PDA

View Full Version : A Blunt Question ^.^

Kimil
Apr 30, 2006, 07:41 PM
IS PSU FUN!!! Plain and Simple. Does the game (beta) make you have a thurst to play more and level higher? And Get Rarer Weps and become the Best Character of you class of your Crowd? Is it Funner then PSO with the Same Feel? I don't Wanna Get My hopes up about a game that's mediocer

vitius137
Apr 30, 2006, 07:46 PM
i just started pso ep 2 again and i have to say i liked ep 1 a lot more. ep 2 is garbage imo. (why am i posting this here? im not sure)

Feran
Apr 30, 2006, 09:45 PM
Well, fun = psu. You cant get much clearer. They added a whole crapload of features. Only like 1/10th of charatcer creation availble now.(Dem stinkin spellin errors...)

Shade-
Apr 30, 2006, 10:47 PM
if you like PSO you will like PSU no question about it. from what I've played, it is a more matured version of PSO. PSO seemed incomplete and rushed when you compare them. There was someone saying that PSO was supposed to be PSU, but since sega was on the decline, they decided to leave it at PSO. PSU seemes to be the fully realized idea that they had.

Tycho
May 1, 2006, 12:27 AM
If there were rares items than before, we simply wouldn't know yet. o_O;
But from what I've experienced, I'd say the game is pretty promising.

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 03:06 AM
i cant believe you asked that question. you sure your ok. PSU is what god would play if he played video games in his spare time.

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 05:30 AM
Lol, after reading Shade's post, i want Psu more then ever dammit XD
After i get Psu i'm going to kill my two legs, so i won't go to school and play 24/7 XD

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:36 AM
sleep! who needs it?

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 05:41 AM
Exactly, 24/7 is the way to go!

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:57 AM
see thats why god created coffee, even he didnt want to sleep.

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 05:59 AM
Lol, and coke, though Coffe is more...powerful XD

But we shouldn't go off topic right now, i don't have much to say, so i'll shut up >.<

PrinceBrightstar
May 1, 2006, 07:15 AM
IT was rushed. The fact of the matter is they wanted to do a quest and due to the limitations of the engine they couldn't.

voxie
May 1, 2006, 08:08 AM
A stupid question! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It's a priority!

Wavey
May 1, 2006, 08:08 AM
what was rushed? PSO? or PSU?

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 08:31 AM
On 2006-05-01 06:08, Wavey wrote:
what was rushed? PSO? or PSU?

Pso, it was rushed, and i beleive they are right, if we really think about it.

physic
May 1, 2006, 08:44 AM
uhh saying pso was rushed is kind of moot, the game been out for what 5 years? they released pso v1 v2 ep1 ep ii and bb, so yeah even if teh first was rushed, by the time they made pso ep i and ii they should have had exactly what they wanted. I think in truth psu is what they were able to do after they did pso and saw some of its faults, basically they wouldnt have come up with psu till after they did the whole pso rigamarole regardless

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 09:03 AM
Well... i suppose so..so yeah >.<;
Anyways, i guess the question was answerd, and like in many forums, shouldn't the mods lock this? I think...

lostinseganet
May 1, 2006, 09:30 AM
On 2006-04-30 17:46, vitius137 wrote:
i just started pso ep 2 again and i have to say i liked ep 1 a lot more. ep 2 is garbage imo. (why am i posting this here? im not sure)

Try epsoide 4 man...Its da bomb. Playing that renewed my pso luv.
In reply to physic
Yea there is footage of stuff that was taken out of pso. It would be cool if PSOworld made a few articles on what was taken out for what ever reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lostinseganet on 2006-05-01 07:33 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
May 1, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-04-30 20:47, Shade- wrote:
if you like PSO you will like PSU no question about it. from what I've played, it is a more matured version of PSO. PSO seemed incomplete and rushed when you compare them. There was someone saying that PSO was supposed to be PSU, but since sega was on the decline, they decided to leave it at PSO. PSU seemes to be the fully realized idea that they had.

Seconded.

And just this, if PSO gave us joy, JOY for just about 5 years, i wonder how long we'll be able to enjoy PSU. Heh, this is going to be crazy i'm sure.

Though i wonder, Will PSU be able to get Expansions? (Expansion patches and etc)

Since the data is all server-side? Or no. Infact, what makes a game patchable, what alows a game to get an expansion?

Wavey
May 1, 2006, 11:03 AM
i don't think massive patches are an option outside the pc beta's. Mainly because it does not require the hard drive on the ps2. So unless the ps2 is able to get them, I doubt there will be

Shade-
May 1, 2006, 04:19 PM
wow, not only did people understand my post but some peoples liked it? wow.

Anyway, at this point it is sort of moot if it was rushed or not, I still stand by my point that PSU is the fully (or much more) realized version of what ST wanted PSO to be. Even with the updates to PSO, they stuck with the same 5 year old game engine.
True they cant do any patch/update over, well, 8mb, but they have the option of making a "V.2" of sorts, release it on a new stand alone disk rather than the expansion pack setup you would see with a PC only game. It would contain the origional stuff, and expansion stuff, and (they better...) transfer your characters to the new account when you get the updated one. It's a more roundabout way of doing large patches/expansions, but think about it, if a year after they have an expansion for $25, they can instead release "v.2" and charge the full $50 again to ALL thier customers and they keep thier characters. Sounds pretty evil, but I'd put money on each and every one of you pick it up without a second thought XD.

Feran
May 1, 2006, 06:21 PM
Pretty sure it was said here, but here I go

Psu v.1, Psu v.2 Psu 1 &2, Psu 3 :return of the cards, Psu Red burst v.4...then Phantasy star Galaxy v.1............ect

Rofl

vitius137
May 1, 2006, 06:26 PM
actually i have never bought an expansion for a pc game. i usually get bored or run out of money when that happens.

no matter how hard i try, i cant stop making multiple characters. i can never stick with one, im always making new ones to try to get every style of gameplay i can.

Rubesahl
May 1, 2006, 06:34 PM
I'm pretty sure PSU surpasses PSO in many ways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and I'm definitely sure that this forum is gonna go crazy once its released ^.^

They can still release expansions, especially if the game gets really popular. Everquest online adventures had one expansion which was pretty much the game re-released with new areas and stuff so yeah they could do it.

As for Ep2, I loved ep 2 >_>;; My fav stages are in that episode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-05-01 16:36 ]</font>

Feran
May 1, 2006, 07:18 PM
I'm definitely sure that this forum is gonna go crazy once its released ^.^

Nah, i think this place will die for the first month or two.

No one will want to stop playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

voxie
May 1, 2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, people will be a way playing for a while, then once weve broken into our new shoes and feel more at home with the game, probably come back to the forums to organise meet-ups or further our knowledge on what else is out there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

kassy
May 1, 2006, 07:44 PM
I'd like to know what someone who's never played a PSO game would think of PSU... That’s bound to be a deciding factor in how well it does, considering there’s probably a large user base of PS2 owners who’ve never come into contact with a PSO game until now.

I guess you could argue all us PSO enthusiasts/fans are biases as it's basically just improving every element we loved about PSO

:3

electricocean
May 1, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-05-01 17:20, voxie wrote:
Yeah, people will be a way playing for a while, then once weve broken into our new shoes and feel more at home with the game, probably come back to the forums to organise meet-ups or further our knowledge on what else is out there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Knowledge? I NEED MORE KNOWLEDGE.

informmmmmmmmm meeeeeeeee.