PDA

View Full Version : From Japan With Love

linkzone
Apr 30, 2006, 09:18 PM
hey, this is a wacky idea and itd be cool if it worked. but i live in Japan, Marines put me here. Anyway, i can get a PS2 and the Japanese ver. of PSU when it comes out here. Since i have a few Japanese buddies, i can get them to translate it. i could post pictures and give translations and stuff. if ya'll think that would be a cool idea let me know.

TheStoicOne
Apr 30, 2006, 09:25 PM
That would be a great alternative after the BETA!

vitius137
Apr 30, 2006, 09:30 PM
sounds good.im up for psu info. especially full version stuff.

princejake2
Apr 30, 2006, 09:49 PM
That would be awesome.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 30, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well, if you intend to take many screenshots, wouldn't the PC version be a better choice? >_>

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 01:15 AM
true but my pc dont speak japanese.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 1, 2006, 01:18 AM
Then install the language packs? >_>

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 02:49 AM
where from?

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 05:19 AM
The Windows Xp Installer Disk, if it is XP, just run it and install the language packs.. i think..

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:42 AM
so your saying if i get the pack i can play the game when it comes out here? cause that would rule. and if it worked then id send some of them state side for my buddies here on PSOW. yeah thats rigth ill hook yall up if i can.

coomdoom
May 1, 2006, 06:08 AM
weel i'm in the UK and my laptop came with xp, i just ticked a few boxes, clicked ok, restarted my laptop and then i had all east asian languages on my laptop, so psu beta workes.

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 06:17 AM
so where are the boxes you checked. i needs to find them.

mechatra
May 1, 2006, 07:17 AM
I guess I could help out with that anyways aswell.
I've already got a preorder on the japanese version, so if you need any help with any translations if your friends arent around just ask ^_^

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 04:48 PM
thanks. ill do what i can and take help where i can get it.

linkzone
May 2, 2006, 07:43 AM
oh, if i get PSU for japan, ill have to use a japanese server right? what about when it releases in USA. can i change servers? to play with fellow americans. or am i stuck on one server?

Kano-Okami
May 2, 2006, 09:50 AM
Thats a good question, seeing how its a good chance they may be separate. I'm counting on you needing a new account, seeing as its sever-side saving. You'd have to make a new account for the american servers, which is a fatal blow to the wallet if your looking to keep both.

RoninJoku
May 2, 2006, 09:51 AM
I don't think we know if servers will be connected for sure... :/ I certainly hope they are though... I liked to use PSO to listen in on Japanese people's conversations and see how much I could make out... And I had glorious plans of trying to actually converse with them on PSU! ><

lokin_modar
May 2, 2006, 02:01 PM
Just instal IME and play it for pc. But if you can't, get a cool camera and post the screenshots, please.

Foxfire15
May 2, 2006, 02:12 PM
easiest way to get the Japaneses lang pack installed is go to a japanese website. windows will tell you needs to install the language ack to display the cahracters properly. pop in the XP disk and go from there.

mechatra
May 2, 2006, 02:33 PM
You don't even really need the XP disk to install JP support on an XP computer. The files are already installed on the machine on a standard setup, they're just not active. Just search for the files and your system should find em.

linkzone
May 2, 2006, 03:47 PM
cool thanks. i cant wait. but even if the servers are seperate ill just play offline till i can play online with USA.

Nuclearranger
May 2, 2006, 03:51 PM
It will most likely be like PSO DC or GC where you can go to japan from the US or vice versa (not confermed)

Nuclearranger
May 2, 2006, 04:06 PM
Also that would be realy realy cool if you could do that translate it for us n.n or more hopefully <no offence> sega does it for us.

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 06:45 PM
I've got my screennames and email addresses for stuff posted, so if someone in the UK would want to share their Username and Password stuff for the Beta, that'd be great. I'm only on the computer for a few hours a night, way late at night usually, and it's central times, so when I play would be around 5 AM in Europe.

Eh, just a thought. Probably absurd. Anyway, I'll be getting the US when that comes out, as I've got a preorder...

linkzone
May 3, 2006, 02:14 AM
i have a preorder from amazon, the jerks, but ill most likely buy it out in town as well. but finding it will be hard, ill have to hold up pictures of PSU to the japanese store people cause i dont speak japanese.