PDA

View Full Version : JP players thoughts on importers?

TheDoctor
Apr 30, 2006, 03:24 PM
I was wondering about what JP users for online games think of US and EU users that play on thier servers, those of us that play in the PSU beta for example. I've heard rumors that they're rather hostile to foreigners, and since I'm going to import, this is the sort of thing I'd like to know. Does anyone know anything about this?

mechatra
Apr 30, 2006, 03:27 PM
As far as I'm aware, most of the japanese players I've spent time with are friendly, and generally quite welcoming.

If we get shunned though it looks like we'll have to make our own little "importers clique" ^_^

Kimil
Apr 30, 2006, 03:31 PM
Screw em, claim Parrum for the Englishspeaking Western Hemisphere XD. They can have that JP-like Newman Planet ^.^

EDIT: Do not use racial slurs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-30 13:43 ]</font>

mechatra
Apr 30, 2006, 03:36 PM
Screw that Kimil! Neudaiz is a far nicer looking planet imo compared to Parum. Far more natural.

Kimil
Apr 30, 2006, 03:52 PM
Screw my idea then O.O

mechatra
Apr 30, 2006, 03:52 PM
Of course I mean that in the nicest friendlyiest way possible. ^_^

Mitz
Apr 30, 2006, 04:08 PM
I made a few JP friends :3

peenk
Apr 30, 2006, 04:43 PM
There are azzholes in every race/culture.
I live in NYC I would know. Kinda makes you racist and anti-racist at the same time, go figure.
But personally I wish for JP/EU/US servers to be connected. I want to play w/ people from all over the world and being a fan of JP culture in general (coughanimecough), I want to make few friends who live in Japan.

EDIT: I also hope they will introduce that automatic translated sentences they had in PSO. I used to play with a lot of Japanese speaking peeps through that lame system. : ) It was even funny as we would sit there and make up stupid different sentences that dont even make sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-04-30 14:46 ]</font>

SgtSassafras
Apr 30, 2006, 04:43 PM
Go learn some basic japanese words that would be useful during gameplay like come (kimasu), go (ikimasu), here (koko), this (kore), Over there (asoko/soko), that (sore), etc - and then just basic words for politeness. Most will be impressed and happy that you can understand basic things.

Without some knowledge, its often very fustrating on their part and annoying. Imagine trying to play a game with some guy from brazil who only spoke portugeese and was always getting lost. You'd be pretty pissed, wouldn't you.

mechatra
Apr 30, 2006, 04:58 PM
WE ARE JILTED
>EVERYONE!

>_<