PDA

View Full Version : Offline play

REJ-
May 1, 2006, 09:40 PM
Is there any chance of an offline multiplayer mode being put into PSU? Multiplayer Extra mode, Story mode with other players controlling NPCs, or even other players playing as you PM. Anything at all would be nice, cause the offline multiplayer was probably the highlight of my PSO gaming, and it would make a good adition to PSU.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 1, 2006, 09:46 PM
Yea, that would be nice if one of your friends could grab a controller and start playing as one of your partners... But something tells me there will be no such option...

REJ-
May 1, 2006, 10:39 PM
Dang, I guess I could just rent it and play single player, since I've been having some second thoughts about going online.

Espilonarge
May 1, 2006, 11:14 PM
I'm afraid the most likely answer is no. The reason being is after what happened with PSO, I don't think Sega/Sonic Team would like to deal with the same isssues again. Even then its stated that you need an online connection for the Multiplayer aspect of PSU.

Now I don't want to be rude but can there seriously be a rule about "questions" like these? Most people don't relise these types of questions have been already asked and a search would reveal that.

_Tek_
May 2, 2006, 12:09 AM
If only atleast allow 2 player offline.

Hey, about xbox, didn't Live feature 2 home players for online games? That was cool.

linkzone
May 2, 2006, 02:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm afraid the most likely answer is no. The reason being is after what happened with PSO, I don't think Sega/Sonic Team would like to deal with the same isssues again. Even then its stated that you need an online connection for the Multiplayer aspect of PSU.

Now I don't want to be rude but can there seriously be a rule about "questions" like these? Most people don't relise these types of questions have been already asked and a search would reveal that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What happened in PSO?

Espilonarge
May 2, 2006, 08:24 AM
On 2006-05-02 00:55, linkzone wrote:
What happened in PSO?
Insane duping, FSOD, exploits, etc, etc..

physic
May 2, 2006, 08:32 AM
having offline mode in and of itself doesnt lend to duping, its the taking of offline information online that opens the door for duping. that being said spit screen on pso was very bad, the guy on top cant see half teh monsters, and teh guy on teh bottom cant see half the drops.

Zarbolord
May 2, 2006, 09:24 AM
And on PC it would be very hard to do unless you have offline connection, anyone have 6 PCs in their room?

Skye-Fox713
May 2, 2006, 04:14 PM
well sece this is about offline play i wonder if sega & sonic team will include the shorcut actions to cheer and break dance and ect... like i have seen is some screen shots of people cheering and break dancing cause that would be a nice boues over PSO. It is probably very doutefule that they will at this feature for the offline story and extra modes, but if they do i hope they have it for extera mode at the least^-^

Reystradamus
May 2, 2006, 04:19 PM
y would u want multiplayer offline...when the point of the game is to multiplay online..i dont see a big deal though...but spilt screen suckz

QuadTail
May 2, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-05-02 06:32, physic wrote:
having offline mode in and of itself doesnt lend to duping, its the taking of offline information online that opens the door for duping. that being said spit screen on pso was very bad, the guy on top cant see half teh monsters, and teh guy on teh bottom cant see half the drops.

Um, yeah, split screen with 2 players was nasty... But if you played 4 players it was alot better!