View Full Version : Translated?

Nuke
Apr 29, 2006, 01:44 AM
Do you think they already have the US/EU versions
translated? i would think so since the release is
in fall (pretty close really).

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 02:32 AM
Nah, if they are still beta testing, i suppose when psu goes on sale in japan Us will start translating, or something :S

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 02:42 AM
Well, if they are putting psu online already..Offline must be done.. so yeah.. i think :S

RFB
Apr 29, 2006, 02:58 AM
1)If I recall correctly, some of the official SEGA PSU videos have parts of the game GUI in English already.
2)The game already has a built-in cuss word filter for the old languages: Japanese, English, German, French and Spanish.

Given those 2 facts, I'd say yeh, they already have the different languages, or at least are working on them. Thats what I think.

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 03:00 AM
Oh that's right..
I remember seeing the english subtitles ^-^.
Maybe it won't take so long afterall <.<;
Please Sega, hurry up!

_Tek_
Apr 29, 2006, 06:46 AM
I think the translating is somewhat done, its the voice recording that takes the time.

Espilonarge
Apr 29, 2006, 09:57 AM
Lets hope the English translation doesn't get tacky voice actors. The minute I hear any voice actor not taking their roll seriously, I'll immidently switch to Japanese voices. Theres no excuse for terrible voice actors especially after that song they did.

Sev
Apr 29, 2006, 12:42 PM
There's a remedy for bad voice actors. It's called the mute button.

vitius137
Apr 29, 2006, 12:44 PM
a cure worse than the disease....lol, i would rather have bad voices than no voices. but then again i would rather have japanese voices than bad english ones.

Kyunji
Apr 29, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-04-29 10:42, Sev wrote:
There's a remedy for bad voice actors. It's called the mute button.

Yes, because we all know that PSU will be so much better without music or sound effects. Music and sound effects add a certain level of atmosphere to the game, and I don't think that it would be the same without those.

Well, except maybe the repetative Japanese grunting. That I could probably live without.

DamonKatu
Apr 29, 2006, 02:01 PM
*whips a sega translator in the back* HURRY, DAMMIT!!!

Becises untranslated voices, Voice chat is a pain sence of the anoying voices. Thats why Im not using Xbox 360! and the PC version isnt closed linked

Rubesahl
Apr 29, 2006, 03:30 PM
I just hope they have the option for original language but with subtitles. I like hearing everything in its original language with subtitles, it applies to everything, movies, games, etc. Things get lost when voicing... Plus I like hearing the original dialogue since I notice when there's a bit of errors in translation on the subs, so I pretty much use both audio and text to make something good out of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif That's one feature I just LOVED of the .hack games ><;

I don't really mind the grunts... better than nothing at all for me.

TheStoicOne
Apr 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
Wow! I thought I was the only one alive who loved subtitles. LOL! I know what your talking about the subtitles in Advent children were awful.LOL! So I would much rather hear this game in Japanese

mechatra
Apr 29, 2006, 03:41 PM
I Totally agree with the subs. I like to gather more of the original feeling from the original voicing. Plus it always helps with my ever developing japanese ^_^

Sev
Apr 29, 2006, 03:43 PM
On 2006-04-29 10:53, Kyunji wrote:

Yes, because we all know that PSU will be so much better without music or sound effects. Music and sound effects add a certain level of atmosphere to the game, and I don't think that it would be the same without those.

Well, except maybe the repetative Japanese grunting. That I could probably live without.

Yeah, it is if you hate the voices. If they don't put the language option in, and you hate the voices... Use the mute button. There ain't much else you can do. And it's not like anyone told you the put the game on mute the whole time, because they don't talk the whole time.

Either way, it'll be better then complaining if the voice actors suck.

RoninJoku
Apr 29, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-04-29 13:34, TheStoicOne wrote:
Wow! I thought I was the only one alive who loved subtitles. LOL! I know what your talking about the subtitles in Advent children were awful.LOL! So I would much rather hear this game in Japanese

Heh... I don't know what crowd you were hanging with... But I would say 90% of anime and game fans (casuals not included) despise english voice overs... Perhaps an overgeneralization on my part, but you are definitely not the only one who loves subtitles... heheh...

PhotonCat
Apr 29, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'm pretty sure they already have it translated in English and are just finishing up localization...

I really do hope they keep the JP voices in with subs. I really hate most Japanese->English dubbed things because they are always horrible. Not all are, but, 95% is. I also kinda like things in their original language whatever it may be.
Otherwise, I hope they have an option to turn off the voices but keep SE/Music going and I will just read.

TheStoicOne
Apr 29, 2006, 06:59 PM
The reason I said I thought I was the only one who used subtitles is becayse whenever I watch a movie I put them on in a matter of habit, and then whoever I'm watching the movie with says something like "Why is that crap on the screen?", or "Turn that s*** off". So I thought geez don't you guys read!????

Thassit! LOL!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-04-29 17:00 ]</font>

vitius137
Apr 29, 2006, 07:17 PM
i like subtitles in most animes EXCEPT Full Metal Alchemist. IMO its one of the best dubbings ever done. the voices match, they were done well. pretty much no flaws whatsoever. I really hope theres a JP voice+eng subtitles for NA version, cuz i like the origional voices (unless the dubs are really good)