PDA

View Full Version : Japanese version to American

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 08:34 AM
Ok i can get a Japanese PS2 and an American one. Plus im in Japan so i can get PSU in Japanese sooner than the American ver. Not bragging. My question is can i play the Japanese ver. on the Japanese PS2 then when the Amer. ver. comes out can i just plug my memory card into the Amer. PS2 and keep going with the game?

RFB
Apr 29, 2006, 08:42 AM
No.

Then again, are you worried about the offline mode, or the online mode?

Online mode characters are stored serverside, I -suppose- that you can play with your characters, of your account, regardless of the game version. Cant say for sure, but it'd be the logical thing for SEGA to do.

About the Story mode, however, forget it. You cant continue your JP savegame in a US copy.

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 08:49 AM
ah crap. oh and the old PSO on GC. if i got the broadband thing could i still play online? do they still offer online service?

PhotonCat
Apr 29, 2006, 01:24 PM
If you are in Japan I don't see why you would want to move over to the English copy. I mean you CAN understand and speak JP can't you?... Wouldn't make sense to be in a foriegn country if you can't speak the language...

Well anyway.. no you cannot use a save from one version of a game to another version.

If you want to go online and switch copies I am not sure about that either because there is probably going to be some type of "set-up/network" files on the card.
And I am sure the JP and EN servers will be separated as well.

mechatra
Apr 29, 2006, 01:38 PM
I think it'll be alright to be honest.

Photon cat, what makes you think the servers will be seperated? There's not reason for them to Only your network options will be saved on your memory card. So as long as you're using the same Segalink account you should be able to use your online characters after switching versions.

And I'm gonna assume that you're Japanese isn't too great eh linkzone?

linkzone
Apr 29, 2006, 09:05 PM
i know like two words in japanese and i say them wrong anyway. im in the marines, i got stuck here for a two year tour. i dont have time to learn japanese cause work sucks. i was hoping to get to play the japanese version then change to the american one. that way id get an odd head start. just run around killing things, no storyline. then when the game comes out in english, play for a story.