PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Version

linkzone
Apr 27, 2006, 11:50 PM
I have question about the whole online thing with the PS2. I've never used a PS2 online, let alone for PSU. I read something about having to pay for a sega account, and then again for PS2 online. My question is how do I get online with a PS2? How do I get onine for PSU? I Usually use my PC for all games, but I miss the old joystick feel of gaming so I'm getting PSU for the PS2. Any help would be welcomed greatly.

RoninJoku
Apr 28, 2006, 12:02 AM
All you will need is a network adaptor to get online with the ps2... Then you will need to pay for the SEGA Hunter's License (or whatever they will call it this time)... But that you will need for either PC Xbox360 or PS2, since it is what you pay to SEGA for hosting the servers...

PS2 has no additional fees for online... you are thinking of Xbox with Xbox Live.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-27 22:04 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Apr 28, 2006, 12:03 AM
Unless something changes for PSU, you need only get online with your ISP info. If you have an old PS2, you need a network adapter that comes with software you need to start the installation. If you have a new slim one, the software is preinstalled & ready to go. You'll need an ethernet cable (if you're on broadband) & you'll need phoneline going into the modem port (dialup/DSL). I'll be on the PS2 as well so I'll see ya there, right?

RoninJoku
Apr 28, 2006, 12:05 AM
Oh yea, I forgot that slim PS2's are pre-equipped! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Just make sure you have a place to put your internet cords http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ChronoTrigga
Apr 28, 2006, 01:20 AM
Also the new PSTwo's are only 129.99 Now. Brand spankin new.

_Tek_
Apr 28, 2006, 03:43 AM
Oh, but you'll need the little online startup disc that comes with the pstwo. So I hope you didn't lose yours.

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 05:15 AM
I believe the slimlines come with the net software preinstalled since they don't come boxed with the network disks?

_Tek_
Apr 28, 2006, 05:18 AM
pstwo's got the online adpater inside, and come with the online startup disc.

Nuke
Apr 28, 2006, 05:34 AM
I have a PS2 with internet already, so if i get PSU for PS2
all i would need to do is signup at SEGA?

im nervous if my PC will work with this game....

Pseudo
Apr 28, 2006, 06:09 AM
I brought a PS2 slimline and thanks to Mechatra i got it online straight away (mine came with a network disc), its nothing more than simply plugging it in to your broadband, putting the details in for the ISP and thats it.

However i will say this..You need a broadband Modem as a lot of ISP's wont allow the PS2 to connect via a set-top box (not sure if this applies to anywhere outside UK)

*Oh and Odin I'll see you there ^_^

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 06:11 AM
I'm actually alittle confused now, as my slimline didn't come with a network disk...

hmmm....... >_>

Pseudo
Apr 28, 2006, 06:16 AM
My friend got a Disk with his PS2 which is slimline as well, we both brought it from GAME. Perhaps they stick the disk in there as a backup incase the hardware version doesnt work, I'll ask at the counter the next time i go in.

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 06:26 AM
I just forumed my query. Also read through my Ps2 manual.

I think the confusion may be caused since my Ps2's actually an NTSC J one. But it seems that the manual's saying that the game software should have network setting installation functions on it.

Otherwise I'm gonna hve to order it from sony...
sleazy ba*****s

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 08:56 AM
I cant wait to get online. I'm buying a PS2 just for PSU. Oh, and OdinTyler, you bet your ass ill be online. If we meet online I'll say 'sup'. Thanks for all your help guys, PSO-World rules.

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 09:17 AM
No problem ^_^

So anyone else on this thread importing it for Ps2 or is it just me?

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 09:33 AM
man, i must be one of the dumbest online persons out here, i have no idea what thread importing means. Man im dumb. lol.

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 09:35 AM
Well by checking you're profile it seems you're from japan so you'd have no need to anyway, but importing is basically buying something from overseas and getting it shipped to you.

In my situation, there's no way I'm waiting for god knows how long till EU even gets a release date, and instead I'm going to be buying the japanese version of PSU and getting it mailed over here.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 10:01 AM
yeah im stuck in Japan, but im getting the english version of PSU for the PS2. Im in the Marines so i got stationed in Japan. Youd think being here would be awsome but trust me it sucks major balls. Actually being in Okinawa sucks, its more American than apple pie. Cant turn down a road with out a McDs in sight.

butzopower
Apr 28, 2006, 10:53 AM
Anyone know if the USB network adapter will work with PSU?

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:08 AM
it darn well better sez i.

_Tek_
Apr 28, 2006, 01:26 PM
You could probably ask at any game store about a ps2 online disc

scott1114
Apr 28, 2006, 05:15 PM
I sure hope an internet connection wont be needed for offline, anyways not much chances of cheating on ps2

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:26 PM
i hate cheaters, they ruin it for everyone who works hard to get what they got.