PDA

View Full Version : Psu, really worth the wait?

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:14 PM
Ok, i'll admit, Psu's a great game, with great potential, but for those who are waiting eagerly for this game, like me, i suppose many of us question, will this game really be worth the wait, will it be worth my patience?

My answer is Yes, i have seen the videos, i have seen the Screenshots, i have seen the battles, i have seen Photon Arts and i have seen techniques, last along the character costumization.

If we think about it, most games who made us wait, always proved to be fantastic, let's take a look at the Half-Life series for example, sure, they took a hell of a time to come out, and when it did, it was pretty downright awesome, and it still is, weirdly, i wasn't waiting for it really, and it came sooner then i expected.

I was always told..

" Patience is a virtude "
For those who don't understand what i mean, let's take a look at a Warrior and a Mage fighting, The Mage casts spells on the Warrior who close fighting is his only answer, he PATIENTLY awaits till the Mage gets tired, and then he rushes for the attack and grabs the win.

Not the best analogy, but i suppose it helps you understand..

So, people eagerly waiting for Psu, discuss, is it really going to be worth the wait?

RoninJoku
Apr 28, 2006, 06:19 PM
Hmmm... Well, I've been waiting(hoping) for this game since before it was even announced... Thats over 2 years of waiting! I can wait a little bit longer I think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I spend more time hyping this game than I do actually playing many many other games! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
Same to me, me and my friend, who we are both in the same class, are like super hyper for this game, we talk about it almost every single day XD
Psu is gonna be big, it's gonna sell like hell, i guarantee you that ^-^.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 28, 2006, 06:23 PM
uhh yeah im pretty sure everyone knows that psu will be worth the wait. and you cant really tell people to be patient cuz that wont work. everyone here wants psu as much as the next person. It will be a great game! period! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Violation
Apr 28, 2006, 06:25 PM
hehe, the mageVwarrior comment is going to start a flame war :S

I do agree with it though!

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:25 PM
Indeed, and i'm also wonderin'... i have a GeForce Fx 5200 Graphic Card on my Pc, that is the only lowdown i have right now, i wonder if it will play psu on the lower settings at least..

vitius137
Apr 28, 2006, 06:28 PM
xomg mages are teh pwnz and n3vr l05e to warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
seriously... dont start a flame war. i dont wanna have to start typing properly.

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:28 PM
Oh c'mon, is not XD!
Altough it is true right?
Once your opponent is weared down, and after hours and hours of running away from spells with a few bruises, it's boyah!

Oh and my graphics card is GeForce Fx 5200 128 MB, i know i posted it before, but not with the mb part, i hope i get an answer <.<;

Sev
Apr 28, 2006, 06:31 PM
A bit after the game was delayed the first time, I had to ask myself the same question. After reading all the facts and hoping so much for the game, what's taking so long? Then I just remembered that wondering about that... Wasn't gonna make the release come any sooner. I was spending more time thinking about this game then actually doing anything concerning it. So I started to talk about it a bit more for those people in my group who don't really come to forums. I kinda feel like it's spreading the gospel of PSU (Although that's going just a BIT far) but it keeps me occupied. Plus, I do have other things I can spend time on until then. Thank God for School Rumble Season 2. XD

This game is definitely worth my wait. I've been waiting awhile, and like RurouniJoku... I can wait some more. No big deal. Can't wait to try everything out. I should figure out what weapons I wanna use the most frequently.

Is the card AGP? If so it should work fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-04-28 16:33 ]</font>

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'm going with Dual Sabers, that's so gonna rock ^-^.

Sev
Apr 28, 2006, 06:35 PM
But there's claws too... And daggers... And I know for a fact that Sword will probably be my main weapon. I was thinking I should go with one big weapon, and one smaller set of weapons. Maybe I'll mix and match. Claw Dagger, Claw Saber maybe.

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:37 PM
Or a Saber Cane!
I would love kicking ass on close combat, as casting spells from far away too!

Axios-
Apr 28, 2006, 06:38 PM
Yes, PSU is most definitely worth the wait.....so is Starcraft Ghost

Sev
Apr 28, 2006, 06:39 PM
If you have an AGP card, you should be fine for running the game. PCI will be a bit more of a problem I'd imagine. Then again, can't say I'd know for sure.

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:41 PM
Well, the stats are:

AGP 4x
128 MB
GeForce Fx 5200

That's it, hope i don't die <.<;
Sorry for asking this so many times, try to understand, i don't wanna die the first day i get psu <.<;

vitius137
Apr 28, 2006, 07:03 PM
personally i dont think psu is worth the wait. i just enjoy the searching for scraps of information and begging for someone to share an account with me. once the game comes out these forums will be of no use to me and I shall attatch myself to the body of a fresh new mmo to hype about. I will then drain power from all the hype I can until I create a superior mutant capable of devouring souls and spirits aswell as casting the world into eternal impatience.

seriously though, can't wait! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sev
Apr 28, 2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah, your card should be fine. If you have 1GB of RAM you should be in really good shape too.

Yeah Vit... You're a bit... Strange. In a good way though. The whole evil monster thing... I kidna look forward to what that will do. Good luck. *Thumbs up*

(I think I'm working too hard... RMA... Ugh...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-04-28 17:10 ]</font>

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 07:09 PM
Lol, vit's weird, yet funny XD
Oh, and i just 768 Of RAM, wich is close to 1 Gb, i'll be also deleting trash and other sorts.
I don't wanna get that eyeball glitch that other people did XD

Saraphim
Apr 28, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-04-28 16:38, Axios- wrote:
Yes, PSU is most definitely worth the wait.....so is Starcraft Ghost

wasn't that cancelled? I heard that they are waiting for the next gen systems, but it the 360 is out and the Wii is close...

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 07:12 PM
Whoa whoa whoa!
Starcraft Ghost cancelled?
I have and am waiting for that, for years or something!

Sev
Apr 28, 2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I got no clue how that happened. It's pretty creepy though. I'm just getting ready to up my graphics card myself... And this post reminded me that I need to contact my video cards manufacturer. XD

The things that I'm wanting to see the most, is the gradual evolution of Photon Arts. It's nice that they gave melee something like this. I remember me and my friend were talking about possible additions. We both settled on "Skills" for melee classes. Skills were in the older PS games, something for people to use aside from techs and that are done through Physical Damage... Well, sometimes. Not all Skills were physical attacks. Just glad to see something new added in.

Looking forward to the first dragon fight. Those are always fun. XD

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah, true, Photon Arts will rock, seriously.
I'm wanting to do something realllllly flashy XD

Ryna
Apr 28, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-04-28 17:12, Sessilu wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa!
Starcraft Ghost cancelled?
I have and am waiting for that, for years or something!

Off Topic:
Starcraft Ghost has been indefinitely postponed. You can read about it here:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=15694

lostinseganet
Apr 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
The game needs eight players, eight I say. Double the pso goodness. Just adding on two is not enough. Use the power of broadband!

OdinTyler
Apr 28, 2006, 07:31 PM
Yep. True. Long while back that was announced. Guess Blizzard is only focusing on WoW. That & SG was supposed to be on GC. Now with systems coming out for the next generation, it would need to be ported or forgotten about (as it seems to have been, save the few of us who might actually want to try it).

Ryna
Apr 28, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-04-28 17:30, lostinseganet wrote:
The game needs eight players, eight I say. Double the pso goodness. Just adding on two is not enough. Use the power of broadband!

When you have a full six player team, things can be kind of crazy. I wouldn't want to imagine what an eight player team would be like...

RFB
Apr 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
oi, we already have enough lag as it is, we dont need to have even more. And as Ryna says, it's kinda messy in big groups.

Is it worth it? GOD YES. At least for me, it is. Cant wait for the game to hit retail in the US.

Sessilu, I think your computer will be able to run it, but with low settings. FX5200 is a weeeaaak card, I know about that card, I had it.

And I hope Blizzard releases SC:Ghost one of these years (this is starting to look like Duke Nukem), I loved StarCraft, and I cant wait to learn more about that universe.

Nedeti
Apr 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
lol "things can be kind of crazy" true! and yes it is worth the wait its a must

vitius137
Apr 28, 2006, 07:40 PM
its hard enough getting items and money in pso with 4 people, and drops are less common in PSU so that's going to be troublesome. i remember my multiplayer only character is so poor because me and my friends had to divide money 3 ways. also im a force and that makes it worse....

DizzyDi
Apr 28, 2006, 07:43 PM
No, its not worth the wait.
We're posting on this forum about how much we hate PSU, not how much we're anticipating it.
The beta screenshot topic is for us to sit there and go "lolz! look at those lame graphics and monsters!"
All these polls about what we're going to be or if we're going to play online are offline first are just traps for the people who actually like the game so we can shun them and laugh at them for being so dumb.
...Sh-should I go on?
/endsarcasm

RFB
Apr 28, 2006, 07:44 PM
Money? in PSO? Difficult? are you living in an alternate reality, or something? It's almost impossible in PSO to avoid having 999.999 meseta in bank and 999.999 meseta on your inventory, once you start doing hard mode runs.

_Tek_
Apr 28, 2006, 07:46 PM
in psu you get rewarded at the end of a quest based on how well you did. That's the team's income.

peenk
Apr 28, 2006, 11:12 PM
dunno if anyone posted this but the release date stated on ebgames.com is end of october 2006
:/
sega better hury the f*ck up

RoninJoku
Apr 28, 2006, 11:29 PM
Sega better take their time and make sure this game is perfect! I plan on playing it for a much longer time than I will be waiting... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:33 PM
according to amazon.com PSU shipps for the PS2 on May 6th this year, i already got my order.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:52 PM
got to amazon and click preorder, it says that its shipping on the 6th, maybe im reading it wrong but my order says PSU May 6th. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009R1TA4/qid=1146286272/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6245868-0437505?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=468642

ShadowDragon28
Apr 29, 2006, 12:00 AM
I want this game like "today", but alas i must have patience.... *crosses fingers that there are weapons with black colored bodies and violet colored (dark element?) photon blades*

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 12:06 AM
See im confused now. i went to one site says may 6, another says december, and another that says next year. dang it give me a date.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-04-28 22:07 ]</font>

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 12:13 AM
http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu
says fall 06. some one tell me when, i want it now. im about to start burning buildings and kicking midgets.

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 01:13 AM
Lol, chill, chill, i want Psu right now too, and i'm almost dying <.<;
I seriously have to get a new graphics card, but my computer's box is only Low-Profile, so the graphic cards will also have to be small or something, it's fecked up, i neeeeeeed to get a better one ;_;...
Well, i have some time before Psu comes, i have to prepare my Pc for the 24/7 frenzy <,<

vitius137
Apr 29, 2006, 01:30 AM
my best guess is anywhere in october (it better not be the end of october)

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 01:34 AM
Ok, let's face the facts, for Jp is around June, and psu's a big game soo.. should be around.. August with luck, if not september or October

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 01:43 AM
But i want it noooowwww.... *stomps feet*

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 01:56 AM
You and more then 1 million people in this planet my friend XD
The Japanese got the Beta, but not the game yet, so they are waiting as us too <.<;

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 02:13 AM
since im in japan do you think the japanese ver. will play on my american PS2? will it be in japanese? cause i dont speak or understand it at all. id rather have the american version for the simple english language.

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 02:18 AM
Well, play it, i think it will, if they are both NTSC, if not, i don't think so.
And of course it will be japanese, your ps2 won't determine the language of the game, that's in the game dude.

Kimil
Apr 29, 2006, 02:39 AM
On 2006-04-29 00:13, linkzone wrote:
since im in japan do you think the japanese ver. will play on my american PS2? will it be in japanese? cause i dont speak or understand it at all. id rather have the american version for the simple english language.

It won't play on a Nrth American PS2, there's some *stupid* Region Restrictions

EDIT: Post edited to remove offensive language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-29 14:01 ]</font>

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 02:41 AM
Yeah, that's just not cool, thank god Ps3's Region Free..

But anyways back on topic..
I need Psu...;_;

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 02:47 AM
well both PSU and PS3 are too far off. i say we riot, burn the midgets.

RFB
Apr 29, 2006, 03:01 AM
1)Forget about that May 6th release date Amazon gives you. The Closed Beta ends May 10th. There's no way in the blue monkey hell the game's gonna be released anywhere before the end of the beta.

2)A date. heh. Start burning buildings and kicking midgets... I'm hoping for release dates during E3, looks more than a coincidence to me that the beta ends the same day that E3 starts.

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 03:02 AM
Lol, i say we go out on the streets of every city and demand that Sega puts psu on stores, or we won't stop XD

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 03:15 AM
pazzah! oh an im gonna send amazon a nasty virus riddled email. and i will burn a midget home to the ground, and when he asks me why, ill tell him why, then kick him like a foot ball.

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 03:26 AM
Yeah, E3 is going to be the centre of Information, i hope someone from Psow can Leak info to here, they WILL give an exact release date..or we will allll go..suicide XD

Fryetholly
Apr 29, 2006, 09:01 AM
About your video card, the GeForce 5200FX... I have it... Actually, my settings are : 512 RAM, 1,8Ghz, GeForce 5200FX. And at the lowest setting, it's kinda ok...
Well, sometimes, it tends to be very slooow, like in Grasslands... But well, it's playable, so you'll be ok. But if you have enough money to buy another video card, go on (as I'm going to do).

Sev
Apr 29, 2006, 03:38 PM
I'm not gonna join in on the... Suicide. But I'm all for burning shit. Let's go~!!!

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 09:16 PM
i wrote amazon a very nasy email telling them to update their ship/release dates or else. i know this is a nother topic but they still have an old release date for the legend of zelda too. they just wont update the jerks. ohhh... im gonna burn a midgets house for this. *angry stomps*

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 09:20 PM
heres what amazon said:
Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com with your concern.

We rely on the manufacturer for release date
information. Our most recent information was that "Phantasy Star
Universe" will be released on May 5, 2006.

Our Customer Service centers are not in the same location as our
fulfillment centers. Amazon.com offers hundreds of thousands of
items in our own inventory, and the fulfillment center buildings
enclose millions of square feet. In addition, many of our
fulfillment center processes are automated and computerized.

However, we have teamed up with Toysrus.com to create a co-branded
online toy store.

If you wish you can contact Toyrus.com to know the about this item.

I have also forwarded your message to the Toys "R" Us customer
service center so that they may assist you.

For future reference, you can reach their customer service department
at 1-888-869-7932.

I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Thank you again for contacting us at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Azeezullah I.
Amazon.com Customer Service

peenk
Apr 29, 2006, 09:33 PM
lmao sounds like another Indian tech support guy making yet another 'if-they-ask-this--reply-with-this' type of email

Just how recent was his information about PSU releasing on may 5? ... i am guess its as recent as ... FEBRUARY 2006!

dont trust amazon .. never ... they always f*ck something up ... and ship late

OdinTyler
Apr 29, 2006, 10:00 PM
That's not necessarily true, peenk. True, I only made 1 big purchase from them, but, it actually came early. Amazon needs work, as does any other online retailer. However, it is one of the better ones out there. The truth is that Amazon handles all types of products, not just video games. Trusting Toys R Us on the other hand for info, wouldn't be the best decision. Remember that Sega is not exactly being forthcoming with a release date with ANYONE. The JP site STILL says '2006'. As for a personal problem with Amazon, it could've just been the person that handled your transaction. I'm just trying to see the positive here, that's all.

linkzone
Apr 30, 2006, 05:36 AM
well it still pissed me off. they gave me false hope. jerks.

Sessilu
Apr 30, 2006, 06:24 PM
Wow, talk about a freak-ish e-mail

And fryetholly, thanks for your suggestion, i am really going to get a better one, i hope, i gotta change the box of me' pc, it's like...Low Profile..it's stupid...