PDA

View Full Version : Rarity level?

Arisu
May 3, 2006, 11:54 AM
As a hardcore PSO player back in the day, what kept me going for four-fiveish years was the goal to collect many many rare things including things that had let's say a 1/12400 drop rate? Though never accomplished, the venture with people and friends kept it fun. But tired of the constant hackers, I switched to FFXI, which at this point is depressing. As much rare things as it has, you don't really have the place to store it, and even then a harder time at obtaining things if you don't have the 'right' group of people to go after anything.

Anyhow, in MMO's I live to hunt rare things, it's just a goal of mine, and the way PSO had it set up in I & II, was wonderful. You could hunt alone or with groups but even without a drop from a rare Hildetorr, or from just a silly outrageous drop rate, it was just fun. To those who understand my feelings, it's cool. But yea. . . What about PSU, will PSU have the same basis? Will I be able to go on endless hunts and ventures? Will I be able to try and obtain the most rare of things from the most silly of ways? Yea, just wondering. LoL

Sev
May 3, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll have fun hunting down rare items in this game... As weapons themselves seem rare. I'm sure as the levels increase items will be easier to find, however rare items are still going to be just that. Rare.

Solo play seems like it'll be difficult though. So you may need to hunt with groups constantly.

Zephyr_
May 3, 2006, 12:11 PM
Solo is not difficult, so to say. I mean, good luck trying to solo that area with monsters 20 levels higher than you, lol. But, for an area with monsters around your level, it is easy to play. Not to mention you can bring your character's NPC into the game to help you (somewhat...). Not to mention your PM can also join you in-game.

Sev
May 3, 2006, 12:23 PM
I'd just imagine the harder to find rares will be harder to get to. It all depends on the area like you said, but in most lower areas I don't think you'll find what you're looking for. At least probably not weapons and such. I wonder if there is a point where your high enough to be fine in most areas on your own though.

I did completely forget about the PM though, and I don't know how often you can bring an NPC into your party.

kassy
May 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
Best thing about PSU rares is….no drop charts!

Sure after playing PSO for 5 years they were a help, but as a PSU player I'd like to discover drops as a community, and not have the ability to simply look up an item's drop rate in a matter of seconds, takes away from some of the fun and mystery, at least for me.

physic
May 3, 2006, 12:32 PM
ehh drop rates arent really bad to know, otherwise you begin to wonder if drops really exist, a la sealed jsword

RFB
May 3, 2006, 01:22 PM
On 2006-05-03 10:23, Sev wrote:I don't know how often you can bring an NPC into your party.

From what I've seen, add whenever you feel like it, dismiss whenever you feel like it (which usually is before bosses).

Sev
May 3, 2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the info RFB. Will it work the same with your PM as well? Or has no PM reached the level yet to tag along for missions and such?

RFB
May 3, 2006, 02:27 PM
Nope, no PM evolved up to that point, that I know.

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 04:34 PM
Only one thing, I'm pretty sure the Ryuker/Telepipe trick will be good and dead. Ah well, it was fun for the decade or so that it lasted.

PSO ---> V2 ---> Ep. 1 & 2. ---> Present Day

Well, I dunno, they had their chances. Maybe Sonic-Team liked it?

Arisu
May 3, 2006, 11:17 PM
Hmmm, tempting, very tempting. . . Won't their be like an offline 1-4player mode or is this mainly online? But the fact that their are challenges and many rare things to look forward to make me shiver with joy.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 3, 2006, 11:26 PM
On 2006-05-03 14:34, VelosofLight wrote:
Only one thing, I'm pretty sure the Ryuker/Telepipe trick will be good and dead. Ah well, it was fun for the decade or so that it lasted.

PSO ---> V2 ---> Ep. 1 & 2. ---> Present Day

Well, I dunno, they had their chances. Maybe Sonic-Team liked it?

You forgot BB, in which piping for rare enemies does not work. Actually, it never worked online, and BB is online only, so that's why. However, Bb still has the "use pipes to get through doors/fences" glitch. :

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 02:34 AM
what other glitches are there? i know its abit too early to ask that though.