PDA

View Full Version : Technique attacks

REJ-
May 1, 2006, 06:27 PM
How do the Techs work in PSU?
What ones are in PSU?
Can hunters/rangers still use them?
What determines how much damage they do?
Do they still have any special effects like freeze/shock? or any new effects?

vitius137
May 1, 2006, 06:49 PM
On 2006-05-01 16:27, REJ- wrote:
How do the Techs work in PSU?
What ones are in PSU?
Can hunters/rangers still use them?
What determines how much damage they do?
Do they still have any special effects like freeze/shock? or any new effects?

techs are equipped to wands (you can equip up to 2)
zonde still parylizes, barta freezes and now foie has a burning effect. thats all i really know.

RFB
May 1, 2006, 06:51 PM
Neither hunters or rangers can use them, only forces.

TheStoicOne
May 1, 2006, 06:54 PM
Techs are now bound to force weapons, the weapons have a certain number of slots for spells, which you then buy the spell disks, use them (blah..blah...blah like PSO) however you then have to put the spell onto the said force weapon.

All spells have not been released yet so there is no way of knowing yet.
From what BETA testers have said Hunters/Rangers cannot use spells

Right now we only have speculation as to what determines Tech damage

Yes, and they have actually added a few, from what I know Foie now has an ailment for the Object that gets struck with it. Other new ones I'm not so sure about. But they do still have the same effects as the ones in PSO, Shock, Paralysis, Frozen...etc

RFB
May 1, 2006, 07:03 PM
I've seen 3 new effects, myself:

-Flames: think of it like a poison, but with flames, and eventually extinguishes. Deals a bit of damage every few secs.

-Unknown: No, really, I have no idea what the hell that effect is. A weird effect, I have only seen on mobs that have been hit by certain spear weapons. It's like some sort of Dark Aura surrounding the enemy. Dont know what is it for, but it is there.

-Stun: The miniboss at the Relics area, sometimes sends forward a shockwave with his sword. If you're hit, and unlucky, not only will you take damage, but also, you'll be stunned: cant move, attack, take items, nothing at all, for a few secs.

mechatra
May 2, 2006, 04:16 AM
There's a trap that has a virus effect that's sold in shops. That may be the dark aura you're talking about?

linkzone
May 2, 2006, 04:27 AM
so what do hunters and rangers get to counter balance forces using techs?

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 05:53 PM
Actually, there are no classes, so I don't know how only Forces could use them. As long as your MST is high enough to use a wand, you should be able to cast Techs. Beasts and Casts have Nanoblast and SUV-weapons respectively, though, so whether or not they'll have Techs at all is debatable.

Brus
May 2, 2006, 05:56 PM
ACtually there are still classes, the only difference is that you can switch between them now. so no, Rangers and Hunters cannot use techs.

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 06:21 PM
Hm, perhaps I misunderstood...

Ryna
May 2, 2006, 06:22 PM
Unlike PSO, you are free to change your job (hunter, ranger, force) at any time. Only Forces are allowed to use techniques.

VelosofLight
May 2, 2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I went back and looked at the Race / Class thread. I see that non-Forces have Photon Arts instead. It feels a bit FFXI-ish to me, where non-mages would normally use Weapon Skills. Then again, Mages had them too, but they were terrible. Anyway, I can't wait to see how the FOcast thing works out.

'Hey man, what's the FOcast for today?! Oh, a 65% chance of Technique-y death, with lows around the temperature of cold steel.'

beatrixkiddo
May 3, 2006, 04:14 PM
I'll post a few pics of my FOcast later maybe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 04:31 PM
I still think the joke was funny, but hey, please do.

physic
May 3, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-05-02 16:22, Ryna wrote:
Unlike PSO, you are free to change your job (hunter, ranger, force) at any time. Only Forces are allowed to use techniques.

do you mean anytime, including dungeons or th emiddle of a heated battle

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 04:37 PM
I think you have to go to your room and get your PM to do it, sort of like it was in FFXI. Or something like that. I doubt you can just randomly change it on the fly. That'd actually be sort of suicidal, since carrying everything you could possibly use for any job would fill up your entire inventory pretty quickly.

oShojino
May 3, 2006, 07:25 PM
You can only change your class if you're not in a mission and you have to go to the guardians colony 5f to do it. Techs are force only, wands hold two staffs hold four. Rangers get elemental PA's so they're a bit more like forces. Im hoping as you level up your class you get more access to other weapons, so that eventually a hunter or ranger could use magic.