PDA

View Full Version : Partner Machinery

linkzone
Apr 27, 2006, 09:06 PM
ok, got a question but i cant find an answer. can you use partner machinery online? or is it only an offline thing to compensate for the lack of offline multiplayer? please help.

_Tek_
Apr 27, 2006, 09:36 PM
Partner machinery is similar to the mags of pso. They don't boost stats like megs, but I hear you feed em items, and they can synthesize items.

Also you can level it up so that its like an actual playable team-mate in battle

Nuke
Apr 27, 2006, 11:23 PM
It IS used online

linkzone
Apr 27, 2006, 11:31 PM
thank you, cause in PSO i loved my mag, now i hear they turn into humanoids that can fight with you and make items.

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 11:45 PM
My PM is going to be my bestest buddy! And will be with me all the time since I have no friends! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif And I will cuddle him and squeeze him and love him and name him R-Kun (after my old PSO Robomar that I can't seem to make anymore)

OdinTyler
Apr 28, 2006, 12:30 AM
"Easy, Lenny..."
-- Chandler to Joey, Friends
Of Mice & Men reference

voxie
Apr 28, 2006, 12:34 AM
PSO/PSU without mags/PMs... wouldn't be PSO/PSU at all!

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 09:08 AM
for those whos only friends will be their PM, give a shout! pazzah!

Ryna
Apr 28, 2006, 09:13 AM
From what I've seen, your PM can do the following:
1. Act as a bank.
2. Synthesize Items
3. Fight along-side you in battle (if you level it up)

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 09:30 AM
sweet, can you pick your PM's weapons? And yes I can see it spelled pms, but you know what I meant. As I was saying. Also are there differnt types of PMs? Like big, small, male, female, smart, powerful, etc? My PM is going to be my bestfriend. Unless any of you want to me my friend, lol.

Ryna
Apr 28, 2006, 09:41 AM
I don't know yet if you can pick different weapons or if the evolution path is set. We'll just have to see.

RoninJoku
Apr 28, 2006, 09:45 AM
Yea, it would suck if you dubbed your PM to be a male, and you shared all your guy secrets with it... but then it evolved and it was actually a girl the whole time! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Then she calls her friends and gossips about all your very private info...

Nisshoku
Apr 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
...or finding your female PM in your friend's room. WITH your friend.

And this is when you start to lock your rooms. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
ha ha, personally id rather have a female PM, use her to spy on the female humans, lol. Its like reading one of them female magazines, spying on the enemy. lol.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 10:13 AM
i tell you what if my PM was in some one elses room without permission, well a spaking wouldnt work, but id still beat some ass with a belt dag nabut.

Ancient
Apr 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'm curious as if you can find MORE PM's along the way, or if you are only stuck with one. I really enjoyed growing different mags, and raising a certain kind, along with optional stats was a test of patience and and knowhow. Eventually a properly raised mag became one of the hottest items to trade, since most people don't like to take the time to do it right. I hope PSU allows for raising my own PM farm like PSO did.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
ditto, i used to be a mag farmer, i never got to play online but alot of people owned the game where i lived and we'd all meet up and play, i sold mags, but i kept my first baby girl, she was my one and only love on PSO.

Sev
Apr 28, 2006, 11:55 AM
This is a damn entertaining thread. I never had much luck with mags though (54 Kabanda's on PSO DC) so I like the idea of one PM. I guess we'd have to see though, nothings been said about it happening, but there hasn't been anything said about it being impossible. In essence though, I don't think your PM is really treated as an item ya know? So how would you go about obtaining a new one? PM shop? That'd be neat.

It'd be pretty interesting to pick your PM's equipment, customize it's look and things as such.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 12:15 PM
Maybe you could even buy new things for your PM to wear or equip other than weapons. choose its color, and things like that, god that would kick a midget in the nuts.

Mitz
Apr 28, 2006, 12:18 PM
On 2006-04-28 07:54, -Nisshoku- wrote:
...or finding your female PM in your friend's room. WITH your friend.

And this is when you start to lock your rooms. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HAHAHAHA, I roflmao'd.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 12:39 PM
ohhh, my PM would be grounded for a month for being a bad PM.

bstm300
Apr 28, 2006, 02:13 PM
To solve the problems of hacked mag trades they could make the pm's non-tradable but you are still able to purchase new ones from your individual room or at the market. Once you purchase one your old one is stored away in your room but you can still alternate between the pm's of your choice.

Sinue_v2
Apr 28, 2006, 06:04 PM
I wonder if they'll have rare "Plug" PM's like they had for Mags on PSO. Remember Pian, Opa-Opa, and the System Mags? It'd be awesome to see some of the old mags return as well, like Sato, - and since PM's can now do battle with you - hopefully they'll have some "Plug" PM's for the older PS games. I'd love a little Hapsby PM following me around... or even better...

http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/ps3_images/mieu.jpg
Mini-Meiu!

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:25 PM
Pazzah!

Lord_DS
Apr 29, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-04-28 07:13, Ryna wrote:
From what I've seen, your PM can do the following:
1. Act as a bank.The PM is YOUR bank or is it just an extra function that it can do?
I know there is a bank to share items in your room but what about the classic bank? The bank where you stock all your items is your PM?

Ryna
Apr 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
The classic bank no longer exists. It has been replaced by two banks, your Partner Machinery and the Shared bank. The Shared Bank is to be used for swapping items between characters on an account. It has limited space. The Partner Machinery bank is used for storing a single character's items.

TheStoicOne
Apr 29, 2006, 02:28 PM
Yes!! No more running all the way back to Pioneer to get stuff!!Oh ! and I'm liking the idea that you can swap items without having to trust someone to hold a room for you, though I never had a problem w/ that, I think its a great idea.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
i hope the pm will be very customizable. if i can ill make a pm that will wield two sabers and another with a mechgun and a handgun. what would really be awesome is if you could have 2 pms battle with you. i mean think about it if there were a full party of 6 and everyone had 2 pms that would be 18 fighters !!! PWNZ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Axios-
Apr 29, 2006, 02:51 PM
Well, I think that a PM will only act as a member of the party as to not exceed the maximum of 6 people, and I think that you can only use one at a time. Never hurts to dream though.

vitius137
Apr 29, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-04-29 12:51, Axios- wrote:
Well, I think that a PM will only act as a member of the party as to not exceed the maximum of 6 people, and I think that you can only use one at a time. Never hurts to dream though.

haven't you ever seen nightmare on elm street!!??!? dreaming can kill!

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
my PM will be my best pal. heck yeah.

Deaf360
Apr 30, 2006, 06:34 PM
lol linkzone...i would like to have PM to cozy me..b/c if i buy psu for 360 i ma gonna need it lol! b/c i dont think alot ppl will be online on 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

linkzone
Apr 30, 2006, 09:13 PM
its too expencive for my blood. ill do just fine on the PS2.

REJ-
Apr 30, 2006, 10:35 PM
I'll be online on 360.

Also, if you bring your PM into battle and it dies, what happens?

OdinTyler
May 1, 2006, 12:22 AM
So a PM CAN hold items aside from equipped weapons (as shown in pics)? SWEET! Glad they put that in. The shared bank I figured would be small, but, it helps that all 4 of your char slots can use it. No bank in your room tho? That's too bad. Would anyone happen to know how many slots each of the 2 banks have?

I also have a question about PM & current class. Does your class that you choose affect the growth of your PM? Does the PM affect your class in any way?

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 03:09 AM
id be sad if my PM died. i dont know what id do. id probably just get another PM but there would be a ten minute period where i would be inconsolable.

Deaf360
May 1, 2006, 05:03 AM
yea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif...ooo yay more ppl is gonna play 360 but it gonna take time right?..

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 05:21 AM
Lol, i'm gonna name my PM...George, i don't know why, it would be so funny..
Probably some anime character, or Oscar, my dog's name XD

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:39 AM
do we get to name them? that would be so sweet. mine would be alucard if its a male or seras if its a girl. yeah im an anime freak too.

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 05:42 AM
I dunno, even if i can't, i'm still gonna name' em! XD

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:47 AM
true true. but do you get to chose the sex or do you think its random or based on how you raise your PM?

RFB
May 1, 2006, 05:49 AM
I'm not bothering to try the PM, since I dont know Japanese, and would get nowhere with it, but I can tell you this:
you CAN and will be prompted to give your PM a name.

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:55 AM
RFB thank you for answering that, i cant wait.

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 06:01 AM
Holy Hell, i'm gonna name it Oscar! XD
C'mere boy, c'mere, defeat those baddies and protect your master! ^-^

Whatt?!?!? No Batteries, oh well ..

Lol, and thanks RFB, you made me even more eager for PSU XD

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 06:09 AM
if i was anymore eager id crap my pants... again.

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 06:22 AM
Lol, i haven't crapped my pants yet, but there is a lot of confusion in my head XD
I hope E3 comes soon, they will surely give an EXACT, release date

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 06:26 AM
one day ill go to an E3. soon as im out of the military, YES.... freedom, i can almost taste it. any of ya'll ever been out to an E3? what are they like?

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 08:27 AM
I heard they are 18+ only because they have girls and stuff naked.. i think o.O

Lol, so i'll go to an E3 in some years only ( Is 14 )

therealAERO
May 1, 2006, 11:16 AM
I'm going to the Expo in 8 days. Its 18+ because its industry only and they don't want to baby sit and be responsible for kids. Its supposed to be a Business Expo, and a professional enviroment. But we all know what it really is.

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 11:46 AM
Lol, oh, that's why, thanks for clearing my mind
*Goes to the friend who said it had playboy bunnies in them*

VR_Pilot
May 1, 2006, 12:08 PM
any of ya'll ever been out to an E3? what are they like?

They used to be fun, but they've been going downhill lately. Especially with the recent "ban" on booth babes. Seriously, what's with all these people complaining that "it's too loud" and so on. Who are they trying to fool? Games are supposed to be fun. E3 is the only event were gamers can meet with reps and such, and now they're trying to turn it into some "corporate get-together"? Please...

End Rant.

OdinTyler
May 1, 2006, 01:41 PM
That stinks. I managed to see the model SOE hired to play Queen Antonia Bayle for EQII back at the DigitalLife convention in Oct. Was cool. She's even prettier in person. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 02:00 PM
Oh, so they are called Booth Babes..oh i get i now XD
Oh well.. too bad that they are gone eh?

Deaf360
May 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
lol i will call my PM DeafBot...seem apporate name for my buddy?..i guess lol

voxie
May 1, 2006, 05:22 PM
So, three questions:

- Can you have multiple PMs to one character?
- Is the type (gender, colour etc.) random or selectable? (I'm guessing random)
- What's the bank's storgae limit? (I'm guessing this one will take a while to figure out)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-05-01 15:23 ]</font>

Feran
May 1, 2006, 05:59 PM
Im pretty sure your able to buy/find another pm. But as for using more than one at once, i doubt it. (EXtras prolly have to stay in bank or somethin...)

linkzone
May 2, 2006, 02:53 AM
man i hope E3 doesnt go down hill i always wanted to go. but not if it sucks. oh and i think ill name my PM ILA. after one of my old mags from PSO.

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 04:40 AM
oh and after you fully level your PM up. do you have to still feed it? i had a mag that i fully leveled and i still had to feed it cause sync or IQ would go down if i didnt.

Reystradamus
May 4, 2006, 01:03 PM
i kinda like the idea of the PM...but i missed all the mags on pso...the diwari..the sato...so much...mags were like pokemon gotta catch em all....hope THE PMs are the same.

VelosofLight
May 4, 2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I liked the way the Mags were like, y'know, fashionableness! I loved my lvl 200 Rati. As for PMs though, well, I think it'd be cooler if their non-humaniod forms could follow you too, since I thought some of them looked pretty cool.

Also, I think this thread shows we're all total sexually-repressed technophiles, since everyone either wants to sleep with their PM, or expects someone else to try to. xD

Reystradamus
May 4, 2006, 04:18 PM
I Loved my LvL 200 diwari....every mag i got had 2 get a matchin costume...dam i really hope PMs are like that!

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 06:55 PM
that would be soo sweet or if you could buy paint jobs or new armor covers or something like that.

TheStoicOne
May 4, 2006, 07:39 PM
I still wanna see the male humanoid PM! The female's alright,but you never buy your cake until you've tried them all

(bad attempt at analogy)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-05-04 17:43 ]</font>

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 10:13 PM
i like cake. what were you talking about... oh yeah, i think the female PM is cuter, but yeah having a male would be ok too. or better one of each.

TheStoicOne
May 4, 2006, 10:16 PM
On 2006-05-04 20:13, linkzone wrote:
i like cake. what were you talking about... oh yeah, i think the female PM is cuter, but yeah having a male would be ok too. or better one of each.

OMG!!!LOL!!!

patient
May 5, 2006, 09:56 AM
I can't wait to have a little buddy following me around.

Personally, I want a Chi look-a-like from Chobits, but not as stupid or sexually promiscuous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patient on 2006-05-05 07:57 ]</font>

McLaughlin
May 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
On 2006-04-30 22:22, OdinTyler wrote:
So a PM CAN hold items aside from equipped weapons (as shown in pics)? SWEET! Glad they put that in. The shared bank I figured would be small, but, it helps that all 4 of your char slots can use it. No bank in your room tho? That's too bad. Would anyone happen to know how many slots each of the 2 banks have?

I also have a question about PM & current class. Does your class that you choose affect the growth of your PM? Does the PM affect your class in any way?

On PSOX, we have 12 character slots per save, and we have 4 save slots, making a grand total of 48 characters. I'm never short on bank space >_>

vitius137
May 5, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-05-05 07:56, patient wrote:
I can't wait to have a little buddy following me around.

Personally, I want a Chi look-a-like from Chobits, but not as stupid or sexually promiscuous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patient on 2006-05-05 07:57 ]</font>

i tried making a cast chii look alike. it looked ugly as hell. i really hope the PMs look better. -_-'

linkzone
May 5, 2006, 08:47 PM
that would rule. im a guy yes but i watched the chobits anime. hey a guy can watch alittle romance every now and then.
but what would suck would be that everyone would try to make a chobit PM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-05-06 21:06 ]</font>

TheGreyCliche
May 29, 2006, 02:12 PM
am i the only one that isn't necessarily excited about the new PMs? to tell you the truth, i would much rather have a cool Mag that hovers behind me, adding both a cool appearance (angel wings or devil wings, et cetera) and also boosting my own personal stats. i really don't want some little humanoid following me around everywhere. i really hope we can level our PMs to it's cap and still let them stay in robotic form, i also hope that they can follow you in robotic form, but i don't want it to fight along side of me. i'd rather it just be like an accessory.

i know that sounds kind of cruel... i should replay the "magnitude of metal" quest for sensitivity training.

Oji_Retta
May 29, 2006, 03:59 PM
I think the PM is an evolution of the Mag. When you think about it, the mags technically did fight along side and they did follow you around. I remember that they were meant to have their own personalities aka AI. That was shown in one of the early quests. That concept died out later though lol. It just faded out and nobody remembered that.

linkzone
May 29, 2006, 05:07 PM
i liked the mag thing but i really think PMs will be better. sure mags made it look like you had wings, but from what ive been hearing (rumors mostly) youll be able to buy things like that.

DurakkenX
May 29, 2006, 05:14 PM
MAGs were an awesome idea...unfortunately they were, like many other things implemented wrong. There should have been a MAX stats that you could reach without any units/mags/mats Then you should have been able to add those however you like to create a truely customized character rather than 1 maxed character

If i saw currectly PMs look to have a similliar MAG like evolution and stats, but it's dependant upon itself and doesn't add to your stats.

linkzone
May 30, 2006, 07:02 AM
and i hope they arnt super weak. like when they level into their fighting form they can actually do some damage and hold their own.

chibiLegolas
May 30, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-05-29 12:12, TheGreyCliche wrote:
i would much rather have a cool Mag that hovers behind me, adding both a cool appearance (angel wings or devil wings, et cetera) and also boosting my own personal stats. i really don't want some little humanoid following me around everywhere.
{snip}
i'd rather it just be like an accessory.

I totally agree with you there. I liked the many varients of wings and such. The tail mags were fun too. I'd imagine with the bunny and cat ears available on psu, players would want a tail pm to go with them as an accessory.

Though watching a moving tail fight in combat would be strange.

All I know is that I'll be leveling my PM up to get a greater % of sucessful synthesis. I liked the customizable weapon and armor ideas. I just don't want to waste my time if my % are low to make them.
But leveling up my PM's % to synthesis and it's level to fight, are they 2 different skills I'll have to work on? Or do they go up the same rate in general as it goes up in levels?

Heck, how does it even level up? I'll have to bring it into combat to gain levels to sythesis better?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-05-30 13:00 ]</font>

Saner
May 30, 2006, 02:59 PM
Mags were annoying. Im glad partner machinery stays at home and we dont need to depend on it for bonus stats.

Ryoten
May 30, 2006, 03:19 PM
On 2006-05-30 12:59, Saner wrote:
Mags were annoying. Im glad partner machinery stays at home and we dont need to depend on it for bonus stats.

I agree. Since our PM can stay at home if you want it to, you can bring it with you now if you don't have anyone around to help you in some quests. Now instead of giving your PM some items you really need, you can now give it weapons that you don't want now to make it level up or so I think. I want to see the whole new system of upgraded PMs now.

Saner
May 30, 2006, 03:39 PM
lol imagine the fun jokes people come up with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

cast- "oh cool you brought your PM for this mission!"

newearl- "this is my child."

cast- "O_o uh who's the father?"

newearl- "tee hee, you of course."

party- " O_o oO; >_< >_>"

cast -"X_X "

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Saner
May 30, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-05-30 13:19, Ryoten wrote:

On 2006-05-30 12:59, Saner wrote:

I agree. Since our PM can stay at home if you want it to, you can bring it with you now if you don't have anyone around to help you in some quests. Now instead of giving your PM some items you really need, you can now give it weapons that you don't want now to make it level up or so I think. I want to see the whole new system of upgraded PMs now.

I can visualize a party in someone's Room involving their PM:

Humarl: "I'll synthesize this for you!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Beast: "gee thanks." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PM: "sorry, synthetisis not succesful, you lost 100,000 meseta, please don't get angry." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

*Humarl dropkicks PM* "Baaad FuFu!!! Baaaaaad!!!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Party- "ROFL" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Atradaitoshi
May 31, 2006, 09:25 PM
One thing that I'm curious about is... you give your PM items to create new ones right? Could that possibly be the way that you receive rare weapons now?

Keyeszx
May 31, 2006, 10:47 PM
u know it would totaly suck if when u died u lost all ur money if u had ur PM with u since it like works as ur bank person or watever

Kyuu
May 31, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-05-31 19:25, Atradaitoshi wrote:
One thing that I'm curious about is... you give your PM items to create new ones right? Could that possibly be the way that you receive rare weapons now?

While it's certainly possible there will be recipes to create rare weapons, it's almost certain there will be rare weapon drops just like there were before. Limiting rares exclusively to synthesizing would be a horrendous idea, and I'm sure ST realized that, if they ever even considered it.

Saner
May 31, 2006, 11:33 PM
the PM is not your bank.

there is a computer in your room that serves as your bank. and you can give items and stuff to other characters you created.

the PM only handles synthesis and evolving into a fighting companion thingy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

linkzone
Jun 1, 2006, 06:01 AM
Just one thing to those that didnt like mags and dont like the idea of PMs, pooo on you. I loved my mag but I think the idea of PMs evolving into a little buddy to follow you is awsome.

Sha_Hua
Jun 1, 2006, 06:51 AM
About there beeing more PM's. I've seen a total of 1 blue/white one next to all the red/white ones. This must mean you can get additional PM's. That or you can paint it.
I am sure PSO-World will make a nice PM leveling guide when the game is released.

THEY CAN FIGHT ALONSIDE YOU?! I just thought the PM was a utility that would browse for porn so you had more time to play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Ah well that would have been too much I guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

For the people that want 2 PM's, one female one male. You really don't want that! Imagine walking in to your room after a hard day of killing seed. First you notice the mechanical parts spread thoughout the room. Then you notice the two of them are at it in your bed?! You're like 'OMG you were supposed to browse for porn while I was away' and they're like 'Sorry master, it turned us on'. Then you realise there is oil all over the bed so you will have clean it or sleep on the floor... My advise, keep your PM's separated.

But I am wondering where all these tainted roleplay ideas are comming from. The game has no reference to such ideas. In the game you are even fighting Seed, if they would want us to get such ideas it would be the other way around... wouldn't it?!
Just reminded how my search for gundam seed on google went :S. Nevermind.

On an other note to the one who noted loosing mag stats in PSO. Just put your mag in your bank before logging out. Always worked on DC.

linkzone
Jun 1, 2006, 07:09 AM
On an other note to the one who noted loosing mag stats in PSO. Just put your mag in your bank before logging out. Always worked on DC.

I think it was me, cause I remember my mag always lost sync with me alot, or IQ cant remember.
And Sha_Hua your a funny son of a gun.

Neo_Strife
Jun 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
"I try to make mine evolve into a little humanoid to help me out and how would they fight??? What if you could give him your weapons to use???"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo_Strife on 2006-06-22 10:28 ]</font>

Ryna
Jun 22, 2006, 12:41 PM
On 2006-06-22 10:27, Neo_Strife wrote:
"I try to make mine evolve into a little humanoid to help me out and how would they fight??? What if you could give him your weapons to use???"

Welcome to PSO-World Neo_Strife. Responding to a thread this old is considered bumping and is a violation of forum rules. Don't reply to any threads that have not been active in the last 2 weeks.