PDA

View Full Version : PSOW Takao Miyoshi Interview at E3

Ryna
May 3, 2006, 06:31 PM
As the title said, PSO-World is going to be at E3 next week and will have the chance to interview Takao Miyoshi! In case you don't know who Takao Miyoshi is, he is the director for Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online. Tomeeboy will have the opportunity to sit down with Miyoshi-san and ask him questions about PSU and PSO. To celebrate this rare opportunity, PSO-World would like to include some user-submitted questions. So if you could post your questions in this thread, we'll pick out the best ones to include in the interview session. The questions can be about PSU or PSO, but we'd like to focus on PSU.

Sinue_v2
May 3, 2006, 06:59 PM
This is real early, since PSU itself isn't even out yet - but I'd like to hear what he has to say about what he thinks the future holds for Phantasy Star as a franchise. Do they plan on making episodic future updates to the same base PSU game like they did with PSO? Will they be full sequels with completely new 40-hour RPG offline modes? Will PSU be a one-off stepping stone to the next Phantasy Star game?

Where does he see Phantasy Star going in the next generation? Will there be any room for Reiko Kodama or Tohru Yoshida in any future Phantasy Star/Phantasy Star Universe projects provided they're not too busy with Skies of Arcadia 2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Parn
May 3, 2006, 07:14 PM
My only question is one of curiousity... when did development of Phantasy Star Universe officially take off? I have speculations as to when, but those are speculations based on rumors.

Also Sinue, check your PMs. It's psuedo important.

voxie
May 3, 2006, 07:20 PM
The clothing and character styles in PSU and PSO have always stood out against other games, being sort of psuedo fantasy, flowery science fiction, as well as modern "Harajuku" style.

I'd like to know what kind of things inspired the costume design behind the games, especially with PSU?

Reystradamus
May 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
i wanna know 1.release date confirmed
2.is the xbox 360 servers really gonna be separated
3.will north america be able to play with the japanese and europe players.
4.to keep up the good work and to have a good day

Neith
May 3, 2006, 07:31 PM
I'd love to know the ideas behind the beast race, since it's sounding like a great choice.

Nanoblasts seem quite extreme for what us PSO players were used to- was there any particular inspiration behind the idea of Nanoblasts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-05-03 17:32 ]</font>

kyori
May 3, 2006, 07:34 PM
My current question(s) so far.. :

What will the japanese release date be? Considering that there's a estimated US time window for the X360 version, the japanese release should be very soon.

Will content between both regions be released the same time or will the japanese version always be one step ahead?

Why is it that SegaLink does not accept foreign credit cards? Will they start to accept foreign credit cards?

Will online voices be dubbed in english? Are they going to offer dual language tracks?

Will closed beta participants will able to keep their characters?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-05-03 17:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-05-03 17:55 ]</font>

Velocity_7
May 3, 2006, 07:37 PM
1. Will Paypal be accepted as a payment option? Maybe internet banking? (e.g., CIBC, Royal Bank of Canada, etc. support internet banking)
2. Will Japanese and North American servers be linked?
3. Will auto-frameskipping be implemented? (at the moment the frameskip system is the same as PSO Blue Burst, involving constant frameskipping)
4. How much of a challenge was it to fine tune things like the physics engine for more realistic character and monster movements?
5. If we make characters in Extra mode, and decide to make new characters in Online mode, is there a way to copy the designs exactly from Extra mode? And can this be done in reverse as well?
6. You've said that the PC and PS2 versions of Phantasy Star Universe will be linked. Will this mean that, if I had a single account, I could use it on both the PC and PS2 versions of the game?
7. Will there be something like a 90-second power suit transformation for humans? Not as strong as Nanoblast but it'd at least give humans something! (stupid question, if you don't want to add this ignore it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-05-05 19:00 ]</font>

DeathMachine
May 3, 2006, 07:48 PM
What was the inspiration for the new battle system? Did he look at PSO, and say, "Hmmm...something just isn't right. What can we do to make this more fun?"

Sinue_v2
May 3, 2006, 07:57 PM
I'd love to know the ideas behind the beast race, since it's sounding like a great choice.

This one can actually be answered now, since Miyoshi has commented about it in the EGM debut of the game. The Beast race was inspired by the Motavians of the original series.

http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/ps4_images/022.gif

Miyoshi felt that since there were multiple planets, there should be multiple alien races inhabiting them. As the game structure evolved - so did the concept of Motavians, and we eventually ended up with the BeastMen - who look vaugely Motavian when in beast-form.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/avatar/0z68-nanoblast-1.png

Ziro_Natsuke
May 3, 2006, 08:18 PM
one of my questions:

what does phantasy star universe have in common with Phantasy star online, and what is significant about psu from pso?

PrinceBrightstar
May 3, 2006, 09:22 PM
Wish I could be there with the rest of you guys, but please make sure to ask this one.

A big question on my mind for a while has been the status of the Phantasy Star 4 remake on the playstation 2, Phantasy Star Generation:3. This is not about the US version Phantasy Star Trilogy, it is about the JP version.

Zeota
May 3, 2006, 09:25 PM
I have a couple myself.

Will there be special event quests like with PSO? Also, the new clothing system opens up a world of possibilities. Will there be costumes similar to those of characters from the first 4 PS games? I've noticed that PSU seems to play much more like a full-fledged MMORPG than PSO. Were you at all influenced by the current major MMO's on the market (Ragnarok Online, FFXI, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars)? In that respect, the issue of Real Money Trading will be much more prevalent. In the event this happens in PSU, how will your team respond to such things as massive inflation?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkEpyon00 on 2006-05-03 19:36 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
May 3, 2006, 09:34 PM
Will there be a redo of LOBBY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND Holiday decorations!
I find thease to be unasked but very very interesting

Nuclearranger
May 3, 2006, 10:05 PM
ARE THE SERVERS LINKED INTERNATIONALY
allthough they said theres a new version of word select i would still like to know

TheStoicOne
May 4, 2006, 05:21 AM
I would like to know overall how do they feel about this game. How they feel about PSU, compared to PSO. After all was said and done, at the end of the day which one do they like better.

DarK-SuN
May 4, 2006, 06:43 AM
Here's my set of questions, although some were surely already posted, but I think I'm complementing them with "sub questions" related with previous ones.

1. Will PSU have several versions like PSO did, in the form of "PSUv2" or "PSU Episode 2"?

2. If so, will the new content update still be compatible with the old, non-updated clients?
Referring to the way most MMOs work and even Guild Wars, where new content updates and expansion packs are STILL compatible and in the same server, people just can't use them if they don't have them, ala PSOv1 with PSOv2.

3. Again, if so, for the PC version will it be a whole new game purchase or a simple expansion you purchase (online or at a store) to add to the game you already have?
Clearly the PS2 version needs to be another disk like in PSOv2 and PSOGC, so no point in asking about that one.

4. Will the regions be linked like in the good old days of PSODC and PSOGC?
If they're seperate, or partially seperate, which ones will be linked? Will it be like in PSOBB where EU and US are linked but JP seperate? (hope not, I want all linked, but it's a valid quesiton)
I know they mentioned there's a new method of word select for PSU, but they may still keep certain regions seperate and still require word select considering EU has many different language speaking countries.

5. Will they, at some point, consider linking PSUX with the other PSU server versions?

6. If not, is it because PSUX will be dramaticly different and have new content, or simply because of the Xbox Live structure being closed and not deciding to do like SquareEnix did for FFXI?

7. If yes because of the new content, will it later be released for the PC and PS2 versions as updates/expansions? (refer to question 2 regarding compatibility)

8. It was mentioned once that PSU might happen in a different continuity of PSO and even the other PS games.
If so, what's the AUW date of PSU? (I know story nuts and fanfic writers are begging for this one)
If not and it does happen in the same continuity, how far in the future (or past, but I doubt it's in the past) of PSO and the old PS games is it? (another way of asking the exact AUW date of PSU in a different context)

9. Will there be event specific missions in the veins of PSO's seasonal quests, which aren't simply "get to the end of the area by wiping everything that moves and kill the boss" and are more along the lines of "get this, that and that, and bring it here" or "collect this so I can make another something for you"?

10. And last, but by no means least, did this Closed Beta go according to plan and did you manage to collect enough user input, ideas for the future, server strain test data and bug reports to make PSU an even better and safer place for everyone?

Finishing with "I thank you for your time, keep up the great work and I hope your shoulder and back heal quickly" might be a great way of ending the interview as well.

P.S. for those who don't know: The shoulder and back part is referring to an entry in his blog where he says he injured himself recently.

Axios-
May 4, 2006, 07:08 AM
Sega has had a healthy relationship with the Gamecube in its time with titles like Skies of Arcadia, Super Monkey Ball, and more specifically Phantasy Star Online. Are there any plans to continue this trend with Nintendo's new console through PSU or any Phantasy Star game?

Tycho
May 4, 2006, 07:50 AM
"Will you (Takao Miyoshi) be playing this game yourself? If so, any clue what character names you may end up using?"

Zarode
May 4, 2006, 08:19 AM
Ya know, I just wanna know one thing.

How did you think of the idea of the Mag and Partner Machine? And was the mag what you wanted it to be on PSO, or did you want more from it?

KaiNova7
May 4, 2006, 04:12 PM
This is a must know for me,Will there be a battle mode feature in the game if not already, will Bmode be added later?Also, will there be any guild/clan/team option in the game...thank in advance..

Mewn
May 4, 2006, 05:19 PM
1. Are any additional modes, such as the Battle and Challenge modes found in PSO, going to be implemented in PSU? If so, will they be in a 'PSUv2' or would it be a downloadable/server-side update?

2. Given the interest in the Japanese version of the game by non-Japanese residents, are you considering alternative payment methods that would allow them to play the Japanese client, such as PayPal or allowing non-Japanese Credit Cards to be used?

3. Are GMs a visible presence in the game? If so, how do you contact them, and what distinguishes them from an ordinary player or staff member? Will they appear in game to assist, or will they only be available through a Support Form feature?

4. Without wishing to uncover possible spoilers (like, for example, overt references in items or monsters) how much has PSO as a game influenced PSU?

5. Does the future of Phantasy Star lie with the online, multiplayer action RPG route taken by PSO and PSU? Or will you ever return to the 'traditional' style of the original games in a single player, story-driven PS game?

6. Will servers be linked with other terrorities? What is the reasoning behind any decision on server linkage?

7. Are there plans for server-wide events such as the 'Maximum Attack' cups seen on PSO? If so, can you give any information about planned events?

8. What kind of update schedule can we expect in PSU? Will there be a set calendar, updated regularly with the content we can expect? Will there be many small updates or fewer large updates featuring more quests/items/areas etc.?

9. What is the maximum level characters can attain in PSU? Are there any plans to raise this limit in the future, as with PSO?

10. Megid and other such 'instant death' attacks such as the Mericarol ball and Ill Gill's Megid Scythe played a large part in the Ultimate mode on PSO, can we expect such attacks to play a large part in PSU on the highest mission ranks/later levels? Or does PSU rely on more varied attacks with higher damage/status effects or other factors?

11. Is PSU the realization of what you wanted PSO to be like originally, before any limitations resulted in the final game? What features, if any, from PSU would you have wanted to see in PSO?

12. What plays a more important role in PSU - Item synthesis or finding items? Are they equally important? Can the rarest items only be found through item drops?

13. Does the story of PSU play an important role in the online game at all? Or is the game mainly based on the same ideas as PSO (hunting items, running the levels, levelling up etc.) with the story being discovered mainly through quests (in PSU's case, Story Mode)?

14. Photon Drops became the trading currency in PSO, due in part to the uselessness of Meseta. Are there any items which could become a trading currency in PSU? Will Meseta be much more useful, and a viable trading currency in its own right in PSU?

Sev
May 4, 2006, 06:18 PM
For the offline mode, which character is your favorite. Also, what type of character would you use if you played PSU online?

Did you ever consider making this game a purely online game?

ecchichuu
May 4, 2006, 09:59 PM
- Why isn't there at least one move dedicated to defense/evasion, like jumping/rolling/dashing/blocking? This is a standard feature in action gameplay.

- Any plans to make a PSU anime... done by Kyoto Animation?

- Were there any major features you wanted in PSU but left out?

Ryna
May 5, 2006, 06:11 AM
These are excellent questions so far. We'll see how many of them we can work in.

To anyone wanting to submit questions, try to post them today. It seems we need to finalize our list of questions sooner than expected.

Skuda
May 5, 2006, 06:33 AM
not sure if this has been asked before, but will game cards be avaliable for the HL?

EspioKaos
May 5, 2006, 07:29 AM
I figured I'd be able to think of something better that this to ask, but I guess not. Maybe it's because what I'd like to know has already been convered in the questions before mine. So anyway, about the soundtrack...

When should we expect to see the PSU OST released?

voxie
May 5, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-05-05 05:29, EspioKaos wrote:
I figured I'd be able to think of something better that this to ask, but I guess not. Maybe it's because what I'd like to know has already been convered in the questions before mine. So anyway, about the soundtrack...

When should we expect to see the PSU OST released?

Oh definitely, there have even been remix CDs on PSO I think. Play Asia has listed a 'no image' - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-na-49-en-70-14w8.html

chibiLegolas
May 5, 2006, 11:22 AM
Are there any plans for ST to officially aquire Masaki Apsy's (from Eden Plastics) skills to create PSU figure merchandise?
His RAcaseal and HUcast figures seem to be constantly sold out at the Wonder Festival conventions. And there aren't enough to satisfy demand. I'd like to see more high quality PSO/PSU characters garage kits readily available outside of WF to starving fans. (especially ones made by Masaki Apsy).
If no plans are made, would you please consider it?

Masaki Apsy's website:
http://www3.osk.3web.ne.jp/~kaiten/

http://www3.osk.3web.ne.jp/~kaiten/gallery/hucast/arms2/DSC00002.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-05-05 09:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-05-05 12:07 ]</font>

RoninJoku
May 5, 2006, 12:10 PM
I know battlemode was asked about... But let's make it a compound question...

Will separate modes like Battle Mode and Challenge Mode make a come back in PSU? And are any improvements being made to these modes?

azjazo
May 5, 2006, 01:01 PM
What kind of extra merchandise are you planning to sell along PSU? (like bonus T-shirts, figurines (yay!!), soundtracks, plushes, keychains, and all that stuff that we often se only for japan market T.T)

Tamashii
May 5, 2006, 02:29 PM
What did you take from the experience in creating Phantasy Star Online to the development of Phantasy Star Universe?

RubyEclipse
May 5, 2006, 04:41 PM
On the subject of battle mode, will team ( 2 v 2, 3 v 3, etc) battles be worked into detailed settings, and will there be multiple team battle options to choose from?

King_Rappy
May 5, 2006, 05:53 PM
theo nly question I can really think of is, well...
Are there any rappies?

Ryna
May 5, 2006, 05:57 PM
On 2006-05-05 15:53, King_Rappy wrote:
theo nly question I can really think of is, well...
Are there any rappies?

I can answer this one.

We've seen several screenshots of in-game Rag Rappies. They are considered to be rare enemies.

Velocity_7
May 5, 2006, 08:26 PM
I can also answer this one.

http://naomi.thewafflehouse.net/rappy.mp4

24 MB. (no sound though, I screwed up this one)

oShojino
May 5, 2006, 08:44 PM
Everyones pretty much asked the questions I was wondering, but I have a few I havent seen.

1. Are there currently any plans to allow players to freely roam on the planetsides or guardians colony in vehicles, perhaps for special quests/missions? If so will this be instanced, or non instanced?

2. The class system is very fun and interesting, however it is limiting. As you level up your class will certain races get access to weapons or moves not available to the other races (for example, a Hunter Newman with a high class in hunter having the ability to wield a staff or cane since Newmans are magically inclined.) The ability to have a well rounded character in PSO (melee ranged and magic) was one of the many fun features, and it would be interesting to try again come PSU.

3. PvP PvP PvP, will there be any form of PvP in PSU? Perhaps a battle mode like PSO, or maybe something a bit more expansive? Other successful East Asian RPGs such as Lineage II and Ragnarok Online have had both team PvP and one on one PvP, it would be nice to see this in PSU. You could hold tournaments with prizes, and it could fit right in with the preperation/training for combat against SEED.

4. Pertaining to question 3, will there be any raid/mass player battles? Other successful Eastern Asian Rpgs such as Lineage II and Ragnarok Online also had this feature in which many players would fight over castles, and it was a very popular feature. Perhaps in PSU you could hold special missions or events in which many players protect the city walls against invasions of SEED, or defend outposts/bases (the waypoints between missions).

Thats it for now.

Edit: Whilst posting in another post I thought of another question.

5. Challenge mode, will there be any Challenge Mode in PSU like there was in PSO?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-05 18:51 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
May 5, 2006, 09:38 PM
I'd ask why no PS3 version.
Seriously.

http://web.telia.com/~u48019550/HS2.jpg
We could be getting graphics and particle effects on this level, use the envoriments in crafty ways to oblitrate thine enemy.

fronebullare
May 6, 2006, 10:10 AM
Maybe this has already been asked,but just to be safe,what is the exact date for the us release(i'm tired of rumors).

Tycho
May 7, 2006, 04:55 AM
"Why are the profanity filters still handled by server rather than allowing players to turn it off individually?"

Zenox
May 7, 2006, 09:41 AM
Will you be able to customize your NPCs AI?
(example: if you want you can tell your NPC to stop attacking mobs if their HP is below 25%. Or tell NPC FOs to only use support techniques.)
Will you be able to give your NPCs items?

scott1114
May 7, 2006, 10:57 AM
will the PS2 version require a constant internet connection even to play offline as the PC version?

bstm300
May 7, 2006, 02:54 PM
will the 360 version support any form of voice chat and will the 360 version be receiving updates as often as ps2 or pc unlike the terrible support the Xbox's PSO received in the past.

Skye-Fox713
May 7, 2006, 03:43 PM
will we have the same amount on character customeization options in offline as in online(minus the specal items you can only get in online from paches and updates like pso)

Tystys
May 7, 2006, 10:08 PM
What kind of connection will we need to play? (Never saw the anwser to that question)

StarLionsX
May 8, 2006, 01:49 PM
Will we require a Sega link ID?

Kupi
May 9, 2006, 07:53 PM
It might be kinda late to post a question, but here's one that's been troubling me for a while: how is the voice acting for online characters going to be handled? Are all online characters going to use the same Japanese voice acting for consistency's sake, or are they going to try to match up localized versions of each set of grunts, screams, and yelps?

vitius137
May 9, 2006, 08:36 PM
On 2006-05-04 19:59, ecchichuu wrote:
- Why isn't there at least one move dedicated to defense/evasion, like jumping/rolling/dashing/blocking? This is a standard feature in action gameplay.

- Any plans to make a PSU Anime... done by Kyoto Animation?

- Were there any major features you wanted in PSU but left out?

hell YES that would rule!! (for now i have the ragnarok anime to watch)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-05-09 18:36 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
Are you going to allow the player to choose what language offline mode is in? IE, in the english version, can you choose between english and japanese dubbing and sub titles?

Will Humans and Newmans have anything to offset not having Nanoblasts and SUVs?

Will you have tributes to older PS songs, like you did in EPII?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-05-10 18:23 ]</font>

Tystys
May 10, 2006, 08:25 PM
This is not a request question to ask Miyoshi-san but....
When is the interview going to be up? No one is giving ANY attention to Phantasy Star Universe, so I havn't been able to find any new info on it, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
May 10, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-05-10 18:25, Tystys wrote:
When is the interview going to be up? No one is giving ANY attention to Phantasy Star Universe, so I havn't been able to find any new info on it, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It is hard to say exactly when it will be up. The interview doesn't happen until tomorrow and Tomeeboy's hotel Internet connection has been a bit unreliable. We are definitely going to try to get the information up as fast as we can, along with any other PSU information that happens to turn up.

Asaron
May 11, 2006, 07:31 AM
I'd like to know if specific efforst are being made to embrace Windows Vista and the newly announced 'Live Anywhere' functionality.

For example, Will Windows Vista users share servers with XBox 360 players?

(for those that don't know, XBox live is spreading to Vista)

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 07:46 AM
On 2006-05-11 05:31, Asaron wrote:
I'd like to know if specific efforst are being made to embrace Windows Vista and the newly announced 'Live Anywhere' functionality.

For example, Will Windows Vista users share servers with XBox 360 players?

(for those that don't know, XBox live is spreading to Vista)

That is an excellent question Asaron. Unfortunately, the question list has been set and we can't accomodate any new question requests.

lostinseganet
May 11, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-05-03 16:31, Ryna wrote:
As the title said, PSO-World is going to be at E3 next week and will have the chance to interview Takao Miyoshi! In case you don't know who Takao Miyoshi is, he is the director for Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online. Tomeeboy will have the opportunity to sit down with Miyoshi-san and ask him questions about PSU and PSO. To celebrate this rare opportunity, PSO-World would like to include some user-submitted questions. So if you could post your questions in this thread, we'll pick out the best ones to include in the interview session. The questions can be about PSU or PSO, but we'd like to focus on PSU.

Please ask him for eight players. Please I beseat you. Why...why did they not use the power of broadband and give us more than 6? Why did they initiataly say 66 players then brought it so far down to 6. I know what the psow members have said. I want to know their reason. In the end PLEASSSE ask for 8, eight, VIII players Shift+1

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 10:14 AM
On 2006-05-11 08:02, lostinseganet wrote:
Please ask him for eight players. Please I beseat you. Why...why did they not use the power of broadband and give us more than 6? Why did they initiataly say 66 players then brought it so far down to 6. I know what the psow members have said. I want to know their reason. In the end PLEASSSE ask for 8, eight, VIII players Shift+1

Sorry lostinseganet, but we can't accomodate any new questions right now.

Anyways, I imagine the game is to close to release right now to accomodate such a big change. The 6 player party limit was probably decided early on based on perceived memory limits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-11 08:14 ]</font>

lostinseganet
May 11, 2006, 10:23 AM
On 2006-05-11 08:14, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-05-11 08:02, lostinseganet wrote:

Sorry lostinseganet, but we can't accomodate any new questions right now.

Anyways, I imagine the game is to close to release right now to accomodate such a big change. The 6 player party limit was probably decided early on based on perceived memory limits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-11 08:14 ]</font>
Honestly memory was the reason I was expecting. EVERY game maker says that. Bungie said that for halo 2 on xbox as well. Ram is soo important for consles and PCs. Why do developers and console makers skimp on it! They should increase the RAM requirements just like they would require upgrades for CPUs and GPUs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lostinseganet on 2006-05-11 08:30 ]</font>

DeathMachine
May 11, 2006, 10:55 AM
Which questions were chosen?

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 11:03 AM
On 2006-05-11 08:55, DeathMachine wrote:
Which questions were chosen?

Tomeeboy made the final selection, so I can't tell you yet.

The general idea is that we wanted to cover as many "important" topics as possible. So when similar questions questions were asked, we would try to combine them in some way. So, the questions that are asked may not exactly match the wording of the ones posted in this thread.

After doing the initial work of compiling the questions, we ended up with about 50. Based on the amount of time Tomeeboy is given for the interview, he may only have time for 25 to 30 questions. Also, Miyoshi-san may not be allowed to give answers for all of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-11 09:04 ]</font>

Tystys
May 11, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-05-10 18:33, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-05-10 18:25, Tystys wrote:

It is hard to say exactly when it will be up. The interview doesn't happen until tomorrow and Tomeeboy's hotel Internet connection has been a bit unreliable. We are definitely going to try to get the information up as fast as we can, along with any other PSU information that happens to turn up.

Thank you for this info, Ryna. I'd hate to sound like I'm badgering people, it's just that amazingly, I have not been able to find any new info on the game. Everyone's been drawing their attentions to the Wii and new 360 games, so I've been freaking out for some new info, lol.
Once again, thank you, and tell Tomeeboy(once you get in contact with em) that we're all waiting for his safe return, with some new found knowledge, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_tsunami
May 12, 2006, 09:30 AM
The most important queston of all.. Will PSU or PSO BB come to nintendo consoles.. such as GC or Wii!!.
Since the Wii has so much charm and is practically set up for it (with ASCII keyboard and all from the old user fanbase ). The ps2 will need to purchase keyboards again so why not bring it to Wii or GC which is practically equiped.

Lunar_1
May 12, 2006, 10:49 AM
Yea, I just had a question I've been looking for an answer to.

Will PSU be split screen multiplayer? And if so, will it be possible to have more than one person playing online from the same TV? Thanks.

Zeota
May 12, 2006, 11:00 AM
I'm assuming this interview already happened and no doubt Ryna will be jumping through hoops getting everything up once Tomee returns.

Nisshoku
May 12, 2006, 11:09 AM
It has, and you're right, DarkEpyon00.

zandra117
May 12, 2006, 01:28 PM
Tomee what is taking soo long. I hunger for Information!!!

Nisshoku
May 12, 2006, 01:52 PM
Great things take time. That, and Ryna has already stated that Tomeeboy's internet connection at the hotel isn't that great. Give the man time.

Kyuu
May 13, 2006, 04:10 AM
On 2006-05-05 19:38, ShinMaruku wrote:
I'd ask why no PS3 version.
Seriously.

We could be getting graphics and particle effects on this level, use the envoriments in crafty ways to oblitrate thine enemy.
I could go on about the many reasons why they didn't choose to make it for PS3, but I'll just list a couple.

It's always risky to make something for a new platform. The PS3 garners a lot of excitement for its graphic capabilities... but then just how many people are going to be willing to pay the exoribant price for one? Not to mention developing for it is, to my understanding, extremely difficult and time-consuming compared to even the PS2, which was already notorious for being the most difficult to code for (and also I believe one of the PSO developers was quoted as saying they never wanted to make it for PS2 for that very reason, if I remember correctly).

In any case, the game is quite beautiful enough as it is, and doubtless the PC version will look gorgeous with a decently high resolution.

And on topic, tell Tomee to take as much time as he needs... but to hurry up! We're dying here! =P

(edited for spelling)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-13 02:11 ]</font>

Ryna
May 13, 2006, 07:35 AM
To Everyone:
Sorry, but the interview has already happened. We can't take anymore questions.

On 2006-05-13 02:10, Kyuu wrote:
[quote]
And on topic, tell Tomee to take as much time as he needs... but to hurry up! We're dying here! =P

We just need to give Tomeeboy some time to transcribe the interview and upload any associated media. Eighteen-plus hour days and a lousy hotel Internet connection hasn't been helping his cause very much.

Tystys
May 13, 2006, 08:52 AM
Atleast there's a chance we'll be able to see it by later today or tommorow.

DjDragoon
May 13, 2006, 10:07 PM
It'll be a mother's day present ¬.¬

Ryna
May 14, 2006, 07:08 AM
On 2006-05-13 06:52, Tystys wrote:
Atleast there's a chance we'll be able to see it by later today or tommorow.

Tomeeboy just got back from E3 and needs some sleep. Hopefully the interview will be up sometime this evening.

Tystys
May 14, 2006, 10:24 AM
Woo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

physic
May 15, 2006, 07:36 AM
hmm I'm guessing he got no info in the interview that inspired him to get it to us as fast as he could. Oh wells, i guess that they prolly didnt want to giev away teh big infos

Ryna
May 15, 2006, 08:36 AM
On 2006-05-15 05:36, physic wrote:
hmm I'm guessing he got no info in the interview that inspired him to get it to us as fast as he could. Oh wells, i guess that they prolly didnt want to giev away teh big infos

I got a chance to look at the interview yesterday. There is definitely some important information in it.

As for being "late," Tomeeboy has been gone all week and had some important real-life matters to attend to. We're trying to get this thing up as quickly as possible. I can understand that you maybe a bit frustrated, but real life does intervene from time-to-time and we don't want to do this hapharzardly.

Tomeeboy
May 15, 2006, 09:40 AM
Hey guys.. interview should be going up today, so keep an eye on the front page http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DjDragoon
May 15, 2006, 09:54 AM
woot... woot... woot

KingOfSpades
May 15, 2006, 02:12 PM
Yay.

physic
May 15, 2006, 02:20 PM
I can't say its late, there really was never a time associated with it. I just figured if he had some breaking news he'd prolly have been more excited to get it out. Good to hear otherwise. Ill be happy to see it whenever it comes out regardless, and of course life doesnt always allow for the fastest results.

Z-man
May 15, 2006, 08:27 PM
Still nothing?

*weep*

DjDragoon
May 15, 2006, 08:32 PM
I'm staying up tonite until something is posted.

Z-man
May 15, 2006, 08:59 PM
On 2006-05-15 18:32, DjDragoon wrote:
I'm staying up tonite until something is posted.

I have a feeling you'll be sleeping sometime Wednesdayish.

DjDragoon
May 15, 2006, 09:03 PM
I still have faith in the man.

Nedeti
May 15, 2006, 10:47 PM
the man is making us wait (T_T)

Axios-
May 15, 2006, 10:51 PM
I bet he's playing PSU.

>_> <_<

oShojino
May 15, 2006, 11:26 PM
Hes probably having fun with some next gen mod or something, and neglecting teh PSU. Sigh *waits till June 1st till news*. Seems everything is getting delayed with PSU, even the news! rofl.

bstm300
May 15, 2006, 11:50 PM
Why are they making us wait so long, this is getting ridiculous.

Zephyr_
May 15, 2006, 11:51 PM
What's the rush? The game isn't out till October, and most things at e3 were just things we alreayd kenw about PSU o.o.

bstm300
May 15, 2006, 11:56 PM
What's the rush, omg?? What do you think???? Do you think I visit this website for shits and giggles, no! I want good information. After all isn't this one of the biggest Phantasy star fan websites. Zephyr for that statement I declare you uber noob of darkness!!! I cast a shadow spell of shame on thee for such retardedness

Balthor
May 16, 2006, 12:29 AM
Calm your asses down. Go out and walk or something. I'm sure Tomee doesn't have 6 arms.

Latiku
May 16, 2006, 12:37 AM
I too am quite anxious too see this interview. Lord knows I won't sleep well till I see it. I have tried to go to bed twice and both times I found myself crawling out to check and see if the interview is up. Don't know why I want to see it so much, maybe it is because I know it should be coming out any second now.

Anyway, we should just be glad that Tomeeboy was able to get the interview in the first place. We will probably be getting info that not even gamespot and other websites will know about so mad props to Tomeeboy on that. Although, the amount of time it is taking him to upload it is making me worry a bit. Hopefully his computer is functioning ok.

Hate to pester but maybe Ryna, do you have like a status update on the interview. I really do hate to bother about it but any info would be appreciated.

Nedeti
May 16, 2006, 01:05 AM
balthor, stop expresing your rage to other users. Everyone are waiting and some are going beserk. This is something that happens N00bs whin and F00ls act has if they were "BOSS" refering to you.

So then, to all who will read this.
Please stay calme, TommeBoy will soon get the interview up and so the only thing PSO-World staff is recommanding is your full cooperation and you to be "pathient - god my spelling is so bad".

What's the rush? The game isn't out till October, and most things at e3 were just things we alreayd kenw about PSU o.o.

The billing will start on October.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nedeti on 2006-05-15 23:07 ]</font>

Zephyr_
May 16, 2006, 02:25 AM
On 2006-05-15 21:56, bstm300 wrote:
What's the rush, omg?? What do you think???? Do you think I visit this website for shits and giggles, no! I want good information. After all isn't this one of the biggest Phantasy star fan websites. Zephyr for that statement I declare you uber noob of darkness!!! I cast a shadow spell of shame on thee for such retardedness

The information is that way good sir. You know, the area on the main page with the "Phantasy Star Universe" Heading. The little navigation bar, not hard to miss. And I love how your flame is based on a word that doesn't exist ;o. (Look in the dictionary for 'retardedness')

Anyways, to say what has already been said, Calm down. The interview will get posted, so what if you have to wait a few extra days than expected. It's not like you have to wait months. If you can't handle waiting for an interview to be posted on a forum, then maybe you should occupy yourself with something else to take up the time. You know that old saying 'Time flies while having fun' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zephyr_ on 2006-05-16 00:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zephyr_ on 2006-05-16 00:26 ]</font>

Balthor
May 16, 2006, 03:52 AM
On 2006-05-15 23:05, Nedeti wrote:
balthor, stop expresing your rage to other users. Everyone are waiting and some are going beserk. This is something that happens N00bs whin and F00ls act has if they were "BOSS" refering to you.

. . What?

RFB
May 16, 2006, 06:06 AM
Do you think I visit this website for shits and giggles, no! I want good information.

Do you think you pay for the info on this site? Oh, wait, YOU DONT! You're getting good information for free. If there's a delay, and posting the interview will take a while longer, you have NO right to act like that. Just wait. The world isnt going to end because it takes Tomee 2-3 more days than expected to post the interview.

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 06:21 AM

You my dear sir are a moron. Good day.

physic
May 16, 2006, 06:48 AM
uh who exactly is being quoted repeatedly anyhow?

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 08:32 AM
Bstm300

bstm300
May 16, 2006, 09:26 AM
It was just a joke, my gosh guys. I think you get more rowled up about this than I do. Whats up with all the people on this website saying good sir and dear sir anyways, lol.

RoninJoku
May 16, 2006, 10:34 AM
I'm curious... Was anyone else from PSOW present at the interview? Or was it just Tomeeboy (and assumedly some sort of translator)?

Ryna
May 16, 2006, 10:37 AM
On 2006-05-16 08:34, RurouniJoku wrote:
I'm curious... Was anyone else from PSOW present at the interview? Or was it just Tomeeboy (and assumedly some sort of translator)?

Gideon (PSO-World co-owner) was also present for the interview.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-16 08:40 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
May 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
Sorry guys! We're really working to get this out to you soon. The interview was quite lengthy and there were parts where translations created some confusing answers. It was a much longer process than we expected to transcribe everything and then clean it all up. We are running the final article by Sega PR so that they can check it for accuracy, as we don't want to be posting any information that is incorrect, especially in the name of the game's producer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kazuma56
May 16, 2006, 12:26 PM
Tomeeboy had to go through a translator in order to be able to talk to Miyoshi-san. So while we were looking over the final transcription last night, a couple of things came up that we want to clarify with Sega of America so we avoid any "misunderstandings." We consider the interview to be important enough that we don't want to make any mistakes with it. Unfortunately, this means are some unexpected delays in getting it published.

Hmm... could that mean the possible "fall 06" date could actually be pushed back to a summer date? because I don't really think there would be too much questions that would "confuse" us at this point and speaking to SoA about it means that it some important tidbits that need to be "reviewed/fixed" on SoA's end.

Oji_Retta
May 16, 2006, 12:55 PM
I believe he was talking about the interview (being delayed) Kazuma.

Latiku
May 16, 2006, 12:57 PM
Attention, An Important Announcement:

The Takao Miyoshi Interview's release date has been pushed back. The PSOworld team explains that they wish to improve the interview and fix all bugs and confusions before releasing it to the public. The Japanese release date for the interview is scheduled for late Fall 06' while the interview's release date in the States is TBA.

....sorry, just having alittle fun.....don't hurt me.

Saner
May 16, 2006, 01:00 PM
On 2006-05-16 10:57, Latiku wrote:
Attention, An Important Announcement:

The Takao Miyoshi Interview's release date has been pushed back. The PSOworld team explains that they wish to improve the interview and fix all bugs and confusions before releasing it to the public. The Japanese release date for the interview is scheduled for late Fall 06' while the interview's release date in the States is TBA.

....sorry, just having alittle fun.....don't hurt me.

cute http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DjDragoon
May 16, 2006, 01:01 PM
You know the first torture scene in Mission Impossible III? Waiting for the interview, in my opinion, is a lot harder to go through. God speed Tomeeboy!

oShojino
May 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
It's more likely that the interview turned up some things that sounded too good to be true, so psow wants to check back with some SoA PR so they can make it sound more realistic or perhaps below expectation so we stop nagging them about it.. because we know how informed and cooperative SoA is when it comes to SoJ. Nevertheless, I shall be waiting for the interview anxiously.

The word on PSU? Delayed Delayed Delayed... Everything associated with PSU is delayed.

PSU shall be known as PSU: DD Dastardly Delays!

Axios-
May 16, 2006, 02:20 PM
You just made me want to play PSU Double Dash. Actually, come to think of it, a kart racing minigame in PSU would be so absurdly hilarious....I'd love it.

Saner
May 16, 2006, 02:31 PM
I think one of the things they want to avoid revealing for now is the release date. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif it's possible they already have a solid date.

and maybe the secret behind the fully translated english demonstration at E3.

and possibly a sametime release between US and Japan.

DjDragoon
May 16, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-05-16 12:20, Axios- wrote:
You just made me want to play PSU Double Dash. Actually, come to think of it, a kart racing minigame in PSU would be so absurdly hilarious....I'd love it.

Way better idea than PSO Soccer. Maybe a Sonic Riders type racing game with them hoverboards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DjDragoon on 2006-05-16 12:47 ]</font>

Saner
May 16, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-05-16 12:47, DjDragoon wrote:

On 2006-05-16 12:20, Axios- wrote:

Way better idea than PSO Soccer. Maybe a Sonic Riders type racing game with them hoverboards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DjDragoon on 2006-05-16 12:47 ]</font>

you know, you might be on to something.

It's possible they are using the hoverboards for some kind of minigame online.

McLaughlin
May 16, 2006, 07:54 PM
PSO Ep.I(& II) Is too big to be on the DS. They'd have to compress it alot and it'd look/be like crap.

Nedeti
May 16, 2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks to the mod who deleted the posts...

Please everyone, be patient it will come soon and Post something that have good sence no Spaming Festivals

NightHour13
May 16, 2006, 11:27 PM
Imagine PSU Hover Board Racing?!!?? That would be the ultimate mini game. Oh wow, i can definatly see myself using that to win many many petty arguements..."The Hildebear is freakin green alright? Yeah? YEAH!? Lets race you swine!!"..*slams into a rock*

Kyuu
May 17, 2006, 12:24 AM
In my opinion, the interview should really just be posted already. Whatever "clarifications" are needed, I'd say just update it when the answers are given, but in the meantime at least let us see the darn thing. 'Course, it's Tomee's interview, so it's up to him. Just my $.02, though.

DjDragoon
May 17, 2006, 12:46 AM
It might be lucrative for him to post the interview on Ebay. I'll run a search for it now, it just might be there.

Tomeeboy
May 17, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-05-16 22:24, Kyuu wrote:
In my opinion, the interview should really just be posted already. Whatever "clarifications" are needed, I'd say just update it when the answers are given, but in the meantime at least let us see the darn thing. 'Course, it's Tomee's interview, so it's up to him. Just my $.02, though.

We're really glad to see so much anticipation for the interview, but posting it prematurely would really be irresponsible on our part. We really want to make sure we are not posting information on behalf of the game's producer that is not accurate. This interview will reach many other web sites and it could really cause a quick spread of bad info if something was not translated correctly or was misunderstood on our end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif With an opportunity like this comes the responsibility to do things right, and quick is not always equal to right. We decided that it was best to take the extra time to clarify things that we didn't feel comfortable assuming. I think that the end result will be a good article that should be an interesting read for everyone, perhaps even with a few added bits of information (thanks to Sega PR, hopefully). We should be receiving final clarifications early Wed. afternoon, so hang in there just a bit longer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RoninJoku
May 17, 2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the new ETA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saner
May 17, 2006, 06:03 AM
On 2006-05-16 23:19, Tomeeboy wrote:

On 2006-05-16 22:24, Kyuu wrote:

We're really glad to see so much anticipation for the interview, but posting it prematurely would really be irresponsible on our part. We really want to make sure we are not posting information on behalf of the game's producer that is not accurate. This interview will reach many other web sites and it could really cause a quick spread of bad info if something was not translated correctly or was misunderstood on our end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif With an opportunity like this comes the responsibility to do things right, and quick is not always equal to right. We decided that it was best to take the extra time to clarify things that we didn't feel comfortable assuming. I think that the end result will be a good article that should be an interesting read for everyone, perhaps even with a few added bits of information (thanks to Sega PR, hopefully). We should be receiving final clarifications early Wed. afternoon, so hang in there just a bit longer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

yes! its a great honor to receive the attention from the game's producer and stuff.

So it's important to stay on good terms with them for a friendly relationship. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kyuu
May 17, 2006, 08:13 AM
Bah! Fine fine, I'll wait a little longer. =P

And yeah, just take our impatience as a compliment. We really want to see that interview!

Mewn
May 17, 2006, 10:17 AM
Take your time guys. I'm sure we can all wait a bit longer considering that the info in the interview seems to be pretty important http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

oShojino
May 17, 2006, 11:58 AM
No, don't give us an ETA! In the PSU universe, all ETA's are delayed... even the announcements of the delays are delayed! You must not give any dates, for they will be delayed.. you must just post it and surprise us!

I can see where you're coming from though, so I don't mind waiting. Takao Miyoshi Interview PC : TBA 2006.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 01:47 PM
you know stragety guides are really working hard because they have to compete with the online networks that prodive free f.a.q.s. and guides to many games.

maybe that's why stragety guide books are released sometime before the game is released. I wonder which company is going to do PSU's stragety guide? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

well not that I will get one. anyways guides are major spoilers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Latiku
May 17, 2006, 02:13 PM
I hope and pray that Versus does a strategy guide. They did one for the DC version of PSO that was simply amazing. The artwork was first rate, the history of Phantasy Star section was well written and interesting, and also, I still use the element chart for weapons ( I always forget the order they come in, like panic->riot->havoc->chaos)

I agree that they are spoilers but if it is versus, all the addition features and info they add make it worth it.
...only problem is that I'm not 100% sure they still are in business. Shame if they are, they did amazing work.

On Topic:
I actually had a dream about this thread. My dream was that I woke up today and the info was already up and the website was going nuts. The release date was said to be June 28th and there was already a timer counting down the minutes.......sad, I know. Need to lay off the episode II before sleeping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Latiku on 2006-05-17 12:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Latiku on 2006-05-17 12:28 ]</font>

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:01 PM
never heard of Versus.

I guess Prima or BradyGames will write it.

Latiku
May 17, 2006, 07:19 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0970347375.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I highly recommend any book they do.

Tystys
May 17, 2006, 07:27 PM
That looks like a kick ass book.

Dhylec
May 17, 2006, 08:20 PM
On Topic:
I actually had a dream about this thread. My dream was that I woke up today and the info was already up and the website was going nuts. The release date was said to be June 28th and there was already a timer counting down the minutes.......sad, I know. Need to lay off the episode II before sleeping.
Well, at least part of it is true now. ;]

Ryna
May 17, 2006, 08:22 PM
This thread has officially outlived its usefulness. ;3