PDA

View Full Version : The room feature

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 08:35 AM
I have been wondering, there are rooms right? Then you have closest and all of that.
That's cool and such, but i don't know if this has been asked yet, but how do you see your home? Do you just go to the city and go to your home or something? Or is it like some games, where you just 'log-in' to your room, and you can invite people and etc..

Mitz
May 1, 2006, 08:39 AM
You don't have a home. Only a room. And you can invite other players by mailing them and they can join your room by accesing the black plate in their room. click the first option, click the user to go to and tada. Works vica versa for you too. :3

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 08:52 AM
Oh, thanks, you filled me in ^-^.

TheStoicOne
May 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
SO how do you get to your room?

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 09:10 AM
Yeah, i'm wondering that now XD

Mitz
May 1, 2006, 09:27 AM
The colored diamond. Select the first option. Also it is one of the doors in PPT 1st floor.

RoninJoku
May 1, 2006, 09:53 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you can choose where you exit your room too, right?

therealAERO
May 1, 2006, 11:11 AM
colored diamond?? Your room is on the First floor and is on the East and West Sides. Two doors on each side. Any of those doors will get you in your room. Once in your own room you can decide whether or not to go to your friends room. Also if you don't have a password on your room any of the people you gave your Partner card to can go to your room. Even if you are offline.

TheStoicOne
May 1, 2006, 11:13 AM
When you save does your character go to sleep in the bed? Or do you use the bed for anything?

OdinTyler
May 1, 2006, 01:42 PM
That's a good question. I hope there's alot of interaction with your room seeing as it IS yours.

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 01:58 PM
Lol, that would be fun XD

linkzone
May 2, 2006, 03:08 AM
what about buying furnature or wall art or things of that nature?

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 05:17 PM
I'd hope they'd make it sort of interesting, sort of like FFXI. I really got into collecting furniture and such. Me and my Moogle, Mogina were close. Anyway, with a room, there should be alot less, y'know, random humping in the lobbies. [o.<]

TheStoicOne
May 2, 2006, 05:25 PM
I'm never gonna be in my room "RUN THE STREETS ALL DAY, AND I CAN SLEEP WHEN I DIE"
But really I'm gonna always be doing something different, My PM is gonna feel soooo neglected!LOL!

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 05:28 PM
I sort of liked the Mag's animal-y forms... It's a shame you have to turn your PM into a humanoid form and can't have it just follow you around looking, like, that little blue dragon-fish thing I saw in a screenshot...

TheXVeteran
May 10, 2006, 09:29 PM
Exactly how interactive is it? Are we talking sleeping, storage, pets, those kinds of things?

Zorafim
May 10, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yes, inviting people into rooms will be very... Entertaining...

*I nibble on your ear*

Feran
May 10, 2006, 10:07 PM
O.O ...

Rooms could be a good guild thing... Invite everyone for a meeting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryna
May 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-05-10 20:07, Feran wrote:
O.O ...

Rooms could be a good guild thing... Invite everyone for a meeting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Unfortunately, I think only 6 people can be in your room at one time.

As for the interactive question, you'll have a lot of control over how the room is decorated. Also, it will serve as an important point for banking and managing your partner machinery.

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 11:40 PM
by colored diamonds he means the objects that allow you to change universe (Lobby). The first "universe" on the list is your "My Room". And when you exit your room, you can go to any planet you've been to. Also, depending on what NPCs you talk to, you can teleport from your room, into cities at different parts of them. Since your room is considered a different universe/lobby, you leave party when you go to it though. But people used it for quick transportation since those diamonds that allow you to chance universe/lobby are all over the place.

EDIT: Also, its not particularly interactive. You have a "closet" that allows you to change your clothes. It brings you to like a character creator looking screen. You can't change your clothes on the fly in the middle of the open. Which is a bit of a disappointment for me (the exception to this of course was the tree by the onsen, so you can get naked and play in the onsen).

You can add decorations which you can buy from shops. Other people can buy decorations and put them on your room aswell.

The bed you can sit on, but thats about it.

Theres also of course player shops, your storage/bank, etc. Which all are done inside of your room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-05-10 21:44 ]</font>

DamonKatu
May 10, 2006, 11:42 PM
Hay, here's a good room prank. Lock the doors and lit a bad silent one out and see how many guys try to get out. Dosnt work on some androids though. XD

back on topic: So its like when you make a team room basicly. Thanks for the information. I can aleave items(like presents for instance) in their rooms? Or can you not?

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 11:58 PM
I don't think you can drop items in the rooms. Plus, anybody with the password could just waltz in and take it.

sami_pso
May 11, 2006, 03:26 PM
if you have to invite your friends then how will random people come in your shop?

plus i was wondering, will you recover hp (faster) when sitting on bed?

looking foreward to give my buddys pressies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Itsuki
May 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
you don't have to invite. Anyone with your card can enter your room at any time they want. Also, if you have a shop open, anybody that comes to browse your shop I believe has access to your room. Since your room == your shop.

Reystradamus
May 11, 2006, 03:52 PM
thas corny anybody can come up in ur room anytime they want..imma put slomin shield up on my room or have my PM ready 2 attack intruders.

linkzone
May 11, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-05-02 15:25, TheStoicOne wrote:
I'm never gonna be in my room "RUN THE STREETS ALL DAY, AND I CAN SLEEP WHEN I DIE"
But really I'm gonna always be doing something different, My PM is gonna feel soooo neglected!LOL!

I think PM neglect is wrong and should be punished by being whipped with a wet noodle. In public.

Tystys
May 12, 2006, 12:34 AM
Mmm....
Noodles.
The room feature is cool....not much use for it other than banking and PM, but it's a nice add on IMO.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 06:00 AM
if they can enter your room anytime, of course they can't access your bank or anything, right?

Rihcky
May 15, 2006, 08:18 AM
Of course they can. And they can steal your PM/

Fleece
May 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
On 2006-05-11 22:34, Tystys wrote:
Mmm....
Noodles.
The room feature is cool....not much use for it other than banking and PM, but it's a nice add on IMO.

You can turn your room into a shop where anyone can enter and buy your goods. This was all covered in a diff post.

Ryna
May 15, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-05-15 04:00, Saner wrote:
if they can enter your room anytime, of course they can't access your bank or anything, right?

That is correct. People to visit your room can buy items from the store though.

sami_pso
May 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
how can people that dont have your card enter your shop?

Saner
May 15, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-05-15 11:56, sami_pso wrote:
how can people that dont have your card enter your shop?

I guess they can't without your card.

So if you really wanna have customers, I guess you have to strategically share your card with good customers seeking beneficial sales.

but I don't think personal shops are that beneficial to the sellers. because:

1. if you sell stuff for less than the store prices, you end up losing money, though your customers save money.

2. if you sell stuff for more than the store prices, smart buyers won't buy your stuff cause they know your ripping them off.

3. rares are another matter altogether though. There might be heavy competition since these items can't be found in the city shops.

Numnuttz
May 15, 2006, 10:28 PM
after hearing this, are room/stores really nessacry? it sounds like just doing normal trading could be better. yea theres bound to be undercutting and such but that just comes with teh terriory. But by doing normal trades theres seems like there wont be as much of a hassle that room/stores seem to have.

Kyuu
May 16, 2006, 01:13 AM
I dunno... it seems to me that people who want to buy something from your shop would have to have some way of getting in without having your card. There's no way the shop system could work if only those you've shared your card with can get in and look at what you've got for sale.

Also, I'd think the primary use for the stores would be for items you make via Item Synthesis and, of course, rares. However, you could easily undercut store prices for things that are available in the store and still make a profit, considering selling those items to an NPC shop will only net you 25% of its worth. That's assuming you found it as a drop, of course.

ANIMEniac
May 16, 2006, 01:40 AM
so it sounds somewhat like an auctionhouse, but amongst your friends and they can by at said price. tho i hope they can acces the shop anytime (which is run by a PM or something) but to actualy go into the iving quarters the resident must be present. it would be cool if you could just leave a message with the PM. i wonder how guildcard storage works and what is the max amount of GC's one can hold.

Itsuki
May 16, 2006, 04:48 AM
I guess people may have forgotten to mention this, but there is a search shops option. You can search by a few different things, and if you get hits, you can enter any shop you get a search result for simply by clicking on the shop title. This allows people without your card to enter your room.

Tystys
May 16, 2006, 05:27 AM
So, what's the use of putting a shop up in the first place? O_O.
I keep reading that it's possible for people to go in my bank....why is that?

Saner
May 16, 2006, 08:19 AM
I dont think they can go in your bank. that would be stealing and they won't allow that.

They mean player's shops they set up to sell stuff they don't need.

Lyrise
May 16, 2006, 10:18 AM
They can't access your shared box at all. Of course, if you're really that paranoid, you can always lock your room. In the case that you do have a shop extension, lock the door that leads to your room. Only people who know your door passcode could get in.

RoninJoku
May 16, 2006, 10:30 AM
Hmm... I have a question... Is your whole room shared between all of the characters on your account? Or is just the item box shared?

Also, if you are browsing some random persons shop, and say... another person decides to enter the same shop... will you both run into each other?

sami_pso
May 16, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-05-16 02:48, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I guess people may have forgotten to mention this, but there is a search shops option. You can search by a few different things, and if you get hits, you can enter any shop you get a search result for simply by clicking on the shop title. This allows people without your card to enter your room.

oh thats just sweet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarbolord
May 16, 2006, 11:29 AM
No, you get a room per character, so you can have 4 totally different styles, following those of your character, from a futuristic cast beast look, to and industrial cast look, to a traditional newman look, to the normal human looking room. The bank is shared by your four characters, so you can EASILY give an item found by one to another. As for the shop, I think you won't see the other player, but you'll see object movements, so hurry before the good price goes! Correct me if I'm wrong...

Lyrise
May 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
The only time you'll see the other players, including the one who owns the room, is if they are in there. Style of your room isn't dictated by your character. It's dictated by how you choose to modify it through items that you can buy at the room goods shop. So before you ask, everyone's rooms look the same at the beginning.

Saner
May 16, 2006, 01:05 PM
everyone's looks the same? oh so even the wallpaper and carpeting is based on stuff you buy from a special shop? hmmm. sure sounds pricey, but an interesting new way to spend your meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tystys
May 16, 2006, 02:43 PM
Party at my room, woo, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saner
May 16, 2006, 02:48 PM
On 2006-05-16 12:43, Tystys wrote:
Party at my room, woo, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ya the rooms are gonna be fun! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

these features really brings the community closer together beyond lounging out in the open. Although the cities this time are much cooler, bigger and natural.

It's brilliant how they merged the lobbies with the actual towns people use to shop and stuff!

CherryLunar
May 16, 2006, 02:57 PM
On 2006-05-15 06:18, Rihcky wrote:

...Is this guy serious?

Saner
May 16, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-05-16 12:57, CherryLunar wrote:

On 2006-05-15 06:18, Rihcky wrote:

...Is this guy serious?

perhaps seriously joking. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deaf360
May 16, 2006, 04:58 PM
umm i have question i dk if this have been post if it is i am sorry but anyway...can u change the set of room?..like..wallpaper? or u only can get random room and stay like that and u only can custizume<--- i dont know how spell it lol anway.) item only? or u can custizume anything change the way ur room is? give me detal of what i can change room pls if ya can thx!!

Saner
May 16, 2006, 05:38 PM
they demonstrated many different colored rooms with different walls and floors and designs. so it looks like we can change it all.

Itsuki
May 16, 2006, 05:47 PM
You can buy wallpaper and room decorations from the shop.

Saner
May 16, 2006, 05:51 PM
wow. clothes shops and decoration shops! This will be goooood. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 05:56 PM
Welcome To Pygoras Fleece's BROTHEL!!!

Wanna cyber with a sexy HUcaseal Shes fresh out the box? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif not even been removed from the shrink wrap