Head?
Body?
Arms?
Legs?
Accessories?
DETAILS PREAZE!

EspioKaos
Apr 30, 2006, 08:35 PM
Different types of guards have different slots. From some translations I'm currently working on, I've seen guards that have anywhere between one and three slots -- head, arm, body, or extra. So far, I've seen no four slot guards. Just like in PSO, you can insert a unit into these slots for improved performance in a certain area. I'll be working on translations of unit names and descriptions shortly. Off hand, though, I can recall a few unit names such as Pelpa/Power, Pelpa/Hit and Meiga/Stamina.

DizzyDi
Apr 30, 2006, 08:41 PM
So, the only kinda armor you can REALLY equip is a guard?
And the accesories and such that you can equip depend on how many slots your guard has?
So...The normal slots like head, body, arms, etc. are gone?

EspioKaos
Apr 30, 2006, 08:54 PM
They call them guards in the game, but they're more or less like armor. Honestly, it seems more or less like PSO as far as armor slots and units go. One major difference though, is that only certain types of units can be equipped in certain slots. For example, Pelpa/Hit is an arm slot unit. If your guard doesn't have an open arm slot, you can't use it.

physic
May 1, 2006, 12:14 AM
so its like your "guard" is all your equipment. which may include arm slots leg slots etc, and you seem to get about 4 things you can put in your guard?

OdinTyler
May 1, 2006, 12:24 AM
If anything, it seems more like classic PS. You have equipment for your head & arms (or individual arms). This could actually be a good thing! Long have I waited for the return of such items...

_Tek_
May 1, 2006, 12:27 AM
Uh, how about re-explaining that whole elemental resistence, thing. I heard the glowing parts on the clothes was for elemental resistence. Does this only appear depending on what equipment you put on?

EspioKaos
May 1, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-04-30 22:14, physic wrote:
so its like your "guard" is all your equipment. which may include arm slots leg slots etc, and you seem to get about 4 things you can put in your guard?
Yeah, something like that. You can have up to four slots in your guard, but I've yet to see one with that many. So far, the Busters Line and Agehasenba are the only guards I've seen with more than two slots. They each have three; the Busters Line has a head, an arm and a body slot while the Agehasenba has a head, a body and an extra slot. Now, the way the units are divided up is by slot types which they can be inserted into. Head units will only fit in head slots, body units into body slots, etc. Head units seem to encompass mental power (MST, TAP), arm units cover attack (ATP, ATA), body units cover defense (DFP, EVP) and extra units cover endurance (END).

AzureBlaze
May 1, 2006, 12:37 AM
Can you see them?
What do the little slot-in things look like? Are they a gizmo-box like they were on PSO with the invisible item inside? Do you actually see your sheilds like some of the rare ones on PSO? (and if you can, do they alter their look when you slot something into them?)

EspioKaos
May 1, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-04-30 22:27, _Tek_ wrote:
Uh, how about re-explaining that whole elemental resistence, thing. I heard the glowing parts on the clothes was for elemental resistence. Does this only appear depending on what equipment you put on?

From what I understand, you can change the photon element of your clothing's SLS on the fly. It seems that certain guards have a base general defense increase which covers all photonic elements; that would be the glowing lines of the SLS. I guess you have a slightly greater defense against whichever element matches your current SLS color. However, there are some guards that have specific elemental resistance increases -- Rabol Stella, for example, which has an increased dark photon resistance. That makes me think that even if you don't have the Rabol Stella's SLS set to purple for dark photon, you'll still have that increased dark resistance if you take a dark attack.

Does that make sense?

EspioKaos
May 1, 2006, 12:43 AM
On 2006-04-30 22:37, AzureBlaze wrote:
Can you see them?
What do the little slot-in things look like? Are they a gizmo-box like they were on PSO with the invisible item inside? Do you actually see your sheilds like some of the rare ones on PSO? (and if you can, do they alter their look when you slot something into them?)

The only unit I know of that actually manifests itself on your character -- according to its description, at least -- is the Garment Aura. From what I've translated, it increases your endurance by three and gives your character a burning aura.

OdinTyler
May 1, 2006, 12:57 AM
Since you can have different elements on different guards, is it then possible to mix & match resists? Naturally, a particular resist would be higher if you equipped only 1. Is it possible to mix element guards tho?

_Tek_
May 1, 2006, 01:12 AM
Yes that's exactly what I've heard, i was just wondering if it was connected to your armor's abilities, but I guess it appears it isn't.

RoninJoku
May 1, 2006, 01:33 AM
Ah... very interesting... I wonder how this slightly new system will tie in with optimizing and maxing stats... (assuming there are max stats in the game) It will be interesting with a given limit on how many of each slot type you can equip...

EspioKaos
May 2, 2006, 10:34 AM
Take a look at this (http://www.espiokaos.com/misc/psu_database/psu_guards.html). I typed these tables up the other night as I was translating item shop screens. They include all of the currently known guards and units available in the beta. Considering this thread's topic, I figured it'd be most appropriate to post this here. Once I have more time, I plan on doing something similar with weapons, items, disks and so forth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-05-02 08:36 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
May 2, 2006, 10:42 AM
"A burning aura surrounds the body of the one who equips this unit"!?!
and thats just a unit!
I'm already head-over-heels for this game, but knowing theres a return of the flashy equipments is awesome news to me.
Btw, we're all looking foward to your up-&-coming guides, Espio.

RoninJoku
May 2, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-05-02 08:34, EspioKaos wrote:
Take a look at this (http://www.espiokaos.com/misc/psu_database/psu_guards.html). I typed these tables up the other night as I was translating item shop screens. They include all of the currently known guards and units available in the beta. Considering this thread's topic, I figured it'd be most appropriate to post this here. Once I have more time, I plan on doing something similar with weapons, items, disks and so forth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-05-02 08:36 ]</font>

Ooh, thanks Espio... I like the sound of the slot that increases tech attack speed at the cost of power.

Kano-Okami
May 2, 2006, 11:08 AM
Really? I must have overlooked it. That sounds most useful.
But then that reminds me, are the beginning techs slow as molasses like they were in PSO? Because Foie lv 1 traveled at roughly 1 mph, give or take.

voxie
May 2, 2006, 11:58 AM
Nice translation Espio, thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Looking at it, seems we have to forget the old PSO armor/guard set-up! As with the rest of the game I guess, duh :/

EspioKaos
May 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
No problem, guys. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

One thing I really like about this system is that it makes a character unable to ridiculously boost one particular stat by equipping four of the same units, for example four God/Minds or four God/Powers. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty useful being able to do that so you could reach the necessary ATP, MST or ATA to use a certain tech disk or weapon, but you've got to admit, it was just a little cheap. Not that that stopped me from doing it, but still. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I probably won't be able to work on the weapons or disk charts tonight as once I get home from work, I've got to get a little rest so I can wake up to go right back to work in the morning. I'm off Thursday, though, so I should be able to work on them then.

RedX
May 2, 2006, 12:31 PM
Awesome translation, thanks. I like the sound of this armour system to.

Skorpius
May 2, 2006, 12:37 PM
Ah, no disrespect intended, but do you know CSS? It'd not only make your HTML much more organized, but allow for faster customization of colors on your webpage.

Currently, it's really difficult to read. ;/

Kano-Okami
May 2, 2006, 02:34 PM
Be grateful he put it together. =/
He put it in tables because it was convenient for him.
However if your willing to use your CSS skills to make a more organized tablet, be our guest :3

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 05:26 PM
I just want to know if, y'know, there'll be cool visual things like Flowen's Shield. Sure, Red Ring and Kasami Bracer were hundreds of points better, but I loved me my Flowen's Shield.

Mewn
May 2, 2006, 05:48 PM
Nice translation, there. I'm looking forward to your other guides http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

therealAERO
May 2, 2006, 10:49 PM
Keep up the good work EspioKaos. I like the Green Text on Black. Its very easy for me to comprehend, and read.

Sev
May 2, 2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the info.

Going on your earlier statement about stacking units I actually have a question. Do you have any thoughts or opinions to whether or not there will be things such as SLS with Head Head Arm and such? Well, I guess from the info we have nothings proven, so the possibility is there?

InitialCat
May 3, 2006, 01:30 AM
Hm.. sounds very interesting. It is more realistic then PSO's system for sure. I also am excited about that burning aura unit...

EspioKaos
May 4, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-05-02 10:37, Skorpius wrote:
Ah, no disrespect intended, but do you know CSS? It'd not only make your HTML much more organized, but allow for faster customization of colors on your webpage.

Currently, it's really difficult to read. ;/

None taken. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I've looked into CSS, but I haven't taken the time to really learn it. To be honest, I'm impressed with its capabilities, so it's something I'd like to eventually learn. I guess it wouldn't really be that difficult, either; I just need to make myself sit down with it long enough to get into it.

On 2006-05-02 20:58, Sev wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Going on your earlier statement about stacking units I actually have a question. Do you have any thoughts or opinions to whether or not there will be things such as SLS with Head Head Arm and such? Well, I guess from the info we have nothings proven, so the possibility is there?

From the screens I've see, it doesn't look like it'll be that way. The slot type screen has all four possible slots listed: head, arm, body and extra. Each slot that the SLS has is lit up in white while the others that it doesn't offer are greyed out. So, from the way things look right now, each SLS can only have one of each type of slot.