PDA

View Full Version : PSO JK2 Mod

Deathscythealpha
Oct 11, 2002, 10:28 AM
Heres an idea thats been floating around my head for a while after playing the brilliant game, Jedi Knight 2; Jedi Outcast on my PC. Its not a definat (sp), but i needed to put this idea down somewhere.

If youve ever played multiplayer JK2, youl know that its fun, fast kick ass action with a lightsaber. If youve ever played PSO Battle Mode, youll know its slow and clunky and not as challengeing as most deathmatch games.

Now put the two together, and youve got a kick ass PSO Multiplayer deathmatch game! Imagine leaping around the forest, doing back flips and wall running while trying to take out a mate with your saber. Or running round the ruins and frying a mate with a well placed Zonde blast. It could happen.

I think this could be a good mod and alot better then battle mode. But it would need people who could skin, map and do very simple coding. Im just starting to learn how to map for Quake 3 engine games, thats why i havent posted any of these ideas before. This is not a definate thing, just a small idea i posted here to see what other people thought about it.

So, what o you peeps think?

Davion
Oct 11, 2002, 12:58 PM
Now right there is a perfect mod for JK2. I hope people who are good at modding think so too.

BWS-1
Oct 11, 2002, 04:45 PM
Personnaly I'd prefer to see a PSO mod for Morrowind ... but I guess I'm too picky, but a JK2 PSO mod would be l337!

Toyzferall
Oct 11, 2002, 08:56 PM
PSO Mods for... JK2? Or MW!? *Drools simply THINKING of those* Great ideas! Now we just needa modding team to pump those out before PSO is out to keep me from going INSANE...

RavenTW
Oct 11, 2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah, watch a HUcast spill guts on Quake 3.

If somone made a PSO mod for JK2, I would go buy that game. It's a very good idea.

Davion
Oct 11, 2002, 11:46 PM
As long as we can make our fighters look like their PSO counterparts.

Deathscythealpha
Oct 12, 2002, 12:12 PM
Id be willing to help back a team if there was enough interest and people willing to help.

It shouldnt be that hard to do most of the models and skins. You just have to study the ones from PSO. And if people didnt like a certain skin, it aint really that hard to change it if youve got any painting program.

So if theres anyone who can model, skin or code...

Toyzferall
Oct 12, 2002, 12:23 PM
I'd LOVE to help! ...But, I can't do jack crap. Sorry! ^.^;; Still, if you can get it off the ground, let us know. Sounds fun. *Imagines a conversion of TFC on HL to be TFC... With PSO classes, instead!*

BWS-1
Oct 12, 2002, 02:04 PM
HAHA I can picture my HUcast with a Snipe camping on top of a tower waving at the RAmar that is trying to snipe him, and then snipe the RAmar before he has the chance to do so XD

BANG!

IN YOUR FACE!

~RAmar has had his head shot by HUcast's sniperrifle

How ironic ...

XD

MWAAHAHAHAHA I r so 3V0L

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2002-10-12 12:07 ]</font>

War_Child
Oct 12, 2002, 03:35 PM
I'd prefer a WC skin for Half-Life http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Deathscythealpha
Oct 13, 2002, 09:12 AM
Well, im gong to lin this post to Off Topic, cause there may be some peeps there who now how to do alot of this stuff and are interested. This mod would kick ass, and be a hell of alot better then normal battle mode!

PSO Capture the Flag, WOO!

i don't think so. sorry, keep this where it's at, and don't link it in any other place. Keep topics where they're supposed to be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2002-10-13 08:34 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Oct 15, 2002, 04:56 PM
I've been tinkering with Morrowind's Construction set recently. As I was going through one of the forums, at the games homepage, looking for an answer to a question I stubled on a topic of interest. Someone there is attempting to make some PSO characters for Morrowind. Seems like someone's wish may be granted. I need to get get JK2, but I'm still more of a console gamer so I'm waiting, but the ability to mod a Star Wars game seems interesting.

Deathscythealpha
Oct 15, 2002, 05:43 PM
Hmm, have to think about getting Morrowwind on my PC, i keep hearing alot of good stuff about it. Is it online on the PC and do you have to pay fees?

This JK2 mod doesnt seem like it will pick up. Shame i wasnt allowed to link to Off Topic, i think alot of people there would of been interested. Oh well. Maybe someday...