PDA

View Full Version : Next-gen psu?

DikkyRay
May 3, 2006, 05:31 PM
I forget where i heard this but..... I heard that psu MIGHT be on next gen consoles, as wll as pc and ps2. This true?

Ryna
May 3, 2006, 05:32 PM
Phantasy Star Universe will also be released for the XBox 360.

voxie
May 3, 2006, 05:59 PM
*pokes Dikky* hiiiyaaaa~

Yeah 360, and we're all hoping it hits the Nintendo Wii too... C'mon E3, hurry it up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VR-Raiden
May 3, 2006, 05:59 PM
ZOMG ITS DIKKY! lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

yeah its going to be on Xbox 360 but the servers for PS2 and PC are separate from the Xbox 360 version.

Nuclearranger
May 3, 2006, 06:06 PM
For some reason i doubt it will be on the Wii ...

Ryna
May 3, 2006, 06:08 PM
There have been no announcements for the Revolution or PS3 yet.

DikkyRay
May 3, 2006, 06:08 PM
Ow vox lol. and ZOMG ITS VR!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111one . Will it be on rev/ps3?

voxie
May 3, 2006, 06:09 PM
Dikky, rev is the wii lol

VR, where? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And have faith in PSU Wii!

EDIT: Okay just scrolled and saw VR! *poke*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-05-03 16:15 ]</font>

linkzone
May 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
i cant believe they change the rev to wii. its strange. but i do hope they release it for the 'wii'

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 08:09 PM
I doubt the 'Wii' will have many games released for it and multiple consoles, becaues of the unique controller style and how you play it and all. It just wouldn't match. However, I think eventually, there will be some sort of Phantasy Star game for it. Maybe when people start getting bored of Universe (gods forbid!).

voxie
May 3, 2006, 08:12 PM
On 2006-05-03 18:09, VelosofLight wrote:
I doubt the 'Wii' will have many games released for it and multiple consoles, becaues of the unique controller style and how you play it and all. It just wouldn't match.

Ah, but that's what they thought about the DS, which is selling better than the PSP, apparently?

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 08:15 PM
True, I see DSes everywhere now. Personally I thought it'd be a flop. Maybe you'll be able to play PSU on the Revolution by using a Gamecube port and a more conventional controller? :-/

TheStoicOne
May 3, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-05-03 18:15, VelosofLight wrote:
True, I see DSes everywhere now. Personally I thought it'd be a flop. Maybe you'll be able to play PSU on the Revolution by using a Gamecube port and a more conventional controller? :-/

]
-_- a remote...

REJ-
May 3, 2006, 09:14 PM
The Revolution controller, could work really well with PSU, it's just up to ST to do the controlls right.

VelosofLight
May 3, 2006, 09:45 PM
Well, I'd be curious to see how that'd work out then. I don't know enough about the Revolution / Wii to be able to really determine that for myself. Obviously, none of us have played it yet, so the problem here is obvious.

McLaughlin
May 3, 2006, 10:37 PM
The Wii controller/Remote also has a joystick attatchment, and you can plug in any old Gamecube controller. So the controls aren't an issue.

DS > PSP. All the PSP is is a glorified DVD player/Portable pr0n player.

Reystradamus
May 4, 2006, 01:08 PM
the only next gen console it will be on is the XboX 360 for now.....but they should of also made this game for the Gamecube..i rememba gamecube had PSO 3 card revolution which was an exclusive...so i wonder why....did they get shafted on PSU??...and i wonder if this game is supposed 2 be last for several years...and the ps2 is gonna die out soon with ps3 rollin out...will the ps2 users get shafted later on?

RFB
May 4, 2006, 01:29 PM
They've left aside the GC, because the support Nintendo has given the online capabilities of it are, at least, laughable. The amount of people that owns a GC with a modem or broadband adapter is ridiculously low. Not a really interesting market.

Reystradamus
May 4, 2006, 01:34 PM
that maybe True...but didnt PSO1n2 sell better for GC than the XBOX...And I still think alot of people still play it currently online for GC...i just thought they were cool with ST..i mean i wanted PSO3 card revolution....but didnt have a GC...by the way was PSO3 card revolultion a good game?

RFB
May 4, 2006, 01:40 PM
Well, Apparently Yuji Naka prefers to work with Nintendo rather than with Sony or Microsoft.

Besides, looks like a nice bit of the old DC players got themselves a GC, and they thought it could be an interesting market. Apparently, it wasnt. And I guess they had a good enough success with PSOBB to keep it going for PC.

After all, SEGA is a company and looks for our $$$, and if they no longer find it profitable to release for GC, they will not.

physic
May 4, 2006, 01:48 PM
They only chose PS2 because it had such a large market, keep in mind this is also an offline rpg, they wanted to sell it to teh most people. For an MMO pc is an obvious choice with less costs than making a console game (dont have to pay royalties to sony or GC) not to mention it is teh norm, and lends itself better than most current consoles. the Xbox 360 is probably because its out now while they were making it. I think if rev and PS3 were out, theyd probably put it on those systems as well. Since this is ORPG the game will probably be out for at least 4 years, probably more. so the ps2 is probably the only old gen console they would develop this for. Dont be surprised if it gets a ps3 port. maybe Wii too, but since Wii seems to be downplaying regular games, maybe not.

Axios-
May 4, 2006, 02:02 PM
I really hope that PSU sees Wii. Regardless of whether it uses the new controller functionality or not, I think it'll be good for both companies. Besides, Sega and Nintendo have aligned so closely with each other in recent years that it should be a given that some PS game will arrive there. Hell, we're not far from seeing Sonic mix it up in Smash Bros. I posted a question about this in the interview with Takao Miyoshi thread. I truly hope that my question gets asked as it is very important to me and many of my friends.