PDA

View Full Version : I am going to post...Do you have a voice?

AzureBlaze
Apr 30, 2006, 04:59 PM
It seems my use on PSU Beta has come to an end.
To everyone who enjoyed or was informed by the previous posts and shots, all the better. I tried actually PLAYING the game last night and failed. Monsters flash on and off, the ground is nothing but splintered textures and they sky is plaid. Everyone is a twitching ghost. I leveled, so I think I hit something. Not that I could tell. It runs so slow it takes 5 min to go 5foot. Boring as heck. I can't report if I can't function.

But since that Saffran post went away, I'm going to post to the BBS with my issues. I did those other posts so that EVERYone could be as informed as I was on the beta. So that maybe someone would have some input, a voice on this BBS. Will it help? Who knows, but if we dont TRY, then first, we won't be doing our part in the Beta as it said we must, and we'll NEVER KNOW if we could've made things better.

Here is the current state of the post, and if you've got anything to add or any critiques ideas w/e should be said post 'em on here. I'm not gonna actually throw it onto the BBS till later. Also if you have a better translation than what's here, I'll switch it to that if you can do JP.

The post below is done with babelfish. The line of eng is on top, and the JP line follows it so you can read along. I picked words that DONT seem to have many equivelents (at least in eng) so as to hopefully not confuse it. The point has to be persuasive AND clear.

Hello,
I have noticed *many* similar looking characters
こんにちは、私は* 多数* 同じような見る特性に気づいた

I, and many others on the Beta think that it is because the "Character Body Adjustment Tool"
ので"特性ボディ調節用具" *るとI, 及びベータの多*の他は考える

does not have an option for a large muscular character. The characters are tall and average.
大きい筋肉特性のための選択を持っていない。特性は高 *、平均で*る。

We request that the adjustment tool be altered so that you can create different looking large people.
私達は異なった見る大きい人々を作成できるように調節 用具が変わるように要求する。

(how come ALL 3 bits end with the looping 3 mark? Why are the quotes at the start instead of the end in the second bit? It this thing messed?)

What else could you say? How clear is this? Why say just this? If you look at the other posts you can see people's complaints being resolved. My shopping photos show you'll be able to buy PLENTY of stuff no matter what you are, so no worries. The weps selection is quite sweet, and we know there's enough techs. Everyone's happy with the monsters/environments etc, making this the only thing I can think of streight away that doesn't seem to have a "Future Fix Ensured"

I do have one request though.
Anyone on the beta PLEASE PLEASE do a post similar to this one. There's gotta be more then 1 dude out there clamoring for something to make it happen. Take the time. Say something. You may never know how it was answered (cant read it) but unless people speak up, nothing's gonna change. YOU MATTER. NOW is our time to matter. They ARE listening over there, you know how everyone is always complaining "ST dont listen to us blah blah" well NOW THEY ARE! It says they won't resp you directly, but you know they're reading that sucker every day.

Say something.
Not just 'kudos ST doin' fine', campaign for accessories like earrings/makeup/hats/glasses/RAcast heads whatever, you're gonna be heard! If you do post something to them, might post it here too...I'm sure people are curious, and everyone on PSOW seems helpful too with ideas.

This is your chance to say something and have it heard, beta password-owners. Take it. If not for something YOU want, take it for the community or someone you care about on it. We're all gonna be there, might as well make it great.

peenk
Apr 30, 2006, 05:05 PM
Heh,
This is exactly the reason I didnt want anyone from PSOW (non-Japanese in general) to get into bPSU.
If you cant speak Japanese, which you need to help test the game, than you dont belong in beta imo.
Now, this doesnt refer to Azure, who did incredible job as tester and info supplier : ).
I just hope there is going to be US beta.

Polly
Apr 30, 2006, 05:07 PM
This is exactly the reason I didnt want anyone from PSOW (non-Japanese in general) to get into bPSU.
If you cant speak Japanese, which you need to help test the game, than you dont belong in beta imo.

Let alone have a PC that can even run the thing decently. I just don't understand it, but whatever.

Skorpius
Apr 30, 2006, 05:13 PM
On 2006-04-30 15:05, peenk wrote:
Heh,

From what I was told, the application form for PSU had a "Non-Japanese" option in it.

peenk
Apr 30, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-04-30 15:13, Skorpius wrote:
From what I was told, the application form for PSU had a "Non-Japanese" option in it.

Then the beta would be international, no?
Then why was there no way to file application in English?
I see NO reason for anyone but Japanese players to test out a game that comes out especially for Japanese market.

Skorpius
Apr 30, 2006, 05:38 PM
On 2006-04-30 15:22, peenk wrote:
I see NO reason for anyone but Japanese players to test out a game that comes out especially for Japanese market.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=111487&forum=20&4

Good work AzureBlaze. Shows that you don't need to know Japanese alltogether to attempt to help out.

AzureBlaze
Apr 30, 2006, 05:41 PM
All the more reason to put the damm thing to good use!
Test it and do the part to put up a decent comment on it, not just 'oh yay it didnt break my system/I dont see anything wrong'. HAVE an opinion. If there's something you want and you got into beta, SAY IT. Anyone who got into this thing should know they had a bit of work for themselves in trying to put together a legible-to-jps post.

Its not like JP is mega-superior to all other countries and PSOW is a lot of incompetent morons. This place, this board has the resources to get up REAL POSTS by the real testers! There are lots of intellegent people on here who are not just freeloading this sucker for selfish interests. There are people who CAN speak good enuff JP w/o babelfish to aid those who can't in making a good post.

**We are capeable**We are competent**We are NOT inferior freeloaders**

All it takes is a bit of effort by those involved. That's why this is a community, and a damm good one. It's people working together to do stuff individuals can't. If people pitch in, work together, and actually do something NOTHING will be wasted.

RoninJoku
Apr 30, 2006, 05:44 PM
I was under the impression that living in Japan was a prerequisite for signing up for the Beta... But I could be wrong...

And yea... It's not like Sonic Team bought you a birthday gift (PSU) and you have to tell them how great it is, and how much you love it... They are taking your money so by all means find anything you can to tell them to make the game even better... Not that it really matters when you can't speak Japanese, but I'm sick of hearing that the game is absolutely perfect! Find something wrong with it then! >< Already I have problems with the game without even playing it... I feel like the people who have actually really gotten to play the game are just too caught up in it to realize it's imperfections...

RFB
Apr 30, 2006, 05:47 PM
I would like to report a little bug thingie, but neither of my webbrowsers (firefox and IE) seem to be able to load japanese characters in PSOW. Same goes for my e-mails accounts at hotmail and gmail, the JP characters will load up as random weird stuff.

Could anyone report a little issue for me at the PSU JP boards?

AzureBlaze
Apr 30, 2006, 06:01 PM
*RFB: Yes!
That's why the post is here!
This post is not here to argue over stuff at all, it's here so that other people can express what they want. IDC how many posts I gotta say, it's gettin' done.

What are your issues?
What do you want that you havn't seen AND that HASNT been covered by me that it is "likely to exist in the future?

The point of this is to compile what everyone wants to say, get someone or something to help 'em say it and give everyone the voice they need over on ST's place. I did my posts so everyone could be as educated as I was. So that everyone COULD have a legit opinion. There's more than 1 tester on the boards, so we got plenty of people to speak up, let's do it.

RFB
Apr 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
Ah, it's just a little map bug.

Parum, 2nd mission, last room before dragon. To the left of the room, there's a small area where I went to take cover from the enemies, a good bottleneck spot to snipe them from.

Well, guess what, the enemies can NOT walk in that little area. Meaning I was able to snipe all of the mobs without being hit once.

It's probably been reported already by some of the JP players, but might aswell be sure of it.

Thanks to whoever can post this at the beta forums.

kyori
Apr 30, 2006, 06:51 PM
I hate to play devils advocate here but I believe your complaints about the character creation lie on trivial as what youve observed is more or less what people would prefer to make or what the JP perfer.

AzureBlaze
Apr 30, 2006, 07:05 PM
Not everyone wants to see everyone look just like they do though.
If you prefer a guy who's not too big, that's super--but do you also prefer everyone to look just like you do? (build-wise)

They put wacky heads so if you want to stand out you can. I'm just after something that's not head with a fro or a hat the size of a microwave oven. I believe that PSU should only improve upon the PSO experience. We should NEVER have -less- then what we started with. And with the builds as they are, and lack of accessory/personality faces for humans --it's less.

*Also just as a side-note I didn't actually apply for the beta. I wouldn't of because I didn't know 100% my PC could take it, and I wouldnt want to hog a slot for someone who could actually play it with 100% positive.
Obviously it couldn't handle the game. I am actually on a shared account. The person who owns the original the account can play just fine and will comment just fine as well.

Parn
Apr 30, 2006, 07:48 PM
Lack of "accessories" isn't very accurate, considering early footage show characters wearing glasses and the like. Not all the clothing shops are accessible yet, nor is what's currently up reflective of what the final product will be like.

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050918/segab05.jpg

Alisha
Apr 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
as someone that will probally be one of the few female beasts,and one of the few racaseals on the original pso i found your posts/images very informative. i thank you.

AzureBlaze
Apr 30, 2006, 08:07 PM
Hah!
Excellent eye parn! I was hoping a proof shot like this one would come up in here! There was one a while back of a green mech-type android with big wings that aren't available on the beta or in the beta-clothing store--proving BEFORE anyone went shopping with an android that they'd have more options.

I'd say this is a prover for at least SOME type of human accessory. Lets hope they come through with masks, paint/makeup or some kind of jewelry too! But your shot definately shows they're gonna do something with it. Awesome !

So that means back to square one, the damm build slider that's lacking.
Just about everything else someone pops up and solves handily. (all the better!) I guess all the more to focus on getting the slider widened--no real need to pester them for accessories if they've already showed us they're gonna put at least some.

Skorpius
Apr 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
I don't mean any disrespect, but I think you should just let go of that body slider thing.

DizzyDi
Apr 30, 2006, 08:32 PM
On 2006-04-30 17:48, Parn wrote:

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050918/segab05.jpg

Whats his offhand weapon in that screenshot?
And Azure, I think you should complain as much as it takes about that body slider.
We need as much variety as we can get.

physic
Apr 30, 2006, 09:08 PM
definately if you ve seen any problems or even have an opinion, then try your best to get it to teh developers, they will make the descion whether they dont care, or dont want to even read it.

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 09:20 PM
http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050918/segab07.jpg And check this one out

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-04-30 19:20, TheStoicOne wrote:
http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050918/segab07.jpg And check this one out! It shows other accessories

RFB
Apr 30, 2006, 10:04 PM
Glasses... humans... hunters...
Get ready for the incoming army of Red Ring Rico clones.

patient
Apr 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
On 2006-04-30 19:20, TheStoicOne wrote:
http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050918/segab07.jpg And check this one out

Woohoo! She's cute!

Oh you mean the glasses. >.> <.< >.>

Hehe. =)

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 10:10 PM
LOL!! So CRAZY on so many levels!!

(well maybe just one)

HATS ANYONE? http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050918/segab06.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-04-30 20:59 ]</font>

Avalandiel
May 1, 2006, 03:05 AM
If you go to the Official PSU webiste and look at some of the videos you can also see glasses, hats, etc. =) I hope they don't go cheap on the clothes and accessories in the final version. Pretty much everyone on PSO all looked the same, it was like a really bad case of deja vu if you ask me >.<

~~Ava