PDA

View Full Version : random item distribution

Inazuma
Apr 30, 2006, 11:48 AM
for those that dont know, there are options when making a mission for how the items get destributed. it defaults to the normal, first come first serve, but you can change it to random so that no matter who picks up the item, it will randomly go into someones inventory.

after playing w/ items set to random, i dont wanna play any other way.

Wavey
Apr 30, 2006, 11:55 AM
wow thats a really good feature! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif about time too

Kamica
Apr 30, 2006, 11:57 AM
I would like to know exactly how to do this.

Sev
Apr 30, 2006, 11:58 AM
Thank God, that saves so many arguments. My friend was just telling me that I shouldn't take all the items... And I simply had to explain that it's not my fault I can kill enemies and pick up the drops and the same time. This should make up for his slowness. Good info to have indeed.

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 11:58 AM
How does the drop system work? What I mean is do certain monsters drop certain items or is it all just random from what you guys have experienced?

Mewn
Apr 30, 2006, 12:00 PM
It's good to know these kind of options are in PSU. I've been hoping they would exist.

What are the other options (if there are any)?

Kyunji
Apr 30, 2006, 12:12 PM
This is, indeed, good news, unless you're in a two-person game and one person ends up getting all the rares (probability isn't always fun). But hey, the PSO series has needed this for a long time.

peenk
Apr 30, 2006, 12:17 PM
I've gotta handed it to WoW.
Sh!tty game but great item rolling system.
They should impliment that kinda system where you roll for items or pass, into PSU. You could have set a level of items to be rolled so no one would have to roll for a single monomate lets say and DO roll when there is a rare or at least a ??? weapons shows up.
But random is better than nothing.

EspioKaos
Apr 30, 2006, 12:18 PM
On 2006-04-30 09:48, Inazuma wrote:
for those that dont know, there are options when making a mission for how the items get destributed. it defaults to the normal, first come first serve, but you can change it to random so that no matter who picks up the item, it will randomly go into someones inventory.

after playing w/ items set to random, i dont wanna play any other way.

And from what I've seen, you can set up distribution differently between both rares and non-rares. So, in theory, you could have rares set to randomly enter someone's inventory, and regular items set as first come, first served.

DjDragoon
Apr 30, 2006, 02:08 PM
Personally, I like the "Items by turn" methood that some MMOs have. What if someone was really lucky?

Inazuma
Apr 30, 2006, 02:10 PM
yea thats rite. rare items and non rare items have serperate options. and btw, meseta counts in the "non rare items" options

Nuke
May 1, 2006, 03:32 AM
On 2006-04-30 09:58, TheStoicOne wrote:
How does the drop system work? What I mean is do certain monsters drop certain items or is it all just random from what you guys have experienced?

i would think YES, but i dont know, im wondering same thing...

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 05:27 AM
Hmmm, good news indeed, i have a bit of Fame to be a Leecher, or an Item'er, as someone called me on Psobb, since i was used to Solo Play, i always got all items, and sold them for Meseta, making me very rich..
So now i'm going to go with the Random Items, seems good, normal gets First Come First Served, and Rares get random treatment..

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 06:29 AM
i dont like the FCFS rule. it should be fair. one for all and all get one.

voxie
May 1, 2006, 07:16 AM
On 2006-04-30 12:08, DjDragoon wrote:
Personally, I like the "Items by turn" methood that some MMOs have. What if someone was really lucky?

This is an interesting option, but I can imagine someone who knew more about drops taking advantage of it.

Mitz
May 1, 2006, 08:27 AM
So you set this how? Picture guide please.

TheStoicOne
May 1, 2006, 08:30 AM
WOW!!! I just had to post, your sig is awesome!!

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 08:34 AM
Lol, ya true, awesome pic, nice graphics, and i can read " I Love My Home " XD

Mitz
May 1, 2006, 08:37 AM
On 2006-05-01 06:34, Sessilu wrote:
Lol, ya true, awesome pic, nice graphics, and i can read " I Love My Home " XD

^.^ that's not what it says but you got the first two right.

And thanks. I really wasn't expecting any heads-up. The first post got me puzzled. "what picture is he talking about? Is a guide posted already?"

XD

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 09:04 AM
Oh, lol, now i see, is it..I Love Moma? XD

Psu rocks <.<;

Mitz
May 1, 2006, 09:28 AM
Mona lol but just leave it at that.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 1, 2006, 09:44 AM
I always hated playing with friends who were "rare runners" and the like.... My problem in pso was, I have very polite item etiquitte.... When a rare, or a good item drops, I would stand over it, announce the item, and ask if anyone needed it. As you can imagine, this caused me to get screwed out of alot of rares... Even when playing with friends. I would do my normal thing, but before I could even type the name of the item... Someone would swoop through and grab it without saying a word. Leaving me just standing there looking like a fool.
And then they argue... Oh, well you should have been quicker to grab it...
DUDE!!! I was standing right on top of it for a good 2 seconds, I COULD have grabbed it before you even knew it dropped.... I was trying to be polite to everyone by letting them all have a chance to get it if they NEEDED it... They don't care if you're polite.... They don't care at all.
SOOOOO.... All that being said. This is a very welcome system for me. =)

TheStoicOne
May 1, 2006, 11:11 AM
I know EXACTLY what you mean. Even when it was my first time playing the game someone 100+ more levels than me took my rare, I didn't care seeing how I was being nice, but then it just kept hapening and hapening, and I got fed up with it, so I started to snatch things up before anyone noticed!LOL! I know its either Eat or be Eaten.

RFB
May 1, 2006, 11:19 AM
On 2006-05-01 07:44, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
I always hated playing with friends who were "rare runners" and the like.... My problem in pso was, I have very polite item etiquitte.... When a rare, or a good item drops, I would stand over it, announce the item, and ask if anyone needed it. As you can imagine, this caused me to get screwed out of alot of rares... Even when playing with friends. I would do my normal thing, but before I could even type the name of the item... Someone would swoop through and grab it without saying a word. Leaving me just standing there looking like a fool.
And then they argue... Oh, well you should have been quicker to grab it...
DUDE!!! I was standing right on top of it for a good 2 seconds, I COULD have grabbed it before you even knew it dropped.... I was trying to be polite to everyone by letting them all have a chance to get it if they NEEDED it... They don't care if you're polite.... They don't care at all.
SOOOOO.... All that being said. This is a very welcome system for me. =)

Thats why when it's something that I may be interested about, I pick, THEN announce. =P

Sinue_v2
May 1, 2006, 03:10 PM
Personally, I liked the idea of lotting for an item. In PSO, this wasn't possible unless you were with Japanese players generally. The ones I played with had a habit of grabbing every item of value and "holding it" until the post-game where they would drop them and sort them by need and usefullness. If more than one person wanted a particular item - they'd do a paper/rock/sissors kind of meseta drop game.

It'd be nice if Sonic Team implimented something like that... though I guess the "Random" distribution is good enough.

_Tek_
May 1, 2006, 04:01 PM
I'd set it to random, and tell everyone to just STFU, whoever gets it gets it.

Then my games will probably run much smoother.

kassy
May 1, 2006, 08:19 PM
This is one of the best developments I've heard so far! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

The majority of people have been praying for this, and it's great that they've given you the option to still free for all! makes everyone happy, random drop should definately become the norm; that's if the community is a nice and fair one!

Seriously I've always felt bad for people with bad connections trying to pick up rares before leechers run in, and never liked the fact that different classes play at different proximities in PSO, making it slightly unbalanced.

_Tek_
May 1, 2006, 08:22 PM
I remember being in this team full of bitchy people in pso. One guy constanly raged about being an uber legit or something.

Anyways we're in ULT forest, we see the rare rappy, killed it, then we're all waiting for it to move. So I sit there, change my middle action button to do nothing, then I rapidly tapped on that until the rappy left. I instantly had it lol.

Good times, and that guy was so raged. THen I gave the rare to some other guy on the team who didnt talk much.

kassy
May 1, 2006, 08:47 PM
On 2006-05-01 18:22, _Tek_ wrote:
I remember being in this team full of bitchy people in pso. One guy constanly raged about being an uber legit or something.

Anyways we're in ULT forest, we see the rare rappy, killed it, then we're all waiting for it to move. So I sit there, change my middle action button to do nothing, then I rapidly tapped on that until the rappy left. I instantly had it lol.

Good times, and that guy was so raged. THen I gave the rare to some other guy on the team who didnt talk much.

Haha, yeah, the old middle button trick, that also gave anyone using it an unfair advantage on boss drops. The one thing I couldn't stand in PSO is bitchy people who flamed people to give them rares they didn't get, I'd usually give the rares I didn't need to to other polite players, and scratch the guy who'd been annoying everyone else in the party off the list, haha.

DamonKatu
May 1, 2006, 09:23 PM
Bule eyes and brown hair girls will never get out of my mind!! *tries to shake them off but they are still in his view* Will it ever stop!? *long story*

On topic:
Yea, exspecally xbfs/xgf if you dumpt them and they know you play the game also thats a BIG pain. Thats PSO for ya...Go on and you'll find all sourse of jack asses. I know the players are going to be noobish as PSO but it should be fun watching them fight LOL.

Dragon_Knight
May 1, 2006, 10:42 PM
I'd have to try out the random distribution thing before I praise it. More so because my luck at getting things was never really high. I've played as a force for the longest time so I usualy got boned out of stuff anyway. But it deffinatly would stop the rare hunters from getting away with everything. I remeber once I was hunting a sirens hammer in a red game, there was one humar there that would run up to dorphans and girtys he would hit them once and do nothing else save for run around when it looked like he might get whacked. Once the creature in question died he would immediatly drop one of the items in his inventory and pick up what ever dropped. We had all made our calls but of course we knew he wouldn't care, even after I pointed out what he was doing he still kept on doing it.

Nuclearranger
May 1, 2006, 11:06 PM
This seems to sound popular indeed

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 1, 2006, 11:24 PM
Sounds like an OK idea to me. I'll probably be playing mostly with friends from BB, so we'll just let each other call certain rares and then distribute them afterwards.