the eyeglitch, if you need more then mention, btw) So technically I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be, in running the game, so no wonder it's acting up crazy on me. I'm sure if you buy the right items for your PC that it'll run fine, but I've no intention of running it on pc and havn't got a 'game type' machine. (I like bigscreen tvs, woooo!)

I guess I didn't rank it as that important that they know, because I'm doing something wrong to make it occur and it's my machines' fault and not theirs. What does everyone else think?

kyori
Apr 28, 2006, 12:19 AM
Okay heres what I want to say.. something along these lines:

maybe have the statement say that the game is great
i love it a lot.
there hasnt been any issues thus far in my experience
i would definitely buy it when it hits retail.
i will continue my efforts to help find bugs and thank you
add in that they should add more options in for locating people

Saffran
Apr 28, 2006, 03:19 AM
General note: It's the kind of thing that they want to hear on the BBS, but as I have no access to them, I can't say for sure what has been said and what hasn't.

kyori:
開*班の方たちへ
そこそこ(w)やってましたが問題・バグなどは見当た らなかった。
まだまだ探す気満々ですけどw
追加機矧望というか、*んな広いところなら特定な人を探すのも大 変です。
*る程度メールとかでなんとかなるけど、マップ上でギルカなどで探 索した人が赤い点になるとか、矢印に名前が付*とか、 こんな機狽ェ*ったらいいなぁと思っていたり。ま、別 ノな*てもゲームに慣れればすむ問題ですから。。。
*if there already is a thread for "new functions" just copy paste the 3 last lines in that thread

As far as I am concerned, I would report for example that the characters move too slowly in the city. I watched that video and the guy is like blllllaaaaazzzzzzziiinnnnnnggggg thththththththrrrrrouuuuugggghhhh ththththeeeee sssstttrrreeetttss.... It may have been only in his setup though.
Also, the speech bubble has like 20 signs? Even in japanese, there's not much you can say within 20 signs. Sure, if they expect 1000 people in town, that's going to be some server stress...

RFB
Apr 28, 2006, 03:35 AM
I'm with Parn and Ryna. No bugs so far. The game is gawddamn smooth. I feel bad, for having nothing to report, but there's no bugs to report!

On 2006-04-28 01:19, Saffran wrote:

As far as I am concerned, I would report for example that the characters move too slowly in the city. I watched that video and the guy is like blllllaaaaazzzzzzziiinnnnnnggggg thththththththrrrrrouuuuugggghhhh ththththeeeee sssstttrrreeetttss.... It may have been only in his setup though.

Yesterday I installed the game in a friends house, and let a friend of mine play a little bit, and the same happened to him. We tweaked the options a little bit, and the problem dissappeared, so its not a game issue, but him adding way too many effects and whatnots to the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2006-04-28 01:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2006-04-28 01:39 ]</font>