PDA

View Full Version : About player-created shops.

DizzyDi
May 1, 2006, 03:33 PM
Have any of you beta-testers seen any around?
Whats the setup for 'em?
Is it like on FFXI or other MMO's where the shop is your character and people simply click on you?
Or do you set up shop in your room?

Nuclearranger
May 1, 2006, 03:41 PM
Um player made shops was only a posability said by one of the game desiners it is most likely not going to be there. Although you can allways run your own shop theres just more work for you if its not implemented into the game.

Skorpius
May 1, 2006, 04:46 PM
Ragnarok Online is probably a better example for a game that uses player created shops.

kyori
May 1, 2006, 06:02 PM
The PSU personal shops are pretty neat for what little i'll say.

vitius137
May 1, 2006, 06:23 PM
i really hope they have player shops because while i played flyff i would always sell items if i went afk. i also liked looking through other ppls shops for cheap rares or other weapons. unfortunately i got tired of that game at lvl 21 (1 lvl after you could fly)

Nuke
May 2, 2006, 11:13 AM
I personally hate the player shop systems of Ragnorok and Flyff
and R.O.S.E online, and other such mmo's where all the player
shops flood the city creating lag.

Mitz
May 2, 2006, 11:15 AM
On 2006-05-01 16:02, kyori wrote:
The PSU personal shops are pretty neat for what little i'll say.

Wait. You saw them? Where the hell are they? Lol...

patient
May 2, 2006, 11:35 AM
On 2006-05-02 09:13, Nuke wrote:

Heh!

The worst are games that let you sell directly from your character.

Like in FFXI when there are consequently like 200 mules standing around Jeuno named "sweethings", "festibalitem", "bakerysan" or my personal favorite "Lawson". (www.lawson.co.jp/company/index.html)

1 vote here for room based shops.

RedX
May 2, 2006, 11:40 AM
room based shops are a very good idea. It would be a very good use for the room.

Shrevn
May 2, 2006, 01:57 PM
Yes FFXI and Silkroad Online great examples where self shops work. Also just like WOWs Auction house is great i hope this game will at least have an auction house? anyone know of this

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 08:19 PM
I liked the shops in FFXI; they weren't too annoyingly announced and in your face, just a little symbol next to their name. But in games where there's a second name above their head, and then a special 3d graphic around them for it and all, then it just gets obnoxious...

MtrxDarkShdw
May 2, 2006, 09:28 PM
Your room should be your own store also. That would be awesome because it would be a private store where only invited people could buy from. So if someone's selling a rare and you want to buy it you have to become friends with them and so on... Well you get the idea.

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 09:30 PM
That'd make sales a bit difficult... =/

therealAERO
May 2, 2006, 10:06 PM
wow you guys are really out of the loop aren't you? http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9652/psu200605012230590202pk.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Thats my friends Player shop right there. Its in her room. You give up your room for player shop.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4530/psu200605012230570188hf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3557/psu200605012230540166jf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kimil
May 2, 2006, 10:42 PM
Lol, burn on everyone (because of Aero's Post)

Hmm, PLayer Run Shops, that brings in an economic system into the game. Then economics comes into play here; PSO would have a bit of a capilaistic sit to it because of the addition of player opperated shops. Thus us, the players, would benifit from lower prices and better deals compared to the ST (in this economic system, they would represent Government Run Companies, or Crow Corparations, like those found here in Canada) operated shops. And since there isn't the threat of worker abuse on an online game (except chinese money farmers... -_-) The abuses of Capitalism wouldn't become a factor. ^.^ As long as money can't be duped like in Preveous PSO Games, this would make for an interresting Economic system.

Would There be Advertising?! Would there be Price Regulations by ST? Could this fix the problem of over expencise clothes? ^.^

Edit: Sooo many grammar errors... Oh well, I'm too lazy to correct them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-05-02 20:45 ]</font>

therealAERO
May 2, 2006, 10:52 PM
I never really thought of that, but that makes for an interesting topic. First off would ST even go around and update the cost of things based on the player economy? If an object is in high demand would they increase the price? If it doesn't have as much demand will they lower it? That would be really awesome in my opinion. Of course it could never be real Supply and Demand, but if they notice high sales of a certain item they could bump it up a bit.

Don't mind me just thinkin...

Feran
May 2, 2006, 11:03 PM
lol guild wars has a supply/demand system for overly expensive items(Dyes/crafting materials/ect)

If people buy from the trader, it rises, sell to it, price drops.

OF course, for PSU, Im sure (Even I) could write a simple script to tell how much of a item was being sold/bought at one time. These scripts could run sequential every 5 hours or something...

zandra117
May 2, 2006, 11:40 PM
Does this mean when I make a shop my room goes bye bye until I shut down the shop?

therealAERO
May 2, 2006, 11:51 PM
That would seem how it works Zandra

Feran
May 3, 2006, 08:06 AM
lol guild wars has a supply/demand system for overly expensive items(Dyes/crafting materials/ect)

If people buy from the trader, it rises, sell to it, price drops.

OF course, for PSU, Im sure (Even I) could write a simple script to tell how much of a item was being sold/bought at one time. These scripts could run sequential every 5 hours or something...

DizzyDi
May 3, 2006, 08:11 AM
On 2006-05-02 21:40, zandra117 wrote:
Does this mean when I make a shop my room goes bye bye until I shut down the shop?

Doesn't have to be that way. You could still have a room, and simply there would be like... a symbol or something in your room that people would click on to see the items you're selling. Simple as that.

RedX
May 3, 2006, 01:39 PM
wow that is cool. Thanks for the pics therealAERO.

patient
May 3, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-05-02 20:06, therealAERO wrote:
wow you guys are really out of the loop aren't you?
Thats my friends Player shop right there. Its in her room. You give up your room for player shop.

Um... HOLY [Censored] [Censored] [Censored]~!!!!!!

/deepbreath

That is all....

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 08:14 PM
I think that's even better. I mean, sure, you have some friends over for cards, or tea, or whatever, and half your house is taken up by a huge shop terminal. So it doesn't do much for the /style/ of your home, but maybe they'll buy stuff. You can now seduce people into your Room, and then force them to buy your stuff.

DeathMachine
May 3, 2006, 08:45 PM
0.0 Wow...those are a nice pair of Mechs....How much?! What do you mean "not your fault. ST says the price should be like that!?"

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 09:48 PM
Does that display what you're actually selling, or it's just the same pic of those few weapons all the time?

Nuclearranger
May 3, 2006, 09:58 PM
my guess would be its preset weapons but this does seem cool...

therealAERO
May 4, 2006, 12:16 AM
btw you talk to the console to look at what is selling. Whoever owns the shop doesn't have to be there.

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 02:28 AM
auto selling for preset prices or a bidding system would be awsome.

TheStoicOne
May 4, 2006, 04:51 AM
Then you'll come to your room with 100k+ in the bank. Then you're like "OMG!!!!!!!I'M RICH!!!!!!"

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 05:00 AM
pazzah to that.

vitius137
May 4, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-05-03 22:16, therealAERO wrote:
btw you talk to the console to look at what is selling. Whoever owns the shop doesn't have to be there.

finally i can go out and train while trying to make moneh seling my items.

suddenly all other player shops from other games are ob-so-leet (yes, i stole that)

linkzone
May 5, 2006, 01:18 AM
my store will be called 'Wallies' (not to be afiliated with walmart). i'll start with great customer service, then when i've opened up shops everywhere, ill raise prices and not take returns, mwhhhaaaa ha ha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-05-04 23:19 ]</font>

Zelutos
May 5, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-05-02 09:13, Nuke wrote:

I hated going through town and being bombarded by lag just because of all the stupid merchants standing just off the road with really dumb shop names.

linkzone
May 5, 2006, 07:37 AM
oh that really pissed me off in GW. people trying to sell crap in local chat. they had a trade chat for that but no one used it. and i guess moderators dont exist to stop jerks from tradeing in local chat. it pissed me off so much.

kassy
May 5, 2006, 08:30 AM
The trade channel in World of Warcraft works well, as well as the auction house, I'd love to see an 'auction house' type system in PSU, doesn't look likely though.

Individual shops may prove more successful, we'll wait and see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RoninJoku
May 5, 2006, 09:32 AM
Anyone besides me not want PSU to have an economy??? :/

linkzone
May 5, 2006, 09:37 AM
sorry. but online games need a way for people to sell stuff they dont want or thats really rare. so we can get new things with out having to find it or buy it over priced from a vendor. yeah sometimes people charge too much for things but hey, you dont have to buy what they sell if its too high.

Saiffy
May 5, 2006, 09:42 AM
On 2006-05-03 22:16, therealAERO wrote:

So you can even log off and it'll stay open too?

Either way, this looks really cool!

RoninJoku
May 5, 2006, 11:51 AM
On 2006-05-05 07:37, linkzone wrote:
sorry. but online games need a way for people to sell stuff they dont want or thats really rare. so we can get new things with out having to find it or buy it over priced from a vendor. yeah sometimes people charge too much for things but hey, you dont have to buy what they sell if its too high.

But that was the beauty of PSO... (assuming you were legit) If you had a really rare weapon, it was like a status symbol... It showed that you put a lot of effort into finding that weapon(unless you just got lucky! It wasn't just like, hey, I ebayed some gold/gil/whatever currency and bought this really nice weapon without having to do any work for it whatsoever... Sure in PSO you could buy a weapon off someone, but in that scenario most likely someone just got totally ripped off...

I really don't like MMO economys... Keep those to the real MMOs...

Burn the auction houses! Who is with me? >.<

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 5, 2006, 12:04 PM
Any system that allows players to set their prices is doomed to create an inflated economy, warped by greed.

pineapple
May 5, 2006, 12:10 PM
So is there a search option for player created stores or do you just have to go to each and every store on the server looking for the item you want? Even worse, can you only enter stores of people you've traded guild cards with?

Some sort of trade standard is going to pop up one way or another, you can't really fight it. Hopefully meseta won't be worthless in this game and make the store system pointless though.

Saiffy
May 5, 2006, 12:20 PM
On 2006-05-05 10:04, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
Any system that allows players to set their prices is doomed to create an inflated economy, warped by greed.

I'd have to disagree, in EQ and FFXI, player run "shops" were actually pretty decent, or else people just wouldn't buy from said person. The economy used supply and demand very well. I hope it transits over to PSU, but I can see how you would be cautiously optimistic like this.

Plus, if they make it so there's no way to search for specific items(Like FFXI when it came to shops), the prices will be even better, since you have to run around finding items.

RoninJoku
May 5, 2006, 12:28 PM
On that note, I would much rather have player shops than auction houses... They have a much more personal feel... :/

therealAERO
May 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
hey guess what guys I'm a fool you don't give up your room at all. Its still there but you have to go through another door in the player shop.

patient
May 5, 2006, 02:28 PM
On 2006-05-05 11:56, therealAERO wrote:
hey guess what guys I'm a fool you don't give up your room at all. Its still there but you have to go through another door in the player shop.

Whooo! Thats good news.

I wasn;t too excited about my pad looking like a Turkish Bazaar.

RoninJoku
May 5, 2006, 03:13 PM
Ah, definitely good news, I would never sacrifice my room for a shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

sami_pso
May 8, 2006, 09:07 AM
wow sweet therealAERO.

anyway player shops are good, but i guess everyone is gonna get a shop lol. most with crap and too expensive or too cheap stuff. i guess there could only be a few real good shops.

looking foreward to get online play a while and buy some cheap equips from USA people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (eu myself so released later probaly).

KaiNova7
May 8, 2006, 01:24 PM
But, how much value is meseta or money in Psu? because in Pso it was not that hard to max out meseta in your bank, and what all exactly really "valuable" can you buy with meseta?...

It would be cool if you can set up a shop that will allow trades for specific items.
Example: Srank twin_for trade:MKB or Sange and Yasha..

Then players can enter one of those items in the shop, and in return receive the srank twin..

StarLionsX
May 8, 2006, 01:31 PM
O.O wow, awesome. Just like in FFXI!!! OK, I can't wait any longer!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-05-08 11:31 ]</font>