PDA

View Full Version : What are you glad about in PSU?

ChronoTrigga
May 1, 2006, 03:33 PM
Is anyone else glad that you don't have to worry about pkers coming along like regular MMORPGs, or looters? I really hated it in RO when people would come along and steal my loot. The party system is setup so you choose your team (up to six characters) and see all the other people while in the Guardian Colonies, but when down on the planet, you won't get spammed by pointless chatter of other teams or n00bs. The only drawback though is not being able to invite players mid-game probably.

But aside from my gladness, what are you glad that PSU has that other ORPGs DON'T have?

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 03:34 PM
What it has?
A good story and online community.

Thalui89
May 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
Yea im happy there will be no pkers in it, tahts way i can just sit back,relax and enjoy the game. Im also happy that the force class is the only class capable of resta. this in affect splits the force class into 2 possibly 3 parts, nukers and healers and possibly buffers. This for me enables a wider range of play. Most likely ill be a newman nuker. sinc eother classes cant use resta then it would suggest that classes work much of more effectively in grups as each class seems to have disadvantages that can only be solved due to grouping. An excellent idea from st for better team play.

Reystradamus
May 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
aint nothing 2 be happy about...untill this game is released....but with that said i cant wait till this game comes out!!!!

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 04:03 PM
Wait just a mini second, do you intend to say that Humans, or HUmars or whatever, as we could say in Psu? Human Hunters, CAN'T use Resta?
You have got to be kiddin' me.

_Tek_
May 1, 2006, 04:07 PM
for it would be the character customization.

in pso the reason I had so many characters is because I would get bored and want to try every character, just because of their designs.

but in psu, everyone pretty much shares the costumes, so I will only need 1 of each race this time.

RoninJoku
May 1, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-05-01 14:03, Sessilu wrote:
Wait just a mini second, do you intend to say that Humans, or HUmars or whatever, as we could say in Psu? Human Hunters, CAN'T use Resta?

From what we have seen so far, no, they can't... But not just HUmars... Hunters and Rangers all-together have no resta (or any tech for that matter)

And that would fall into what I'm unhappy about... Also, I'm a little bit unhappy with the scope of character proportions...

Other than that, everything I know I am happy about! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-05-01 14:09 ]</font>

_Tek_
May 1, 2006, 04:09 PM
Thus giving forces way more importance than before.

Tomeeboy
May 1, 2006, 04:53 PM
I think the new loot distribution features are nice. The way loot was distributed in PSO always made me prefer soloing, being a ranger and all.

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:06 PM
im glad they kept the mag thing, calling it a PM now, but i always like having a partner with me everywhere.

linkzone
May 1, 2006, 05:06 PM
im glad they kept the mag thing, calling it a PM now, but i always like having a partner with me everywhere.

voxie
May 1, 2006, 05:27 PM
I'm glad items can be given out randomly. Saves a lot of 'trust' issues within gameplay.

And I'm glad about the advanced mags/bank system it has.

And I'm glad PSU is coming out on the same year I graduate and finish school. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Maybe...

RFB
May 1, 2006, 05:53 PM
The only drawback though is not being able to invite players mid-game probably.

You can, if you have their guild card. Besides, people can join an already going game. Wouldnt be the first time I join a game, just to see the "Mission complete" message 5 seconds after I join o_O

Im also happy that the force class is the only class capable of resta. this in affect splits the force class into 2 possibly 3 parts, nukers and healers and possibly buffers.

Not really. you can keep, say, a healing wand, a buffing wand, and then 4 nuking wands.

Quote:

On 2006-05-01 14:03, Sessilu wrote:

From what we have seen so far, no, they can't... But not just HUmars... Hunters and Rangers all-together have no resta (or any tech for that matter)

And that would fall into what I'm unhappy about... Also, I'm a little bit unhappy with the scope of character proportions...

Other than that, everything I know I am happy about!

Actually, I like that. I remember back in PSO v2, Ruins Ultimate, in the end, my FOmarl only had time enough to cast Jellen + Zalure on mobs, before the HUs & RAs would clear them all out. I could get one nuke spell out, if I was lucky. Now, the FOs are REALLY needed in a team, you REALLY need Resta, as well as the nukes (FOs in this game deal INSANE damage).

Personally, I'm glad that the game is a heavily improved version of PSO, which is exactly what I was looking for. It's reached my expectations, and more.
And also, I'm VERY glad that the enemies now arent as dumb as they used to be in PSO (insert Booma turning around himself here), and that they can actually have many special attacks, which they will use a decent amount of times. Not too many, not too little.

VR_Pilot
May 1, 2006, 07:13 PM
On 2006-05-01 14:08, RurouniJoku wrote:

Thats really sucks. One thing that I liked about PSO is that it was not like other online RPGs. You could have fun playing solo or going multiplayer. I would have prefered limiting tech usage rather than scrapping it altogether for Hunters and Rangers.

At least I'm happy about selecting a voice for your character... As long as they're in japanese.

electricocean
May 1, 2006, 07:18 PM
that it's not midevil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nuclearranger
May 1, 2006, 07:47 PM
loot distrobution is cool

Sessilu
May 1, 2006, 07:52 PM
Oh well..bye bye resta..welcome monomates <.<;

peenk
May 1, 2006, 08:02 PM
Glad for the fact that characters are going to be saved on a server instead of lame memory card.
Wish they made it 'HD required' as well but oh well, I'll try and get it for PC anyway.

ChronoTrigga
May 1, 2006, 11:16 PM
I'm also glad that this games offline story hasn't been spoiled one bit by Sega. That's awesome. Anyone else agree?
Another thing I'm glad about that I've heard so much about is the weapon refining. Now you can refine weapons w/ chances of losing them. Grinders on PSO were way to easy. And the fact that meseta has REAL value in this game, not some stupid Photon Drop. The most photon drops I've ever had in PSO were 5, and I never needed them because I could get most of the stuff myself and donations from my Team Dreamstation.

linkzone
May 2, 2006, 03:10 AM
Im glad they kept the mag theme, call it a PM now, but its about the same, only better.

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 08:38 PM
Rappies. Need I say more?

Timothy
May 2, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-05-01 18:02, peenk wrote:
Glad for the fact that characters are going to be saved on a server instead of lame memory card.
Wish they made it 'HD required' as well but oh well, I'll try and get it for PC anyway.

I totally agree with you, it's one of the best thing sega did with PSU.
Its will definitly lower the cheat & hack.

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 09:28 PM
I fear someone'll still find away, but worry not good people, there'll always be Rappies to keep our spirits up!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-05-02 19:29 ]</font>

linkzone
May 3, 2006, 02:15 AM
i hope they have the christmas rappies and easter ones, and things of that nature. what do you think they will do for holidays and what not?

voxie
May 3, 2006, 05:55 AM
Hate to say it but...

I'm glad PSU is taking its time to come out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No rush... But, I just hope that the end product really doesn't have holes in it.

Reystradamus
May 3, 2006, 04:45 PM
im glad that each race/class plays a important part in a group..i remember in pso you could just do about anything with a female hunter...or a ranger....so u didnt really need forces...when i was a force..only people who loved me were the dam androids.....but now forces play a more important role as opposed 2 just somebody who just looks on...while everybody else iz attacking a monster with their fancy toys.

Sessilu
May 3, 2006, 04:59 PM
True that, Psu is going to be a 'revolution' indeed XD

Deaf360
May 3, 2006, 05:07 PM
i'm glad PSU is gonna to be Big world now..and i am glad that lobby is enchanted can hold 100 ppl! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif..and....rappies is still in PSU!

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 08:12 PM
Hey, I saw some guy in his house drop-kick his PM in a video. Do you think actions will now be useable anywhere? Or at least anywhere where you don't have your weapon, like cities and houses.

voxie
May 3, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-05-03 18:12, VelosofLight wrote:
Hey, I saw some guy in his house drop-kick his PM in a video. Do you think actions will now be useable anywhere? Or at least anywhere where you don't have your weapon, like cities and houses.

In BB you could use actions on the battle field right? I'm sure it'll be similar with PSU, can't wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 08:16 PM
Aw sweetness, that's awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

At the time of Blue Burst, I didn't have a computer with decent specs or anything, so I did not know that. But really, how many kinds of actions you think they'll have? A few hundred I hope! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 02:20 AM
i think they should have hand shakes, hugs, waves, and dance routens and etc.

JAR
May 31, 2006, 08:17 PM
High fives and thumb ups.

HiKeRI
May 31, 2006, 08:22 PM
If they make dances it'll look weird but fun ?

justinbrady
May 31, 2006, 08:40 PM
i am looking forward to opening shops. customizing my room. not raiding..and not having 39 other people tell me when i have to get on and cant have any a social life. the graphics. class changes....love switching up the game...i plan to be a human to be more versatile. HOPEfullu high level cap. maxing out is the WORST part of a MMO. thats when it ends and get boring. single player. downloadble maps......ZILLION MORE ZOMG <3 psu

HiKeRI
May 31, 2006, 08:46 PM
Im not glad because my hamster wont be on PSU T.T

Tystys
May 31, 2006, 09:11 PM
I'm glad that there's a possibility it's being released this year.

Keyeszx
May 31, 2006, 09:16 PM
y won't ur hamster be on it

HiKeRI
May 31, 2006, 09:19 PM
Because i saw a sign saying "No Hamsters allowed" and on tiny letters on the bottom said "Sega will ban you if you have a hamster with you on PSU" I WANT FURBALL ON PSU *CRY*

Tystys
May 31, 2006, 09:30 PM
He doesn't have to be a hamster.
WE CAN REBUILD HIM
WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

zandra117
May 31, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-05-31 19:30, Tystys wrote:
He doesn't have to be a hamster.
WE CAN REBUILD HIM
WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/244570/2/istockphoto_244570_robot_mice.jpg

Keyeszx
May 31, 2006, 10:47 PM
yes then we can name it darth hamster

TheGreyCliche
Jun 1, 2006, 12:21 AM
i'm glad that... wait, hamsters? well, i for one am excited about the creation system. I also can't wait to try out the new beast character. But i really can't wait for the class system, now even Casts can be forces, which is kind of interesting, yet also kind of scary... i wonder how that will all turn out...

Shrevn
Jun 1, 2006, 11:15 AM
The fact that its a real upgrade from the redone reworked PSO game over and over and over again.

Saner
Jun 1, 2006, 02:02 PM
ya everything about PSU will be great offline and online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

it's very refreshing they started over with a clean slate and enhanced the foundation PSO started.

now it's really feeling more like a Phantasy Star.

uhawww
Jun 1, 2006, 02:18 PM
Gush time...

I love the open Targetting System. Hit whatever is in the way, free of melee weapon range restrictions. If there was one thing that kinda irked me about PSO, was thet I'd have a rockin' saber-type weapon, but would always fall back on sword/partisan type since you are placed in so few "single target" situations.

Bigger Groups, more chaos.

More dynamic outfit/customization selections. I was really pleased when in latter iterations of PSO, special weapons got custom models, and things like special shields, armor effects, etc became visible on the character. PSU is shaping up to be a simply sublime communication experience. Cut-In chat is a plus as well.

Loot rules are great.

PC version, as opposed to PC Port. The visual style of this game screams pointed and intentional processing only building from the ground up on PC specs can provide.

New guild card/Friend management system is intuitive.

PSU will give me a reason to put FFXI down for a while.

Saner
Jun 1, 2006, 02:45 PM
and I also love the vastly improved character creation. the models look more natural and the options are more deeper and customizable than before.

the clothes are also much better and there's so many improvement in all categories that this will be soooo wonderful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

like the lobbies ingrated into cities players can hang out and meet and shop, etc. etc. and the my rooms and stuff really makes the lobbies feel more like home instead of dungeon blocks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kers
Jun 4, 2006, 05:31 PM
On the topic of healing with Resta being Force only and Hunteres and Rangers using mates..what's the maximum amount you can stack an item -mates, fluids, ect..- in PSU. Is it 10 like PSO?
Sorry i didn't spend enough time finding my answer already posted under another topic.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 05:33 PM
20 i believe is what was said

Roken
Jun 4, 2006, 07:43 PM
Things I'm glad about:

- Deep customization- one of the 'main' components I believe should be in almost every MMORPG which its not, my reasoning for saying this is basically because its a story about 'you' or a character that you wish to create, come to life and play, going under the trials and tribulations through stories, quest, and traveling and all, but it doesnt really feel 'epic' if you see 20 other characters which look just like you in every area you enter. Whether it be the same hairstyle, same armor, or exactly the same period.

-Story- Aside from FFXI, I havent really played any other MMORPG with a great story, or even sometimes a story at all. It seems PSU will have a great story both on and offline.

-Vehicles- Being able to ride certain vehicles online with others in them, such as a tank and all, or especially bikes and hoverboards(?). There was some discussion on not being able to ride them online, but I read in a magazine artcile that you will be able to.

-Large Universe- Each world seems to have tons of things to do, as well as being able to travel to each other world as well as the Space Colony ( where I believe you begin at ? )

-My Room- Having your own customizable room and all, which I loved in FFXI, however unlike FFXI, you can have guest inside, as well as having people in it while your not there.

-PM- Just like mags from PSO, even though I never played it online or was able to get deeper in it, I like this part of the game greatly as well. Not sure if you can fight with them though yet.

Thats all for now

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 07:59 PM
-PM- Just like mags from PSO, even though I never played it online or was able to get deeper in it, I like this part of the game greatly as well. Not sure if you can fight with them though yet.

PMs are a bit different from mags. Your Partner Machinery stays in your room, and does not modify your stats as all. It takes care of the new Synthesis system, where you give it recipes and items, and it can create weapons/armor/etc. for you. You can evolve it to a combat form eventually, which, from what I've seen, looks like a miniature humanoid robot rather like a cast. Then it can follow you on missions, but it will just be there to be a side-kick; it won't float behind you or modify your stats. Hopefully it will be kicking some butt though. =)

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-06-04 17:59, Kyuu wrote:

PMs are a bit different from mags. Your Partner Machinery stays in your room, and does not modify your stats as all. It takes care of the new Synthesis system, where you give it recipes and items, and it can create weapons/armor/etc. for you. You can evolve it to a combat form eventually, which, from what I've seen, looks like a miniature humanoid robot rather like a cast. Then it can follow you on missions, but it will just be there to be a side-kick; it won't float behind you or modify your stats. Hopefully it will be kicking some butt though. =)

Is it just me or does it scream moogle???

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 09:58 PM
On 2006-06-04 19:52, Ferali wrote:

Is it just me or does it scream moogle???

o_0? I never played FFXI, so I have no idea what a moogle does, and therefore cannot comment on whether or not there are similarities. =P