PDA

View Full Version : PSU J releasedate

rena-ko
May 5, 2006, 02:50 PM
according to gamefront.de (http://www.gamefront.de), Sega announced the japanese releasedate for PSU at august 31th 06 as well as the price at 7,140 yen.

PrinceBrightstar
May 5, 2006, 03:25 PM
They didn't update the main psu site today though. gamefront may just be grabbing a date from nowhere unless sega plans to announce the date officially at E3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-05-05 13:25 ]</font>

uhawww
May 5, 2006, 03:26 PM
I was worried for a minute. IGN has the JP release date listed as Oct 1.
If this is true, One can say the Closed Beta has been a great success seeing as the commercial release is so soon (so to speak) afterwards.

I have 3 weeks of accrued paid vacation time from work,
I know where one of them is going...(if they stick with this one), I'm still remaining a little skeptical until more sources come out, though still a little disappointed that they'd miss summer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-05-05 13:34 ]</font>

physic
May 5, 2006, 03:50 PM
hm august thats awhiles away, 2 3 months if thats teh release methinks tehy will ahve an open beta

Skye-Fox713
May 5, 2006, 04:07 PM
I beleve that august is 3 months away. May, June, July, August

Sgt_Shligger
May 5, 2006, 04:20 PM
Does that mean it won't be released in the U.S. until next spring?

Kamica
May 5, 2006, 04:22 PM
No Just No

I am waiting for a date heard at E3

If it were august31 then itwould be time to find the nearest gun

Polly
May 5, 2006, 04:34 PM
My Play-Asia pre-order is saying August 31st too.

scott1114
May 5, 2006, 04:35 PM
If it gets delayed again I won,t get this game, just gonna be too long, and anyways rogue galaxy and FF12 are coming this october too, so sega needs to make up their freakin mind. And if I were them i would release it at least a month before ff12, not good for their product

PhotonCat
May 5, 2006, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't believe any date until Sega announces it themselves. And anyway, it was delayed twice so never can be too sure. I would hold out untill E3, there should be a date then.
I am hoping for a sooner release date. Sooner it's out in Japan, the sooner it will be released in NA.

and anyways rogue galaxy and FF12 are coming this october too, so sega needs to make up their freakin mind.

I don't see how that effects anything. FF are overhyped POS games and RG is some unheard of thing. It won't effect the sales of PSU. Besides, you can buy more than one game at a time right?, or am I missing something?

Saffran
May 5, 2006, 06:39 PM
Photon Cat, RG is the Xenogears of the PS2 and FF12 is actually rather good.
Both games have been out for months in JP so it's not a problem though...

physic
May 5, 2006, 09:23 PM
august isnt really a delay, they said 2006 before, also its only like 1 to 3 months form october, seriously though i hope it comes out way before that, 3 to 6 months is a long time, and yeah iff FF is similar time in NA the US part may decide to push it back till xmas season... so sooner is better than later

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2006-05-05 19:26 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
May 5, 2006, 09:42 PM
way back when... it used to be winter of '06, I'm glad the game is still coming out period. It doesn't really matter to me if it comes out in august, or june, or october, or september. As long as its still released this year, I'll be happy!

vitius137
May 5, 2006, 09:52 PM
pfft, positive thinking.
i cant wait another minute for this game and i really hope it comes out before the end of october.

KaiNova7
May 5, 2006, 10:22 PM
I hope it comes out in the summer for japan and early fall for North America, or A.S.A.P.....but Im sure all the delays is for quality purpose, we dont want a dissapointed PSU, thats for sure..

linkzone
May 5, 2006, 10:24 PM
i tell you what if they take forever and the quality isnt good, oohhh by george ill be mad.

Tamashii
May 5, 2006, 10:35 PM
August 31, eh...

_Tek_
May 6, 2006, 12:23 AM
So were going to be seeing a christmas english release

PrinceBrightstar
May 6, 2006, 12:28 AM
Don't forget, the original date was for the JP version, not the USA version. sega USA has always listed fall 2006, so you can certainly expect that to be delayed...

And given current patterns in the JP to US release delay based on previous releases, I'd say.... anywhere from 6 months to 2 years for the US version.

physic
May 6, 2006, 01:12 AM
yea, but certainly its unecessary keeping in mind that the game is already a year + late, and that both versions were intially supposed to be out in the same season. I mean compnaies like to take 20 years to translate crap and get VAs but they could do it much less time, or have done it already

Hotsuma
May 6, 2006, 02:16 AM
Dude.. c'mon.. give SEGA a little credit.. they aren't stupid enough to release THIS game a year later when they plan on making this their premiere game for 06. i have no doubts that it will be released in the fall, most likely October, and the beta is really going as well as everyone says, who knows? It might be released earlier. I see them releasing it earlier more likely than delaying it, because from all the beta footage we've seen the game seems to be very solid, and only a few more months would it take them to clean it up, I mean I believe the game is done right? They are just sress testing it? So why would it be a year for the release? No way. And delays? I just don't see any reason for one, so I extremely doubt it. And earlier release, that can be a possability, but I'm sticking with an October release, plus.. they probably wanna release it before Halloween to put up the Halloween decorations and quests right? So guys.. don't stress it, it has to be Fall, nothing more.

Sgt_Shligger
May 6, 2006, 03:13 AM
As long as they don't pull a microsoft releasing in Japan and U.S. at the same time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But anyway, SEGA just needs to polish the game before it gets released, like Hotsuma said.

Demon-
May 6, 2006, 03:57 AM
Well I just hope they polish it up real good and make it nice and shiny. I don't want any major mistakes in this new game.

Sessilu
May 6, 2006, 04:11 AM
Wha...man... i gotta kill someone if that's true <.<;
*Thinks*
Psu will be better, stay calm
Psu will be better, stay calm
*Enough Thinking*

Ok..phew..v.v;

ecchichuu
May 6, 2006, 06:40 AM
That 8/31 delay is another reason this game shouldn't have been made for PS2. The beta shows this game is already more or less complete, it didn't even change much from last year's e3 demo. I think the only reason ST can't release the game right now and patch it as they go along is because the PS2 version is too hard to update with major patches.

And if they release this game in the US at the same time as PS3 and Wii and the November AAA game rush... man, that'd be worse than releasing the game against FF12 and MH2 in Japan. Why would I care about PSU when I got PS3?

linkzone
May 6, 2006, 07:50 AM
oh god help them if they waste my time with transfering it to the ps3. i love PSU but im not buying a darn ps3 for it. ill just use my PC.

Shiwayari
May 6, 2006, 06:55 PM
I think they won't delay the other releases any more, I mean they can't take 3+ months to just translate can they?
Also I just went on segas official homepages to see if the release changed. On the NA site it is still Fall, but on the EU site it says Summer 2006 ( http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Game/176.htm ), which I think is kind of unlikely. But since its the official page it could be true, what do you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiwayari on 2006-05-06 16:55 ]</font>

StarLionsX
May 6, 2006, 07:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing Shiwayari. I don't know if Sega of EU has just been neglecting to update.

-Klaus-
May 6, 2006, 07:44 PM
Meh... I'm pretty sure it's october. My friend wors at a gaming store and he checked the release date, and his comp said around early/mid October.

Sev
May 6, 2006, 07:49 PM
I can only imagine if the games delayed they're just going to add more in. I'm not gonna complain, especially since there's no HD support. Get everything in the first go around and have enough content available from the start. Then you can begin creating new content, and within a year maybe we'll have even more to play with. Who knows though, it'll come out when it'll come out. But I'm sure no one will complain if it comes out sooner then later.

Zeota
May 6, 2006, 08:21 PM
Doesn't help that most of us are back in school by this time either. If this is the case, this game had better damn well be better than a jaunt in the sack with a super model.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkEpyon00 on 2006-05-06 18:22 ]</font>