PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about "Save This World" ?

scott1114
May 3, 2006, 05:58 PM
What do you think bout save this world? I personally find it good, since we dont know about the game's story so far, but from ST it could just be a random tune made till we wait for the game...

voxie
May 3, 2006, 06:01 PM
Save the World is ok (it'll grow on me I think). I wonder if they will get an English singer for the Western release though. From what I remember the Japlish was kinda strong. Not that I have a problem with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-05-03 16:03 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
May 3, 2006, 06:09 PM
I liked it

DizzyDi
May 3, 2006, 06:09 PM
Wheres the LOLOXORZ IT SUXORZ~~!!! option?
I think its horrible.

EspioKaos
May 3, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-05-03 16:01, voxie wrote:
Save the World is ok (it'll grow on me I think). I wonder if they will get an English singer for the Western release though. From what I remember the Japlish was kinda strong. Not that I have a problem with it.

"Save This World" is sung completely in English by American vocalist Kelli Sae. Incidentally, I think the song is awesome. I know I'm one of the few, but I'm definitely not afraid to show my love for it.

voxie
May 3, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-05-03 16:15, EspioKaos wrote:
"Save This World" is sung completely in English by American vocalist Kelli Sae. Incidentally, I think the song is awesome. I know I'm one of the few, but I'm definitely not afraid to show my love for it.

Hmm. Well I'll have to listen to it again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Neith
May 3, 2006, 06:41 PM
If this is the main theme I heard a while back, I really can't stand it. I found it to be 'reach for the speaker's power button' bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The in-game music had better be good XP

TheStoicOne
May 3, 2006, 06:52 PM
Never heard it-_-. But if its PSU envolved, I'll love it!

Ziro_Natsuke
May 3, 2006, 06:59 PM
it wasnt the best song in pso but it wasnt extremely terrible either.

shinobu_seta
May 3, 2006, 07:03 PM
Kinda reminded me of Sonic R's music.

I still liked it though. Laugh if you want but I found it a bit inspirational in the terms of an online rpg.

RFB
May 3, 2006, 07:10 PM
Voices are ok. Music is pretty good.

Lyrics tho... make me feel like cutting my ears... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Eihwaz
May 3, 2006, 07:18 PM
Ugh. I hated it. The actual tune isn't too bad, but the vocal quality and lyrics are utterly appalling. >_<

Wavey
May 3, 2006, 07:18 PM
hmm not shure what this is? could someone give me a link to it?

Avalandiel
May 3, 2006, 07:29 PM
I think most people won't like it the first time they hear it. But maybe by the end of the game they will be singing along with it lol =) I really didn't like it at first, but it kinda grew on me, and since the themes in the game go with the song, I doubt they are going to change it.

~~Ava

chichiri99
May 3, 2006, 07:45 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2--upxzIPk&search=phantasy%20star%20universe

couldn't find just the music, but here's a video with the music

btw I <3 it, but some of the lyrics are just, just..........bad

RoninJoku
May 3, 2006, 10:14 PM
Yea... the song is definitely on the cheesy side... I like it though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I definitely agree that it was reminiscent of Sonic R... Let's just be thankful it wasn't THAT cheesy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

However, the song was certainly no "World With Me" or "Whole New World" ..... Those were just beautiful... (I think those names are right <.<)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-05-03 20:15 ]</font>

Reystradamus
May 3, 2006, 10:18 PM
what was the name of the main song on pso1and2?the song be4 the game starts.

Mokona99
May 3, 2006, 11:27 PM
It grows on you. The first time I heard it I hated it, but now it's kind of soothing to listen to it.

Brus
May 4, 2006, 01:15 AM
ITS CALLED STARSHIP EEEEEEEARTTTHHHH.

vitius137
May 4, 2006, 01:26 AM
i dont like the first 15 seconds of it but i love the rest.

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2006, 01:41 AM
The tune itself is alright, but they lyrics are pretty bad. It's far too chipper, upbeat, and hopeful for my tastes. I don't think it really fits in with the mood of the franchise at large. Not to mention, as said before, it's very very cheesy.

Nai_Calus
May 4, 2006, 03:54 AM
PS has a reputation for endless, soul-crushing angst(If there's an RPG with a storyline more depressing than PSII, I'd like to know about it), and this... Is all happy and stuff.

And what the HELL is up with the 'starship earth' crap? For god's sake, I haaaaaate that kind of crap. It's the same old 'What on Earth?' thing that drives me nuts all over again. (It is a given that regardless of whether the people of a planet in any sort of fantasy/sci-fi story set in another solar system have ever HEARD of Earth, someone will, at some point, say 'What on Earth?', as opposed to something more appropriate like 'What in the name of the Planetary Spirit?' that actually fits with the setting and the story's background. It infuriates me, really, it does.) Is it REALLY so hard to make a themesong that has lyrics that vaguely relate to the actual story? (Then again, is it really necessary to have a vocal themesong in the first place? No, it isn't! Rebel against the trendiness of generic J-pop themes, game makers! Make more instrumental themes, like back in the old days when all you had to make music with was a little cockroach that lived in the cartridge and ran up and down a miniature tinny piano to produce the music! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

The tune is generic J-pop as well, and the singer's voice grates on me.

I rather greatly dislike it.

It is, however, not the most annoying piece of music I have ever heard, so I guess that's better than nothing?

(*singing* Fiiiiighting evil by moonlight, winning loooove by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon~ *dies in agony*)

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 06:12 AM
i really like the music in PSOIII. Very nice.

PrinceBrightstar
May 4, 2006, 09:53 AM
Earth has a double meaning. First the name of the planet we're on and second, speaking directly any planet's soil.

As for starship earth, since there's such a thing as Gurhal Channel 5, we can make the assumption that the people of Gurhal have made contact with our planet, some time in the same time that Space Channel 5 existed.

Ash1ey
May 4, 2006, 10:06 AM
I think the song is ok. It doesnt strike me to be emotional like Can still see the light, or world with me though. (I love those songs)

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 4, 2006, 10:16 AM
It's definitely cheesey.... but I definitely like it.
I can completely understand why so many ppl dont like it though... The singers voice is a little hard to deal with... and the lyrics are really hoaky... But, it's catchy, and the instrumental parts are great.

Though, given the choice, I would have opted for something similar too the previous ending themes... Can still see the light and World with Me are so haunting... The types of songs that stay with you long after you finish listening to them. You can't argue with the pleasant vocals of the girls who sing those two.

Sev
May 4, 2006, 10:21 AM
Actually, I heard this song when I first started looking up more and more PSU info. So... I can't hate it. It's not possible. Yeah, the lyrics aren't great, but you can find inconsistencies in almost any song if you wanna look hard enough. If you just sit back and listen to it without thinking, it's really not that bad. I rather like it myself.

Aside from that, I actually like vocal themes. Burning Rangers theme was probably the best, and with the older games... Well... Vocals weren't exactly an option.

And stop talkin about Sonic R music. I have a feeling that you're makin fun of it, how can you not like that music!? XD

RoninJoku
May 4, 2006, 10:32 AM
Lol... Sonic R music was... Well it certainly wasn't good... But don't get me wrong... I loved it for it's hokey music...

Everybody super sonic racing! Try to keep your feet right on the ground! When your super sonic racing! Theres no time to look around!

~~~Come on now RACE!

Mewn
May 4, 2006, 11:44 AM
It's cheesy as hell and the lyrics are awful and cringe-inducing.

With that said, it's a nice enough song I suppose, just not something I would have on my playlist.

Sev
May 4, 2006, 11:57 AM
C'mon now. Didn't we just have that thing about music matching the game? XD

There were things alot worse then the music, and I like poppy music anyway. I mean... The controls in the game... I think the music was the only thing that I could actually enjoy. XD

That music is great in it's own way. A very special... Strange... Makes you embarassed to tell people you've ever heard it way. XD

Alexandrious
May 4, 2006, 12:53 PM
I'd vote if I can just find the music piece somewhere lol. Tried googling it, Limewired, checking official sites. Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Kupi
May 4, 2006, 01:02 PM
Y'know, originally I was going to debate the thematics of Phantasy Star and whether or not it's actually a dark and angsty series, but after going back and listening to the old Phantasy Star games' title screens, I don't even have to. All of them are fairly up-tempo pieces, and the PS2 one in particular seems downrighty happy once it transitions to the explanation of the background (which I assume counts as the same piece of music). I'd say the darkest one of the lot is PS4's, and that was less gloomy, more "an epic battle is coming!" Granted, my immediate point of comparison is the orchestrated version of Save This World, but I do remember what the lyrical version sounds like, and my opinion stands. I like it, and I think it's fitting.

RFB
May 4, 2006, 01:27 PM
On 2006-05-04 10:53, Alexandrious wrote:
I'd vote if I can just find the music piece somewhere lol. Tried googling it, Limewired, checking official sites. Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Guess you didnt try looking here at PSOW.

Alexandrious
May 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
Last place I expect to find it. Must be a Media Link somewhere then.

RedX
May 4, 2006, 03:45 PM
It's ok. the lyrics aren't the best but other then that it seem good enough

Omega_Nova
May 4, 2006, 07:07 PM
-_-

This is why japanese songs, must stay in japanese.

There is around four or five songs sung exclusively in japanese that I'm sure I'd hate if I heard the actual lyrics. That being said, Phantasy Star songs traditionally have english lyrics (To my knowledge), so there is little to no hope for that. The lyrics aside It's a good song, I'm banking on an instramental and orchastral version which will probably be the ones that end up on my MP3 player. This certainly is no Can still see the light, Whole New World, or World with me, but it's got good music.