PDA

View Full Version : How to use the BBS and They're Listening! (ST) W/Screens

AzureBlaze
May 4, 2006, 12:40 AM
Ok I have no idea why no one wants to contribute to ST while they're actually listening to you.

Skip this part to get to how to use the BBS

Is no one sick of ST taking your money and spitting in your face EVERY year PSO was out? JPs get exclusive quests, no one gets any say on stuff that OBVIOUSLY needed tweaking

--high lvl chars not falling down due to high def making them actively WORSE to play then a low lvl?
--Being butchered by double-save hell and losing 1000s of hours?
--A swear filter that phails miserably and disrupts normal speach for YEARS on end with never a fix in sight?
--Horrible BA system where FOs unreasonably dominate that literally ended BA for GCPSO?

The list can go on forever, and no one ever lifted a finger against it. I know this is "just a beta" and not everything is on there yet, but now is your chance to say what you want. EspioKaos' (Neudiaz) post has a translated chunk of the board in it from someone else that PROVES beyond doubt that people complained about the voices and

"ST FIXED IT"

How many years has PSOW complained nonstop about "ST never listens" well now they are.

Want to say something? Here's how:

Go to the official beta site:
Type the name/pass to get onto the beta in the prompt window. You'll now see this: http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/PSUShots/MsgBoardShots/MsgBoardTop.jpg

If the shot doesn't work just go to http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/PSUShots/MsgBoardPage.html they're all explained what they are on there.

You want the little word above the picture beside "Phantasy star universe". Click it and it'll take you to the post-maker page. Instructions on it follow below.

Red Tag: Installation/Starting Issues
Blue Tag: Defect report on server issues
Green Tag: In-game defect issue report
Yellow Tag: Opinion demand on game specification
(these tags are NOT clickable to post with)

The yellow tag is what was used to get the voices less chatty. The top bit is like a disclaimer and the 2 crosses are 'use the search' and 'remember to refresh the page'

Tails' 3rd option instructs you how to post in this page. http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/PSUShots/MsgBoardShots/MsgBoardHow21.jpg
In the input box
1. Nickname
2.Your own email addy
C) Inputting the verification key which is acquired with verification key above-mentioned mail address
D) Verification key compilation button * link to verification key acquisition page
E) Your web address if you got one (leave blank)
F)Your cookie settings
G)Your topic title
H) Your message
Obviously push 'write' to send it

As you can see, C and D are direct babel-fishes of the instructions. I don't know what to do here, so I can't post anything as of yet. Any help?

If anyone needs/wants more screens, I can post them. If you do decide to post, MUST babelfish it AT LEAST first or it'll do no good. A better option is to try Saffran's offer, which will translate it probably better.

Once it's figured out 100% how to post, this post will be edited to instruct. Also if you want, you can say what you desire in here so a translator might read it or a beta-user could take up your cause.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2006-05-03 22:50 ]</font>

patient
May 4, 2006, 02:18 AM
Awesome!

I posted a thread about this very subject.

Since not everyone has the beta, maybe we can rally everyone痴 suggestions/concerns into one gigantic rant for that BBS, consequently blowing all Japanese etiquette straight out of the water with its potency!

It's definitely nearing the last moments that we can saying anything at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patient on 2006-05-04 00:18 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
May 4, 2006, 07:15 AM
Yay now that I know who to complaine to all I need to know is Japanese.....oh wait the english edition you need to direct questions to SOA, those guys don't listen.

Saffran
May 4, 2006, 11:11 AM
>all I need to know is Japanese

No, just tell me and I'll translate, and someone will post it. It's as simple as that.

Ether
May 4, 2006, 12:47 PM
I dont have the beta, but they really need to fix the whole "players with slower computers run like they're underwater" thing. The game should skip animation frames to adjust so they dont lag behind like that

RFB
May 4, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-05-04 10:47, Ether wrote:
I dont have the beta, but they really need to fix the whole "players with slower computers run like they're underwater" thing. The game should skip animation frames to adjust so they dont lag behind like that

Not 100% sure, but I'd swear the beta has a frameskip option.

Areku
May 4, 2006, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure if its just the beta version, but from what I hear, the nanoblasts and SUV types aren't that customizable. Hopefully ST will develop a nanoblast based on character design and more SUV types. Thats all I can think of right now.

Parn
May 4, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-05-04 11:25, RFB wrote:
Not 100% sure, but I'd swear the beta has a frameskip option.
It does. I have to use it in order to capture videos properly, and is the reason why there seems to be no slowdown issues in my videos. Frameskip was set to 2 (20 FPS).

Nuclearranger
May 4, 2006, 04:34 PM
Someone should tell them to get more face desines in there just a thought >.>

therealAERO
May 6, 2006, 12:08 AM
And put the voice frequency back up. Also adjust frame rate server wise so other players aren't outrunning the people that are lagging. And fix the Lag cancel for switching weapons. Ie I choose to switch a weapon in mid swing, instead of choosing the weapon after swing is completely done it makes it like I never even went to choose a different one.

kyori
May 6, 2006, 02:10 AM
Alright Saffy! I posted your first bit before and now I got more for you!

I would really like the voice frequency back up or at least more than what it is. The game feels dead with only the sound of sabers and gunshots. The voices gave it a lot more personality. Also, it's a concern if the game is released August 31st as it is a inconvinent time with school back and all. They should aim for early summer/midsummer release so we could enjoy it over our summer vacation. Also would we be keeping our characters?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-05-06 00:38 ]</font>

Saffran
May 6, 2006, 05:39 AM
Nuclear:
なんか顔の種類がす*ないような。。。まぁ、βではそ れ以上望めないか。

Aero:
Voice frequency? As in characters yelling and stuffs Once in a while?
キャラの声は前みたいに聞きたいなぁ。
ラグってる人にサーバーが気づいて、*制フレームスキップにできればよさそうですが、果たしてできる かどうか。。。
他は。。。武器変更のラグも直してほしいかも。(攻撃 中に変更しようとすると、結局丁寧に攻撃してから変更 するわけですね。)

Kyori:
キャラの声はやっぱりもっと聞きたい。前みたいにとは 言わないが、ちょっと今以上に。武器のSEだけではちょ っとね。。。声が*ってもっとこう、生き生きしてたよ うな。。。
それと、*売日が8月31日と聞いたが、学校が始まっ てしまうころですよ?真夏とかで出れば思う存分遊べる けど。。。*、そうそう、今のキャラはの運命はいかに ?維持か消滅か?

DarK-SuN
May 6, 2006, 07:03 AM
Parn, what everyone is meaning with frameskip is having an auto-frameskip option, like PSOBB eventually got after some patches (which it really needed).

Saffran
May 7, 2006, 06:07 PM
UPDATE

I took the liberty to post in the jp PSU boards, respecting their rules. It's less classy than the big coming out I kind of wanted to make, but I have written a long rant about it on their boards as well, in their topic about foreigners.

AzureBlaze
May 7, 2006, 07:14 PM
*Saffran
What is the name you used to post on the JP boards, if you don't mind? I have people who want to 'agree' with it in japanese, and the easiest way to find it is if they can read your name on the board.

Also, what did you say if it isn't prying?
Not word-for-word if you dont want to, just maybe a summary or something?

Also I'm really curious about the foreigner topic. Did they find out that non JP are somehow on there? I never spoke a word of eng (or anything damm lag) near anyone, if I could help it. Maybe a total of like 4 JPs saw a word out of me. Are they bashing? Ranting?

Now I'm ultra-curious

oShojino
May 7, 2006, 09:57 PM
Do either of you mind doing a translation for me? I typed out some ideas and translated through google but .. well it was ugly, see for yourself.

http://www2.sega.co.jp/psubeta/beta/22/rehmzt/rehmzt.html

If you have the time, or anyone that can translate to Japanese... could you please translate my ideas? Here is what I typed in English.

"Great job on the game so far SEGA, it is a solid game and very fun to play. However, I have a few suggestions to make the game better.

1. While the class system is great, there isnt much uniquness between different races of the classes like in PSO. For example, a HUneweral could use higher level magic then a HUmar, and HUcasts used traps. In PSU, all HUnters are the same, except for stats. I suggest you allow a races strengths to stay with them always. For example, since Newmans are known for their magic skills.. no matter what class they are the should be able to use some magic (half leveled at least), perhaps put it on weapons to make more unique and fun gameplay (provided they leveled up magics, and no matter HUnter or RAnger). Since beasts melee well, they could have PA for melee weapons (provided they leveled it up) beyond level 1. The same with casts and guns PA. Since Humans are balanced overall they could have 1/3rd proficiency in everything (for example if tech / PA max level is 20 when they are HUnter their magic skills could be maxed at level 6.)

2. Ranged weapons such as bows and guns should have special high damage no photon/element attacks. In beta all ranged weapons simply have elemental photons for PA but I believe there should be normal (green) PA that are special attacks like melee / close range weapon PA. Also, two handed ranged weapons such as shot and bow should be able to have more than one PA (up to 4) like staffs. Two handed melee weapons should also have the ability to equip more than one PA (up to 3, leaving one for normal attack) like staffs.

3. Newman should have special forms like casts SUV and beasts Nanoblast. I suggest Newmans get some sort of magical special, in which the can cast a very damaging spell based on MST and Mental Power, or perhaps special support magic. The special could change based on a tatoo or unit like beast and cast.

4. Allow Beasts to cycle through tatoos they have bought in my room, and allow characters to cycle through accessories they have bought in my room.

Thank you for listening to my suggestions, keep up the good work with PSU SEGA.

-Shojin"

Thanks again guys.

Edit: Oh also, added this one : 4. Allows Beasts to cycle through tatoos they have bought in my room, and allow characters to cycle through accessories they have bought in my room.

If possible please post it in the thread I have already made, saying that you translated for me thankyou. (really need a quick way to learn japanese ><)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-07 22:41 ]</font>

Saffran
May 8, 2006, 06:24 AM
Done.
The addy has "PSOW" in it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shojin, people were complaining that you posted in gibberish japanese although you -knew- it was gibberish. One of them even said that at this rate, it might have been better to post your original english text too...

Skye-Fox713
May 8, 2006, 04:39 PM
can some one translate this mesage in to japanes and send it to sonic team using the BBS message cause I'm not a beta testor and do not have a sega link acount.

translate between the quotes
"there an option to have the aviator goggles down over your eyes and down around your neck as well cause that would look cool with the goggles over the eyes (like the sunglasses) or down around the neck."

if some one could do this for me that would be awsume

oShojino
May 8, 2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks Saffran, and ya I saw all the complaints x-x. I didnt think of going through here though, thanks again. I do have another suggestion though, if you dont mind adding it to my thread there.

1. Allow a browse option for player shops in which items are listed by weapon/armor/clothing/usable item/PM Item. When players select the browse option they could select weapon, armor, clothing, usable item or PM item then after selecting one of the categories any items in that category that are for sale in player shops could be listed (doesnt have to be every item in the game). Then the player could select the item within the category they want to buy, and then a list could be shown of the sellers name and price. After clicking on which one you want to buy, it would take you to the player shop. This would making shopping much easier. It would also be nice to see the prices and seller of items you search as well.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 8, 2006, 11:43 PM
Azure Blaze, Have you sent in any suggestions about more options for Cast customization? We definitely need more heads...

AzureBlaze
May 9, 2006, 08:21 PM
I havn't yet.
I am getting ready to, though. I want to get a reply post as well, so that I can have other beta testers come in and "Agree" with the post to make the idea look popular/like it is something many people care about.
This should influence them into doing something about it. The beta testers on here are pretty much my hope for doing the "Agree" thing but they have to be persuaded to do it. It will be simple for them if there's a 'copy/paste'-able text pre translated and they know Saffran's name on there and just take the 3 min to do it.

To Saffran,
Several people (and me) have suggested in this post and others that we need more cast customizing ability. Could you post and translate

"We would like the option to switch BOTH the under-face and head-covering of androids. You could switch the entire head in PSO, it should be available here as well. We would like the Accessory Store to sell more and diffrent under-faces and head-covers for androids"

...and if you feel like badgering them "We want the option to make very wide androids, like we could in PSO"

(I tried to use as few words as possible. We KNOW that they will give us: More Colors of Paint, and more armor styles. Both have been proven in screen shots we already have and our experience in the beta)

**Mind you, androids are a minority. Most everyone likes fleshies better. Therefor, we must have a VERY loud voice or the few of us there are will get screwed. Everyone seems to think

"Oh this is only the beta, ST will put in everything we desire when it comes out"
"Oh, I don't have to do the post thing and waste my 3mins because I am sure someone else has already done it, it will be ok"

Well, no. ALWAYS assume the worst and the laziest. You MUST assume that this beta is extremely close to how the final will be. I am nearly positive we will NOT be showered with tons of magical options and 100s more things to appear on the final. Pessimistic? Possibly, but it's better to over-compensate than be stuck with nothing.

If you're on the beta, and you havn't posted, DO IT! Don't have a cause? Take up someone else's! There's plenty of people on here who will translate it for you so you don't end up with oshojino's error. "Everyone else" doesn't exist. Its you or nothing.

AzureBlaze
May 9, 2006, 08:55 PM
If you are on the beta and you want to contribute...
You can use

賛成

*、それいいね

んー欲しいかも

大いに賛成

同意

those phrases to agree with something (whichever cause you like) that has been posted by Saffran or another PSOW user on the boards. EACH line contains a different JP phrase for agreeing. If you see someone else already did one, just copy and paste a different one. It takes less than 3 mins to get on there, sign up and paste something. It will look real because Saffran did it and not some program. (Thank you saffran!)

*I rushed this out because I think that the BBS goes down when the beta does, and it is ending extreeeemly soon, so if you don't get up there and do it now, it may be gone. They listen to posts with lots of different people agreeing so, it's cool.

BTW http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/beta/support/aboutbbs.html you push that big red button to get to the BBS. The reply button is above the post across from the title or the "RE:title" All you have to do is paste it in, once you find which one you want to agree to. I will edit in the various areas to go to agree to, as soon as I find their pages. (the posts dont jump pages like they do here)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2006-05-09 19:52 ]</font>

Saffran
May 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
The wider slider thingie:
http://www2.sega.co.jp/psubeta/beta/8/ytsuff/xbpsyd.html

The other issues have already been adressed to by japanese players.

NiuBalkrye
May 11, 2006, 12:52 AM
I had an idea for something on the online side of things for the final game.
The amount charged for the monthly/whenever HL/PSU Connection fee, gets repaid to the players in a form of a "Monthly Meseta Allowance" to the characters.
For example, if it's $8 a month, we'd get something like 8, 800 or 8,000 meseta at the beginning(or end) of the month?

Niu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-05-10 22:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-05-10 22:54 ]</font>