PDA

View Full Version : Weapon ideas that won't make the cut

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 30, 2006, 04:23 PM
So i got to talking with midori about different PAs and suddenly the thought of a Resta bullet came up. What other weapon ideas do you think would be possible, but won't be included out of the stupidity that will happen because of them.

Kou-Diacyper
Apr 30, 2006, 04:31 PM
Spooning scythe.

Nuke
Apr 30, 2006, 04:32 PM
o snap, scythe!
that would be awsome

Feran
Apr 30, 2006, 04:53 PM
Heavens Punisher Special as a PA on a mech gun..... O.o

peenk
Apr 30, 2006, 05:06 PM
I just hope they will have my favorite weapon of all time: Vjaya.
I remember it would do about 1.2k dmg on v.hard w/ my lvl 100 HUnewearl.
Was fun >_<

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 30, 2006, 06:34 PM
Can someone explain this concept to me? can you use your PM, to add special affects to weapons?

Feran
Apr 30, 2006, 09:41 PM
A while back there was a picture or two that showed a mag syncing items (used 4 materials that supposedly gave it extra stuff including specials.) You can also buy recipes according to one beta tester.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 30, 2006, 09:58 PM
weapons i wish they had:

heat seeking missile launcher
remote mines
shurikens
miniguns
flamethrower

Feran
Apr 30, 2006, 10:09 PM
ookay....this is sci-fi mister. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lasers
Photon Gernades
Photon Bows
Mech Gun
Photon Refelcter

There equivlents... ;D

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 10:13 PM
OOOh! photon glasses that shoot out beams!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

...uh!

cherry
Apr 30, 2006, 10:14 PM
Don't they have Photon Bows?

DamonKatu
Apr 30, 2006, 10:16 PM
RAGE EXPLOSION!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 30, 2006, 10:21 PM
On 2006-04-30 20:16, DamonKatu wrote:
RAGE EXPLOSION!!!!You mean Megid?

REJ-
Apr 30, 2006, 10:23 PM
Don't they have Photon Bows?

He said that those weapons are PSU's equivalent of

heat seeking missile launcher
remote mines
shurikens
miniguns
flamethrower

An actual flamethrower would rock though, and Lasr isn't heat-seeking (it just hits them right away)

cherry
Apr 30, 2006, 10:24 PM
oooo i got one summoning like summon skeleton or rabid wolf or other stuff

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 10:29 PM
Haven't seen this anywhere, so I'm gonna say reverser.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 30, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-04-30 20:29, TheStoicOne wrote:
Haven't seen this anywhere, so I'm gonna say reverser.

I'm sure Rever will be in there in some form. Hell, we haven't even seen Shift and Deban yet...

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, they show S&D in the pic with those 3 pirate bros.

Authenticate
Apr 30, 2006, 10:39 PM
Some of the female cast synthetic heads look like they could be used as weapons.

The ponytail looking one has what look kind of like laser barrels in them. They could fold back and turn forward to fire a barrage of laser fire.

The thuster balls on one of the heads could be used in some kind of ramming attack, or like the Orbit Cannon type weapons in the Armored Core series if anyone has played that.

There's the helmet with "cat" ears on it with the blue visor. The slots in the "ears" could open up and shoot bottle rocket sized missles.

Course, all that would be imbalancing and everyone would only use those helmets if they did anything in battle.

_Tek_
Apr 30, 2006, 11:12 PM
Will we get any scythe weapons in PSU? Judging by the stabbing attacks with the spear, it won't work like that.

Maybe the scythe will be a sword style.

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 11:17 PM
Hopefully we'll have scythes! Nothing beats the look of a little innocent droid with kickass grim reaper artillery!

_Tek_
May 1, 2006, 12:12 AM
Also we'll surely see physical weapons like metal sword and katanas im sure.

TheStoicOne
May 1, 2006, 04:17 PM
I think there should be a spell casting glove, because I think its stupid to not be able to make it look like the magic is coming from your character. The glove would amplify spells and stuff...

REJ-
May 1, 2006, 06:23 PM
Don't force weapons already let you cast spells?

zandra117
May 1, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-04-30 20:16, DamonKatu wrote:
RAGE EXPLOSION!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/endings/ps3-crys-06.gif

VR_Pilot
May 1, 2006, 06:49 PM
As long as they have katanas I'll be happy. A Photon whip would be interesting too. That, and I wish they would restore Megid to its former glory... -_-

Axios-
May 1, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-05-01 14:17, TheStoicOne wrote:
I think there should be a spell casting glove, because I think its stupid to not be able to make it look like the magic is coming from your character. The glove would amplify spells and stuff...

On 2006-05-01 16:23, REJ- wrote:
Don't force weapons already let you cast spells?

Yeah, but I agree with Stoic on this. Perhaps they wouldn't add as much to spells as other force weapons, but it would be cool to see some sort of magic-based gauntlet. Perhaps they would only allow 1 tech slot and you could dual/mix wield them. It certainly would add some cool variety to it.

DamonKatu
May 1, 2006, 06:52 PM
Wow, thats the orignal megid?! thats kafie, my HUmar charter, special attack. but this one dosnt seem to be dark as the last megit. maybe this one was created sence the dark power was too dangerous for some to master. I didnt know that! thanks for pointing it out. n.n'

zandra117
May 1, 2006, 06:57 PM
On 2006-05-01 16:52, DamonKatu wrote:
Wow, thats the orignal megid?! thats kafie, my HUmar charter, special attack. but this one dosnt seem to be dark as the last megit. maybe this one was created sence the dark power was too dangerous for some to master. I didnt know that! thanks for pointing it out. n.n'

The original megid would take half of the HP of the entire party and most of the TP of the caster and then inflict massive damage to all the monsters in the battle. That's pretty dark to me.
http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/endings/ps3-crys-07.gif

VR_Pilot
May 1, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-05-01 16:52, DamonKatu wrote:
Wow, thats the orignal megid?!

Yeah, that's it alright. I suppose you can say that the old Megid was the equivalent of Ultima from FF. Now it's just a stupid insta-kill move. And yes, I know it's quite usefull in EP2, but still...

Ziro_Natsuke
May 1, 2006, 07:35 PM
I WANNA SEE A KEYBLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skye-Fox713
May 1, 2006, 08:36 PM
a SUPER DUPER FUSION CANNON that vaporizes your enimies and team mates if their in the line of fire with one shot of pure uncontroled and caotic thermonuclear energy. cannot make combo attack
*warning* side affects may occure consisting of canser, mutations, insanity, uforia, with posible death caused by all of the ubove with a posibel weapon malfunction resulting in absolute thermonuclear meltdown causing a thermonuclear explosion vaporizing you, your team mates, all enimies in the room and everything else in a 10 mile diameter 1 mile deep radioactive for 1,000,000 years with a chance of nuclear fallout over the entire planet. A 10% chance of weapon malfunction and 9/10 dentists do not recomend this weapon under any cercumstances unless you are suicidle or a cast type humanoied because radioactive tooth decay is a pain to clean up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-05-01 18:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-05-01 18:38 ]</font>

Alexandrious
May 1, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-05-01 17:35, Ziro_Natsuke wrote:
I WANNA SEE A KEYBLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

.....no

Long as I can make Twin sabers or in otherwords, Twin Swords, im happy.

REJ-
May 1, 2006, 09:27 PM
How about... TWIN-DOUBLE SABERS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

mechatra
May 2, 2006, 04:25 AM
Twin wield double sabers....

I'm just picturing a bunch of limbless characters running about screaming >_<

ShadowDragon28
May 2, 2006, 12:56 PM
" Nah man, We Need Photon Sword Chucks! hiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaa!" - Fighter (as a Hunter)

- "Fighter I am going to stabbity you..." - Black Mage (as a Force).

Ziro_Natsuke
May 2, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-05-02 02:25, mechatra wrote:
Twin wield double sabers....

I'm just picturing a bunch of limbless characters running about screaming >_<

yeah you would be swinging at enemies while cutting yourself. lol

what i really want to see is photon masamunes as long as sephiroths. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 05:41 PM
I'm wearing a Fighter shirt right now, and hell, I think Photon Swordchucks would be omgt3hub3rh4x0rpwn4g23!

And if the game contains a Keyblade, I'm totally microwaving the disk, the box, my PS2, and every Sega product I, and everyone I know, owns. I think it'd be some sort of violation anyway, though.

VR_Pilot
May 3, 2006, 12:57 PM
I would like to see SEGA-related weapons in PSU. I can just imagine someone swinging a Golden Axe or shredding baddies with Akujiki from Shinobi. Also, it would be cool if you had "kits" to change your PM into something else. I would LOVE to have Dytto from the Oasis series following me around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheStoicOne
May 3, 2006, 01:43 PM
Photon shurikens

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 04:47 PM
Photon Shurikens are possible, I mean they had the whole Amore Rose thing in PSO. Which would you say is more unlikely?

As for guest-appearance type weapons, I wouldn't be too surprised either.

physic
May 3, 2006, 05:00 PM
they had flight cutter which was basically a photon shuriken slicer thingy in pso, so it may make a reapearance

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I thought they should've made that throwing instead. It'dve made more sense. I mean, shurikens are more of a 'Shuriken, Shuriken, THREE Shurikens!' combo, instead of an 'omg look at it bounce lolololol' combo.