PDA

View Full Version : Character Input Difficulties

BahnKnakyu
Apr 30, 2006, 09:37 PM
Much like PSOBB did, this game seems to have character input difficulties stemming from playing the game on a US system with JP region configuration.

I am currently at the login screen and I'm stuck at the Link ID portion of the screen. Much like PSOBB, if I have it on English keyboard settings, the game locks me out from typing something in. If I have it on the JP IME, I don't see anything being directly typed into the text box - what happens is if I type something, a bit of text appears on the upper left (what text appears depends on which mode I use, DirectInput = English text, Hiragana = JP Hiragana, etc.). After I type my desired text in, whether it's in JP or English and I hit enter, it refuses to enter the text into the ID box.

What's going on?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BahnKnakyu on 2006-04-30 19:42 ]</font>

RFB
Apr 30, 2006, 10:08 PM
Make sure you have this activated:

In the button down there in the desktop that allows you to quick-change languages, do a right click, then configuration. Go to the advanced options tab, and make sure that the "Extend compatibility with advanced text services for all programs" is marked, activated.

Inu_Shadi
Apr 30, 2006, 10:23 PM
You have to make japanese the default keyboard language, just dont get rid of english while you do it lol

Feran
Apr 30, 2006, 10:47 PM
You may need to DOWNLOAD THIS LANGUAGE PACK*
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=EN

Step1: Go to Start. Settings, and control panel. (Or any other route you know to get to control panel)
Step2: Go "Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options" Then Regional Options.
(If your using the classic view then go to Regional and Language Options)

Step3: Under the tab that says "Languages" check the box with "Install files for East Asin languages"
Then click the button that says Details on the same page. On the Settings tab, add japanese, then click the drop down bar, and make it a defualt language, then go to advanced and click "extend support of advance.... blah blah blah. Check the top box that says that. then apply everything and it should work.

hope this helps...

Itsuki
Apr 30, 2006, 10:53 PM
You have to make japanese the default keyboard language, just dont get rid of english while you do it lol
Also, it might be benefitial to set romaji input to default.