PDA

View Full Version : NPC's in battle

REJ-
May 4, 2006, 12:37 AM
I heard you can call an NPC into battle, are they useful? and what happens if they die?

Shade-
May 4, 2006, 01:26 AM
IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL!!!11!!

sorry, I have nothing constructive to add, I haven't found these fabled NPC helpers yet, but I'm also intrested.

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 02:11 AM
i think its only in offline mode and you have to get their 'card' first. not sure after that.

REJ-
May 4, 2006, 02:25 AM
It was in another thread, if you complete some tutorial thingy, you get the partner card of the NPC that reflects your race. And it also said not to bring them into boss battles. What happens if you do, and they get killed?

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 02:36 AM
i just read some where you can also bring them with you online.

RFB
May 4, 2006, 03:10 AM
Yes, you can call for them online.

You CAN bring them to boss battles, but it's not the best of ideas. They tend to act suicidal. And their deaths affect the group's ranking.

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 03:32 AM
is there nothing you cant answer RFB? whats that stand for anyway?

RFB
May 4, 2006, 04:29 AM
On 2006-05-04 01:32, linkzone wrote:
is there nothing you cant answer RFB?

o_O I'm most likely one of the less knowledgeable beta testers...

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 04:31 AM
thus far ive seen you answer half the questions out there, and a few of them were mine. your smart. well as far as PSU goes, dont know about in real life.

Zephyr_
May 4, 2006, 04:38 AM
I can safely say from watching NPCs in action that Leo is the only one near-useful (but, he still fails lol). Either they do little damage, or none at all. And in most cases, they are suicidal.

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2006, 06:04 AM
This makes me worry for offline mode where you have no choice -BUT- to party with AI controlled NPCs. If they're useless online in a boss battle - what's there to make you think that they'll preform well offline in a boss battle?

Perhaps the AI hasn't been completely integrated into the Beta since the point is to work together with other players - but this might be something you guys want to mention on the BBS and see if it can get fixed.

linkzone
May 4, 2006, 06:07 AM
yes if the AI sucks ill be pissed i dont want a stupid PM, or AI partner jacking up my score or game play.

i dont mean to say PMs are stupid, ill love my PM reguardless, but id like her to be smart too if possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-05-04 04:08 ]</font>

Kaeorii
May 4, 2006, 07:27 PM
Yup.. stupid AI makes for a very not fun game experience... Hopefully it's something they fix. Otherwise offline mode is going to be either rediculously hard (maybe a good thing?) or they'd have to make it so you can play through with your eyes closed. When I think dumb AI on NPCs, I think Neverwinter Nights.. game was good, but the AI henchmen? .. There's a reason I never bothered taking them.

RFB
May 4, 2006, 08:25 PM
The way the NPCs work, I'd say, dont worry about story mode.

They seem to be nicely capable against normal mobs, and even if they act suicidal against bosses, they always revive themselves. And I doubt story mode will have mission ranks.

For extra mode, tho, it could a big pain in the ass, considering it's going to be like online, without the on.

VelosofLight
May 4, 2006, 09:50 PM
For extra mode, tho, it could a big pain in the ass, considering it's going to be like online, without the on.

So it'll be like... line? xP

_Tek_
May 4, 2006, 11:05 PM
On 2006-05-03 23:26, Shade- wrote:
IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL!!!11!!

sorry, I have nothing constructive to add, I haven't found these fabled NPC helpers yet, but I'm also intrested.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5421/ifyoudieinthegameyoudieforreal.gif

but seriously, the NPC's will be like in PSO and probably have super defense and maxed on monomates.

OdinTyler
May 5, 2006, 02:34 PM
I've already asked Espio about this. He says that online, the leader of the group can call in their respective race's NPC.
Humans: Hyuga
Beasts: Leo
Casts: Idk
Newmen: Maya

DeathMachine
May 6, 2006, 02:12 AM
Wait...Hyuga, the guy who kept dying when you played last year?

Sessilu
May 6, 2006, 05:30 AM
Would be kinda weird if monsters adopted the same AI Intelligence as Fear as xD
Then again, it would be kinda hard to play v.v...
And well..hope the AI gets better, it's true, playing with a stupid AI sucks

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 08:33 AM
its:
Human=hyuga
Beast=Leo
Newman=May
Cast=Lou

RoninJoku
May 6, 2006, 09:34 AM
I don't care if Maya sucks! >.< I will bring her with me and protect her with my LIFE! o_o She is soooo gorgeous! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 09:39 AM
LOL!!! I've been seeing your strangely ignored posts about Maya, but I can't take it ANYMORE!!! MAYA is MINE!!!!!!!!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!!!!

OdinTyler
May 6, 2006, 11:30 AM
No, Stoic. She's MINE! LOL But yes, DM, Hyuga. HIM. BLAH! I'll use him as my meat shield. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 11:41 AM
NO!! NEVER!! And when he dies your rank goes

down

REJ-
May 6, 2006, 10:32 PM
Do they just leave when they die?